Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
Benji should pay me some of that sweet sweet bore ad dollar money for putting my life in danger bringing you all this riveting information.

I also accept payment in likes.
sugarmonkey wrote:My take away from this thread is that young voters are toddlers who will have temper tantrums if their cartoons get taken away so we should wait until next year because they can't be trusted to do the right thing?

And the only way we should do anything about a foreign adversary potentially using social media to spy on us through a fire hose of personal data is to tackle it all at once (whatabout FaceTime! Twitter!). Let alone using this data to tip scales in their favor in an upcoming election.

Just say you can't live without social media.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/united-states-house-of-representatives-passes-bill-to-require-tiktok-divestment.826758/page-5?post=120420498#post-120420498

Hesright
BIONIC dateline='[url=tel:1710347972' wrote: 1710347972[/url]']
Benji summarize plz

[QUOTE="Finale Fireworker, post: 120417690, member: 1944"]
I am no longer comfortable on the internet and have my guard up at all times.

Of all the worms to come crawling back I wasn’t expecting FF. Nobody read this you mentally ill sex offender. The only reason you’re even posting about poli now is because they can’t tell you to fuck off.
(03-13-2024, 04:40 PM)BIONIC wrote: B-Chuds the Merciful:

ned_ballad, post: 120414531, member: 1925 wrote:Yea, that's still really unfair. He resigned from the server's management and left it before all of the Discord staff were banned and yet still caught the heat from it despite not participating in the drama, not defending anything and then resigning

He literally could not even do what the admins of Era wanted the server to do because he was not active staff at the time or even in the server anymore, and yet he was still banned

NinjaScooter, post: 120417480, member: 2919 wrote:is there a reason the minimum word count can't be a thing applied forum wide?

B-Dubs, post: 120417747, member: 143 wrote:Honestly, if he wants to send in a ticket we can undo the ban.

We're always willing to listen to people willing to talk. The usual problem with tickets is that when we get one it's just a double or even triple down on what got someone banned in the first place. When we get a good ticket we're all pretty quick to listen. It's a bit like spotting a unicorn, you get all excited and are willing to do whatever to keep it around.

Would take a couple clicks if I'm completely honest, not hard at all. It's just something we're testing out right now. If it goes well then we'll make the subforum permanent and adjust the escalation accordingly.

If this whole subforum thing does go well, it opens a few doors to us in terms of dealing with other parts of the forum. So we've all got our fingers crossed and are hoping nobody abuses it.

Rolleyes

If the banned PoliERA Discord people have any shred of self-respect, they'd stay gone. B-Dumbs and crew have thoroughly proven through this latest incident that they are hypocritical, power-tripping pieces of shit. B-Dumbs and crew can't be trusted to police their own. Instead, they will circle the wagons, ignore issues they can't defend or make them look bad, and just ban and gaslight the community until the plebs submit. They will also take your entire sub-community hostage for shit done outside the forum that most members had no part in. Why be in a community led by such toxic assholes like that?
planetsmasher wrote:Yeah. I may just be speaking from my own personal cynical perspective, but it's hard for me to view ByteDance as any more inherently evil than Meta or Elon's Twitter.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-politics-ot-1-smoked-filled-mar-a-lago-rooms.826662/page-2?post=120418818#post-120418818

They’re actually this retarded, it’s incredible.
Holy fuck I am like 80 pages behind and this shit is way too entertaining, I don’t want to look at the last page not to be spoiled
(03-13-2024, 05:32 PM)Anti-Monitor wrote: Holy fuck I am like 80 pages behind and this shit is way too entertaining, I don’t want to look at the last page not to be spoiled

Joanne kills Kyuuji.
Regarding who should be the OP of the Poli Era OT. There's only one person on whose opinions we can trust to be fair and untainted by mischievous intent. One person with sufficient grasp of the scope and scale of geopolitics and how they pertain to American domestic political dramas.

And that person is Princess Bubblegum 

Rogan
Like jangling keys in front of a toddler. Completely threw them off the scent lol

Morrigan, post: 120420831, member: 27 wrote:Agreed completely. I can't believe it's even being entertained for the forum at large.

B-Dubs, post: 120420969, member: 143 wrote:Word count minimums are absolutely not being entertained for the forum at large.

Alavard, post: 120421227, member: 2582 wrote:Thank you for the clarification.

On that note, I hope you consider not having them on US political threads that specifically deal with incoming results, like on election day itself (at least once the results are coming in), when most of the posts are driven by updates rather than longer-form discussion.

Morrigan, post: 120421293, member: 27 wrote:Good to hear! FWIW I didn't mean staff, just people in general floating this idea which I think is objectively terrible.

B-Dubs, post: 120421734, member: 143 wrote:This sort of thing can easily be adjusted with the click of a button. We used it last time around to slow the thread down when people were spiraling and it went ok once we turned it on. We'll probably do the exact same thing this time around. Maybe turn the slow down on a bit sooner to get people to think before they post.

No, I'm with you there. It's why we haven't really touched that feature until now.

What we are studying is the subforum bans in the election threads. If it goes well it's something we could easily roll out to handle minor infractions in other situations. Kinda save otherwise good posters from their worst habits, you know?
SSF1991, post: 120423408, member: 45208 wrote:Hello!

I just want to thank the staff for unbanning me. I really appreciate it. <3

It has already been mentioned here, but prior to being banned, I did indeed resign as an admin there and left the server entirely. Going forward, I will also be doing a similar manner with PoliERA here on Era. I was already emotionally and mentally drained from all this shit going on before recent events even happened, so I had plans to pass the OT torch to someone else anyway and post in it less (honestly I never really wanted to be the OT creator in the first place, it's just that I was under the impression that I had to because if I didn't do it, no one else would), but this was the final straw for me. For the sake of my mental health, I'm moving on from PoliERA entirely.

This has all been a mess, and I really look forward to putting this behind me. I hope everyone's doing okay, and I wish everyone all the best. =)

Blink twice if B-Chubs is holding a gun to you off camera
So zero self-respect it is, then.
It's pretty rich how b-dubs banned the guy even though he didn't do anything at all and then still asked him to send a ticket where he "can make his case" to get unbanned. Definition of a power trip
Quote: the bigger thing I'm hoping to see work is how the subforum bans thing goes.
shocking lol the thirst for blood never ends
all the people with some common sense and a backbone have left..the remaining peeps have nowhere else to go.
Well they all had their balls clipped so it checks out Trumps
(03-13-2024, 06:27 PM)nachobro wrote:
Quote: the bigger thing I'm hoping to see work is how the subforum bans thing goes.
shocking lol the thirst for blood never ends

Now mods can permanently ban the same poster multiple times! It’ll also make forum less dead cause half the posters won’t appear banned in every single thread. 

It’s amazing what technology from the 20th century can do!
When posted, the politics ot did have links to all but the last poliera threads along with Netflix subscription links.
3 users liked this post: LoverOfCycles, Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower
(03-13-2024, 12:08 PM)Uncle wrote: did you know 1% of all people are trans? Kiss
did you know 1% of all people are furry? Kiss
did you know 1% of all people have headmates? Kiss
did you know 1% of all people have a diaper fetish? Kiss

think of all the thousands of people you've met in your life, and how many of them said "hi, I'm bob" and then later said "hi, angelica is fronting today"

none of them? huh you must be a weird outlier to not have met any people with DID! that's so strange!

Spoiler:  (click to show)
They're all the same person in the 100 person sample
https://www.resetera.com/threads/we-know-bg3-is-really-good-but-lets-talk-about-what-you-disliked-about-it.826761/page-2
Persephone, post: 120419043, member: 3531 wrote:The writers' treatment of Wyll usually at the expense of fan favourite white boy Astarion. Only Black party member and you treat him like this huh
This motherfucker is actually insane. Wyll arguably has the most positive ending out of all the characters in the game and gets his own little extended side-quest/combat gauntlet EXACTLY like Astarion in Act 3.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/congress-gearing-up-again-for-tiktok-ban.824916/page-8?post=120338427#post-120338427

Quote: Cop User Banned (2 Months): Sinophobic Commentary; History of the Same
Jroc wrote:I'm in favour of regulating American tech companies AND restricting Chinese tech entities. The US would be downright stupid to allow their main enemy to control the country's biggest up-and-coming media app. It's not like China follows the philosophical ideals of the free market anyway. Just ask Nortel.

"The US just wants to make sure they stay on top" - Captain Obvious

I certainly don't want a world where the current version of China is "on top" and has the most influence over my country. Why would I? Give me flawed democracy USA over totalitarian China any day of the week. Frankly I don't care if it's mean or unfair to the CCP.

Not going to shed a single tear over TikTok getting banned or China being unable to import pallets of Nvidia GPUs.
(03-13-2024, 02:21 PM)JoeBoy101 wrote: Love all the mods showing up in the thread now, trying to sell it. Plus they give the OP to Krazen?

OH WOW, SO COOL TO FINALLY HAVE A THREAD LIKE THIS, SUCH A GREAT COMMUNITY WE HAVE COMPLETELY ORGANICALLY CREATED, HEY, ANYONE FEEL LIKE A NEW TAG? LET'S HAVE SOME FUN IN HERE!
Get cucked by China or be labeled a sinophobic

[Image: GIelf_NXMAAeOG2?format=jpg]
Not even Slayven can follow all the rules correctly. 

https://www.resetera.com/threads/don-lemon-has-his-twitter-deal-canceled-because-elon-musk-hated-the-interview.826800/?post=120420519#post-120420519
(03-13-2024, 05:32 PM)Anti-Monitor wrote: Holy fuck I am like 80 pages behind and this shit is way too entertaining, I don’t want to look at the last page not to be spoiled

October 7th Was Just Another Day of My Life - OUT NOW

https://app.suno.ai/song/f2678a6d-da09-4099-a6e3-09b0d742521f/

[Image: anime-anime-girl-gif-Favim.com-6442112.gif]

hold me
in your arms
with your blue eyes

spring of eternal life
lift semen
bring joy to Hamas

it was nothing special

sexual slavery
it's not rape
October 7th is just another day

October 7th Was Just Another Day of My Life - OUT NOW

Previous release: Poisoning Your Heart

[Image: 200w.gif?cid=6c09b95243ra9a55mr9056umx6s...w.gif&ct=g]

https://app.suno.ai/song/88f4e6a0-a0ea-4101-bbb3-b4275f64fb2f
(03-13-2024, 07:09 PM)TylenolJones wrote: Not even Slayven can follow all the rules correctly. 

https://www.resetera.com/threads/don-lemon-has-his-twitter-deal-canceled-because-elon-musk-hated-the-interview.826800/?post=120420519#post-120420519

gosh the jokes write themselves
Holy fuck that was 72 hours of scrolling. I need skin grafts for my thumb. 

So the short version is nepenthe is* an unrepentant antisemite?

Still

In the worst decisions category, Reeee have the entirely new issue of "minimum words in a post" to fight about now.

They are literally making new problems for themselves.

Girlslaff
As much as it pains me to say it, there are actually worse governments than the USA. China is one of them.
(03-13-2024, 02:21 PM)JoeBoy101 wrote:
(03-13-2024, 02:15 PM)TylenolJones wrote: Politics thread going well. 

Quote:User threadbanned: drive-by posting

This OP was certainly a choice. No links to any resources or the years of previous threads. Shame.

Ignore the polls and keep the focus on November.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-politics-ot-1-smoked-filled-mar-a-lago-rooms.826662/?post=120410979#post-120410979

Love all the mods showing up in the thread now, trying to sell it. Plus they give the OP to Krazen?

YOU CRAZY MAN YOU CRAZY

[Image: lubzIE0.png]

lol lol lol lol lol
Looks like the antisemitism paragraph added to the wiki on Reee is gone. I wonder if failed animator/ dog fetishist Lauren Anderson or homely trans bandwagoneer/ PNW cop Ryan Acheson scrubbed it...