Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
(05-10-2024, 10:19 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote:
(05-10-2024, 10:15 PM)nachobro wrote: [Image: hw4ntVK.png]
https://www.resetera.com/threads/leak-switch-2-hardware-shipments-show-system-ram-storage-other-console-information.866529/post-122802495
We aren't here for you to make money off of.  You're here for us to make money off of. Money

Can someone wake Cerium up already?
Feel free to use The Bire to "recruit" for your own site. Why would I give a shit? Trumps
(05-10-2024, 10:26 PM)benji wrote: Feel free to use The Bire to "recruit" for your own site. Why would I give a shit? Trumps

Why are you deleting the threads of our Russian bots comrades then, shitlord? ufup
(05-10-2024, 10:15 PM)nachobro wrote: bdumbs having another meltdown, this time because people are mentioning that another forum exists lol

[Image: hw4ntVK.png]
https://www.resetera.com/threads/leak-switch-2-hardware-shipments-show-system-ram-storage-other-console-information.866529/post-122802495

[Image: kQcL96E.png]
Rofl

Just like east Germany or North Korea, you always know a nation is healthy when people are prevented from leaving
(05-10-2024, 10:26 PM)benji wrote: Feel free to use The Bire to "recruit" for your own site. Why would I give a shit? Trumps

Well that's because if anyone mentioned they were referred by this 'hate site', they'd be banned.

ufup
(05-10-2024, 10:20 PM)Boredfrom wrote:
McNum wrote:Hm, Zelda's side of Tears of the Kingdom is right there and barely explored if they want a quick game before the next system.

omfg 

https://www.resetera.com/threads/rumor-papagenos-teases-a-legend-of-zelda-game-starring-zelda-as-the-main-character.867819/page-2

It sounds like something Nintendo could do quickly based on the plot of TOTK but then spend 6 years on because they keep getting new ideas so it somehow transforms into a Majora's Mask sequel and you play as Navi The Fairy instead.
I’m actually starting to think Switch 2 might be the one that finally gets me to buy a Nintendo console. Of course I also thought the same about the Switch, Wii U, Wii and whatever came before that, but maybe this will be the one. PlayStation are disgusting. Xbox is dead. PC is too expensive.  This could be Nintendo’s time to shine. Unless I get a Deck.

Like my new site, The Byre?
(05-10-2024, 08:35 PM)Potato wrote:
(05-10-2024, 07:17 PM)Jansen wrote: https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/day-prison-life-danny-masterson-143817134.html

Lol

So he's...in prison? 

I guess not all American prisons are like Oz then. How much more have television shows been lying to us? What's next, are they gonna tell us that cops DON'T shoot someone on a weekly basis?

Titus
Quote:“He can spend up to $300 a month at the canteen. And it has limited items, mostly snack items, chips. Honey Buns is the big thing in prison. For protein they sell bagged chicken and tuna,” the insider tells In Touch.

This is the other thing movies/TV don't tell you. A lot of prisons do run on a Honey Bun based economy. It was so ubiquitous the only time I ever busted inmates passing Honey Buns was if I needed to get petty because some inmate thinks he's going to be King of Cell Block C Cop Cop
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ghost-of-tsushima-directors-cut-has-been-delisted-on-steam-in-countries-where-psn-isnt-available.867702/page-7?post=122811255#post-122811255
Quote:Sony needs to get their shit together. Microsoft doesn't officially sell consoles in my country and we don't have an Xbox store, but we do have a PC store and I can legally buy games and game pass.

edit: btw, I'm totally blaming privileged gamers too, not just Sony. A bunch of other publishers ask you to make an account, but this one was apparently too much.

Quote:Its actually incredible how much damage control gamers do for multi-billion dollar corporations.

You can see why Sony doesn't feel the need to provide a verbal response, they can just let their fanbase do it for them.

Quote:Nope. It's reversing cause they stopped the PSN login but it's still not available in non PSN countries because that was never really an issue to most of those folks they don't give a shit about smaller countries.

Quote:Unless Sony can fix this within tbe next month, I'm genuinely pissed off, not just at Sony, but at the people who decided this was an issue.

NOTHING was stopping me from buying these games before, it does not matter that PSN doesn't have my country lol (I just said I'm from a neighbouring country and there have been ZERO issues).

Now I can't buy games like GoT or HD2 until Sony fixes PSN (lol!) to have more countries available.

Great.

[Image: mwpdjhoo.png]
Fucking capital g gamers!
Did MOAB give B-Dumbs a directive to boost ad revenue? 

Not banning games.
Banning any mention of competitor forums.

MOAB finally wants a ROI on that $4.5 mil lol
That thread sure seems to have a lot of concerns being dismissed. "Only the first world privileged would complain" is rarely something you can post in other threads. hmm
(05-10-2024, 11:09 PM)Averon wrote: Did MOAB give B-Dumbs a directive to boost ad revenue? 

Not banning games.
Banning any mention of competitor forums.

MOAB finally wants a ROI on that $4.5 mil lol

Just B-Dumbs being B-Dumbs.

If he just lets them post about famiboards or allows links it's just another source of many. Forgotten in a week as they seldom have any scoops. 
Now people see these censored posts, fire up their discords and slide into DMs to start asking around what secret Switch 2 information was deleted and where to find it.
And since they can't discuss it on Era, they'll discuss it elsewhere.

Antoher classic B-Dumbs L Trumps
Please don't derail and link to banned sources.

No, there is no list, you should just know what is banned. Try reading the threads. Nepenthe shouldn't be the only one having to emotionally labor to find all the guidelines staff have issued (or not) when she already has to live in a world with white people.

There's no reason anyone should ever have to visit any other sites than this one.
Only people acting in bad faith would want to recruit others to a banned source.
had no clue what the hell a eurovision is but listened to a few of the songs. The jews song is actually pretty damn good. What's ree going on about.  ???
2 users liked this post: Nintex, Taco Bell Tower
WE COULD NOT BE MORE PROUD OF THE TREMENDOUS HEIGHTS GOLAN ACHIEVED AT EUROVISION WITH HER INCREDIBLE PERFORMANCE
I HAVE NO DOUBT SHE WILL WIN BUT DON'T TRUST SNEAKY BIBI EDEN!!
 OFFICIAL TEAM TRUMP SEAL OF QUALITY™
2 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, Gameboy Nostalgia
Nep’s now writing essays about bad apple ads. 

Quote:No one is seriously offended by the ad.

We're now offended that people are insisting that the only reasonable reading is the literal one.

People keep talking about intent, seemingly unaware that the thread has already acknowledged the intent. The discussion should then be about how the visuals come across, and how different interpretations can be borne from different life and cultural perspectives. People have explained with unnecessary patience why they didn't like the ad.

Instead of simply going "oh, I get it now" or "I still don't see it the way you saw it," the response had largely been "anyone who took a negative reading (largely artists) is unreasonably offended and virtue signalling." The fact that the ad really didn't play well in Japan has largely gone untouched; I dunno, maybe no one wants to call the makers of our precious anime and video games shrill and irrational.

And that's another thing too. The chud-lite dog whistles have been off the charts. "Outrage." "Virtue signalling." "Rational." Yeah sure, Jan; sure you aren't stepping in it right now?

The people who like the ad don't have the high ground to claim personal offense now.

Thank you for your service! 

https://www.resetera.com/threads/apple-makes-rare-apology-for-their-new-crush-ad-after-backlash.867540/page-12?post=122818704#post-122817840
(05-10-2024, 10:04 PM)benji wrote: Also that Nintendo had hidden all this secret tech inside that wasn't used for some inexplicable reason until a dongle unlocked it.

there's some precedent for that though, they do that shit constantly, extra connectors and input methods that never or barely get used

there was one on the base of the NES, base of the Cube, the weird IR port on the 3DS that got used for the circle pad pro, the barely used camera in the joycons

according to this there literally was active tech in the Cube to enable optical 3D but they just never released the peripheral

https://www.gamesradar.com/nintendo-wanted-to-do-3d-gaming-way-back-with-luigis-mansion/
4 users liked this post: Nintex, D3RANG3D, Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower
“Now I just gotta get these trespassing charges dropped.”

Umm. The prosecuting attorney decided to go ahead and charge you. Who knows maybe you’ll get some activist judge at your hearing who feels sorry for you, but that is HIGHLY unlikely. You can’t just take your toys home and say “I quit.” Now you have to plead not guilty and prove your innocence , if you want to go that route, so time to get to work bud, enjoy your summer.

The fuck did I just listen to  Do Not Want
3 users liked this post: clockwork5, D3RANG3D, Taco Bell Tower
Me reaping:  Success

Me sowing:   Not like this! literally shaking Whew YOU CRAZY MAN YOU CRAZY Existential Mjcry Beli Snoop Lawd Kobeyuck Shocked Pikachu
(05-11-2024, 12:53 AM)Uncle wrote:
(05-10-2024, 10:04 PM)benji wrote: Also that Nintendo had hidden all this secret tech inside that wasn't used for some inexplicable reason until a dongle unlocked it.

there's some precedent for that though, they do that shit constantly, extra connectors and input methods that never or barely get used

there was one on the base of the NES, base of the Cube, the weird IR port on the 3DS that got used for the circle pad pro, the barely used camera in the joycons

according to this there literally was active tech in the Cube to enable optical 3D but they just never released the peripheral

https://www.gamesradar.com/nintendo-wanted-to-do-3d-gaming-way-back-with-luigis-mansion/
Not secret chips that don't even exist on the motherboard or are speculated to somehow hide within the known chips.

These people were speculating things like 50% of the chip die hiding advanced technologies as if Ninty had lied about the fab process just to hide secret magic transistors for some unspecified future unlocking.
Gameboy discovering Eurovision lol
https://www.resetera.com/threads/forget-about-3-vs-black-how-about-devil-may-cry-4-vs-ninja-gaiden-ii.867348/#post-122792409

PlanetSmasher, post: 122792409, member: 6260 wrote:As I said, this is just a sign of how bad I think vanilla NG2 is. I'm well aware of how flawed DMC4's design is.

NG2 is still worse. It took Sigma 2 to make it playable.

Lord Fanny, post: 122792844, member: 66912 wrote:Well now no one can take you seriously

pedoroll, post: 122792958, member: 3578 wrote:"Now?" 🤣🫣

Girlslaff
(05-11-2024, 01:56 AM)BIONIC wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/forget-about-3-vs-black-how-about-devil-may-cry-4-vs-ninja-gaiden-ii.867348/#post-122792409

PlanetSmasher, post: 122792409, member: 6260 wrote:As I said, this is just a sign of how bad I think vanilla NG2 is. I'm well aware of how flawed DMC4's design is.

NG2 is still worse. It took Sigma 2 to make it playable.

Lord Fanny, post: 122792844, member: 66912 wrote:Well now no one can take you seriously

pedoroll, post: 122792958, member: 3578 wrote:"Now?" 🤣🫣

Girlslaff

Planetsmasher
Quote:I prioritize game balance and quality of encounter design over amounts of blood spilled per encounter. NG2's encounter balance is embarrassingly bad.
Someone from the Why Women Criticise thread defending him
Quote:Come on now, there's no need to go insulting people for having opinions.

On topic, I'm going to give it to DMC4 because Nero is my favourite character to actually play. Sure the game feels unfinished in areas and is a step down from its predecessor, but it's so much fun to pull off those exceeds and grabs.
Way back when the discourse around NG2 vs Sigma 2 was making it slower and easier. Something about it being rebuilt for the Sigma 1 engine? I don’t remember anybody ever preferring Sigma 2. Not even the Sony fanboys during the PS3 struggle heyday.
3 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, D3RANG3D, Taco Bell Tower
I'm surprised Planetsmasher wasn't complaining about boob jiggles that you can make the female characters do with the joysticks
3 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, D3RANG3D, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth
(05-11-2024, 02:57 AM)Taco Bell Tower wrote: I'm surprised Planetsmasher wasn't complaining about boob jiggles that you can make the female characters do with the joysticks

You do it using the Six Axis ufup

Spoiler:  (click to show)
Anime Expert
Yeeah, going to reinstall those Sigma games for that  Klepek
3 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, D3RANG3D, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth