Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
This is awesome. I'm expecting the MOBA Pinkertons to capoeira kick in the door and bushwhack some notables to really stoke the "get fucked" bon-fire.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot3-make-her-look-more-corpulent-more-stuffed-where-the-eyes-cant-escape.275780/page-335?post=120267222#post-120267222
OP
Quote:I hate her stupid side-ponytail. It feels like it's meant to make her look like a little girl.

omfg
Just a note to all the guests from PoliEra.

If you think this kind of shit moderation isn't systemic to Resetera and that other communities and individuals have not suffered this garbage since the inception of the site then you are a fucking idiot. 

This is what everyone else has been copping for years. You cunts just got away with it because you were protected. We have no sympathy for you. Get fucked. Hope you all get banned and have a mental breakdown.

Snob
Quote:I have no reason to go to bat for the admins, they threw me under the bus and betrayed my trust when the mob came for me and now I get banned for the most comical reasons but seriously fuck off with your stupid fucking self-righteous crusades and laughable calls for "moderator elections" just do you can get yet another long-term staff member to quit.

People are pissing in my mouth, holding my nose and forcing me to swallow it and making me recite thing like, "Im a human toilet thats hungry for piss.  Mmm mmm.  It's Not Delivery, It's DiPisso. Pissway, Eat Fresh! I'm Lovin it (piss in my mouth, that is) Diet Dr Pepper Tastes More Like Regular Piss in My Mouth From Moderators." and fuck off to anyone saying it should stop.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2024-ot-1-doom-eternal.800787/page-155?post=120272427#post-120272427
ClickyCal wrote:
Touchdown wrote:ah, my people.
[Image: aretha-franklin-sit.gif]
Your people?
literally shaking
Spoiler: Touchdown's future (click to show)
User Banned (duration pending): thread derailment, digital blackface
(03-10-2024, 01:03 AM)Potato wrote:
(03-09-2024, 09:51 PM)JoeBoy101 wrote: Seriously, I'm going to help Dubs and Plagiarize.

No really.

1) Unban Brady. Based on what i've read, before too long, you'll find a different, FAR less inflammatory reason to ban them that won't get the community in an uproar and even have some defend it.
2) Plagiarize, stop talking. Seriously. You're rapidly becoming a poster mod for the minutia between Sex Slavery and Sexual Violence. And in no way is that a good thing. You have to give a remote crap about your reputation, can you not SEE what this is doing to it on that board? In this episode, you've dismissed claims of Sexual Violence saying its not Sexual Slavery, accused the UN of not having evidence of sexual slavery, and through playing definition lawyer, shot the moderation's foot with a shotgun with the definition of genocide now being a reasonable thing to be actioned. ... STOP. TALKING.
3) Dubs, Apologize. Its a simple as that. Sorry, we fucked up, we're human, there's a lot of tension surrounding the events in the middle east and we went off half cocked. Be a GODDAMN leader, and take some fucking blame. Even if it isn't your blame (and for just this episode, some of it is), its what proper leaders have to do to keep the peace.

You'll have complaints, demands, so forth. And you might be able to let them blow over. But that above is the best route for you all right now to attempt to unfuck this situation with the LEAST amount of effort. In truth, there's WAY more you should do, but I hardly expect you'll want to do that.

4) De-mod Nep and ban her for her blatant antisemitism.

LEAST amount of effort. Prying power out of NepNep hands I'm sure will be tougher than splitting the atom, and require more explosives.
At least we got Genocide Joe out of all of this.

(03-09-2024, 07:10 AM)Elbert wrote: I posted Neps twitter because they are anti-semetic

Now at 34 likes.
Excuse me? Demodding Nepnep would be a turn in the right direction for that site. Do you REALLY want that?  Professor Scott Steiner
4 users liked this post: Potato, benji, Propagandhim, Taco Bell Tower
(03-10-2024, 01:29 AM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote: Excuse me? Demodding Nepnep would be a turn in the right direction for that site. Do you REALLY want that?  Professor Scott Steiner

The only thing we truly want:
Spoiler:  (click to show)
[Image: final-fantasy-chaos.gif]
(03-09-2024, 09:18 PM)benji wrote: It takes three staff members to sign off on any decision and here we have three staff members who absolutely refuse to do a minor apology and say they used the wrong words or whatever instead choosing to blame completely irrelevant people.

Sure, the rest of the staff are complicit since their silence is violence, but lets focus on the three who refuse to back down in any way and are continuing to escalate the situation.

Thank you for your service!

Forum moderation absolutely attracts vulnerable narcissists. Inability to admit to error, attempts to solicit sympathy for their idiocy, shutting down discussion by insisting they're right and banning anyone who threatens their ego. Truly pathetic people run era.
The_Bear wrote:Ultimately, no matter how people frame it, what happened was that Atlus prioritised the male protagonist over the female one. They could had the game with only the female protagonist if they wanted, but they did not.

Rolleyes

It would be pretty damn stupid to not prioritize the male protagonist over the FeMC given that he is pretty much represents the Persona 3 series alongside Aegis. 

The goal posts moved from “is pretty easy to give us FeMC. Ubisoft can!” to “Okay, is not actually cheap and requires effort given the how many parts of the story are rewritten in the PSP version… but they should do it over the male.” Six
(03-09-2024, 11:43 AM)DocWager wrote: Wow, I just saw a clip where last night WWE wrestler, Roman Reigns, called another fellow wrestler a cross dresser, and the WWE “Containment Thread” didn’t have a thousand pages complaining about it. In fact nobody brought it.

nooooo
Those rewritten parts were not just small parts of dialogue, ala Digimon Cyber Sleuth or Fate/Extra/GrandOrder, but entire social links and main story parts.
2 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, Gameboy Nostalgia
Looks like the uprising is over, folx. Brady will be back in 2 weeks. It was a fun ride.   doggy
1 user liked this post: Taco Bell Tower
https://www.resetera.com/threads/worst-alternate-costume-skin-outfit-you-can-get-in-a-game.825567/?post=120271374#post-120271374
[Image: odmv1byk6bnc1.jpeg]
Quote:Beat by one post
Klepek
2 users liked this post: Hap Shaughnessy, Gameboy Nostalgia
(03-10-2024, 02:24 AM)Taco Bell Tower wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/worst-alternate-costume-skin-outfit-you-can-get-in-a-game.825567/?post=120271374#post-120271374
Klepek
Quote:This shit is legit gross and stupid. Like, no one in real would wear this, not even as a joke.

But... It's a game

Also have you seen the met gala?
(03-10-2024, 02:24 AM)Taco Bell Tower wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/worst-alternate-costume-skin-outfit-you-can-get-in-a-game.825567/?post=120271374#post-120271374
Klepek

stopmrdomino wrote:nier automata for people who think helldivers 2 is apolitical

Can you repeat that hilarious joke about Trump getting sexually harassed by a remote vibrator?
(03-09-2024, 11:33 PM)nobody of note wrote: The Windrunner discussion ended up going a much funnier route than expected:
Antrax wrote:Eh, I know a lot of posters get into it over consoles or whatever (maybe this applies to you, I don't know, I'm speaking broadly), but this particular situation is not about "toys and cartoons." We have mostly silence from mods about this at all, but apparently some consensus was reached that "sex slavery" is not a fair description of what victims of Hamas are experiencing (per official reports). One mod tried to clarify that a bit, but it's been radio silence otherwise. Through this, other instances of what I'll say seems to be questionable standards of discussion came up. Actual victims of sexual assault are having this pedantry debated in front of them, right on the forum.

Supposedly there were going to be changes on political discussion but it seems that maybe that's been shelved for the moment.
Windrunner wrote:I agree with you, I am horrified about the pontificating over the semantics of sex slavery, especially the subsequent justifications.

I am however against witch hunts against specific mods, especially when it involves combing over their social media and going to KF of all places.
GoldenEye 007 wrote:It was a public twitter post. And even now, the only confirmation is that it is an admin, but nobody knows who it is for sure. It's not ideal to take things from other sites. We have to remember mods also took something from an outside site to help justify the ban (which by the way wasn't even the poster that posted any twitter links).

But also, the commentary was dangerous demanding that Jews either leave Israel or give up control. And when that person is an admin that likely shapes policy while there has been a noticeable lack of…. urgency when it comes anti-semitism on site, it's kind of cause for concern. And people will naturally call that out. Remember that statement was made the day of the terrorist attack and before any war or alleged genocide of Palestine.
Windrunner wrote:I have been shown more of these posts by someone, I apologise, if un-doctored then I was badly wrong in my assessment. I won't get involved further.

Gonna need someone new to try to defend the mods

I find it hilarious that they're all dancing around identifying the admin when everyone knows it's nepnep. It's like the Voldemort thing where everyone is scared of invoking the name lest they summon the bad person.
A name so taboo that should you invoke it shall lead to banishment from the lands..
3 users liked this post: Potato, Taco Bell Tower, Genocide Joe
(03-10-2024, 01:17 AM)Switters wrote: This is awesome. I'm expecting the MOBA Pinkertons to capoeira kick in the door and bushwhack some notables to really stoke the "get fucked" bon-fire.

Monday, when the Swedish overlords check their email from the weekend. Putin
https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2024-ot-1-doom-eternal.800787/page-155?post=120277278#post-120277278

Bor Gullet wrote:There's zero room for nuance in left circles when it comes to discussing Israel. As a Liberal who gets shit from my republican family as to how Liberal I am, since October 7th I feel utterly betrayed by the left.

To preface, Israel is 100% guilty of war crimes, and violating the rights of the Palestinian's. For every Hamas member they might kill, more innocents die.

Like Gaza, Israel also gets routinely bombed by Hamas, and if it wasn't for the Iron Dome, the Israeli causality rate would be very high. For fucks sake, Israel gets so many rocket attacks it's become routine for them, they literally have bomb shelters in their playgrounds for kids.

If you bring this up, you get accused by people on the left of "both sidings" the conflict.

Leftie's love having an Americanized view of the conflict calling Israel "white colonizers" and referring to Palestian's as brown, when literally half of Israel are Sefardi/Mizhari Jews. You can literally put a bunch of Israeli's and Palestinian's in the same room without any ethnic clothing, and you couldn't tell them apart (I speak from experience) Both Israeli's and Arabs come in different skin tones, some are white-looking, while some are darker skinned.

If you bring up the fact that Zionism means different things to different people, you get labeled a Zionist like it's some dirty slur. I'm sick of non-Jews telling me that Zionism isn't Judaism, when it in fact is intertwined with the faith. The return to Zion is literally the core belief in Judaism. Most Jews are Zionists to varying degrees, because the term means something specific to each of them.

Even those ultra-orthodox Rabbis who say their anti-zionist (the ones the media love pulling out on TV) believe in the concept of Zionism in their own way, they just believe the modern state of Israel shouldn't exist until the arrival of the Messiah, and anything before that is a sin.

If you bring up the absurd amount of casual and not so casual antimism in liberal circles since October 7th, you get hit with "deh Jews Zionists are just trying to distract with what's happening in Gaza, or it's not that serious."

Criticise the Israeli government all you want. More power to you. Screw Bibi and his right-wing party. That doesn't give people the right to shit on Jews, attack buildings associated with Jews, label everything they don't like as Zionist, and cheer on the destruction of Israel.

Captain Tuttle wrote:This site is hostile to Jews, I told my daughter not to join because of it.
Sometimes I don't understand why I'm still on this website.

Tell your daughter to join r/Jewish.

LudicrousSpeed wrote:A lot of people citing that quote out of context and then trying to use it to jump down Nepenthe's throat here.

But I'm not surprised given how many people here are pearl-clutching and deriding as anti-Semitic opposition to an apartheid ethnostate built on the foundation of a still-ongoing eight-decade-long ethnic cleansing campaign and pushed in no small part by anti-Semites who sought its creation in order to more easily expel Jews from Europe.
Don't forgot all the Arab Countries surrounding Israel, which expelled many of its Jews who had nowhere to go but Israel. That's pretty important too. Jewish people in those countries had their own version similar to the Palestinian Nakba, no matter what revisionist history people try to spew.

Nepenthe response isn't surprising at all. Like many people on the left, I'm sure inwardly they were cheering on October 7th as "resistance."

Rockets wrote:And how is Nep wrong? This is turning into a witch-hunt. They are committing a genocide.
I don't expect you to understand, considering you're the same person who walked into this Alec Baldwin thread calling him "Zionist Scum" (how do you define a Zionist, btw), which had absolutely fuck all to do with anything in the thread. The funniest thing is that the only thing Baldwin has said about the conflict is how he wishes for peace in the region.

My local synagogue was also vandalized with the words "Zionist Scum," and Zionist Pigs, but I'm sure you'll tell me how that wasn't antisemitism.

Edits:
I should also point out that he tagged Nepenthe in the post when he mentioned her.

(02-12-2024, 08:35 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-hate-how-the-term-zionist-has-become-an-acceptable-slur-especially-on-social-media.816108/
(03-10-2024, 02:29 AM)HaughtyFrank wrote:
Klepek
Quote:This shit is legit gross and stupid. Like, no one in real would wear this, not even as a joke.

But... It's a game

Also have you seen the met gala?

The other day I was reading taiwanese adjustable dumbbell patents (a normal and sane thing to do btw) and ended up watching video walkthroughs of a South Korean fitness expo called spoex. That’s all to say, seems a lot of women do dress like that for athletic activities. Consequence being the guy filming it wouldn’t focus on the equipment.
Bdubs uses "ignore". It's super effective!
(03-10-2024, 12:12 AM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote:
(03-09-2024, 11:33 PM)Averon wrote: Community thread:
zethren wrote:I suggest we strongly consider the concept of forum-wide elections for our moderators and administrators.

I'm dead serious.

Complete with term limits and impeachment processes in place for when a mod or admin abuses power.

If this is a community that cares about healthy discussion and growth then it needs to be moderated by a team that agrees and will actually follow through. It needs to be a community moderated and fostered from within, by a moderation team that no longer feels disconnected from it. That no longer feels like an exclusive club of powerful people that never changes, which is how apathy and corruption festers.

Forums are dying as it is, and if this site wants to survive then changes need to be made to benefit and foster care for what we have left here. Many of us care a lot about this forum as an outlet for discussion, debate, and community, and I think there are people here who can and would do a good job keeping it healthy.

What would Nep's campaign slogan be dunno

Benji must be sweating.
(03-10-2024, 12:20 AM)kaleidoscopium wrote: Make your case Benji, if we don’t like it we elect Nintex 

ufup
Sorry, the people here have chosen an autocracy to protect them from colonialism.
A staff election would only allow the Zionist machine to use their blood money to influence the voters, we cannot allow the community to be dominated by colonialist forces. Please understand.
(03-09-2024, 11:33 PM)nobody of note wrote:
Windrunner wrote:I have been shown more of these posts by someone, I apologise, if un-doctored then I was badly wrong in my assessment. I won't get involved further.
I can see why they're no longer a staff member, not only did they admit fault and apologize they even admitted to being ignorant of the situation when they came in guns blazing. You can't put the staff at risk like that. wag
(03-10-2024, 01:29 AM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote: Excuse me? Demodding Nepnep would be a turn in the right direction for that site. Do you REALLY want that?  Professor Scott Steiner

There comes a time to cash in your chips. Every series has a finale. Nep was an excellent character for five seasons, but it's time for the storyline to pay off.
(03-10-2024, 01:21 AM)Propagandhim wrote:
Quote:I have no reason to go to bat for the admins, they threw me under the bus and betrayed my trust when the mob came for me and now I get banned for the most comical reasons but seriously fuck off with your stupid fucking self-righteous crusades and laughable calls for "moderator elections" just do you can get yet another long-term staff member to quit.

People are pissing in my mouth, holding my nose and forcing me to swallow it and making me recite thing like, "Im a human toilet thats hungry for piss.  Mmm mmm.  It's Not Delivery, It's DiPisso. Pissway, Eat Fresh! I'm Lovin it (piss in my mouth, that is) Diet Dr Pepper Tastes More Like Regular Piss in My Mouth From Moderators." and fuck off to anyone saying it should stop.

Whew

That's my fetish
(03-10-2024, 01:27 AM)JoeBoy101 wrote:
(03-10-2024, 01:03 AM)Potato wrote:
(03-09-2024, 09:51 PM)JoeBoy101 wrote: Seriously, I'm going to help Dubs and Plagiarize.

No really.

1) Unban Brady. Based on what i've read, before too long, you'll find a different, FAR less inflammatory reason to ban them that won't get the community in an uproar and even have some defend it.
2) Plagiarize, stop talking. Seriously. You're rapidly becoming a poster mod for the minutia between Sex Slavery and Sexual Violence. And in no way is that a good thing. You have to give a remote crap about your reputation, can you not SEE what this is doing to it on that board? In this episode, you've dismissed claims of Sexual Violence saying its not Sexual Slavery, accused the UN of not having evidence of sexual slavery, and through playing definition lawyer, shot the moderation's foot with a shotgun with the definition of genocide now being a reasonable thing to be actioned. ... STOP. TALKING.
3) Dubs, Apologize. Its a simple as that. Sorry, we fucked up, we're human, there's a lot of tension surrounding the events in the middle east and we went off half cocked. Be a GODDAMN leader, and take some fucking blame. Even if it isn't your blame (and for just this episode, some of it is), its what proper leaders have to do to keep the peace.

You'll have complaints, demands, so forth. And you might be able to let them blow over. But that above is the best route for you all right now to attempt to unfuck this situation with the LEAST amount of effort. In truth, there's WAY more you should do, but I hardly expect you'll want to do that.

4) De-mod Nep and ban her for her blatant antisemitism.

LEAST amount of effort. Prying power out of NepNep hands I'm sure will be tougher than splitting the atom, and require more explosives.

Point taken
(03-10-2024, 01:28 AM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote: At least we got Genocide Joe out of all of this.

(03-09-2024, 07:10 AM)Elbert wrote: I posted Neps twitter because they are anti-semetic

Now at 34 likes.

No moblin like though...