Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
The Windrunner discussion ended up going a much funnier route than expected:
Antrax wrote:Eh, I know a lot of posters get into it over consoles or whatever (maybe this applies to you, I don't know, I'm speaking broadly), but this particular situation is not about "toys and cartoons." We have mostly silence from mods about this at all, but apparently some consensus was reached that "sex slavery" is not a fair description of what victims of Hamas are experiencing (per official reports). One mod tried to clarify that a bit, but it's been radio silence otherwise. Through this, other instances of what I'll say seems to be questionable standards of discussion came up. Actual victims of sexual assault are having this pedantry debated in front of them, right on the forum.

Supposedly there were going to be changes on political discussion but it seems that maybe that's been shelved for the moment.
Windrunner wrote:I agree with you, I am horrified about the pontificating over the semantics of sex slavery, especially the subsequent justifications.

I am however against witch hunts against specific mods, especially when it involves combing over their social media and going to KF of all places.
GoldenEye 007 wrote:It was a public twitter post. And even now, the only confirmation is that it is an admin, but nobody knows who it is for sure. It's not ideal to take things from other sites. We have to remember mods also took something from an outside site to help justify the ban (which by the way wasn't even the poster that posted any twitter links).

But also, the commentary was dangerous demanding that Jews either leave Israel or give up control. And when that person is an admin that likely shapes policy while there has been a noticeable lack of…. urgency when it comes anti-semitism on site, it's kind of cause for concern. And people will naturally call that out. Remember that statement was made the day of the terrorist attack and before any war or alleged genocide of Palestine.
Windrunner wrote:I have been shown more of these posts by someone, I apologise, if un-doctored then I was badly wrong in my assessment. I won't get involved further.

Gonna need someone new to try to defend the mods
Community thread:
zethren wrote:I suggest we strongly consider the concept of forum-wide elections for our moderators and administrators.

I'm dead serious.

Complete with term limits and impeachment processes in place for when a mod or admin abuses power.

If this is a community that cares about healthy discussion and growth then it needs to be moderated by a team that agrees and will actually follow through. It needs to be a community moderated and fostered from within, by a moderation team that no longer feels disconnected from it. That no longer feels like an exclusive club of powerful people that never changes, which is how apathy and corruption festers.

Forums are dying as it is, and if this site wants to survive then changes need to be made to benefit and foster care for what we have left here. Many of us care a lot about this forum as an outlet for discussion, debate, and community, and I think there are people here who can and would do a good job keeping it healthy.

What would Nep's campaign slogan be dunno
Unban me and I will run against NepNep, I love the jews Trumps
(03-09-2024, 11:05 PM)Snoopy wrote: Could someone go into a random thread and do a little mod praising. Maybe pat one of the lesser knowns on the back. Just to keep them confused and off the scent.

Mods really wishing right now they could get another tag giveaway going like they did when Cerium left everyone in the dirt
(03-09-2024, 11:33 PM)Averon wrote: Community thread:
zethren wrote:I suggest we strongly consider the concept of forum-wide elections for our moderators and administrators.

I'm dead serious.

Complete with term limits and impeachment processes in place for when a mod or admin abuses power.

If this is a community that cares about healthy discussion and growth then it needs to be moderated by a team that agrees and will actually follow through. It needs to be a community moderated and fostered from within, by a moderation team that no longer feels disconnected from it. That no longer feels like an exclusive club of powerful people that never changes, which is how apathy and corruption festers.

Forums are dying as it is, and if this site wants to survive then changes need to be made to benefit and foster care for what we have left here. Many of us care a lot about this forum as an outlet for discussion, debate, and community, and I think there are people here who can and would do a good job keeping it healthy.

"Lay down in a bus lane or something LOL"
A popularity contest to determine the next mod? Certainly a good/hilarious idea for people in the peanut gallery.
(03-09-2024, 11:56 PM)books wrote: A popularity contest to determine the next mod? Certainly a good/hilarious idea for people in the peanut gallery.

Yes, secret elections by unelected officials are much better. Cut through the riff raff
Nepenthe would hate being accountable to an electorate even more than she hates the collective jewish nation of white europeans
ClickyCal’ wrote:
Quote:I ignore pinned threads just to get them out of the way, but that's all.
:/

How can one just ignore the trans genocide?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/how-many-users-and-threads-do-you-have-on-ignore.825546/?post=120266343#post-120266343

Edit:
Quote:Since the genocide machine in Gaza started up, plenty.

klobbbbbbb

https://www.resetera.com/threads/how-many-users-and-threads-do-you-have-on-ignore.825546/page-4?post=120268017#post-120268017

Edit 2:
Social Media Manager • EA SPORTS WRC Verified wrote:0 and 8

I've hidden the pinned threads in a few forums since I don't visit them anyway.

Does Resetera need to get another social media manager fired cause they don’t care about trans people?
(03-09-2024, 11:33 PM)Averon wrote: Community thread:

I'm dead serious.

Benji must be sweating.
(03-09-2024, 11:38 PM)Nintex wrote: Unban me and I will run against NepNep, I love the jews Trumps

What would your party name and platform be?  Riot
1 user liked this post: Taco Bell Tower
Make your case Benji, if we don’t like it we elect Nintex 

ufup
(03-09-2024, 08:31 PM)Besticus Maximus wrote:
Gameboy Nostalgia dateline='[url=tel:1710016158' wrote: 1710016158[/url]']
Can you smell that? This fresh Bore air. Where we can talk about anything and Benji will go on random tirades like an old man yelling at the clouds. No one gets banned unless you're a Chinese or Russian bot.

It's a place of freedom.  doggy

Left. Right. Center. We're all brothers when we laugh at Resetera and silly ol' uncle Donalds antics.

Nepenthe is worse than anyone here, it’s no exaggeration. She’s racist as absolute fuck and thinks she’s untouchable.

Damn, even me? I gotta try harder I guess...
3 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, Propagandhim, Gameboy Nostalgia
(03-09-2024, 08:45 PM)Straight Edge wrote: It's the Mercedes Benz in Nep's driveway that really sends me.

[Image: nepenthehouse.png]

Not even a cheap arse C-class either. One of the bigger, more expensive ones.
(03-09-2024, 08:56 PM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote: Also shouldn't B-dubs and hecht be actioned? They visit Kiwifarms.  omg

Even worse, they visit theboredotprecum
(03-10-2024, 12:13 AM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote:
(03-09-2024, 11:38 PM)Nintex wrote: Unban me and I will run against NepNep, I love the jews Trumps

The Nintex Party loves the gameboy and the nostalgia, also we'll put Gal Gadot on a banner at the top of every page.
3 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, kaleidoscopium, Gameboy Nostalgia
Averon dateline='[url=tel:1710027227' wrote: 1710027227[/url]']
Community thread:

I'm dead serious.

Free slogan for any of the trans mafia who wants to run.  I like Dike Teehee
3 users liked this post: Potato, Taco Bell Tower, Gameboy Nostalgia
(03-10-2024, 12:36 AM)Nintex wrote:
(03-10-2024, 12:13 AM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote:

The Nintex Party loves the gameboy and the nostalgia, also we'll put Gal Gadot on a banner at the top of every page.

Gal Gadot at the top of every page and Sydney Sweeney at the bottom and you got a deal.
(03-09-2024, 09:07 PM)benji wrote:
ClickyCal wrote:
Quote:Sigh. CreepingFear literally just stepped into the site for a moment and stepped out. You're taking that comment to mean they actually used KiwiFarms. Again, there was literally no point to use KiwiFarms. Explain to me, for what reason would CreepingFear have to use KiwiFarms if the Twitter profile was public long enough to glean whatever information is possible?
KF has a full ban track list that they as a site use for targeting.
Wut 

This doesn't even make sense as an accusation.

How does Clicky know that if they've never visited?

Win

Since we know visiting KF is mod genocide, then clicky should be executed in the digital realm
4 users liked this post: Tucker's Law, benji, Taco Bell Tower, Gameboy Nostalgia
To be fair, if Clicky thinks they still have a full ban track list still then they haven't been on Kiwifarms since the liz fong jones started their shit.
3 users liked this post: LoverOfCycles, Potato, Taco Bell Tower
(03-09-2024, 09:12 PM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote:
GYODX wrote:No international body has made an official determination that Israel is committing genocide against Palestinians, and yet nobody in this forum is getting actioned for throwing that term around. (I personally am of the belief that Israel is committing genocide, but that is beside the point.)

Drawing the line at accusing a terrorist group of employing sexual violence of one variety or the other is bizarre.

Genocide denial?  is this?

Banplz

Soooooooo, what do you think of the legitimacy of the trans genocide that's definitely, totally, actually, literally happening?

Oh you!
2 users liked this post: LoverOfCycles, Taco Bell Tower
(03-10-2024, 12:38 AM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote:
(03-10-2024, 12:36 AM)Nintex wrote:
(03-10-2024, 12:13 AM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote: What would your party name and platform be?  Riot

Gal Gadot at the top of every page and Sydney Sweeney at the bottom and you got a deal.

Queen Sydney is the 4k wallpaper
3 users liked this post: LoverOfCycles, Taco Bell Tower, Gameboy Nostalgia
(03-10-2024, 12:42 AM)Nintex wrote:
(03-10-2024, 12:38 AM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote:
(03-10-2024, 12:36 AM)Nintex wrote: The Nintex Party loves the gameboy and the nostalgia, also we'll put Gal Gadot on a banner at the top of every page.

Queen Sydney is the 4k wallpaper

Thank you for your service!
3 users liked this post: LoverOfCycles, Taco Bell Tower, Nintex
Anyway I think times will be tough for MOBA and ResetEra with Google hitting spam sites, manipulative links and parasite SEO hard. They've started to delist entire websites. It seems like every website not tied to a real business but just a website to make money with a website is ranked lower.

The consent v2 stuff and Google certified consent management platform ad requirements will also hurt their bottom line.
2 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, Alpacx
(03-09-2024, 09:51 PM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote: If it's mainstream to now hate on Nep I think we should love her instead.  Riot

How can you not love her when she provides this much entertainment?

Phil
4 users liked this post: benji, Taco Bell Tower, Propagandhim, Gameboy Nostalgia
(03-09-2024, 11:03 PM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote:
Sibersk Esto wrote:
Ignatz Mouse said wrote:There is an orthodoxy here that skews hard left, and if you are a prolific poster that does not follow that orthodoxy you will be under the gun for a potential ban for the slightest infraction.
Not sure what anything that's happened has to do with leftism.

You seriously going to say there's no purity tests happening right now on Resetera? There's no one being dogpiled and told to "FUCK OFF" for even the most smallest lean away from the far left ideology?

I don’t know. The guy is onto something. Have you ever heard of a far left communist group suppressing dissenting opinions?
(03-09-2024, 09:51 PM)JoeBoy101 wrote: Seriously, I'm going to help Dubs and Plagiarize.

No really.

1) Unban Brady. Based on what i've read, before too long, you'll find a different, FAR less inflammatory reason to ban them that won't get the community in an uproar and even have some defend it.
2) Plagiarize, stop talking. Seriously. You're rapidly becoming a poster mod for the minutia between Sex Slavery and Sexual Violence. And in no way is that a good thing. You have to give a remote crap about your reputation, can you not SEE what this is doing to it on that board? In this episode, you've dismissed claims of Sexual Violence saying its not Sexual Slavery, accused the UN of not having evidence of sexual slavery, and through playing definition lawyer, shot the moderation's foot with a shotgun with the definition of genocide now being a reasonable thing to be actioned. ... STOP. TALKING.
3) Dubs, Apologize. Its a simple as that. Sorry, we fucked up, we're human, there's a lot of tension surrounding the events in the middle east and we went off half cocked. Be a GODDAMN leader, and take some fucking blame. Even if it isn't your blame (and for just this episode, some of it is), its what proper leaders have to do to keep the peace.

You'll have complaints, demands, so forth. And you might be able to let them blow over. But that above is the best route for you all right now to attempt to unfuck this situation with the LEAST amount of effort. In truth, there's WAY more you should do, but I hardly expect you'll want to do that.

4) De-mod Nep and ban her for her blatant antisemitism.
I have it on good authority that Kiwi Farms was permanently destroyed by Keffals 6 months ago. They must be referring to a different Kiwi Farms.

Morans
(03-09-2024, 11:03 PM)nobody of note wrote: Windrunner in constructive:
Windrunner wrote:The mods are a part of the community but you dickheads keep running them off the site through harassment and cretinous attacks on their character such as by making offensive comparisons to cops. Anything remotely contentious a mod posts is then quoted out of context and/or given the least charitable interpretation possible in order to instigate an uprising. I've been on the receiving end of this myself and it was among the most stressful times of my adult life (yes, really). I wish you self-important clowns would try to put each yourselves in someone else's shoes and consider that the mods are human and that these witch hunts have a profound effect on their mental health. The mods are going to screw up sometimes, you can point that without getting personal.

I have no reason to go to bat for the admins, they threw me under the bus and betrayed my trust when the mob came for me and now I get banned for the most comical reasons but seriously fuck off with your stupid fucking self-righteous crusades and laughable calls for "moderator elections" just do you can get yet another long-term staff member to quit. It's a discussion board filled with anime avatars talking about electronic toys and cartoons, it's not that serious. Go outside, losers.

It's not lost on me either that the most vehement campaigns against staff members is always against the female ones. Funny that.

This is definitely going to help the situation.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/french-rapper-investigated-for-call-to-hang-white-people.71646/page-6#post-13234030
Quote:I can't relate with people who wants to kill babies.
NepNep
Quote:You're dodging the question quite deftly by framing this as being about babies.

The lyrics don't target all babies. Just white ones. The lyrics are also sung by a black man.

Now why, in right-wing resurgence 2018, Nazis marching in the streets 2018, online interconnectivity 2018, would a black man make pointed rhetoric towards specifically white people?

It's just a mystery, I guess.
3 users liked this post: Propagandhim, Genocide Joe, Gameboy Nostalgia
I dont have much to add beyond what was contributed these past 10 pages...i just want to say, i thoroughly enjoyed sharing this hilarious moment with you all and reading all your posts.  Please dont get rid of Nepenthe.  I need more of this in my bones.  Please god dont take this away from me after you've allowed me to suckle so sweetly on this brazilian tit of plenty.