Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
I always wonder which mods specifically talk to each other in their special discord? It seems like most of them don’t even post on Ree regularly except Dumbs/Nep/Bubblegum/Slayven/Royalan. Is it really just those retards chatting each other up all day?
3 users liked this post: LoverOfCycles, Taco Bell Tower, Gameboy Nostalgia
(03-09-2024, 09:15 PM)benji wrote:
(03-09-2024, 09:06 PM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote: Is Benji feeling okay? Staff being attacked left and right has to be making him feel threatened and dehumanized.  Gloomy

This is a safe space.
THANK YOU FOR CARING ABOUT THE ACTUAL VICTIM 🙏
We don’t all share the same enthusiasm for your leadership bud. In fact, the search to find your public Twitter account has led me to….KIWIFARMS

Whatcha think about that? Feel safe now?
If it's mainstream to now hate on Nep I think we should love her instead.  Riot
4 users liked this post: Potato, Taco Bell Tower, clockwork5, JoeBoy101
(03-09-2024, 09:47 PM)Averon wrote: Would B-Dumbs had perma banned Creeping Fear if he said he visited The Bore instead? Do B-Dumbs think we're KF-tier?

Even worse.  He probably thinks we're like the dark web-version of KF.
Seriously, I'm going to help Dubs and Plagiarize.

No really.

1) Unban Brady. Based on what i've read, before too long, you'll find a different, FAR less inflammatory reason to ban them that won't get the community in an uproar and even have some defend it.
2) Plagiarize, stop talking. Seriously. You're rapidly becoming a poster mod for the minutia between Sex Slavery and Sexual Violence. And in no way is that a good thing. You have to give a remote crap about your reputation, can you not SEE what this is doing to it on that board? In this episode, you've dismissed claims of Sexual Violence saying its not Sexual Slavery, accused the UN of not having evidence of sexual slavery, and through playing definition lawyer, shot the moderation's foot with a shotgun with the definition of genocide now being a reasonable thing to be actioned. ... STOP. TALKING.
3) Dubs, Apologize. Its a simple as that. Sorry, we fucked up, we're human, there's a lot of tension surrounding the events in the middle east and we went off half cocked. Be a GODDAMN leader, and take some fucking blame. Even if it isn't your blame (and for just this episode, some of it is), its what proper leaders have to do to keep the peace.

You'll have complaints, demands, so forth. And you might be able to let them blow over. But that above is the best route for you all right now to attempt to unfuck this situation with the LEAST amount of effort. In truth, there's WAY more you should do, but I hardly expect you'll want to do that.
Skimming the past ten or so pages… so, they’re a failed artist? How about that.
(03-09-2024, 09:52 PM)Polident wrote: Skimming the past ten or so pages… so, they’re a failed artist? How about that.

Dead
I wonder if Tyler is watching this all unfold as well.  Probably having a hearty chuckle about getting rid of political talk at GAF.
Spehornoob wrote:Cerium sits in his mansion on a lavish red cushioned chair. He's on his laptop, reviewing his stock portfolios.

For a brief moment, he shivers, suddenly cold. He looks up from the screen, and around the room.

There are no windows open, no doors. The fireplace is alit and radiating heat.

But it doesn't matter. The sensation is gone. Warmth sets in again.

It was probably just a crack in a wall or window somewhere. Perhaps he'll have someone come give the place a look in a few days.

The moment already leaving his mind, not even fit to be a memory, he returns to the task at hand.

Malarkey!
(03-09-2024, 09:51 PM)JoeBoy101 wrote: 2) Plagiarize, stop talking. Seriously. You're rapidly becoming a poster mod for the minutia between Sex Slavery and Sexual Violence. And in no way is that a good thing. You have to give a remote crap about your reputation, can you not SEE what this is doing to it on that board? In this episode, you've dismissed claims of Sexual Violence saying its not Sexual Slavery, accused the UN of not having evidence of sexual slavery, and through playing definition lawyer, shot the moderation's foot with a shotgun with the definition of genocide not being a reasonable thing to be actioned. ... STOP. TALKING.
No, no, first he needs to publicly reflect upon what's happening based on what he said earlier:
plagarize wrote:I believe this community is what it is at least in part because of moderation, not inspite of it.
(03-09-2024, 09:52 PM)Polident wrote: Skimming the past ten or so pages… so, they’re a failed artist? How about that.

A failed artist with the unshakable belief they're on the Right Side of History.

Divest from capitalism, colonialism, and white supremacy!
Ludicrous Alt wrote:Why do you think that matters?

Before knowing about the report: There's no evidence of Hamas systematizing rape of prisoners so to suggest that Hamas is engaging in sex slavery is over the line.
After knowing about the report: There's still no evidence of Hamas systematizing rape of prisoners so to suggest that Hamas is engaging in sex slavery is still over the line.

A UN report saying that some of the captives have been raped doesn't change that.

In case anyone from PoliERA wants to respond to this obvious mod alt:

UN Report wrote:"Based on the information it gathered, the mission team found clear and convincing information that sexual violence, including rape, sexualized torture, cruel, inhuman and degrading treatment has been committed against hostages and has reasonable grounds to believe that such violence may be ongoing against those still held in captivity. In line with a survivor/victim-centered approach, findings are conveyed in generic terms and details are not revealed."

Quote:reasonable grounds to believe that such violence may be ongoing against those still held in captivity

Quote:reasonable grounds to believe that such violence may be ongoing against those still held in captivity

Games as a Service
(03-09-2024, 09:50 PM)Greatness Gone wrote: I always wonder which mods specifically talk to each other in their special discord? It seems like most of them don’t even post on Ree regularly except Dumbs/Nep/Bubblegum/Slayven/Royalan. Is it really just those retards chatting each other up all day?
Multiple of them have said they have multi-hour meetings constantly. And they're always referring to things they've talked about on it with each other.

Actually, now that I think about it, I remember that one Royalan thread where he and B-Chuds talk about how they talked for many hours about the need for role models for good boyhood. Then proceeded to continue talking in the thread as if everyone else was privy to their stupid Discord conversation.
Actually, it’s about ethics in prisoner rape terminology.
What did Tom Brady say to Nepenyahoo?

Free Poli-stine!
(03-09-2024, 09:59 PM)benji wrote:
(03-09-2024, 09:50 PM)Greatness Gone wrote: I always wonder which mods specifically talk to each other in their special discord? It seems like most of them don’t even post on Ree regularly except Dumbs/Nep/Bubblegum/Slayven/Royalan. Is it really just those retards chatting each other up all day?
Multiple of them have said they have multi-hour meetings constantly.

May have one of those coming up soon. lol
Maybe if we start filling our politic threads with polls we can get the PoliEra user retention.  Money
2 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, Greatness Gone
Ok whose alt is this:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2024-ot-1-doom-eternal.800787/page-153?post=120268050#post-120268050

https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot3-make-her-look-more-corpulent-more-stuffed-where-the-eyes-cant-escape.275780/page-335?post=120268272#post-120268272

[Image: yEOSEwD.png]
(03-09-2024, 10:00 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote:
(03-09-2024, 09:59 PM)benji wrote:
Multiple of them have said they have multi-hour meetings constantly.

May have one of those coming up soon. lol

Time for a Sex Slave SUMMIT!

Wait....

Alright, let's work on messaging first.
(03-09-2024, 09:57 PM)Alpacx wrote:

A failed artist with the unshakable belief they're on the Right Side of History.

Divest from capitalism, colonialism, and white supremacy!
And wants the land and all resources for the benefit of the Ideal Race. Even if you have to expel large populations. Trumps
(03-09-2024, 09:56 PM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote:
Spehornoob wrote:Cerium sits in his mansion on a lavish red cushioned chair. He's on his laptop, reviewing his stock portfolios.

For a brief moment, he shivers, suddenly cold. He looks up from the screen, and around the room.

There are no windows open, no doors. The fireplace is alit and radiating heat.

But it doesn't matter. The sensation is gone. Warmth sets in again.

It was probably just a crack in a wall or window somewhere. Perhaps he'll have someone come give the place a look in a few days.

The moment already leaving his mind, not even fit to be a memory, he returns to the task at hand.

Malarkey!

Just wanted to say, this was fucking amazing. Well done sir!

Pacspit
Quote:
Quote:I feel bad for Plagiarism having to come in here and debase themselves for other admins and mods.
Let's not remove their agency. They don't have to do this; they're doing it because they really think they (and the rest of the mod/admin team) have a good point here and made the right call. We're just too thick to understand and appreciate it.
Gladbron

Quote:This whole thing reminds me of the Dean on Community not wanting to use the term "race riot" and going with "race kerfuffle" instead.

I guess we'll call these people "frequent victims of non-consensual intercourse"
Dead
Though I feel like "victims" stigmatizes their Islamic hosts and contributes to Zionist propaganda. hmm
https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2024-ot-1-doom-eternal.800787/page-153?post=120268632#post-120268632

LudicrousSpeed wrote:
hypercard wrote:So, unless it's systematic, no one can be a sex slave?
Of course they can. The problem is in the generalization to the larger group. If a prison guard keeps a sex slave, then they're being kept by that prison guard and it would be an unacceptable generalization to say, well that prison guard is part of the US Penal System and so we can generalize out from "this prison guard is engaging in sex slavery" to "the entire prison system is engaging in sex slavery".

Maybe I need to tie this to something that folks in the thread have demonstrated where they're aware of the distinction between the two, so lets say it's the difference between charging that a nation of mostly Jewish people is engaged in genocide versus charging that Jewish people are engaged in genocide.
Kobeyuck

https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2024-ot-1-doom-eternal.800787/page-153?post=120268764#post-120268764
LudicrousSpeed wrote:
hypercard wrote:What if it happens hundreds of thousands of times across the US penal system? Is that a systematic issue?
Yep, you bet it is. The UN report you're talking about didn't find anything widespread like that.

I'm not saying that rapes didn't happen, or that those rapes aren't a problem, I'm saying that there's no evidence that the behavior was widespread enough to be a systematic or formalized problem in the way that the original generalization suggests.
Are you Hamas pr?
Can you really call jews victims?

Spoiler: s (click to show)
To any PoliERa refugees reading: This is satire on Resetera moderation and not meant to be taken seriously as my personal views.
3 users liked this post: LoverOfCycles, Taco Bell Tower, Genocide Joe
And I think saying it's "non-consensual" prioritizes Western ways of knowledge rather than exploring the truth from the standpoint of the Palestinians.
(03-09-2024, 09:00 PM)Besticus Maximus wrote: Maybe they’re protecting nepenthe in case she blabs about them all being paid by moba and cerium while the rest of the forum got fuck all?  But that's none of my business...

I would suck 72 virgin dicks to be a fly on the wall of their mod discord.

No one here would have access to it though... right...? Thinking

Spoiler:  (click to show)
literally shaking
3 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, Propagandhim, Gameboy Nostalgia
(03-09-2024, 10:05 PM)benji wrote:
Quote:I guess we'll call these people "frequent victims of non-consensual intercourse"
(03-09-2024, 10:07 PM)benji wrote: Though I feel like "victims" stigmatizes their Islamic hosts and contributes to Zionist propaganda. hmm
(03-09-2024, 10:09 PM)benji wrote: And I think saying it's "non-consensual" prioritizes Western ways of knowledge rather than exploring the truth from the standpoint of the Palestinians.
Remember like a week or two ago when I pointed out how the whole "call out problematics" thing they do is easy and you can do it for everything and you don't even have to be smart to do it?

Spoiler:  (click to show)
Egomaniac
https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2024-ot-1-doom-eternal.800787/page-153?post=120268995#post-120268995

Captain Tuttle wrote:This ongoing defense of fucking hamas of all goddamned organizations is insane. They openly call for the total destruction of Israel, its in their charter ffs
 Hesright
(03-09-2024, 10:09 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2024-ot-1-doom-eternal.800787/page-153?post=120268632#post-120268632

LudicrousSpeed wrote:
hypercard wrote:So, unless it's systematic, no one can be a sex slave?
Of course they can. The problem is in the generalization to the larger group. If a prison guard keeps a sex slave, then they're being kept by that prison guard and it would be an unacceptable generalization to say, well that prison guard is part of the US Penal System and so we can generalize out from "this prison guard is engaging in sex slavery" to "the entire prison system is engaging in sex slavery".

Maybe I need to tie this to something that folks in the thread have demonstrated where they're aware of the distinction between the two, so lets say it's the difference between charging that a nation of mostly Jewish people is engaged in genocide versus charging that Jewish people are engaged in genocide.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2024-ot-1-doom-eternal.800787/page-153?post=120268764#post-120268764
LudicrousSpeed wrote:
hypercard wrote:What if it happens hundreds of thousands of times across the US penal system? Is that a systematic issue?
Yep, you bet it is. The UN report you're talking about didn't find anything widespread like that.

I'm not saying that rapes didn't happen, or that those rapes aren't a problem, I'm saying that there's no evidence that the behavior was widespread enough to be a systematic or formalized problem in the way that the original generalization suggests.
Where does it say it's a systemic or formalized problem?
BradyTheGOAT wrote:Hamas, the governing body of Gaza, which began this entire war by launching a surprise invasion of their neighbor that killed at least 1200 people and took hostages should reconsider their refusal to release said hostages which, according to the UN, are being used as sex slaves and actually agree to one of the ceasefire deals brokered by Egypt and Qatar to allow breathing space for all sides to work towards a more lasting peace agreement. But as of now they adamantly refuse.