Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
(04-12-2024, 05:55 AM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/first-image-of-sebastian-stan-as-donald-trump-from-the-apprentice.841425/

literally shaking

Is there any forum more terrified of media merely existing?
https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/post-121569315
Quote:but yeah these headlines expose her pettiness. Forgive them for what, Joanne... 🙄
Quote:The Ratcliffe/Watson comment just shows how up in her own narcissism she is about this now.
Kyuuji wrote:Literally lol. Sorry they spoke out in support trans rights and actually went and spoke to trans people to hear their view?
They seriously cannot read.

Quote:
Kyuuji wrote:This is going to sound blunt because I'm tired, but I don't need the gender critical movement explained to me like I'm 12. I was pushing back on the excuses you were giving in response to someone frustrated that Labour are backing the report.
I am sorry that my post was patronising. I am absolutely aware that you are much better informed than I am about trans healthcare, the gender critical movement and the overall situation than I am. This is my only Watched Thread on Era, and while I'm not an especially prolific poster in here the thread has helped me both as a resource and a way of keeping up to date with the progression of the gender critical movement. That is all thanks to you. I need to be more sensitive to the fact that, while I am passionate about trans rights, I am not in the line of fire in the way many of you are. Apologies to you also andymoogle, it was my hope to add to the discourse here, not dismiss your points.
omfg

plagiarize wrote:Double blinds ARE the gold standard.

But also basically impossible here. We often say 'perfect is the enemy of good' and this is another example of that.

It's absolute bullshit to throw out every other kind of study as though anything other than the best is without any value. More so when you cannot possibly do double blinds.

Like, we can't do double blinds on anything investigating specific diets, say. So we do the next best thing and if that data all lines up and points in the same direction, we go, okay, that looks like a good finding!

Never mind WPATH and everything they've done. Nope! One single Dr says it's bad, so it's bad!
Literally not what the report said, it was actually a critique of WPATH's terrible circular reasoning absent of evidence. lol 

Quote:I think the wildest part about the Cass Report for me is the claim that puberty blockers are making kids trans, and that it's a problem that kids who go on them continue to grow into trans men & women.

After fucking forever with TERFs claiming kids will regret it, now the problem is that they aren't doing that??? The report blatantly views the act of transitioning as something to be avoided, that kids need to be cured from their transness.
It's amazing how bad they are at understanding any of the logic. Even of their own position, which is that this is a medical problem.

Kyuuji wrote:
Quote:In an important report this week Cass warned that puberty blockers have not been proven to reduce gender dysphoria or improve body satisfaction, may damage a teenager's ability to think and reason and also that the rationale for suppressing puberty at all "remains unclear".
Damn. You mean if someone is dysphoric about their body before puberty blockers, and they go on them so their body stays the same instead of becoming immeasurably worse, it doesn't cure their gender dysphoria and improve body satisfaction? Groundbreaking, truly.

'Rationale for suppressing puberty remains unclear' like, what.
See what I said, they outright reject the facts about puberty. To them it's something that the assumption should be on avoiding with the burden be for why someone should experience an important and natural process.

Quote:Rename your bigotry as 'x-critical' and you'll find a safe space in the Labour Party, it seems.

I somehow doubt they'd be accepting of 'race-critical' or 'homo-critical' groups, but who knows what's next. TERFs managed the rebrand.
"Gender critical" well predates the TERF label. They're ignorant of everything.

Race-critical should be an actual thing just like gender-critical, RACES AREN'T REAL.

Quote:Largely because they think the views of political journalists reflect the population at large, when the reality is that political journalists live in their own insulated bubble.
Yikes GAMERGATE ALT-RIGHT ALERT

Quote:What baffles me is that they put one person behind this? so this Cass person choses whatever studies she wants? this is not how scientific research works.
Wut Is there anything they aren't ignorant about?

Quote:
They can't see how this argument is completely insane. lol

Dead

Phil
Oh wise Kyuuji, do not be stirred with anger!
For we know and do truly understand that thou art wise in the lore
And thy kindness shines down upon us, beaming
Oh Kyuuji, deliver us from our enemies
So that we may grow our own breasts and compare them
Jeff's harassing people on Twitter again:

Actually, Wii U was good:
Any Reseteran reading this should lynch the dude for posting that Christie sideboob. It's even a DLC costume, so he went out of his way to get that. Disgusting behaviour.
(04-12-2024, 06:31 AM)benji wrote:
(04-12-2024, 06:21 AM)Taco Bell Tower wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/april-11-2024-woman-leaves-yu-gi-oh-event-because-it-smelled-horrible-the-woman-blamed-both-stinky-men-and-women-duelists.842292/
KSweeley is amazing:
Quote:Kotaku and ComicBook.com has reported on a woman who left a Japanese Yu-Gi-Oh tournament due to bad body odor from both men and women and it's reported that this isn't the first time that bad body odor at tournaments has made the news.
Quote:In 2019, Konami actually made hygiene mandatory for official tournaments, a Yu-Gi-Oh tournament rule states: "You are expected to be clean when you enter a tournament. Neglecting to wash or put on clean clothes contributes to an unpleasant atmosphere at the event, as the tournament can be crowded and the day can be long. Persons who neglect self-care to the point that they are negatively impacting the tournament may be asked to correct the issue in order to continue in the event."
Quote:Sadly, this is not the first time the fandom has made headlines over hygiene. The vast majority of fans are perfectly kept, but in 2019, Konami released a new tournament guideline that made hygiene mandatory for official tournaments.

"You are expected to be clean when you enter a tournament. Neglecting to wash or put on clean clothes contributes to an unpleasant atmosphere at the event, as the tournament can be crowded and the day can be long. Persons who neglect self-care to the point that they are negatively impacting the tournament may be asked to correct the issue in order to continue in the event," the rule reads.
lol

Something tells me this man doesn't smell very good

[Image: CqICj95UIAASYQJ?format=jpg&name=large]
https://www.resetera.com/threads/uk-era-life-ot-trans-rights-are-human-rights-tunnocks-in-tories-out.569071/page-793?post=121597506#post-121597506

Uzzy wrote:[Image: addictionlipa_-_1778573784418488491.gif?...0c8bf82c9&]

Kyuuji I am now dead

Boys club?  is this?
Implied Facepalm
(04-12-2024, 07:57 AM)HaughtyFrank wrote:
(04-12-2024, 05:55 AM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/first-image-of-sebastian-stan-as-donald-trump-from-the-apprentice.841425/

literally shaking

Is there any forum more terrified of media merely existing?

Now that it seems apparent that Civil War is not going to start an actual civil war, what is their next big media threat? Joker 2?
Looks like it's recruitment time again -

https://www.resetera.com/threads/how-do-you-deal-with-family-members-who-fall-for-conspiracy-theories-and-misinformation.842226/

DaschundDestroyer wrote:I try my best to correct them, but depending on the person they might be too far gone to listen to me even if I'm as polite as possible about it.

How many doggos has this beast murdered?
(04-11-2024, 07:25 PM)kaleidoscopium wrote:
Lozenge wrote:She's obviously said a lot of awful shit at this point, but as far as headlines go this might actually be one of the more damning ones.
Imagine you're someone who's been living under a rock and/or completely buys into her talk about feminism.
She won't forgive Daniel Radcliffe or Emma Watson?! Emma Watson is herself, a cis woman and a feminist. That's a pretty open and shut thing to say about someone who (by all accounts) is a part of the group JK is claiming to be defending. And it's not very "forgive thy neighbour" either.

I dunno. It's been a bit shit the past couple of days to put it lightly. But if there's anyone who's somehow still on the fence...this isn't a bad place to start to show that JK is not a forgiving, loving person.

What the fuck kind of argument is this?
You chucklefucks just added stonewall to your forever-unpersonned twitter blocks
(04-11-2024, 08:58 PM)Potato wrote:
Melody Shreds wrote:I'm getting really scared and angry and I don't even live in the UK!

So many people I know do...

wow, stay safe (and open a new ko-fi)
(04-11-2024, 10:20 PM)Boredfrom wrote:
BDumbs wrote:There's dozens and dozens of these assholes..., all of them dressing themselves up in the rhetoric of the left, pretending to take up legitimate causes, in order to push people more toward the assholes of the world.

...These influencers are not your friends and we shouldn't be uncritically sharing their bullshit and we shouldn't be following these sorts of people.

...I realized that not everyone is savvy enough to realize that assholes like this are grifters or trying to pipeline people into supporting fascism.

...These fuckfaces are all over the damn place.

(04-12-2024, 04:16 AM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote:
Known antisemite Nepenthe wrote:Racism isn't perpetuated off of the back of ignorance; it's perpetuated off of... white folks' emotional investment in their whiteness.

...people don't care... when they're being challenged, ...when they're not in an environment where they're aware that they are not the expert in the room and need to actively learn, such as in school or on job training (and white people don't consider ethnic minorities experts on racism).

Teehee
(04-12-2024, 08:15 AM)benji wrote:

Nobody is less bitter and angry than me, Jeff Marvel
[Image: 8yP9Pok.png]
(04-12-2024, 09:02 AM)Potato wrote:
(04-12-2024, 06:31 AM)benji wrote:
(04-12-2024, 06:21 AM)Taco Bell Tower wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/april-11-2024-woman-leaves-yu-gi-oh-event-because-it-smelled-horrible-the-woman-blamed-both-stinky-men-and-women-duelists.842292/
KSweeley is amazing:
Quote:Kotaku and ComicBook.com has reported on a woman who left a Japanese Yu-Gi-Oh tournament due to bad body odor from both men and women and it's reported that this isn't the first time that bad body odor at tournaments has made the news.
Quote:In 2019, Konami actually made hygiene mandatory for official tournaments, a Yu-Gi-Oh tournament rule states: "You are expected to be clean when you enter a tournament. Neglecting to wash or put on clean clothes contributes to an unpleasant atmosphere at the event, as the tournament can be crowded and the day can be long. Persons who neglect self-care to the point that they are negatively impacting the tournament may be asked to correct the issue in order to continue in the event."
lol

Something tells me this man doesn't smell very good

[Image: CqICj95UIAASYQJ?format=jpg&name=large]

Um, excuse me. That’s banned and deleted ResetEra poster KSweeley and the topic was posted by MDCrabCakeFan86. Staff have extensive systems in place to detect alt accounts.
avatars new groove wrote:This reminds me that part of me really laments the fact that around a decade ago cis people really started to take notice of us. It's like yeah, I get it, increased visibility is probably a net good in the long run, especially for younger, closeted trans people still finding their identity, but I really just want us all to be left alone for fuck's sake.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/page-112?post=121599501#post-121599501

“We just want to be left alone!!! Except when we doxx employees for making games we don’t like, and scream at people for playing games we don’t like, and scream at doctors for presenting research we don’t like, and when we scream at parents for not letting their kids do the things we do like”
I wonder why you suddenly became a lot more visible, why did people suddenly start finding out about you

hmm
Ree's level of solipsism is so out of touch with reality they actually think CIS scum only started to notice them a decade ago. Wut?
No jokes, the thing that brought this nonsense to my attention was Kyuuji's bullshit. Before that I couldn't have given much of a fuck about any of it, but Kyuuji is so aggressively objectionable and demonstrably wrong about everything on the internet that I now know about eggs, Blahaj, squid announcers, warhammer 40k backstory and other kinds of important women lore.
From the Community Thread:

deadbass wrote:It feels pretty unfair that in threads about Kingdom Come, a game whose studio is owned by a racist transphobe, the people who point this out get warned/banned and the people who talk about how excited they are to line the pockets of bigots can peacefully go about their business.

Translation: "Why won't the mods allow us to shit up the thread to get it locked?"

B-Dumbs wrote:Plenty of people who called out Varvra did so without a warning. Try not to snipe at other posters or at us and there's no issue.

A somewhat reasonable take. Of course, B-Dumbs semi ruined it by adding that last bit at the end about not bad mouthing the mods. Always so thin-skinned.

HeavenlyOne wrote:It's never just pointing out the issues with a game or developer, it's the added implication that "well if you like bad thing then you are bad". People just can't help themselves, it's not enough to just inform, they've always got to resort to shame.

Ultimately though the warnings do nothing. You can't advocate for banning so the next best thing is to continually shit up a thread to get it locked. Nothing changes, no one learns anything, and Era maintains it's reputation as an incredibly toxic place.

Hesright

ara wrote:Yeah, I think Vavra should fuck off and I'm not interested in the next KC as long as he's in charge, but those warnings were more than deserved. So many good posts have been made about the increasingly toxic and confrontational atmosphere on here, and those kinds of completely unprompted and unnecessarily hostile snipes are the exact kinds of posts that need actioning if this place is ever going to get better about this shit.
Hesright
Quote:KC:D's lead dev has been discussed repeatedly since 2018 on this forum, and it's the same circular arguments that lead nowhere. At some point, there really isn't any more new you can discuss about him that hasn't already been done, in that sense expecting people to constantly engage with you on that same argument with nothing new to discuss isn't a form of healthy discussion IMO.

I don't mean you can't point him out in a thread, that's fine, you can do that, but expecting people to constantly discuss him with to satisfy you like signing a waiver that "I acknowledge Vávra" before one can discuss the game any time a topic is made about the game is extremely condescending, especially that it has been discussed to death, and some people don't want to discuss the same thing anymore, and also for the fact, that no one is obligated to reply to someone any way (if context isn't drive-by)

I like KC:D. I don't like Vávra, never have. I like Warhorse Studios a lot, it's a big team with amazing and very talented people working there, one I know personally, and the game takes part in a very localised region that is personal to me. So yeah, I like it, and why I am excited for KCD:2 and to share my excitement with other users on this forum that are too.

Besides, it has never been an issue to discuss the game itself or for those to point out Vávra here. No one got actioned for doing that.

The difference is like a few weeks ago in another KC:D thread, when a user for example equated people who play the game as nazis, which is ridiculous (the game itself doesn't even have any such themes at all either, the game tells a very localised story, it is not a world, its a small slice of a region of Bohemia, and its basically a coming-of-age story that is premature by a traumatic life event. You get localised context of the game when you play it very quickly).

To finish my point - no one will ever go into a Persona thread and call people who play Persona games homophobes and transphobes because of Katsura Hashino or hijack Persona discussion to instead repeatedly demand discussion of Hashino that has been discussed to death already, which would also be ridiculous. Because they know they would 100% get actioned for that too, but some users think doing that sort of thing in every KC:D is fine (and some other games similar things happen). So sniping users 100% deserves actioning, because some threads on this forum generate sniping/trolling extensively

Snormy also made a good post a few weeks ago in the Stellar Blade thread about this kind of discussion about ban begging, sniping, etc around games. You can read it here

Hesright

The mods encouraged this behavior for years by allowing people like Kyuuji and her pals to brigade certain threads. Hell, just banning Kyuuji alone will likely cut down on the kind of trolling/thread shitting briganding being talked about, as she's a constant instigator of it and far too many people follow her lead. It's obvious that the briganding is organized on Discord. Someone even brought that up earlier in the Community Thread:

Embiid wrote:This imo is one of the biggest issues with this site. The baiting is completely outta control.
Even worse is when you see someone get hook, line, & sinkered, a lot of times it's like the hounds got sent on they ass via some unseen Discord clique bullshit.
I've never used Discord, never even downloaded the app, I'm too damn old for chatrooms, but it's blatantly obvious when clique brigading goes down.
"Just report them"… that's the problem — what is there to report? Some off-site speculation that can't be confirmed with hard evidence?
Just something I've wanted to get off my chest for a min, god bless

Sushi for Kalos wrote:Dawg, from what I've heard and personally seen, it really do be Discord cliques brigading a thread. A thread will be going just fine with discussion then people come in dominate threads, stinking everything up. Then people wonder why they get ignored - yeah, because it's obvious what you're doing.
Hesright
This phrase is right up there with “yall” and all the other shit that they throw away post over there ( from the fallout thread)

Quote:Nearly pulled a muscle rolling my eyes
“Hey you! You over there! Yeah you! Leave me alone! Hey, don’t ignore me I’m talking to you! I said leave me alone! No, don’t walk away. Come back here and listen to me. Why won’t anyone just leave me alone.

Hey you! You over there…”
(04-12-2024, 12:59 PM)clockwork5 wrote: “Hey you! You over there! Yeah you! Leave me alone! Hey, don’t ignore me I’m talking to you! I said leave me alone! No, don’t walk away. Come back here and listen to me. Why won’t anyone one just leave me alone.

Hey you! You over there…”

otherwise known as borderline personality disorder
I’ll always say that allowing Kyuuji to segregate cyberpunk 2077 and outright ban Hogwarts legacy will go down as b dumbs most retarded moment as general manager. There’s no coming back from that, people will be screaming for more bans of any game they don’t like and shitting up the threads and leading to uneven moderation.
(04-12-2024, 08:08 AM)benji wrote:

Oh my god my eyes have been opened. It's a bald genocide! Release the hair!
Do these retards really think all medications and treatments are safe for children? Maybe check any of the otc drugs in your house. “Not for children under 6 years old.” “Not intended for children.” “Consult with a doctor before giving to children under the age of 10.”

Do you know why you need to see a doc and receive a diagnosis to get balding drugs? 

BECAUSE THEY ARE EXTREMELY DANGEROUS FOR CHILDREN YOU ABSOLUTE FUCKWAD.
why does jeff marvel have a watermelon emoji in his twitter name? bit sus imo
3 users liked this post: benji, Taco Bell Tower, kaleidoscopium
(04-12-2024, 01:45 PM)Puffy Fucking Baby wrote: why does jeff marvel have a watermelon emoji in his twitter name? bit sus imo

Looking for a righteous sister to sext him in DMs, inshallah
It's just their usual motte and bailey bullshit so they can have their cake and eat it.

"NOONE SHOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO TELL US HOW WE WANT TO LIVE!"
"That's true, but then you don't have the right to get a lifestyle choice funded by the tax payer or get to push it onto people below the age of consent"
"YOU CAN'T DENY US HEALTHCARE, PEOPLE WILL DIE"
"Okay, so if its a medical concern, then it should be regulated and overseen to best medical practices and ethical standards"

GOTO 10