Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
(11-22-2023, 02:24 AM)Boredfrom wrote:
Mekanos wrote:I'm honestly not sure older Jews and Jewish community leaders like rabbis realize how badly they are losing young people on this stance. Polling indicates 40% of young Jews consider Israel an apartheid state. That's only going to get more pronounced and they will feel isolated from their communities if this continues.

But ultimately that's what Zionists want, for us to feel unwelcome and unwanted so they can manufacture consent for their genocidal project. They view Jews who support Palestine as race traitors.
I really don't think your rabbi is trying to manufacture consent for his genocidal project my man. Although if he was that might be a reason to stop going to him for moral and spiritual wisdom. Just a thought.
(11-21-2023, 10:51 AM)JoeBoy101 wrote: [Image: ec5da55d1dfaecd749950987c71021bc93c0cf9d...9c7_1.webp]
(11-22-2023, 01:33 AM)PogiJones wrote: [Image: J81Zh6w.png]
Man the damage that fucking South Park episode did is insane. It absolutely invigorated them and they're spamming stills of it on EVERYONE who praises the film, makes fan art or even says they liked it.

Absolutely ghoulish, what South Park did. I don't care if it was "humor" or "satire".
(11-22-2023, 12:46 AM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote: Art_3
User Banned (permanent): antisemitic conspiracy theories and rhetoric
Hollywood ain't run by "jews" like conservative idiots like to say,they're run by zionists but so is the US government as a whole,horrifying

[Image: Willem_Dafoe_Looking_Up.jpg]
I'm not sure that adopting a strategy that you call anyone who doesn't want Israel wiped off the face of the Earth a Zionist is the best possible one but then I post on hate sites from time to time so I may not be an expert.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/melissa-barrera-dropped-from-%E2%80%98scream-vii%E2%80%99-after-social-media-posts-amid-israel-hamas-conflict.787563/page-5#post-115252536
Bor Gullet wrote:
msdstc wrote:Resetera is usually pretty on the ball about dog whistles and tropes like this... but when there was some outrage over what Jamie Foxx put on his social media, there was a lot of eye rolling (I believe Jamie didn't mean anything by it, but I got why it was right for him to apologize). Now you have people jumping to defend what is at very best, an absolute trash use of the phrase at the absolute worst possible time to do so. Be better when it comes to antisemitism yall, jesus christ .
Out of all the "isms" the one Era has consistently downplayed the most is antisemitism. It's to the point where I've considered leaving this forum, but I guess I'm too addicted at this point.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/melissa-barrera-dropped-from-%E2%80%98scream-vii%E2%80%99-after-social-media-posts-amid-israel-hamas-conflict.787563/page-5#post-115253097
Quote: Cop User banned (3 months): Downplaying antisemitic rhetoric
rochellepaws wrote:She was correct in everything she said.

There's a genocide of thousands of children happening and people are in here arguing about tropes and hidden meanings in the condemnation. Shameful.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/melissa-barrera-dropped-from-%E2%80%98scream-vii%E2%80%99-after-social-media-posts-amid-israel-hamas-conflict.787563/page-7#post-115255128
Quote: Cop User banned (2 weeks): dismissing antisemitic dogwhistles
JABEE wrote:The problem is always calling out the Genocide America supports and that has been perpetrated by Israel for decades. An ethnic cleansing recognized by the biggest humanitarian and human rights organizations in the world.

Speaking out against colonizers will get you shit-canned, black-listed, and labelled as an anti-semite. See what happened to Roger Waters.

Israel is seen as too geo-politically important to openly criticize and any major celebrity that speaks out of turn can be cut off or eliminated from professional public life.

The CEO of the company told you why she was fired. No need to read a bunch of levels into her statements to justify this horseshit.
Quote:Yeah I'll write Israel any the fuck way I want to, because it is not a stand-in for, nor does it represent, all Jewish people (despite the "you must be racist if you disagree" ploy that Netanyahu likes to use), and they have been heavily propped up by the 225.2 BILLION dollars in military aid the US has given to them, which they have used to commit atrocities. What kind of respect does the Netanyahu regime or that military aid arrangement actually deserve?

Edit: Really hoping Spyglass's statement is illuminating the situation for people trying to concern troll over her post.

Society

https://www.resetera.com/threads/melissa-barrera-dropped-from-%E2%80%98scream-vii%E2%80%99-after-social-media-posts-amid-israel-hamas-conflict.787563/page-8

Quote:I still can't get over the fact that SpyGlass fired an actress that appeals to an overwhelming majority of Gen Z from their very own rebooted franchise that caters directly to Gen Z.

They should hire Osama Bin Laden's reanimated corpse.
Quote:Every republican/conservative is banned on this site.
This forum is extremely left leaning so you will find very one sided results.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-is-the-us-election-vibe-check-for-the-brown-and-or-spanish-speaking-eligible-voters-here-how-will-you-vote.787638/#post-115256691
People more offended by Spyglass statement than she doing a genuine antisemite dogwhistle.
(11-22-2023, 03:37 AM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/melissa-barrera-dropped-from-%E2%80%98scream-vii%E2%80%99-after-social-media-posts-amid-israel-hamas-conflict.787563/page-5#post-115253097
Quote: Cop User banned (3 months): Downplaying antisemitic rhetoric
rochellepaws wrote:There's a genocide of thousands of children happening
What are we genociding at those numbers? The Amish?
AdamE wrote:It's weird to me that someone like her can get fired but people like Mel Gibson keep getting work?

omfg
(11-22-2023, 03:50 AM)Boredfrom wrote:
AdamE wrote:It's weird to me that someone like her can get fired but people like Mel Gibson keep getting work?
What in the world is he talking about? Gibson was blacklisted for years and still mostly is. He needed Iron Man to vouch for him to get a single movie to direct. lol
We really going to allow this dismissing of Gibson's mental issues (he's Irish-Australian) too? Yikes. Oof.
Nepenthe wrote:The United States has no vested geopolitical interest in the autonomy of Black people. It does have have a vested geopolitical interest in Israel's existence. So yeah, you can come back from "raped by a pack of beautiful Black bodies" while getting fired for pro-Palestinian rhetoric.

Holy shit, I can’t. They are seriously arguing that Mel Gibson had any kind of comeback?
I mean, they think you shouldn't even be allowed to live if you say the wrong thing so Gibson getting a few parts from friends in stuff pretty much is forgiveness for them. lol
Barrera is going to be okay if she is smart about it (the smart thing would be not giving a fuck about a having a hot take in this conflict, but hey).

But is pretty batshit insane that they think Mel Gibson has a career.

BTW, Why the fuck Nepenthe is omitting Mel’s antisemitism?
I can imagine how hard most of the staff beg Nepenthe to not post anything in the HamasIsrael Superhour threads, even if most of the staff agree with her overall shit takes.
(11-22-2023, 03:41 AM)Superstar wrote:
Quote:Every republican/conservative is banned on this site.
This forum is extremely left leaning so you will find very one sided results.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-is-the-us-election-vibe-check-for-the-brown-and-or-spanish-speaking-eligible-voters-here-how-will-you-vote.787638/#post-115256691

More interesting was the qualification in the OP

Quote:Voting blue doesn't mean you support all or any Democrat policies or positions, but it means you will vote blue despite everything you feel. Red means your vote will support whatever agenda they (MAGA, Conservative, Republican, etc.) will implement if they come to power.

What
Brazil wrote:The true antisemites are the people who criticize Israel, not the people who hate jews.
AdamE wrote:This seems to be pretty evident. You can have actual white supremacists saying the most heinous anti semitic shit, and get minimal repercussions if anything, and then simply expression pro Palestine views gets you max punishment.
Basically it seems to the ruling class, anti semitism is okay so as long as Israel isn't included.
Oh and of course any support of Palestinians and accusing Israel or zionists of crimes is anti semitic.

Dunno guys, i feel is pretty antisemitic to rewrite history so people think an awful antisemitic and racist event was not as bad or with lasting consequences just to score culture war points.

Because I’m sure as hell that Mel Gibson was blacklisted and most of his films reevaluated. That were no “minimal” repercussions.

Scumbags.
(11-22-2023, 04:31 AM)Boredfrom wrote:
Brazil wrote:The true antisemites are the people who criticize Israel, not the people who hate jews.
AdamE wrote:This seems to be pretty evident. You can have actual white supremacists saying the most heinous anti semitic shit, and get minimal repercussions if anything, and then simply expression pro Palestine views gets you max punishment.
Basically it seems to the ruling class, anti semitism is okay so as long as Israel isn't included.
Oh and of course any support of Palestinians and accusing Israel or zionists of crimes is anti semitic.
So they're ignorant about what those types write about Israel all day every day? Dead
YOUTUBE IS TRYING TO THWART ME LOOKING UP CLIPS OF FAMOUS WHITE SUPREMACISTS TALKING ABOUT ISRAEL Rage
2023 will forever be the year of the great leftist awakening.

They now know the truth of the JQ.

White supremacist's eatin' GOOD in 2024.  Malarkey!
smurfx wrote:didn't he have some projects after everything that happened to him that were successful? in the end if there's money to be made all wrongs can be forgiven. no different than hulk hogan being able to come back because there was money to be made.

What the fuck is Braveheart and the Passion Of Christ?  The Beaver is where the money is…
I don't understand how this is all happening, all I wanted was for people's lives to be destroyed for things they say online. Not like this!
(11-22-2023, 05:00 AM)benji wrote: I don't understand how this is all happening, all I wanted was for people's lives to be destroyed for things they say online. Not like this!

Cancel culture doesn't exist.  literally shaking
Why didn't anyone do the emotional labor to educate me as to what my soulless evil adversaries might do with the power I wanted to grant them? Existential
How are people always ignoring how taxing it is for me that everyone else keeps failing me all the time instead of just being good people? This is why I hate the endless hellscape that is capitalism. STOP
https://www.resetera.com/threads/melissa-barrera-dropped-from-%E2%80%98scream-vii%E2%80%99-after-social-media-posts-amid-israel-hamas-conflict.787563/page-8#post-115259064

JigglesBunny wrote:
Funkelpop wrote:Not sure if the last part is sarcasm but unfortunately like most things, they'll just pretend it never happened and all of Hollywood will move on.
They won't get shuddered, no, but I guarantee you that "that time Spyglass tanked the Scream franchise by firing their lead actress and denying genocide" is going to stick in a lot of people's minds for a long, long time. This isn't your run of the mill PR blunder, this shit will stick.

Also, to go a bit more granular, horror fans (like myself) have minds like steel traps, generally land on the right side of political and social issues and hold grudges. Scream's not only beloved by those of us born and raised in the 90s and early 2000s anymore, it's a gen Z cornerstone too. This is going down in the fuck-up history books.
"Spyglass just shot themselves in the foot." Dead
Laughing Banana wrote:People making/supporting pro-Palestinian statements are getting censored, rebuked, and fired everywhere.

What else is new.

You just had to tell the lady to bake the FUCKING gay cake, huh? Just had to push canceling on twitter, huh?

IT'S ALL RESETERAS FAULT! THEY CREATED THIS CULTURE! ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS SHOP AT ANOTHER STORE!   klobbbbbbb

Make your own Hollywood now.  Snob
BDumbs wrote:Here's the thing, a lot of this stuff is very baked into our societies. Even if you're not a bigot doesn't mean you won't accidentally cross that line without realizing it. We've seen it happen on a few occasions in a few different spheres. I mean, we've had people in this thread defend her by making even worse comments themselves and justifying really bad shit.

Part of intersectionality, and why it's so hard and annoying, is that we have to constantly be remembering that our words have meanings we might not intend and strive to try and be aware of all that because bigots will use those mistakes we make to hide in.

Look at this fucking centrist.
What do you mean, B-dubs..? Are you saying I can't say Jews run Hollywood and are snuffing out anyone who goes against them?  ???
2 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth