Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
(03-11-2024, 06:54 PM)benji wrote: GAF is the only place I've ever been banned from, and it was for dismissing and mocking stupid groupthink aka "trolling" and it was PoliGAF that was most angry about it. 

Gaf is the only place i've been banned from too. Well Gaf and resetera, a discord, a party, a korean restaraunt and a wedding. It's true what they say

Lots of back-and-forth right now as some users try to justify the mods actions and others are pushing back:
SerAardvark wrote:I largely abstain from posting about this kind of forum drama and have essentially stopped posting in PoliEra since the first major exodus from the thread (we're up to 3 now I think?), but I would suggest that if these sorts of issues continue to crop up perhaps there are larger/more foundational issues at play here, particularly when standards are unclear or inconsistently applied.

Having moderated several large communities I am well aware of the difficulties involved (doubly so when tied to politics) but it's very frustrating and disappointing to see the same mistakes being made over and over.
Volimar wrote:I put the thread on ignore before a lot of this went down so I missed a lot, but from the description of the tweet in question I don't even understand what interest it would be to "the Feds".
echoshifting wrote:So a member of the discord *was* engaging in doxxing and has *not* been permanently banned? Am I understanding that correctly? If there is one thing I believe we can all agree on, it's zero tolerance for doxxing, right?

I feel like I must be missing something in your statement. The second paragraph in this quote is pretty darn vague.
MrNelson wrote:The things (a public Twitter account allegedly belonging to an Era admin) that were being shared originated from an Era user unrelated to the Discord posting them to the PoliEra OT. That info was quickly deleted and the user banned, but it was up long enough for any user browsing that page of the thread in that small window to see.
Skyscourge wrote:What do you mean by taking responsibility? Let's drop the pretenses and talk like adults here. What are you demanding an external site to do? Ban members? Shut down? Do you think you have any power or rights to make demands to people outside this site? Doxxing sucks, it's dangerous and shouldn't happen, but are you going to demand kiwifarms to shut down next? Noone here knows what you're trying to do, beyond holding participation to a particular thread hostage, appealing to a group of people that have made it clear they don't care about this site anymore. At this point, why not just cut off from each other and move on?
EzekelRAGE wrote:No you cant joke about "I may have ended up on a list because I ended up at kiwifarms on my search for nep".
It's cool if you think any of of that is a joke. Not gonna go back and forth with you on that.
BabyDontHurtMe, wrote:I'd like some clarification on this part. If the message was taken out of context, then what is the proper context in that exchange? Why was there a "Nep search" going on at all? Also, what would make a permanent ban necessary?
Antrax wrote:Sure I get that but that's not what I'm talking about. The top of this page has multiple users raising concerns and it is unclear to me what is to be done about those. That's why I said, even if the discord is entirely deleted, what is the action from the site at that point? New thread and then the same issues happen again? Nothing has really been done to indicate otherwise as far as I can tell. That's part of the problem here.
Tamanon wrote:This is all a bit of a silly song and dance. If there's a demand for action, state it, using who you expect to enact it and what they should do. Right now, it's a bunch of blind broadsides.

Otherwise, we just get sniping and side-picking.
EzekelRAGE wrote:If it's the discord ss, it was someone in the forum community and that discord community searching for nep.
Volimar wrote:The person who is in the ss about going to the bad site was not the person who shared the doxxing info. Person one was in the discord. Person two posted the doxxing info in the forum thread. AFAIK person two was never involved in the discord.
i have only been banned from the two most repressive forums on the internet: gaf and thebore
(03-11-2024, 07:44 PM)Snoopy wrote: I’m just relieved Dubs doesn’t think we have anything to do with those awful discord people
The Bire does not have and will not endorse any Discord. Elon
Scoring lower than Roblox on the antisemitism Chart of Hatred is gonna be tough, but im pretty sure the Weekend at Hitlers homeage to Weekend at Bernie's server game has nothing on an admin representing the face of a forum emphatically endorsing the forcible removal of an entire ethnic group from their land.  I give Era a D- for Definitely Extremely Hateful.
(03-11-2024, 07:32 PM)DocWager wrote: Nope not me… Never sent a strongly worded email to MOBA about the activities of the forum administrators.

what email address didn't you send anything to?
PixieKing wrote:
Dubs wrote:So am I. It's there. Why are the people saying and doing this shit still allowed? Why is the rhetoric allowed to reach this point?

ummmm… Why was anti-Obama, anti-Hillary and anti-Biden rhetoric allowed to reach the points they did on Era?

Delicious
Are kiwifarms jokes worse than transgender jokes?

Asking for a friend.
(03-11-2024, 07:44 PM)JoeBoy101 wrote:
(03-11-2024, 07:35 PM)Eric Cartman wrote:
(03-11-2024, 07:29 PM)Lonewulfeus wrote: All he has to do is address nepenthes virulent antisemitism and it’ll all go away but nooooo gotta circle the wagons and protect the mods at all costs.

jfc, its even stupider than that, all they had to do was roll plagiarize out to say "yeah, my bad, I hadnt read that un report, I guess it is sexual slavery" then have him 'resign' for... what, a month? aka pull a Royalan

They couldn’t have gotten away without even him having to resign or step down.

A simple apology. Rolling back one minor ban.

That’s what all was needed here and it would have ended the matter.

This is what these Mensa Mods have failed to comprehend, and even still allow Plagiarize to comment on and further inflame the situation right now.

I hope all the users think about this next time one of these dick Mods show up in a police thread bitching about de-escalation.

All that was needed was an apology. That’s it. PoliEra would’ve accepted it, some happily, others grudgingly, but they would have been content with that.

Amazing.

It makes total sense that plagiarize is a prison guard because that's exactly how he treats the forum. You can't show a single weakness to these animals, they'll eat you alive. Admitting fault would be suicide
(03-11-2024, 07:48 PM)Uncle wrote:
(03-11-2024, 07:32 PM)DocWager wrote: Nope not me… Never sent a strongly worded email to MOBA about the activities of the forum administrators.

what email address didn't you send anything to?

look, don't touch wag
(03-11-2024, 07:47 PM)benji wrote:
(03-11-2024, 07:44 PM)Snoopy wrote: I’m just relieved Dubs doesn’t think we have anything to do with those awful discord people

That’s only because you’re not invited.
(03-11-2024, 07:45 PM)nobody of note wrote:
EzekelRAGE wrote:No you cant joke about "I may have ended up on a list because I ended up at kiwifarms on my search for nep".
It's cool if you think any of of that is a joke. Not gonna go back and forth with you on that.
Imagine being like this.
(03-11-2024, 07:49 PM)JoeBoy101 wrote: That’s only because you’re not invited.
Good, I refuse to join any club that will have me.
I think I joked once that B-Dubs is telling his community to “bend the knee”, but he’s really doing it so much now.
(03-11-2024, 07:49 PM)JoeBoy101 wrote:

That’s only because you’re not invited.

Benji doesn’t know about our 18+ furry RP server Girlslaff

this is genuinely for the best because it ALWAYS leads to events like what's going on at resetera

forum discords are inherently a secret clubhouse for casual mockery/anger at the main content

either run a forum, or run a discord, never endorse both
ClickyCal wrote:This forum is not even 7 years old, yet there has been I want to say no less than 10 different communities exodus due to being upset with moderation. I feel like at some point that needs to have some major retrospective look to how everything has happened.

Siren Siren Siren Siren

This season continues to deliver blockbusters!

Clicky, come on over. I for one would love to argue with you, and all it takes over here is a bit of a thick skin. It’s all love in the end.
(03-11-2024, 07:51 PM)BIONIC wrote: Benji doesn’t know about our 18+ furry RP server Girlslaff
Not being inclusive of littles. wag
(03-11-2024, 07:41 PM)HaughtyFrank wrote: Remember when they crucified Black Chamber because they came across his private twitter account where he made some Trump joke that was out of context? Weird how that wasn't considered doxxing but posting Nep's furry twitter is to the point where the information within those tweets needs to be ignored

💯
I don't understand how you can multiple internet and discord and have a normal adult life

I feel like I've wasted fuckin days of ff7 rebirth time just lolling at this Nepenthe arc
So, I see B-Dubs is outright lying and blowing a gasket still. All this for a middle-aged furry still living with her parents lol
FACT CHECK

[Image: f39hzflk.png]
"At what point do you take responsibility for the kind of community you have fostered?"
[Image: dead.png]

in b4 potato quotes this and shit talks shosta
Quote:I mean nobody is signing up for the Pokemon tournament, so you were never playing to begin with.

Dead Dead Dead Dead Dead
(03-11-2024, 07:49 PM)benji wrote:
(03-11-2024, 07:45 PM)nobody of note wrote:
Imagine being like this.

this voldemort-ass pearl clutching attitude about random shitposting sites is probably the single thing driving traffic to them, it worked on me

neogaf, 2017: "oh my god there's this place called the bore, I'll probably get banned for even mentioning it, all they do is dox and threaten the forum administration here, and say naughty words, and say mean un-christian things about trans people and democrats, if you seriously post at places like that you are a garbage human being not worth engaging with"

me: Thinking
I got banned from NuGaf but it was my own stupid fault. I got a wee time out for taking the piss out of someone so I made another account without thinking about it. It never occurred to me I’d made an alt account. Probably because it was just a matter of registering with Gmail. Anyway permed for the alt. Fair enough I suppose. Can’t really complain about it.
(03-11-2024, 07:49 PM)HaughtyFrank wrote:
(03-11-2024, 07:44 PM)JoeBoy101 wrote:
(03-11-2024, 07:35 PM)Eric Cartman wrote: jfc, its even stupider than that, all they had to do was roll plagiarize out to say "yeah, my bad, I hadnt read that un report, I guess it is sexual slavery" then have him 'resign' for... what, a month? aka pull a Royalan

They couldn’t have gotten away without even him having to resign or step down.

A simple apology. Rolling back one minor ban.

That’s what all was needed here and it would have ended the matter.

This is what these Mensa Mods have failed to comprehend, and even still allow Plagiarize to comment on and further inflame the situation right now.

I hope all the users think about this next time one of these dick Mods show up in a police thread bitching about de-escalation.

All that was needed was an apology. That’s it. PoliEra would’ve accepted it, some happily, others grudgingly, but they would have been content with that.

Amazing.

It makes total sense that plagiarize is a prison guard because that's exactly how he treats the forum. You can't show a single weakness to these animals, they'll eat you alive. Admitting fault would be suicide

also if you get a lil sump'n sump'n in exchange for a lil extra commissary, it ain't slavery, its just perks
(03-11-2024, 03:03 PM)PogiJones wrote:
(03-11-2024, 01:58 PM)kaleidoscopium wrote:
Planet Smasher wrote:"You drive at night too much, so we're raising your insurance rate" is some dystopian-ass horse shit.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/automakers-are-sharing-consumers%E2%80%99-driving-behavior-with-insurance-companies-new-york-times.825930/?post=120327144#post-120327144

Or simple risk balancing...

Quote:50% of all traffic deaths happen at night, despite only 25% of traffic occurring during nighttime hours.  72% of pedestrians killed in motor vehicle crashes were in the dark.

https://gitnux.org/night-driving-statistics/

To be fair, that strikes me as mostly correlation without causation. Yes, I'm sure decreased visibility is responsible for some of that, but I suspect it's mostly because most drunk driving occurs at night.

This might help shed some light on it

Never signed up. I have been tempted to in order to call a few of them cunts in public but wisdom prevailed.