Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
don't worry about potato, canadia man, she/her is just a grump but we love she/her anyway
BarcaTheGreat
Quote:Oh this fucken forum.. After so many vocal criticism of the mods silencing mostly pro Palestinian voices... It continues without a care. Fuck we need a new forum to openly discuss Palestinian genocide that isn't kept to just one thread using various excuses.

This place is prime example of "liberal but Palestine"

Maybe if your forums community wasn't so blatantly anti-Semitic, doing apologia for Hamas, Hezbollah, the Houthis and other terrorist organizations, spouting tankie nonsense and making general awful commentary that wouldn't be an issue.

It's like you can dislike what Israel is doing, feel bad for the innocent Palestinians, hate Hamas / the other terrorist organizations in the area and not be anti-Semitic. It's not a hard fucking concept.
(05-21-2024, 11:12 PM)Straight Edge wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/may-21-2024-ap-it’s-so-hot-in-mexico-that-howler-monkeys-are-falling-dead-from-the-trees.877725/

Quote:And we'll continue to ignore this until it affects white people.
  What is this?
Are they saying that howler monkeys are people of color? Yikes

Also remember when these religious freaks would scream WEATHER ISN'T CLIMATE at you?

(05-21-2024, 11:38 PM)AnnoyedCanadian wrote: I mean if people want to watch a long video be my guest, but don't tell people to watch it or shut the fuck up like they do on that hell site.

My other favourite topic from that site is when they are going on vacation, arrive at their destination and then ask what to do.

YOU CRAZY MAN YOU CRAZY

It's like you dumb motherfuckers can you not do your own research? Holy shit. I swear even using Google is too hard for them.

It's not just for vacation stuff either, it's for stuff like "HEY I GOT A PS5 WHAT GAMES DO I BUY". Common sense is severely lacking.
The point is to receive validation from others. Once you recognize that everything they do is based around social signaling in hopes of achieving social status all their concerns make sense. They're status obsessed and completely fear being judged in anyway while refusing to change anything about themselves.

(05-22-2024, 12:50 AM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote:
Sacrilicious wrote:This might be too obscure of a legal question, but could the ICJ case cite attempts to interfere in the ICC investigation?

They are entirely different courts, but could a country like South Africa bring this up? Especially if American politicians try to follow through on their threats. It directly interferes with investigations into their claims, such as starvation as a weapon of war.

They have a strong case for relevance so if South Africa can bring this up, I suspect they will. But I don't know enough about either court to understand if they have jurisdiction.
They really think there's some world staff to send reports to don't they?
(05-22-2024, 03:51 AM)Uncle wrote: don't worry about potato, canadia man, she/her is just a grump but we love she/her anyway

Fuck you very much uncle from nintendo. I love you too.

Plus the new guy needs some hazing. It's the only way to make sure he is of sufficient thebire quality.

EDIT:

I mean, he's doing OK so far.

(05-22-2024, 03:53 AM)AnnoyedCanadian wrote: BarcaTheGreat
Quote:Oh this fucken forum.. After so many vocal criticism of the mods silencing mostly pro Palestinian voices... It continues without a care. Fuck we need a new forum to openly discuss Palestinian genocide that isn't kept to just one thread using various excuses.

This place is prime example of "liberal but Palestine"
Maybe if your forums community wasn't so blatantly anti-Semitic, doing apologia for Hamas, Hezbollah, the Houthis and other terrorist organizations, spouting tankie nonsense and making general awful commentary that wouldn't be an issue.
It's like you can dislike what Israel is doing, feel bad for the innocent Palestinians, hate Hamas / the other terrorist organizations in the area and not be anti-Semitic. It's not a hard fucking concept.
(05-22-2024, 03:54 AM)Potato wrote:
(05-22-2024, 03:51 AM)Uncle wrote: don't worry about potato, canadia man, she/her is just a grump but we love she/her anyway

Fuck you very much uncle from nintendo. I love you too.

Plus the new guy needs some hazing. It's the only way to make sure he is of sufficient thebore quality.

Potatoes are delicious. Love me some mashed potatoes. With ketchup.
3 users liked this post: D3RANG3D, Taco Bell Tower, Gameboy Nostalgia
(05-22-2024, 03:32 AM)clockwork5 wrote: I just miss the days when I had a fresh 400 page issue of EGM waiting in my mailbox. Fuck I loved that magazine.
SPECIAL COLLECTORS ISSUE:
[Image: Electronic_Gaming_Monthly_64_0000.jp2&id...8&rotate=0]
Star 
I fucking hate gamers.

Chuds chuds, chuds, chuds. Chuds chuds! Chuds.. so tiring.

Sigh.

I can't even.
(05-22-2024, 03:53 AM)AnnoyedCanadian wrote: BarcaTheGreat
Quote:This place is prime example of "liberal but Palestine"
Palestine isn't a very liberal place. No elections, half of it is dominated by a extreme authoritarian religious group, the other half by a slightly less so one, no real rule of law, etc. It also doesn't seem very liberal to support the self-determination of people to other people's nations which is the position of Hamas. Though maybe you support Russia too, I shouldn't assume you're inconsistent.

I wouldn't support it but I'd love to see you respond to an argument that Israel should wipe out Hamas and the phony PNA and let the UN establish an actual mission with properly democratic groups in charge. Something similar, but ideally smarter, to what happened nearby in Iraq. Society

edit: oops, sorry, forgot the anti-colonial basics that people have a right to choose an authoritarian government to oppress them and deny them human rights to protect them from colonialism.
(05-22-2024, 04:02 AM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote: I fucking hate gamers.

Chuds chuds, chuds, chuds. Chuds chuds! Chuds.. so tiring.

Sigh.

I can't even.
THANK YOU, POST HIGHLIGHTED

LOUDER FOR THOSE IN THE BACK
[Image: 0.jpg]

[Image: gallery_18528_8_1468822.jpg]

I miss those days
thank you benji for the highlight star.  Heartbeat
2 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Taco Bell Tower
he didn't even highlight the post where I said he was right
3 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower, Potato
https://www.resetera.com/threads/toru-furuya-amuro-rey-yamcha-seiya-tuxedo-mask-admits-to-abusive-affair-with-female-fan.878004/

Oh, wow, if the translation is correct the dude really is all RE sexual misconduct talking points combined. Wonder if the will react in a mature w…

Quote:uh

wow

and I was just watching Dragon Ball too.

Awesome Mike Willam
Quote:To summarize the things Furuya Tohru is admitting to:
4.5 year affair
the woman was a fan
he made contact
during the affair he once hit her during an argument
he made her to have an abortion

Triggered 

He is also over 70, btw.

This is one of the times I totally agree with power imbalance and age difference making this specially despicable.
[Image: gzIRYxh.png]
Voice actors always fall into some sort of controversy. Maybe it’s being known to a few but not famous enough to derail ordinary life. If Hank Azaria is recognized, it’s probably for Heat. Not the Simpsons.
3 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, D3RANG3D, Taco Bell Tower
I feel like they're a bit slow to catch onto the fact that THEY are the reason that these journo websites and a lot of studios are being shut down. Their morality policing (IE SOME BASIC FUCKING DECENCY) has added so much risk to every single project and there ends up being only about ten or so games a year that meet this intersectional california liberal sniff test.

The concept of games journalism is pathetic in and of itself and the people who act as though there was ever a need for a woodward and bernstein of rareware are just as ridiculous, but once upon a time there were thriving communities and websites that were funny, relevant and part of the zeitgeist. 

It turned out that the people who were demanding you didn't talk about big games like Cyberpunk and Harry Potter were fucking idiots, but you went along with it anyway, so everyone just moved away. Jim Sterling is a microcosm of what has happened to the industry at large. People would tolerate the histrionics until they reached an event horizon of nonsense.

At the end, as the asteroid smashes into the mexico, they're touting for b2b jobs looking for people who are good at 'speaking about marginalised people' (you mean bourgeois westerners who play videogames pal).They've effectively killed the culture and now they're paying the price.
Found this translation of his statement

3 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Tucker's Law, Taco Bell Tower
(05-22-2024, 07:08 AM)Besticus Maximus wrote: I feel like they're a bit slow to catch onto the fact that THEY are the reason that these journo websites and a lot of studios are being shut down. Their morality policing (IE SOME BASIC FUCKING DECENCY) has added so much risk to every single project and there ends up being only about ten or so games a year that meet this intersectional california liberal sniff test.

The concept of games journalism is pathetic in and of itself and the people who act as though there was ever a need for a woodward and bernstein of rareware are just as ridiculous, but once upon a time there were thriving communities and websites that were funny, relevant and part of the zeitgeist. 

It turned out that the people who were demanding you didn't talk about big games like Cyberpunk and Harry Potter were fucking idiots, but you went along with it anyway, so everyone just moved away. Jim Sterling is a microcosm of what has happened to the industry at large. People would tolerate the histrionics until they reached an event horizon of nonsense.

At the end, as the asteroid smashes into the mexico, they're touting for b2b jobs looking for people who are good at 'speaking about marginalised people' (you mean bourgeois westerners who play videogames pal).They've effectively killed the culture and now they're paying the price.

Personally, I also blame Pewdepie or whatever that fuckwit's name is and his fans...he's the one who turned screaming like a retard into a video camera into entertainment and gamer culture. Fuck that guy.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/biden-contrary-to-allegations-against-israel-whats-happening-is-not-genocide.877245/page-12?post=123289038#post-123289038

Still waiting for the reopen. There's nothing "Temporarily" about this.  wag
(05-22-2024, 07:18 AM)Potato wrote: Personally, I also blame Pewdepie or whatever that fuckwit's name is and his fans...he's the one who turned screaming like a retard into a video camera into entertainment and gamer culture. Fuck that guy.

Recall reading his rise to prominence was luck from being geo located to place him on several countries trending algorithms. Tragic consequences.
(05-22-2024, 03:50 AM)Uncle wrote:
(05-22-2024, 02:45 AM)AnnoyedCanadian wrote:
(05-22-2024, 01:39 AM)HaughtyFrank wrote: Games journalists have become pretty redundant as a whole. The only worth seems to be review scores for metacritic while any of the more critical think pieces just completely miss their audience.

I stopped giving a shit about journalism for games years before the whole Gamer Gate stuff. It was like in 2011 when it started getting exceptionally bad and Kotaku just plainly spoiling games with leaks (I believe a major one was Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 having a major asset leak months before launch) and not retracting anything. Plus every article had to be updated for inaccuracies.

I'm just glad there is stuff like Gematsu where it's straight to the point and concise.

https://www.gamedeveloper.com/business/-gamers-don-t-have-to-be-your-audience-gamers-are-over-

[Image: xG8zfp8.png]

oh, who is over?

great piece, "Game Developer," formerly Gamasutra, a name too fun and memorable to possibly exist in this era

"Gamers are over" Smug

*Gamers get mad* Shocked Pikachu

No one could have seen this coming
Tropic Thunder was bang on about gamers and smut addicts being the two groups you want on your side.
(05-21-2024, 05:35 PM)Eric Cartman wrote:
(05-21-2024, 02:50 AM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote: Only BireGold⭐ members can read this post. 

BireGold? Is that really what they're calling it? It sounds like an acne medication  lol

It's actually called benjiMAX, because benji gives you the whole shaft. Sad
Pour one out for neoxon

Shit, I had the first issue of EGM that I ordered out of the back of a boys life magazine.
[Image: Electronic-Gaming-Monthly-Issue-One-225x300.jpg]
(05-22-2024, 10:43 AM)HaughtyFrank wrote: Pour one out for neoxon

Now how can Visawife expand his dossier without being able to see who liked the "wrong" tweet/person?
the cross section of humanity

[Image: 8CJkywy.png]
(05-22-2024, 10:43 AM)HaughtyFrank wrote: Pour one out for neoxon

hahahahaha. ive always wanted this. the amount of bullshit people post for likes is nuts. only good decision musk has made.
(05-22-2024, 10:16 AM)HaughtyFrank wrote:
(05-22-2024, 03:50 AM)Uncle wrote:
(05-22-2024, 02:45 AM)AnnoyedCanadian wrote: I stopped giving a shit about journalism for games years before the whole Gamer Gate stuff. It was like in 2011 when it started getting exceptionally bad and Kotaku just plainly spoiling games with leaks (I believe a major one was Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 having a major asset leak months before launch) and not retracting anything. Plus every article had to be updated for inaccuracies.

I'm just glad there is stuff like Gematsu where it's straight to the point and concise.

https://www.gamedeveloper.com/business/-gamers-don-t-have-to-be-your-audience-gamers-are-over-

[Image: xG8zfp8.png]

oh, who is over?

great piece, "Game Developer," formerly Gamasutra, a name too fun and memorable to possibly exist in this era

"Gamers are over" Smug

*Gamers get mad* Shocked Pikachu

No one could have seen this coming

Challenging gamers was very stupid of the woke crowd. Gamers are the one group that will keep trying to win and won't give up or back down. 

The Sarkeesians of this world thought they could just stir up the pot, get some attention, collect the bag and move on. Gamers won't let them.