Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
Comment from the PoliERA Discord:
Dr. Feel Good wrote:Do we see the gaslighting happening here? For quite a long period of time they let the narrative run that this Discord was responsible for doxxing (whether it was directly implied or indirectly I guess is up for debate) but they have now moved the goal posts after finding the brady FBI comment (from nearly a month ago!) to validate their anger despite nothing about doxxing / address posting originating from here. The Twitter post originated on ERA itself and was removed from them. If anything that would have led to someone going deeper, not here. So after blurring the arugment on their end, they are holding the brady comment as a means to justify the implosion of poliera, which makes no sense. All the while still not commenting on the issue at hand with both nep and plagiarize. They muddy the waters to force a narrative and walk away with less transparancy and finding alternative ways to force blame. This is like textbook domestic abuser type of shit

Hesright
I like the new characters for this season but I’d also really like to know how the older characters would react to these developments.

Era writers help me out!
🎵 Enforcing the order, keeping chaos at bay!  RIMSHOT!
(03-11-2024, 03:19 AM)Averon wrote: Comment from the PoliERA Discord:
Quote:Do we see the gaslighting happening here? For quite a long period of time they let the narrative run that this Discord was responsible for doxxing (whether it was directly implied or indirectly I guess is up for debate) but they have now moved the goal posts after finding the brady FBI comment (from nearly a month ago!) to validate their anger despite nothing about doxxing / address posting originating from here. The Twitter post originated on ERA itself and was removed from them. If anything that would have led to someone going deeper, not here. So after blurring the arugment on their end, they are holding the brady comment as a means to justify the implosion of poliera, which makes no sense. All the while still not commenting on the issue at hand with both nep and plagiarize. They muddy the waters to force a narrative and walk away with less transparancy and finding alternative ways to force blame. This is like textbook domestic abuser type of shit

Hesright

User Banned (Permanent): Inciting Conspiracy, Inflammatory Commentary Against Great Leader
Post their FUCKING Discord name, COWARD.  Professor Scott Steiner
Maybe PoliEra can trade Brady for B-Dub's narc. Rollsafe
5 pages in a hour? Tf did I miss.
(03-11-2024, 03:27 AM)Superstar wrote: 5 pages in a hour? Tf did I miss.

Ramadan Kareem!

[Image: ramadan-blessings-of-ramadan.gif]
B-Dumbs:

Imagine the guy who hasn't checked since Friday afternoon. lol
(03-11-2024, 03:30 AM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote:
Imagine the guy who hasn't checked since Friday afternoon. lol

When you realize Taco Bell Tower hasn't been on for a while. Imagine their face at seeing all the posts they need to like.

Edit: Their last like was on page 1049.. Oh my god.
(03-11-2024, 03:16 AM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote:
(03-11-2024, 03:14 AM)Polident wrote: Live feed of era hq

Look guys, we installed a tournaments plugin!!!!!
Triggered
4 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, CHOW CHOW, BIONIC, Gameboy Nostalgia
(03-11-2024, 03:08 AM)nobody of note wrote:
B-Dubs wrote:They're the ones who screwed up and need to make amends, it's not on me to swoop in and fix it for them.
B-Dubs wrote:Really? Them not harassing my staff anymore is meaningless? Them not harassing other members anymore is meaningless? This is you stance?
he then edited to add this line:
B-Dubs, post: 120316689, member: 143 wrote:And people wonder why the thread is still locked. Change shit so this doesn't happen again and then we'll talk.
Maybe specifically tell people what you want? I don't know. Just an idea.
(03-11-2024, 03:17 AM)Uncle wrote:
(03-11-2024, 03:02 AM)Potato wrote:
(03-11-2024, 01:54 AM)Uncle wrote: I'm TOTPing this bitch because it slaps

(you can make your own too, it just takes a hotmail account)

https://app.suno.ai/song/9bc7eeaf-a4c2-47aa-8bb1-959759f7d09c

https://app.suno.ai/song/a52b6157-20ad-4447-b36b-9b3176fd53fd

https://app.suno.ai/song/4d683e56-c738-46d5-a512-e18509743b19

amazing Rejoice 

Nepenthe, the enigma, with an iron hand Dead

The lyrics it generated from the simple prompt were fucking  klobbbbbbb

Spoiler: Wrath of Nepenthe (click to show)
In the darkest corners of the web, a figure lurks unseen
With a power to control, to ban, to intervene
Nepenthe, the moderator, fierce as iron and steel
Enforcing rules with an iron fist, revealing no appeal

[Chorus]
Nepenthe, the guardian of order and might
With a wrath that strikes, like a thunderous night
Nepenthe, ruling with justice untamed
In this digital kingdom, no one shall be named

Spoiler: Enigma of the Moderator (click to show)
In the depths of the internet, where shadows reign
A figure lurks in silence, power on the domain
Nepenthe, the enigma, with an iron hand
The master of moderation, ruling this land

(Oh-yeah!)

[Chorus]
Nepenthe, the ruler of the online realm
With a mighty banhammer, he overwhelms
Enforcing the order, keeping chaos at bay
Nepenthe, the moderator, will have his say

(Oh-yeah!)
---

Spoiler: Guardians of the Realm (click to show)
In a realm of chaos, where shadows prevail
A moderator emerges, wielding justice like a hail (hail)
Nepenthe, the ruler of this digital domain
Enforcing order, a warrior with no disdain

[Chorus]
Guardian of the Realm, his power none can tame (tame)
Nepenthe, the sentinel, as fierce as a burning flame (flame)
With iron fists, he strikes down the trolls and the hate (hate)
Protecting the community, his duty he will never abate (uh!)

Spoiler: Guardian of the Forum (click to show)
In the darkness, he emerges with a fury
A sentinel of justice, cleansin' all the fury
With a heart of steel, he smites the trolls with might
Nepenthe, the moderator, shining in the night

(Whoa-oh-oh-oh)
With his banhammer swingin', justice he shall bring
(Whoa-oh-oh-oh)
No troll shall survive, 'cause Nepenthe is the king

[Chorus]
Nepenthe, guardian of the forum, defender of the thread
Nepenthe, we raise our fists in glory, hail to our hero, dread!
With the power of the mighty riff, he'll silence all the hate
Nepenthe, the moderator, we salute your fate! (ooh-yeah)
Constructive lives, with Snormy suggesting people drop it for a few days. That'll work.

Kyra wrote:If the person or people are not a part of that Discord. If the members have been banned already from the site. And if the rules in place are effective in protecting members and mods. Then the reason it's meaningless isn't because what happened shouldn't be condemned. They already were condemned. The two things have nothing to do with each other. This whole proof of detoxification is arbitrary. You took care of it where you were supposed to by doing what you did. What doe sit have to do with the remaining community members and the OT anymore?
chainlinkspiral wrote:This all feels like an involuntary hostage situation most people don't want to be a part of, so, constructive community discussion may involve some bystander casualties and acceptable losses, I guess is the message from on high. Has management gotten their scalps or are they still asking for more? Seems like further proffers are needed to satisfy. Maybe go to arbitration? What's the score for constructive community discussion? PoliERA died so that sub-forums could live? What even is this.
TheRuralJuror wrote:I mean people probably wonder why era mods are trying to dictate what others do on their private discords and using that as a basis for what happens here. It feels kind of iffy and a bit of an overreach, imo. You'll never see me engaging or supporting any kind of doxxing of anyone here and I say what I've got to say on Era so I don't support that shit either but maybe make a new thread and don't allow advertisement of that discord if it's leading to this type of stuff and ban folks engaging in it. No reason there shouldn't be a US politics OT though. Hopefully it gets worked out one way or the other.
Snormy wrote:Maybe give it a break, checkin after a couple of days. Let tempers cool and maybe reflect on the situation when it does.
Sheepinator wrote:RIP US PoliEra OT 2017-2024, nearly 1M posts
ArrogantBastard wrote:
B-Dubs wrote:Change shit so this doesn't happen again and then we'll talk.
Respectfully, this sentiment has been expressed a few times. What administration isn't clarifying is what that action would mean, I think everyone would benefit from explicit clarity.
Dahbomb wrote:I will just add on to say that there are many people not originally part of the PoliEra discord that were part of the OT. Whether they were active posters or lurkers, it was a safe space to discuss political developments that may not be mainstream enough to make it to General discussion. Even now, some people mostly only went to the Discord because the OT was banned and would prefer to have discussions in a forum setting.

Doxxing or harassing users is unacceptable. However, I feel that closing off a community indefinitely over the actions of a few is harmful for overall discourse. That is because there are numerous right leaning forums out there that people can go to but very few left leaning ones.

These discords generally pop up due to some dissatisfaction with Era. I am saddened to say that I have already been part of 5 such communities where there was an active OT here but now has moved on to Discord exclusively (for one reason or another). I still believe in the vision of Era as a safe platform for online discourse (especially for marginalized groups), and I would humbly that the US PoliEra OT be reinstated with a firm warming.
Community Thread:

chainlinkspiral wrote:This all feels like an involuntary hostage situation most people don't want to be a part of, so, constructive community discussion may involve some bystander casualties and acceptable losses, I guess is the message from on high. Has management gotten their scalps or are they still asking for more? Seems like further proffers are needed to satisfy. Maybe go to arbitration? What's the score for constructive community discussion? PoliERA died so that sub-forums could live? What even is this.

B-Dumbs wrote:Really? Them not harassing my staff anymore is meaningless? Them not harassing other members anymore is meaningless? This is you stance?

And people wonder why the thread is still locked. Change shit so this doesn't happen again and then we'll talk.
TheRuralJuror wrote:I mean people probably wonder why era mods are trying to dictate what others do on their private discords and using that as a basis for what happens here. It feels kind of iffy and a bit of an overreach, imo. You'll never see me engaging or supporting any kind of doxxing of anyone here and I say what I've got to say on Era so I don't support that shit either but maybe make a new thread and don't allow advertisement of that discord if it's leading to this type of stuff and ban folks engaging in it. No reason there shouldn't be a US politics OT though. Hopefully it gets worked out one way or the other.
(03-11-2024, 03:19 AM)Averon wrote: Comment from the PoliERA Discord:
Quote:Do we see the gaslighting happening here? For quite a long period of time they let the narrative run that this Discord was responsible for doxxing (whether it was directly implied or indirectly I guess is up for debate) but they have now moved the goal posts after finding the brady FBI comment (from nearly a month ago!) to validate their anger despite nothing about doxxing / address posting originating from here. The Twitter post originated on ERA itself and was removed from them. If anything that would have led to someone going deeper, not here. So after blurring the arugment on their end, they are holding the brady comment as a means to justify the implosion of poliera, which makes no sense. All the while still not commenting on the issue at hand with both nep and plagiarize. They muddy the waters to force a narrative and walk away with less transparancy and finding alternative ways to force blame. This is like textbook domestic abuser type of shit

Hesright
I name this person an honorary member of The Bire. The forum so cool and dangerous that the staff of ResetERA.com refuse to even mention it!

Mr. Worldwide
Quote:I still believe in the vision of Era as a safe platform for online discourse (especially for marginalized groups), and I would humbly that the US PoliEra OT be reinstated with a firm warming.

Rolleyes

Era is the one that need to apologize.
(03-11-2024, 03:36 AM)nobody of note wrote: Constructive lives, with Snormy suggesting people drop it for a few days. That'll work.
Snormy wrote:Maybe give it a break, checkin after a couple of days. Let tempers cool and maybe reflect on the situation when it does.
How will that get the settlers out of Palestinian land and back where they belong?
(03-11-2024, 03:02 AM)Potato wrote:
(03-11-2024, 01:54 AM)Uncle wrote:
(03-11-2024, 01:46 AM)Uncle wrote: I wrote a song about nepenthe Thank you for your service! 

https://app.suno.ai/song/f64e1e10-b424-42f3-b377-2f943cbcb216/

I don't think that's how you pronounce nepenthe Dead

I'm TOTPing this bitch because it slaps

(you can make your own too, it just takes a hotmail account)

https://app.suno.ai/song/9bc7eeaf-a4c2-47aa-8bb1-959759f7d09c

https://app.suno.ai/song/a52b6157-20ad-4447-b36b-9b3176fd53fd

https://app.suno.ai/song/4d683e56-c738-46d5-a512-e18509743b19

Not gonna lie, this is legit amazing. I mean, if I were Nepenthe, not only would I hate Jews less, but I'd be flattered by those verses.
(03-11-2024, 03:08 AM)Averon wrote: At the end of the day, B-Dumbs hates that the PoliERA Discord is a popular haven for current ERA members to point out and share how shitty they are at their very simple moderation jobs. B-Dumbs is using this entire self-inflicted shitshow to get it shutdown.

Right. It's not enough to remove the "offenders" from Era's kingdom of soothing enablers. Their ego needs to see them silenced wherever they're at, and needs anyone assumed guilty by association to swear fealty and help enforce the excommunication even in their own "spaces".
B-dubs had to take hostages. PoliEra is the aggressor. Maybe if they didn't attempt to harass moderation by attempting to colonize their website then hostages wouldn't have had to be taken. Ever thought of that? What happened today was not the fault of Palestin Moderation, March 10th is what happens when you kick a dog over and over and it finally got fed up and bit back.
(03-11-2024, 03:11 AM)remy wrote:
(03-11-2024, 03:08 AM)nobody of note wrote:
B-Dubs wrote:They're the ones who screwed up and need to make amends, it's not on me to swoop in and fix it for them.
what is this man doing at this point

is he okay

what even was the original post that kicked this off  lol

Bdumbs here

https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2024-ot-1-doom-eternal.800787/page-140?post=120229563#post-120229563

Came into antagonize the community by blaming them for not reporting posts. He ghosted when he got challenged and then plagiarize came in and word vomited everywhere
Nep is trolling. Everyone is hyped up while she's play overwatch. 4D anticolonization chess by an antisemite carrot.
(03-11-2024, 03:42 AM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote: B-dubs had to take hostages. PoliEra is the aggressor. Maybe if they didn't attempt to harass moderation by attempting to colonize their website then hostages wouldn't have had to be taken. Ever thought of that? What happened today was not the fault of Palestin Moderation, March 10th is what happens when you kick a dog over and over and it finally got fed up and bit back.

Newsfeed this Benji
3 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, CHOW CHOW, Gameboy Nostalgia
Has anyone seen Pwnz? Did BDumbs assassinate him? Do we need to create a wall where loved ones can post a photo of their missing PoliEra relatives?
If they touch one hair on Pwnz head..  Stahp
(03-11-2024, 03:50 AM)Potato wrote: Has anyone seen Pwnz? Did BDumbs assassinate him? Do we need to create a wall where loved ones can post a photo of their missing PoliEra relatives?
Oh, so you're trying to provoke the oppressed and marginalized into reacting and tearing down your genocidal propaganda so you can attack them for it? Social Justice Warrior
wasn't the inciting post this brady one that got them a ban?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2024-ot-1-doom-eternal.800787/page-134?post=120182973#post-120182739

a post that I note no one in thread was upset about. Meanwhile morons like Iori shit up every single thread they're in and nothing happens.

it does make me laugh how the blowups are always after a ban like this where a mod expels someone no one had a problem with then refuses to acknowledge it. it's like some form of anti moderation where you incite your own memberbase instead of settling them down lol
lol lol lol lol lol

JoeBoy's thesis continues to prove correct, because by trying to turn the focus onto Brady's discord comment, Bdubs cannot get into specifics or, heavens forbid, actually show the evidence, because then it would put more focus back on Nepenthe and her awfulness!

*WORST OPTION*