Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
benji years ago I said something positive in reference to nick rekieta in comparison to caraballo and you said something like ehhh I don't know about that guy and over the long slow course of his embarrassing fall I have never forgotten this but apparently the bore has been excluded from google search results as well as its own archives being unsearchable so I cannot dredge up this post or I would

all I wanted to say is

you were right
Reality is so different from the internet. People like cops and hate the campus protesters

(Unless this poll is untrustworthy then please correct me)

https://harvardharrispoll.com/
https://www.resetera.com/threads/til-microsoft-has-announced-a-new-windows-11-feature-that-will-run-a-background-task-to-record-everything-you-do-on-your-windows-11-pc.876789/?post=123244578#post-123244578
Quote:wowzers didn't even take until page 2 for a "if you have nothing to hide" argument to come out lmao
lol literally shaking
3 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, benji, Gameboy Nostalgia
(05-22-2024, 12:05 AM)Uncle wrote: benji years ago I said something positive in reference to nick rekieta in comparison to caraballo and you said something like ehhh I don't know about that guy and over the long slow course of his embarrassing fall I have never forgotten this but apparently the bore has been excluded from google search results as well as its own archives being unsearchable so I cannot dredge up this post or I would

all I wanted to say is

you were right

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, "Benji was right again.”

Edit: Top page Eden

[Image: eden-golan-eden.gif]
https://www.resetera.com/threads/disney-television-animations-primos-has-been-delayed-indefinitely-no-longer-coming-in-early-june.877374/
Quote:Ignorant knee-jerk bullying works!
Quote:Assholes letting perfect be the enemy of good.
Quote:God damn it. Bullying and harassment continue to work, it seems
Quote:All because of 2 words...2 damn words that could have gotten re-recorded.
Hesright

https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-disneys-new-animated-show-primos-racist.730809/
Even Marvel bootlicker Fj0823 was in it too.
Sacrilicious wrote:This might be too obscure of a legal question, but could the ICJ case cite attempts to interfere in the ICC investigation?

They are entirely different courts, but could a country like South Africa bring this up? Especially if American politicians try to follow through on their threats. It directly interferes with investigations into their claims, such as starvation as a weapon of war.

They have a strong case for relevance so if South Africa can bring this up, I suspect they will. But I don't know enough about either court to understand if they have jurisdiction.

Imagine thinking the ICC matters.  lol
1 user liked this post: Taco Bell Tower
https://www.resetera.com/threads/spoiler-vivian-confirmed-as-trans-in-paper-mario-ttyd-remake.877926/

Fair enough if you're happy about this, but I never understood the people who says they'll buy the game just for something like this.

"I wasn't interested in this game. But they changed some text around so now I will absolutely buy it!!!"
Moltz20 wrote:If memory serves me right she was also trans in the original Spanish version (which is faithful to the original Japanese script). Only the English localization went to a different direction before the remake happened.

So now they want faithful localization? Side-eyeing this..
in the original japanese script vivian was an effeminate man, so no, it's not faithful

vivian is referred to as an otokonoko, which is used for femboys/crossdressing men
(05-22-2024, 01:05 AM)Uncle wrote: in the original japanese script vivian was an effeminate man, so no, it's not faithful

vivian is referred to as an otokonoko, which is used for femboys/crossdressing men

It would be interesting to see a 1:1 comparison of the script. I don't think they'll outright say the word "trans" in the English localization
(05-22-2024, 12:58 AM)Steven Snell wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/spoiler-vivian-confirmed-as-trans-in-paper-mario-ttyd-remake.877926/

Fair enough if you're happy about this, but I never understood the people who says they'll buy the game just for something like this.

"I wasn't interested in this game. But they changed some text around so now I will absolutely buy it!!!"

Wasn’t the joke “hahaha she is feminine as fuck compared to her sisters, wait, she is a dude?” in the JP version.
3 users liked this post: clockwork5, Taco Bell Tower, Gameboy Nostalgia
https://www.resetera.com/threads/disney-television-animations-primos-has-been-delayed-indefinitely-no-longer-coming-in-early-june.877374/?post=123286119#post-123286119

GoodGrief wrote:
Hollywood Duo wrote:If having a Mexican woman make a show about her childhood is not proper representation to you then you need to seriously reevaluate things TBH. It's a Disney kids show which would have been great for young kids.
Nah I think it's perfectly fair to point out that someone who wasn't born and raised in Mexico might make mistakes when writing Mexican characters. I don't want Mexican kids to see that crap
Wut
(05-22-2024, 01:18 AM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/disney-television-animations-primos-has-been-delayed-indefinitely-no-longer-coming-in-early-june.877374/?post=123286119#post-123286119

GoodGrief wrote:
Hollywood Duo wrote:If having a Mexican woman make a show about her childhood is not proper representation to you then you need to seriously reevaluate things TBH. It's a Disney kids show which would have been great for young kids.
Nah I think it's perfectly fair to point out that someone who wasn't born and raised in Mexico might make mistakes when writing Mexican characters. I don't want Mexican kids to see that crap
Wut

But she is writing about MexicanAmerican kids. 

Mexican kids already see a lot of crap that is not appropriate for them. This is not even mid.

“Mexican families have a lot of cousins and siblings? Oh no.”
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ign-entertainment-acquires-eurogamer-gi-biz-vg247-rock-paper-shotgun-and-more-layoffs-occuring.877419/

Glad he padded that resume out. I'm sure he'll find something quickly.

Is it tho?
Games journalists have become pretty redundant as a whole. The only worth seems to be review scores for metacritic while any of the more critical think pieces just completely miss their audience.
(05-22-2024, 12:58 AM)Steven Snell wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/spoiler-vivian-confirmed-as-trans-in-paper-mario-ttyd-remake.877926/

Suck it chud!!!

Quote:So excited for the chuds to be angry and for Nintendo to do what they do best, not give a fuck

Shoutout to Nintendo, you guys rule
(05-22-2024, 01:10 AM)HaughtyFrank wrote:
(05-22-2024, 01:05 AM)Uncle wrote: in the original japanese script vivian was an effeminate man, so no, it's not faithful

It would be interesting to see a 1:1 comparison of the script. I don't think they'll outright say the word "trans" in the English localization

[Image: 5BTHbtY.png]

and because in the original US release Vivian used to just be a girl who was picked on by her sisters, they intentionally introduced transphobia into the game now

[Image: 5b8KjbW.png]
(05-22-2024, 01:39 AM)HaughtyFrank wrote: Games journalists have become pretty redundant as a whole. The only worth seems to be review scores for metacritic while any of the more critical think pieces just completely miss their audience.

Still it sucks, even if most of the sites they absorbed are shadows of their former selfs
https://www.resetera.com/threads/israel-palestine-the-ongoing-israeli-genocide-in-gaza-see-staff-posts-for-posting-guidelines.772478/page-331?post=123294666#post-123294666

Laughing Banana wrote:Why am I not surprised the other ICC thread got locked, not even a day.

Tee-hee.  omg
(05-22-2024, 01:39 AM)HaughtyFrank wrote: Games journalists have become pretty redundant as a whole. The only worth seems to be review scores for metacritic while any of the more critical think pieces just completely miss their audience.

A critical part of being a games journalist is having a blatant contempt for the majority of people who read your writing and a completely inflated sense of your own worth and influence.
killamajig dateline='[url=tel:1716331171' wrote: 1716331171[/url]']
https://www.resetera.com/threads/im-surprised-how-ingrained-the-fear-of-opposite-sex-friendships-among-cis-straight-folks-is-still-prevalent.877065/post-123257847
Kyyuujjii
Quote:Yeh it's always been weird to me how some people get with that stuff, history of infidelity or other reasons aside. Two of my closest irl friends are men and the rest are women. My bestie is the wife of my best friend as well, and being a trans woman with zero sexual interest in men I figure no one's gonna untangle that to throw odd suggestions around who I apparently should or shouldn't want to sleep with among them all lol.

Assuming two people want to fuck just because they're friends is stupid and runs parallel to the toxic 'friendzone' nonsense to me.

Kunty, stop giving your two cents on shit you are clearly confused about. You became a woman so you could make fuck female friends.

Dude, don't lie. You were too much of a male creep so you put on a disguise to get near women. Why are you ALL lesbians? Geee, I wonder. And for someone that doesn't believe in the "friendzone nonsense" you sure made a drastic change to escape the friendzone.

I’m really interested in what they currently look like

I stopped giving a shit about journalism for games years before the whole Gamer Gate stuff. It was like in 2011 when it started getting exceptionally bad and Kotaku just plainly spoiling games with leaks (I believe a major one was Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 having a major asset leak months before launch) and not retracting anything. Plus every article had to be updated for inaccuracies.

I'm just glad there is stuff like Gematsu where it's straight to the point and concise.
(05-22-2024, 02:19 AM)Jonsey wrote: I’m really interested in what they currently look like

Probably looks like a dude with she/her pronouns.
the quentalated mox wrote:huge W, honestly didn't expect NOA to go for it, but fuck yeah they did.

i'll be interested to see how the full dialogue plays out, since i'm pretty sure there's some sort of moment that softens Beldam toward the end and that would maybe be a harder sell if she's explicitly transphobic

poltergust wrote:Is there?

She's basically all in on reviving the Shadow Queen (something that would literally end the world) even right toward the end, from what I can remember. There's nothing really redeemable about her, transphobia being present or otherwise.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/spoiler-vivian-confirmed-as-trans-in-paper-mario-ttyd-remake.877926/page-2?post=123297930#post-123297930

Thousand Year Door spoilers:

Quote:At the end of the game, it's revealed that Beldam renounces her villainous ways now that the Shadow Queen has been defeated. She apologizes to Vivian, promising to never mistreat her again. Vivian accepts Beldam's apology, and now lives peacefully with Beldam and Marilyn in Twilight Town.
https://www.mariowiki.com/Beldam

lmao
(05-22-2024, 02:45 AM)AnnoyedCanadian wrote:

I stopped giving a shit about journalism for games years before the whole Gamer Gate stuff. It was like in 2011 when it started getting exceptionally bad and Kotaku just plainly spoiling games with leaks (I believe a major one was Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 having a major asset leak months before launch) and not retracting anything. Plus every article had to be updated for inaccuracies.

I'm just glad there is stuff like Gematsu where it's straight to the point and concise.

I can't take you seriously if you are going to complain about games journalism and then highlight something that definitely falls within the ballpark of what a journalist should be doing...all the while failing to mention that the actual way Kotaku poisoned the well was by replacing their actual reporting with thinly veiled left-wing activism.

There are so many interesting stories to tell about the art of making games, the people involved in making them and the process by which they are made. There are any number of interesting post-release reflection pieces on the impact of successful (or otherwise) games that have never been written because Kotaku and those shit sites decided it was way more important to write hand-wringing articles about the amount of cleavage shown in a female character's costume or the skin tone of the enemies you were gleefully mass murdering in technicolour graphic violence by shooting them in the face with a shotgun.

Fuck games journalism for its many crimes, but never because someone decided to do some actual reporting.

Spoiler:  (click to show)
No1curr Anime Expert NERDS!
As a film major, I know all about looking for meaning where there is none and writing 5 pages about it.
I like SkillUp

Elon
I just miss the days when I had a fresh 400 page issue of EGM waiting in my mailbox. Fuck I loved that magazine.
(05-22-2024, 03:32 AM)clockwork5 wrote: I just miss the days when I had a fresh 400 page issue of EGM waiting in my mailbox. Fuck I loved that magazine.

I miss those days as well. Getting the newest issue of GamePro for me at the grocery store. I'd read that thing every night until the next issue came out. Didn't have good internet for a long time so that was my only source of info when I was younger.

As well as deciding on what to rent or buy from screens in magazines, commercials, demos if they were available and the box art / back cover. Simpler times.