Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/post-120291243 wrote:

lol  lol  lol

This fucking thread all GOT 'EM because she now has an entry in her permanent record

lol lol lol
melodyshreds wrote:She's not gonna shut up about this one for years!

clickycarl wrote:Gonna be a lot of late nights and bigger bottles of wine!
https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/page-100?post=120294648#post-120294648

these feel like self reports
It’s going to be really funny in October and November when they get upset that every ad on Resetera is pro trump and wonder why Joe Biden isn’t advertising on a forum that calls him Genocide Joe.
(03-10-2024, 05:43 PM)Genocide Joe wrote:
(03-10-2024, 05:08 PM)kaleidoscopium wrote: A few more mod sympathizers showed up and got bitchslapped by the usual crew yet again. This whole nepenthe/plagiarize saga continues into its third day lol

I'm surprised the mod team is still sitting on their ass. Don't they usually have a "we hear you" pander thread around now? Or do they really think people will just forget about this if they ignore it?

That mod discord....
[Image: let-me-in-eric-andre.gif]

The mod discord is the holy grail. I have no doubt that the forum would collapse if it got leaked
(03-10-2024, 06:01 PM)Eric Cartman wrote:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/post-120291243 wrote:

lol  lol  lol

This fucking thread all GOT 'EM because she now has an entry in her permanent record

lol  lol  lol

CONVICTED known terf slut cunt, Joanne K Rowling
3 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower, benji
Drag those bitches. Mouf

Feminists can't hold all the L's ResetERA.com is dishing out to them. God women are so dumb. (But I'm so gay for them. Embarrassed)
4 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, BIONIC, Taco Bell Tower, Boredfrom
(03-10-2024, 06:04 PM)kaleidoscopium wrote:
melodyshreds wrote:She's not gonna shut up about this one for years!

clickycarl wrote:Gonna be a lot of late nights and bigger bottles of wine!
https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/page-100?post=120294648#post-120294648
haha victims of police targeting for abuse whine so much, get wrecked losers
3 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower, Boredfrom
Fun thread in the making

https://www.resetera.com/threads/coffee-and-cars-meetup-in-houston-tx-permanently-bans-all-modern-muscle-cars.825699/?post=120296082#post-120296082

This is the first reply. 
Quote:Things that technically aren't racist but certainly feel racist

Rofl
(03-10-2024, 05:48 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/media-you-used-to-enjoy-re-watching-but-no-longer-do-because-someone-involved-has-been-exposed-as-a-piece-of-shit.825369/page-2?post=120245370#post-120245370

Quote: Cop User banned (1 month): antisemitic drive-by
bombermouse wrote:
jbug617 wrote:Seinfeld
Not a huge fan of Seinfeld after the whole Kramer thing years ago, but knowing that Jerry is a pedophile and a zionist also doesn't help.

Resetera members: You're antisemitic
Resetera mods: What are you talking about? We're not, we have a long strong history of cracking down on antisemitism, with such examples as bombermouse. Have you tried the report button?
Imagine if Joanne had to spend some nights in prison with the victims of her hatred. That would be so based. I hope the prison guards like plagarize ensure that it's not technically sex slavery in a systemic way.

I could skip a ninth and maybe even tenth showing of some stupid movie to watch Joanne finally experience like what it's like being a woman like that. Phil
was going to quote this post from messofanego he made 18min ago, but looks like he is also banned. Any ideas why?

messofanego wrote:These white supremacists have to create a narrative to justify their targeted harassment, but it's best not to debate them on the logic. They know it doesn't make sense but they want to convert as many people to their cause, so they mainstream their fascism with such narratives. You have bigots like Asmongold who are willing to be PR for groups like these. Just pick up under the surface what they actually mean and why they're acting this way. Don't treat them with kid gloves. Don't platform them or debate them. The founder Kabrutus has already said he won't give further interviews to journalists so he knows most in the industry aren't on his side and would challenge him, but he's too scared to handle it. They'll do typical terrorist actions but it won't work as long as people fight against them and not be complacent.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/gamergate-2-0-chuds-furious-about-a-consulting-company-named-%E2%80%9Csweet-baby-inc%E2%80%9D-which-overviews-scripts-to-make-sure-nothing-offensive-was-written.823731/page-12?post=120296178#post-120296178
https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2024-ot-1-doom-eternal.800787/page-158?post=120296385#post-120296385

Human Resources wrote:yet another mostly-lurker who excessively reads US PoliEra:

this thread is extremely valuable to the forum in that everyone's contribution, whether its hard data, studious analysis, or just diverse people's feelings and viewpoints, all aggregate into something that lurkers like me can take in and feel more informed politically on a broad level. i don't agree with every post. hell, i don't agree with many posts a lot of the time, and i certainly don't take everything i read as gospel, but i'm able to engage with the news and political conversation IRL with much more confidence because i've read and considered so many different people's experiences, and especially because of the incredibly valuable scrutiny that outside sources of information get when they're posted in PoliEra.

one of the most frustrating parts about this situation on the board is that 99% of us all want the same things -- like when we close our eyes we all envision a just and equitable society, but i feel like the broader effects of social media on online discussion has made it difficult for us to realize this. we've established a standard of discussion that isn't sustainable, at least not for discussions of any substance. our discourse has become a hyperbole arms race where the hottest take is lauded and trying to discuss and actually work through a complex topic is dismissed as mealy-mouthed centrism or worse, a bad-faith attempt at social engineering towards a desired consensus.

being vulnerable online is dangerous. there are multi-billion dollar enterprises and warehouses full of servers bent specifically towards the purpose of finding and exploiting that vulnerability. and by vulnerable i don't mean just being personal, innocent, naive, ignorant, however we used to think about it -- being vulnerable online these days is often just being willing to describe your thoughts about a subject knowing that your knowledge isn't complete and irrefutable. being vulnerable online is putting your idea out into the world without drawing a line in the sand. i think that moderation should serve to cultivate that vulnerability, or rather, to facilitate an environment in which it can thrive

that's why human moderation is so important. it acts as the immune system of the platform. i don't know if the metaphor is apt, but this feels like an auto-immune disorder. moderation is performing its function, but the broader context of the forum as a complex organism with many parts all working in harmony is being lost. to stop the fire, we're venting sections of the ship into space without looking at what we're tossing out of the airlock.

what makes message boards uniquely valuable in our online world is that, in theory, we can trust that the platform can facilitate a better understanding through the shared experience and ways of thinking amongst the users. and this knowledge is stored and persistent, so as time passes the users can take advantage of this larger and larger context and come to a better understanding of the world, much like the scientific community has done for centuries. this is obviously impossible for open social media platforms -- social media moderates like a dungeon master tweaking enemy stats to make an encounter less one-sided and more exciting -- but it was and is possible here, we've seen it in actual practice.

the fact that we've fallen back to this thread to have this conversation says more about the board than it does about the thread. i'm sorry that this post feels so broad and scatter-shot, but this feels like one of the rare moments on the board where metacommentary is justified and frankly necessary. thank you, i'll go back to shitposting about dragon's dogma 2 now
omfg
Sickos (furry edition)

Spoiler:  (click to show)

Spoiler:  (click to show)

Zack Snyder's Sickos (Batman edition)
3 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower, Propagandhim
(03-10-2024, 06:17 PM)Genocide Joe wrote:
(03-10-2024, 05:48 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/media-you-used-to-enjoy-re-watching-but-no-longer-do-because-someone-involved-has-been-exposed-as-a-piece-of-shit.825369/page-2?post=120245370#post-120245370

Quote: Cop User banned (1 month): antisemitic drive-by
bombermouse wrote:Not a huge fan of Seinfeld after the whole Kramer thing years ago, but knowing that Jerry is a pedophile and a zionist also doesn't help.

Resetera members: You're antisemitic
Resetera mods: What are you talking about? We're not, we have a long strong history of cracking down on antisemitism, with such examples as bombermouse. Have you tried the report button?

What I like about this is that they now decided that Zionist is an antisemitic slur but didn't inform anyone about it. Will obviously only lead to more hate against the mods from people who think it's unfair to get banned for something that was considered okay just yesterday
(03-10-2024, 06:35 PM)kaleidoscopium wrote:
messofanego wrote:These white supremacists have to create a narrative to justify their targeted harassment, but it's best not to debate them on the logic. 
Just pick up under the surface what they actually mean and why they're acting this way. Don't treat them with kid gloves. Don't platform them or debate them.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/gamergate-2-0-chuds-furious-about-a-consulting-company-named-%E2%80%9Csweet-baby-inc%E2%80%9D-which-overviews-scripts-to-make-sure-nothing-offensive-was-written.823731/page-12?post=120296178#post-120296178
Yeah, just dismiss their concerns and make up what you imagine is their motivations and attack them for those things you made up!
(03-10-2024, 06:35 PM)kaleidoscopium wrote: was going to quote this post from messofanego he made 18min ago, but looks like he is also banned. Any ideas why?

messofanego wrote:These white supremacists have to create a narrative to justify their targeted harassment, but it's best not to debate them on the logic. They know it doesn't make sense but they want to convert as many people to their cause, so they mainstream their fascism with such narratives. You have bigots like Asmongold who are willing to be PR for groups like these. Just pick up under the surface what they actually mean and why they're acting this way. Don't treat them with kid gloves. Don't platform them or debate them. The founder Kabrutus has already said he won't give further interviews to journalists so he knows most in the industry aren't on his side and would challenge him, but he's too scared to handle it. They'll do typical terrorist actions but it won't work as long as people fight against them and not be complacent.

Terrorist Actions like making a boycott group?
A month for racism, a perm for saying you don't think Stellar Blade is that bad  hmm
(03-10-2024, 09:13 AM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot3-make-her-look-more-corpulent-more-stuffed-where-the-eyes-cant-escape.275780/page-335?post=120265941#post-120265941
Twohearts wrote:I am really looking forwards to it too for a variety of reasons. I've been looking for a good brain off game lately as a way to relax with all my medical stuff going on and Bridie, my "headkid" or child alter (whom some of you would have seen post in this thread and she's very sorry about it) is always looking for quality kids games to play, espeically girly ones, because tehre just aren't a lot of new ones any more, and she finds teh Nancy Drew ones a bit scary. My favourite costume is probably the Cowboy because it reminds me of Applejack from MLP, but hers is probably the mermaid because she's really into Peter Pan right now and she loves the mermaids in that, but she also likes the baker due to Peach's hair in that outfit.

I missed this thanks to all the PoliEra fun yesterday. 

lmao I love this troll.
Wait a second, they mentioned Bridie got banned, the headkid got banned?   What
(03-10-2024, 06:40 PM)benji wrote:
(03-10-2024, 06:35 PM)kaleidoscopium wrote:
messofanego wrote:These white supremacists have to create a narrative to justify their targeted harassment, but it's best not to debate them on the logic. 
Just pick up under the surface what they actually mean and why they're acting this way. Don't treat them with kid gloves. Don't platform them or debate them.

Yeah, just dismiss their concerns and make up what you imagine is their motivations and attack them for those things you made up!
Especially calling a Brazilian a "white supremacist" seems insane
3 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower, HaughtyFrank
God nothing gives me gender euphoria like the police harassing a minority for speaking against her oppressor. Mouf
(03-10-2024, 01:03 PM)HaughtyFrank wrote:
Quote:
Quote:Good. It was a clear mistep in an otherwise strong SOTU.

Truly, good leadership always reflects on mistakes and admits errors.
Quote:I think it's really impressive that a leader and authority figure can come out and admit they were wrong and not continue to double down.
lol

Quote:Truly, good leadership always reflects on mistakes and admits errors.
Ugh, just realized Joanne probably doesn't think sex work is great for women either. Her obsessive extreme misogyny never stops. Rage
Is non crime hate incident what we’re calling Nep’s posts?
HaughtyFrank dateline='[url=tel:1710093939' wrote: 1710093939[/url]']
Genocide Joe dateline='[url=tel:1710092608' wrote: 1710092608[/url]']
kaleidoscopium dateline='[url=tel:1710090531' wrote: 1710090531[/url]']
A few more mod sympathizers showed up and got bitchslapped by the usual crew yet again. This whole nepenthe/plagiarize saga continues into its third day lol

I'm surprised the mod team is still sitting on their ass. Don't they usually have a "we hear you" pander thread around now? Or do they really think people will just forget about this if they ignore it?

That mod discord....
[Image: let-me-in-eric-andre.gif]

The mod discord is the holy grail. I have no doubt that the forum would collapse if it got leaked

We need entry bad. That would be the absolute perfect silver bullet to bring the monster to its knees, unless we can also find just one sexual misdeed with someone at the very top.
3 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, Gameboy Nostalgia, HaughtyFrank
(03-10-2024, 06:46 PM)benji wrote: benji's non-crime typical terrorist sarcasm
2 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, Gameboy Nostalgia
Fair fucks to the PoliEra crew who are keeping up the pressure, no jokes, it's the most courage I've seen on that website since it started. They can't ban all of you, take the racists down  Just win baby

Cops are back, baby!!
https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2024-ot-1-doom-eternal.800787/page-148?post=120255474#post-120255474

Quote: Cop User banned (2 weeks): inflammatory accusations
Mezentine wrote:I'm sorry, I'm really not going to be carrying water for Israel on the day that new reporting indicates Israel literally waterboarded UNRWA members to get them to falsely claim that they were linked to Hamas. I don't know how old some of y'all are but I do actually remember the last time a major military power went down this route and the incredible and dehumanizing racism that led to the violent deaths of hundreds of thousands of Arabs and I'm really really not interested in denying the extremely obvious reality of what is actually going on over there right now. Like what are we actually fucking doing right now?
JK Rowling is officially a hateful terf bitch  Kinison Divest from capitalism, colonialism, and white supremacy! Aloy

Let her rot in jail and hand over the Harry Potter IP to Warner Bros. to make it INCLUSIVE and diverse. The TRANS POTTER you've all been waiting for Success
2 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, Gameboy Nostalgia
You're being sarcastic, but there was a post on Resetera that argued JK Rowling's Harry Potter IP should be wrested from her ownership and made public because of her hatred.   lol