Random Gaming Talk
For when you don't want to make a thread
Yuck
(11-01-2023, 11:32 PM)Nintex wrote: It was pretty obvious that they sold to Sony to cash out after Destiny peaked and Sony needed some GAAS expertise and a counter-blow to Microsoft buying Activision ASAP.
Now with Ryan out the GAAS focus at PlayStation is being reversed and Bungie missed the revenue target by 45%.  lol  

Costs are way too high for the PlayStation division anyway. I don't believe these stories about Sony planning to buy more developers/publishers.
They think they already won the battle they wanted to win and I think they're right.

(11-01-2023, 07:29 PM)MMaRsu wrote:
(10-31-2023, 08:21 PM)Nintex wrote:
Clowns at the head.
Lots of these layoffs were hit at long working people, people who have been with the studio for 20 years
Probably because their shares would be vested after a certain period after the Sony acquisition, but when those people are fired before the shares get vested, they return to Bungie.
Peeps are under NDA obviously but it seems to me like some of those folks simply took the opportunity of a golden parachute offered to them and retired early.

People say that Bungie is very "short sighted" this or that or whatever.

Bungie was short sighted in the sense that they didn't see the big thing after Destiny and kept Destiny 2 going for too long but they were certainly right to bet on Destiny over Xbox and HALO if you look at how Microsoft continued HALO and Xbox during the Xbox One era. Let's not kid ourselves. Had Bungie remained at MS they wouldn't have made Destiny but yearly HALOs as that was the direction they were already headed in with HALO 3, ODST and Reach. With Destiny they pretty much invented the GaaS template that would be used for a decade.

Also MS execs have always been a pain in the ass to deal with. It wasn't until Phil Spencer became VP and CEO of gaming that Xbox was back to having the kind of independence they had when Seamus Blackley was running it. Yet not even Spencer can ignore Microsoft corporate policies when it comes to teams with 50% contractors and whatnot. Something which absolutely destroyed HALO Infinite.

Senior devs are important but you also need fresh ideas from time to time. I would mostly use them to train new devs myself but not all want to do that. If the same people in the same positions can't deliver and won't move on, sometimes you have to make difficult decisions. Also if you made a great contribution to a project or company the company does not owe you a job for the rest of your life, that's not how it works.
2 users liked this post: chronovore, MMaRsu

Finally Sonic Adventure 3
2 users liked this post: who is ted danson?, chronovore

That looks cool
1 user liked this post: chronovore

Dead
1 user liked this post: who is ted danson?
Delusional MGS fans thinking tweeting about it will help Konami do anything about the collection ports

THIS THREAD IS NOT A SAFESPACE TO HATE ON KONAMI!!!!!

lol lol lol

I actually feel sad for them. What gives them the idea that Konami would give a literal shit?
1 user liked this post: Nintex
2 users liked this post: HardcoreRetro, Nintex

Can confirm it looks this fucking good on a 4070 Ti with Path Tracing Mouf
As if you bought Alan Woke Heh
Its not really woke but ok
(11-04-2023, 07:19 PM)MMaRsu wrote: Its not really woke but ok

They did race swap the main character and she has a racist line towards the end of the game. She was white in Quantum Break.

Giving her an absentee father was a good touch though. Real progressive.
2 users liked this post: D3RANG3D, Tucker's Law
(10-28-2023, 04:31 AM)benji wrote: Open Beta for this now through Nov 5, also on consoles:
I like dis except I think it might be better with more than three people on each team, one more day on the beta.
1 user liked this post: MMaRsu
(11-05-2023, 10:36 AM)HardcoreRetro wrote:
(11-04-2023, 07:19 PM)MMaRsu wrote: Its not really woke but ok

They did race swap the main character and she has a racist line towards the end of the game. She was white in Quantum Break.

Giving her an absentee father was a good touch though. Real progressive.

[Image: the-rock.gif]

Quantum Break came out in 2016. It was just an easter egg in that, plans change.

Havent come across this 'racist line' yet but im sure its whatever
Wow, good rebuttal.

Spoiler:  (click to show)
She calls Alan Wake a white asshole in one of the final sections.
which kind of took me out of the game because up to that point they didn't really mention skin colour at all.
Had Alan called her a black cunt, the outrage would've been through the roof.

Overall Saga feels like she was written as a white scandinavian woman
With her Swedish roots, naming convention following Norse Mythology. Grandfather named Tor and her mom being called Freya. Saga being the name of a norse god itself. They do imply that Warlin Door is her father, so that explains why she's black now.

My biggest problem with woke stuff is how inorganic some of it feels. Like things are just done to meet a quota.
1 user liked this post: Tucker's Law
I havent had any issue with it so far but whatevs
Eh, it's on the low-end scale of that kinda stuff. These are the only two things I could find and the character is written well beside it.

100% the game myself today. My biggest gripe with the game is that it doesn't really come full circle. By the end it felt like a part two of a trilogy to me. Hope the DLC wraps some of it up.
I was mainly being silly about Alan Woke lol lol lol
2 users liked this post: MMaRsu, Nintex
Got to the Alan Wake part of Alan Wake 2 and it's damn good. 

Remedy does the Live Action stuff well.
2 users liked this post: MMaRsu, MJBarret
I loved the game overall, I've only really got two issues that kinda bothered me. Endgame spoilers:

Scratch wasn't the demented psychopath his prior appearances made him out to be, but just a snarling monster, which I found kinda boring in comparison.

I felt the narrative got a little muddied in the end.

It had seemed to me like Alan was trapped because he couldn't be both The Author and The Hero. He was a prisoner of the Dark Presence and tormented and manipulated by Scratch so any attempt to save himself would ultimately be thwarted. 

His solution was to write in a new Hero and make himself the Author trapped in tower for the Hero to rescue.

That felt like a strong narrative through-line, until it fizzled out when they went "We're both the Authors and the Heroes!" which I don't think really made sense in context and felt a little Sesame Street to me.

Otherwise loved it, looking forward to Control 2.
2002:
[Image: eoP4RzS.png]

Miyamoto

[Image: xeXG3JQ.png]

Miyamoto
2 users liked this post: Nintex, MMaRsu
4 users liked this post: chronovore, who is ted danson?, Nintex, MMaRsu
GTA 6

5th November 2024

"Wasn't there something else you were supposed to do today?"
1 user liked this post: who is ted danson?
Oled Yuck

90 hz screen and better battery are nice though.
Valve has followed in the footsteps of Nintendo. I wonder if this will give the Steamdeck some new momentum. So far the Steam Deck has been the most popular Switch copy cat and I don't see the ROG Ally and other devices gain any traction. Nintendo will probably sweep the market again with the Switch 2.