Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
Rules for thee but not for me, reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Dumb cunts.
sprsk wrote:Man, what is with the UK and their obsession with oppressing trans people?
It's fucking weird.

We aren’t, TransEra of the UK is obsessed with pushing this narrative, when in fact I’d say 98% of people don’t fucking care and will just let you go about your business, but the mad terminally online department of the modern Transgender community can’t help themselves but tell everyone they’re trans at all times, if you just STFU and use a toilet when you don’t look like Derek the truck driver nobody is saying shit to you.

Also this is great!

fat4all wrote:so it's like when i say faggot?
(07-02-2024, 12:55 PM)malfoyking wrote: They legitimately believe they are the exact same as the women who birthed them. This new movement is just nuts

I like how this is like a microcosm of the whole trans debate. The whole logic of "it's okay for women to use cunt" is kind of based on said women having.... cunts
Fat4all wrote:so it's like when i say faggot?
Rules for thee but not for me! 

Edit: looks like im a little late to the party with this zinger.

I like how the mods aren’t engaging and just letting them all scream into the void.
Are we allowed to say the c-word slur here?? I'm new I don't wanna get in trouble. :x
(07-02-2024, 01:10 PM)EaldNarche wrote: Are we allowed to say the c-word slur here?? I'm new I don't wanna get in trouble. :x

Gonna need some more info. Better send pics of your genitals to benji, just to be safe.
Pretty sure Kyuuji was going to bat for the initial cunt ban way back.  Oopsie doodle!
They're mod policing now about whether Persephone should be actioned less harshly for saying the c word for being a woman, but they're "non-binary"... so are they really saying that's just another word for woman?  omg
(07-02-2024, 01:25 PM)EaldNarche wrote: They're mod policing now about whether Persephone should be actioned less harshly for saying the c word for being a woman, but they're "non-binary"... so are they really saying that's just another word for woman?  omg

I was going to say that. Their profile shows Gender = Non-binary. So shouldn't they all get banned for misgendering them? I'm sure you'll find all these posters in threads about random celebrities, going all "Random celebrity X has came out as non-binary, so please refrain from using gendered pronouns to discuss them". It just shows how performative this thing is, with no consistency whatsoever.
Persephone is a female, she used to be a scolding feminist as her "personality", she's the one who created the "nobody should say female" thread way back in the early days and also started the women criticize threads. Then she became non-binary to show she's not like the other girls so you know she's better. But like all non-binaries they exist on a sliding scale form where what they identify as depends on their opportunity to scold others for social power. Hence why she's forgetting she's non-binary and saying she's both binary and a woman so gets to do what she wants.

They need to ban all the others misgendering them and make clear that this is not okay, that this is why trans people do not feel safe on ResetERA.com. This is exactly what Genocide Joe, Genocide Kier and Genocide Joanne want, to be allowed to define people's gender by their sex no matter what that person wants. In other words, the second-to-last stage of genocide.
Anyone wanna see what’s going on in constructive? 

This post was linked so assuming they’re arguing about it https://www.resetera.com/threads/constructive-community-discussion-2024.859116/page-8?post=125283885#post-125283885
https://www.resetera.com/threads/dear-cis-people.916938/

T002 Tyrant wrote:Hi there, I'm a Trans Woman. My voluntary job is as a consultant on Trans and Non-Binary issues. I have noticed a lot of Era members can be dismissive or not understand Genderqueer people. This isn't to say everyone here is I know how sensitive cis people can be when someone says anything that makes them think they're being accused of anything. Or there may be many here in fact harbouring closeted instincts about their own gender identity.

I want to publicly extend my DMs to:

1) Those willing to learn and understand and ask questions that may even seem insulting or stupid to ask in private. I will not however be answering questions in this thread. The Genderqueer are not up for debate, whereas I can have a one on one conversation and educate. This includes being able to provide a thought exercise on what it can be like to be genderqueer.
2) Speak to those questioning (which is healthy to do) or in the closet
3) Give advice to those who have recently come to a realisation and need someone to speak to.

Rules, be kind, be respectful. Have love in your heart and the ability to change your mind.

I would like to state that as an intersectional minority this isn't my responsibility to educate people. I'm doing this out of the need to educate, as cis people tend to think they know what they're talking about with trans people can can sometimes be so off the mark it hurts.

Will I regret this? Probably. I can always just leave the forum if it gets overwhelming 😅

PS: Remember its DMs open, I won't be responding to stuff on here. When its public it becomes a debate, one to one it becomes a conversation.

Girlslaff
(07-02-2024, 01:46 PM)benji wrote: Persephone is a female, she used to be a scolding feminist as her "personality", she's the one who created the "nobody should say female" thread way back in the early days and also started the women criticize threads. Then she became non-binary to show she's not like the other girls so you know she's better. But like all non-binaries they exist on a sliding scale form where what they identify as depends on their opportunity to scold others for social power. Hence why she's forgetting she's non-binary and saying she's both binary and a woman so gets to do what she wants.

They need to ban all the others misgendering them and make clear that this is not okay, that this is why trans people do not feel safe on ResetERA.com. This is exactly what Genocide Joe, Genocide Kier and Genocide Joanne want, to be allowed to define people's gender by their sex no matter what that person wants. In other words, the second-to-last stage of genocide.

Huh really? Seen a few users basically hint it's a trans woman. Both in the Starmer thread and constructive community.

[Image: cedb4c96005dc6c3c20f11cc85faf3d5.png]
I love the juxtaposition of the "it isn't my responsibility to educate you" and "I'm not replying to anything in this thread" with the fact she felt compelled to make the post for some narcissistic ego stroking in the first place.
(07-02-2024, 01:54 PM)Steven Snell wrote: Huh really? Seen a few users basically hint it's a trans woman. Both in the Starmer thread and constructive community.
"Non-binary" is "trans" even though this is another thing that doesn't make sense under the premises of their ideology.
(07-02-2024, 01:52 PM)Steven Snell wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/dear-cis-people.916938/

T002 Tyrant wrote:I want to publicly extend my DMs to:

1) Those willing to learn and understand and ask questions that may even seem insulting or stupid to ask in private. I will not however be answering questions in this thread. The Genderqueer are not up for debate, whereas I can have a one on one conversation and educate. This includes being able to provide a thought exercise on what it can be like to be genderqueer.

PS: Remember its DMs open, I won't be responding to stuff on here. When its public it becomes a debate, one to one it becomes a conversation.
Will use one of our accounts to DM them to explain what "genderqueer" means in a single paragraph and without stereotyping.
(07-02-2024, 01:52 PM)Steven Snell wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/dear-cis-people.916938/

T002 Tyrant wrote:Hi there, I'm a Trans Woman. My voluntary job is as a consultant on Trans and Non-Binary issues. I have noticed a lot of Era members can be dismissive or not understand Genderqueer people. This isn't to say everyone here is I know how sensitive cis people can be when someone says anything that makes them think they're being accused of anything. Or there may be many here in fact harbouring closeted instincts about their own gender identity.

I want to publicly extend my DMs to:

2) Speak to those questioning (which is healthy to do) or in the closet
3) Give advice to those who have recently come to a realisation and need someone to speak to.

Rules, be kind, be respectful. Have love in your heart and the ability to change your mind.

I would like to state that as an intersectional minority this isn't my responsibility to educate people. I'm doing this out of the need to educate, as cis people tend to think they know what they're talking about with trans people can can sometimes be so off the mark it hurts.

Will I regret this? Probably. I can always just leave the forum if it gets overwhelming 😅

Girlslaff

Fuck me, is this cunt trying to take over the forum?
You see Dubs, this is what happens when you play favourites with nutters
(07-02-2024, 01:49 PM)kaleidoscopium wrote: Anyone wanna see what’s going on in constructive? 

This post was linked so assuming they’re arguing about it https://www.resetera.com/threads/constructive-community-discussion-2024.859116/page-8?post=125283885#post-125283885

No responses from staff at this point, just a bunch of people annoyed that the rule is being applied to everyone:
Jubilant Duck wrote:Can I politely request a temporary re-evaluation on moderation action around usage of the c-word over the next few days in British politics-specific threads?

As the staff will be aware, we are currently undergoing a rather historic election in the UK, one with huge implications for the lives of millions. Temperatures are running red-hot given the huge emotional weight of 14 years of rightwing rule causing measurable devastation across all levels of society (ultra rich aside) plus outright state vandalism on the key institutions and services required to keep the country running and the populace alive, along with wedging divisions between ourselves and the rest of our friends and families in the EU, a group we used to belong to until it was ripped away from us.

Compounding this matter, we have had a very unfortunate forced-culture war in the past two-three years, spearheaded by rightwing media and JK Rowling to attack trans women's rights and dignity of life (the existence of trans men always ignored for... reasons). This sickness of a memetic talking point seemingly popped up overnight and has infected all the frontrunner political parties and causing us to slide backwards, so even with much worth celebrating about the imminent change in government it's still going to be a horrendously bitter pill to swallow.

I don't need to educate anyone on this forum that the c-word has an entirely different cultural weight and meaning in the UK than it does the US or some other countries. And that same culture also ties the word to British conservatism quite strongly.

There is about to be a huge moment of collective catharsis for the British members of this site when the Conservatives are ousted, coupled with the aforementioned bitterness that conservatism is also infecting the next, traditionally leftwing, government in ways that make us scared about the future.

In this deeply emotional context, perhaps some leniency can be observed? Temporarily deploying warnings rather than bans? Or just outright ignoring it as a moderation point all together for a few days so long as the usage is kept quarantined to British politics talk?
Kyuuji wrote:Amen. Other elements of moderation are context dependent including offensive terms. There's a difference between calling Starmer a c*** for trying to take away the rights of women and some random loser on the forum shouting it at a female member, and I don't see why the former needs to be actioned at all.
Mindwipe wrote:The c word ban has always been a crazy bit of American enthno-centrism and embarrasses the forum.
Hasney wrote:Yeah, it's an absolute joke. Doubly so when it's a woman using the word. Had to walk away because I was so angry I was close to posting it in solidarity and not caring if I was banned even.
Camoxide wrote:To echo what's been said, if the C word is used, can we have warnings instead for UK threads for the next few days?
Ref thread: https://www.resetera.com/threads/kier-starmer-trans-women-have-no-right-to-single-sex-spaces-including-bathrooms-even-with-a-grc.916818/

Also where is it documented that the C word is banned, the first time I've heard it of it being banned is seeing another user get banned for it.
Maximo wrote:Was banned last week for calling a pedophile the c word, the recent banning of a poster for using it against a transphobic POS, is to be frank, a bloody joke.
Blanket week banning for using the word regardless context or even given a warning is nuts, im surprised I haven't casually said it before as an Aussie, and caught myself out.
Windrunner wrote:That ban is a double betrayal as not only was actioned against someone personally affected, it also diverted attention away from the important topic at hand.

Think things through before swinging the axe ffs.
PallasKitten wrote:Agreed on the re-evaluation of moderation of the C-word. I'm a cis woman and have been tone policed plenty throughout my life, and I know it's a common experience for other women as well. Seeing that user banned in the recent thread for calling Starmer a c*** was beyond infuriating to be honest. Can we please just be allowed to express our anger without being finger waggled on our choice of language for once, please?

Also the only reason I mention I'm cis is because the user that was recently banned in the Keir Starmer thread is non-binary, and I really hope this had nothing to do with how their ban was handled, especially given the subject matter of the thread. I wasn't even aware the C-word was banned here until recently, and if I had been the one banned for uttering it, I hope I wouldn't be let of with a lighter ban simply for being cis.
PinkSpider wrote:I brought this up in the UK thread, it's either an international forum or it's a US one and a large volume of us are just tagging along. Brought it up as a big politicial satiricist was shared and he used the word in a non gender slur context and the podcast (Pod Save The World) I'd been listening to all day had again used it to reference a party and again non gender related. These are allowed on YouTube and Facebook and much bigger communities.

Even the Wiki definition is clear what it means outside of the US.
Guppeth wrote:The staff are really, really bad at communicating rule changes. The C word rule was posted in the previous version of this thread, and this thread is buried out of sight. I think they intentionally try to limit the volume of feedback they receive, especially about contentious issues, because when we've asked about making this thread more visible it's been totally ignored.

Knowledge of the C word ban has mostly spread by word of mouth, and by seeing people get banned like today.
ShapeGSX wrote:Context matters. Doling out bans because a word was used without taking any context into account is beyond childish.

Then there's the fact that context is actually used to determine some bans, but not others, depending on the word that was used is ridiculous. Be consistent. Either ban words outright and treat everyone equally or use the context everywhere and treat people fairly. Personally, I'm for the 2nd one.
so if you are a man and larp as a woman, on era you are allowed to say cunt, according to the cunts
Quote:Compounding this matter, we have had a very unfortunate forced-culture war in the past two-three years, spearheaded by rightwing media and JK Rowling to attack trans women's rights and dignity of life (the existence of trans men always ignored for... reasons).
Good example of how they don't even know what Joanne said.
Persephone got unbanned now.
(07-02-2024, 01:46 PM)benji wrote: Persephone is a female, she used to be a scolding feminist as her "personality", she's the one who created the "nobody should say female" thread way back in the early days and also started the women criticize threads. Then she became non-binary to show she's not like the other girls so you know she's better. But like all non-binaries they exist on a sliding scale form where what they identify as depends on their opportunity to scold others for social power. Hence why she's forgetting she's non-binary and saying she's both binary and a woman so gets to do what she wants.

Are you suggesting that sometimes RE is inconsistent?
(07-02-2024, 01:59 PM)benji wrote:
(07-02-2024, 01:54 PM)Steven Snell wrote: Huh really? Seen a few users basically hint it's a trans woman. Both in the Starmer thread and constructive community.
"Non-binary" is "trans" even though this is another thing that doesn't make sense under the premises of their ideology.

I clicked on the PinkNews article about TERF bitch Kieran, and one of the suggested articles was about a trans athlete qualifying for the Olympics at the US Track and Field trials. I was skeptical so I clicked on it. It turns out it's a lesbian lady, a bit "tomboyish", who now identify as non-binary and trans. But AFAIK, she's not transitioning in any way, as it would disqualify her from elite sports I reckon. So I guess "trans" and "non-binary" are used as synonyms in this case? ???
I'm quite confused so I guess I'll have to DM Tyrant.
(07-02-2024, 02:10 PM)Steven Snell wrote: Persephone got unbanned now.
The system works. Jeb
(07-02-2024, 02:14 PM)PogiJones wrote: Are you suggesting that sometimes RE is inconsistent?
No, they're very consistent. And transparently so.
"Please please please let us say cunt so we can call that cunt JKR one!!"
(07-02-2024, 02:15 PM)benji wrote: No, they're very consistent. And trans

Hesright

Quote:parent

Cracker! Social Justice Warrior
aparently the ban is removed

it seem like they cannot even follow their own rule:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-policy-update-log-5-22-update-florida-gifs-are-banned-in-sensitive-political-threads.709904/

Quote:As of today we are implementing new policies to curb the use of the word "cunt" on the site.

How
Before we start issuing bans for use of the word, we will be actioning users with warnings (minus threadbans unless deemed appropriate) until April 1st. Said warnings can be seen as a tap on the shoulder in order to prime members for the new guidelines. Then the below banning guidelines will take effect.

Users will be actioned using the following general guidelines (for exceptions see the next section)
- Using it towards a public figure will result in a 1 week ban if said public figure is a man; 2 weeks if the public figure is a woman
- Using it towards another user will result in a 2 week ban, a month or more if the targeted user is a woman

Exceptions
These are merely guidelines and context will dictate if staff go above or below these stated ban lengths. For example, women members of the site will not be actioned as harshly for not following these guidelines. The reason for that is simply the misogynistic use and history of the term, and as such women users have a right to reclaim it. Again it is going to come down to the context of how the word is used.

Why?
This is possibly the most contentious word that has been argued over behind scenes, for years at this point. It generates both reports and argumentative feedback, which we have not been able to handle with consistency. That changes now.

The simple fact of the matter is that the word "cunt" is a misogynistic and gendered slur against women, as well as those perceived/treated by society as women. At best people can and have argued that it's a very emotionally charged expletive. Some will say it isn't a slur or not so charged in certain regions of the English speaking sphere. However after years of internal debate and insight from relevant staff we have finally decided that this is a word we want to see less of on the forum. Previous internal debates led to us being inconsistent in how we have moderated use of the word, which we are rectifying with this policy update. These new guidelines are being carved in the public record for both the benefit you (users) and us (staff). We stand by our decision and this is not up for debate. Feedback is welcome but this is not a dialog for future policy.

"But [word] is allowed and not moderated."
While we are coming down on the use of "cunt" now, this does not mean we will not create nor alter policy regarding other words we find too objectionable or harmful to minorities members of the site. No, this is not an opportunity to suggest words you would like to see actioned on the site. Again, this is a statement of policy and not a dialog for future policy. Inflammatory whataboutism posts will be moderated accordingly.

Sincerely,
ResetEra Staff

So persepwhateverthefuck is a "woman" (edit: according to benji, a real woman) and used it against a public figure that is a man. staff banned them for 1 week, according to their OWN RULES.

Now they unbanned them beccause person of gender mafia era is bitching again
Kyuuji and Co really got b dumbs by the balls, this is incredible lol I hope that thread fills up with cunts, real and synthetic, posting the word Cunt to test it out