Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
(07-24-2024, 10:34 PM)Besticus Maximus wrote: Everything worthwhile is being destroyed we've all had our edgelord ATV pensioner murdering phase

Ummm, it's called "a little chaos" sweaty...
(07-24-2024, 11:47 PM)kaleidoscopium wrote:
zeovgm wrote:While you're absolutely not wrong that a trans person is more likely to face consequences than a cis person, this isn't comparable to what happened with James Gunn.

Gunn got in trouble for disgusting, edgelord tweets that he had already publicly spoken about and apologized for, years before controversy. Ava was actually being inappropriate with a minor.

They're very different situations. If Gunn was caught being inappropriate with minors in a DM or something, it's very unlikely that he would have been hired by DC or rehired by Disney.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ava-kris-tyson-steps-down-from-all-things-mr-beast-after-old-messages-and-weird-behavior-unveiled.935043/page-2?post=126278223#post-126278223

He cannot resist defending the MCU even here lol

He would honestly pick the mcu over world peace and trump dying I fully believe
(07-24-2024, 10:50 PM)nachobro wrote: [Image: DWxx2Pc.png]
https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-politics-ot-2-what-can-be-unburdened-by-what-has-been.933294/post-126274164

young people? you're all 30-40+ year old shut ins!

"You're only as old as the child you're feeling...or something."

--Resetera
(07-24-2024, 11:13 PM)kaleidoscopium wrote: Am I crazy or is there no thread on the insane protest in DC from the hamas supporters? 

Maybe they’re ignoring it and pretending it’s all peaceful like last time

JonesiiiFromTheMoon wrote:The lack of a thread about the event is kind of surprising. Like it's pretty big news that a genocidal international criminal gave a speech and our leaders just fucking clap? The way folks in the political thread speak about folks angry about this fills me with so much disappointment and ire but at this point I should let be surprised but eh, it's my fault for expecting people to be better.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/israel-palestine-the-ongoing-israeli-genocide-in-gaza-icj-orders-halt-to-israeli-offensive-on-rafah-see-staff-posts-for-posting-guidelines.772478/page-369?post=126278592#post-126278592

make it happen Applause
Make the thread and watch B-dubs shut it down within the hour. Then the fireworks begin.  Popcorn
https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-politics-ot-2-what-can-be-unburdened-by-what-has-been.933294/page-80?post=126277557#post-126277557

Fnor wrote:You don't need to delve into conspiracy theories gets. SJP is if not explicitly antisemitic, run by confirmed and proud antisemites. Many of the protests are explicitly pro-Hamas and several have celebrated their recent terrorist attack. Stepping back, "River to the sea" and ranting about Zionists are not far off that mark; claiming that Israel, a country that neighboring Arab states forcibly expelled Jews to, should not exist is literally advocating for genocide. Where are those people supposed to go? I'm sure it'll work itself out, that's been the Jewish experience historically.

The plight of the Palestinian people is a worthy cause. Israel's government has committed terrible war crimes and should be held accountable. But let's not make saints out of groups cheering for the genocidal terrorists just because they're our genocidal terrorists, or hand-wave some extreme bullshit by plugging our ears and yelling "settler-colonial state!" As if labeling something as bad absolves us from the real consequences of our advocacy; in the same way Hamas being terrible and Israel's government being terrible don't absolve either of the heinous things they've done.

So yes, there are useful idiots among and even prominently involved in the protests. There's a whole gradient of people involved from virtuous to foul. They may not be The Movement but they are integral parts of the protests and pretending that shit exists in some parallel universe that is ethically disconnected from the "true protests" is ridiculous. The pro-Palestinian group doesn't have a monopoly on virtue and the pro-Israel group doesn't have a monopoly on vice.

Don't start fucking pearl clutching over some clapping over certain protestors when that group includes leaders publicly fantasizing about killing Jews.
Hesright
(07-25-2024, 12:12 AM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-politics-ot-2-what-can-be-unburdened-by-what-has-been.933294/page-80?post=126277557#post-126277557

Fnor wrote:You don't need to delve into conspiracy theories gets. SJP is if not explicitly antisemitic, run by confirmed and proud antisemites. Many of the protests are explicitly pro-Hamas and several have celebrated their recent terrorist attack. Stepping back, "River to the sea" and ranting about Zionists are not far off that mark; claiming that Israel, a country that neighboring Arab states forcibly expelled Jews to, should not exist is literally advocating for genocide. Where are those people supposed to go? I'm sure it'll work itself out, that's been the Jewish experience historically.

The plight of the Palestinian people is a worthy cause. Israel's government has committed terrible war crimes and should be held accountable. But let's not make saints out of groups cheering for the genocidal terrorists just because they're our genocidal terrorists, or hand-wave some extreme bullshit by plugging our ears and yelling "settler-colonial state!" As if labeling something as bad absolves us from the real consequences of our advocacy; in the same way Hamas being terrible and Israel's government being terrible don't absolve either of the heinous things they've done.

So yes, there are useful idiots among and even prominently involved in the protests. There's a whole gradient of people involved from virtuous to foul. They may not be The Movement but they are integral parts of the protests and pretending that shit exists in some parallel universe that is ethically disconnected from the "true protests" is ridiculous. The pro-Palestinian group doesn't have a monopoly on virtue and the pro-Israel group doesn't have a monopoly on vice.

Don't start fucking pearl clutching over some clapping over certain protestors when that group includes leaders publicly fantasizing about killing Jews.
Hesright

HamasEra will ignore and report this.
2 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Taco Bell Tower
[Image: DP7x2Up.png]

[Image: QQjTGwa.png]

[Image: v9WsQQw.png]

[Image: f7RkSpI.png]

[Image: A37DLG7.png]
https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-politics-ot-2-what-can-be-unburdened-by-what-has-been.933294/page-83

they are just so corny
He was PUSHED out. RIDE WITH BIDEN!
2 users liked this post: LoverOfCycles, Taco Bell Tower
(07-25-2024, 12:12 AM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-politics-ot-2-what-can-be-unburdened-by-what-has-been.933294/page-80?post=126277557#post-126277557

Hesright

In response to this:

Volimar wrote:
Quote:When protestors write "Hamas is comin" on monuments in DC, I can see why you would think they were being useful idiots for terrorists. Just saw that on the news.

Protestors need to keep that shit from happening and tarring the whole movement.

That's some real backwards B energy, but it's also pretty dumb that protesters have to police each other to avoid the broad brush.

Tom Nook says wrote:I don't wanna be too conspiratorial, but we saw things like undercover cops dressed as protesters busting out windows during the BLM protests. You can't discount those kinds of tactics happening in any protest from people who aren't actually on your side.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-politics-ot-2-what-can-be-unburdened-by-what-has-been.933294/post-126276327

I'm going to use one of REs favorite words here. This is fucking gaslighting.
[Image: Screenshot-20240724-192730-Chrome.jpg]

Oh bluesky uguu
https://www.resetera.com/threads/biscuit-basin-at-yellowstone-national-park-has-been-closed-due-to-localized-hydro-thermal-explosion.935082/page-2?post=126246801#post-126246801

Lady Dimitrescu wrote:
vacantseas wrote:No, this does not mean the supervolcano is going to erupt.
😔 I wanted an excuse not to go to work. Then again Capitalism would demand that we all work during the apocalypse, that's what's missing from Mad Max, people being made to go to work everyday despite it being post nuclear the apocalypse.

Melody Shreds wrote:Have you seen Mad Max?
There's both regular work and lots of slavery going on.
(Also nice name change~)

Lady Dimitrescu wrote:That's just modern capitalism today...

I'm talking more the later films rather than the original, which seemed to be set just in an almost normal Australia.

Lady Dimitrescu wrote:Ah I'm talking about the literal slavery that goes on for certain products we use in our consumer electronics, such as cobalt mines. 😥

Melody Shreds wrote:I'm aware and that is awful. Sorry for making a dumb joke out of it.
Why?
Quote:When I was a teenager I was extremely racist, sexist, and homophobic

Was? I need proof they've changed.
(07-25-2024, 12:33 AM)HaughtyFrank wrote:

Hesright

In response to this:

Volimar wrote:
Quote:When protestors write "Hamas is comin" on monuments in DC, I can see why you would think they were being useful idiots for terrorists. Just saw that on the news.

Protestors need to keep that shit from happening and tarring the whole movement.

That's some real backwards B energy, but it's also pretty dumb that protesters have to police each other to avoid the broad brush.

Tom Nook says wrote:I don't wanna be too conspiratorial, but we saw things like undercover cops dressed as protesters busting out windows during the BLM protests. You can't discount those kinds of tactics happening in any protest from people who aren't actually on your side.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-politics-ot-2-what-can-be-unburdened-by-what-has-been.933294/post-126276327

I mean… of course you should have to police your movement??? Its true of any organization or cause anywhere. To use a relevant-to-Era example, it’s exactly why the gay rights movement told NAMBLA to fuck off decades ago. You can’t just assert you’re making some valid, critical point, while simultaneously shrugging your shoulders whenever someone who wears your cause like a badge goes off the reservation. The only thing “pretty dumb” here is suggesting  it could be otherwise.

But look at me, lecturing Era from the safety of A Known Hate Site.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/time-donald-trump-told-his-nephew-fred-that-freds-disabled-son-should-just-die.935856/page-2?post=126268944#post-126268944
Volimar wrote:After months of people here and elsewhere taking ableist jabs at both Biden and Trump, the sudden caring about it when it comes from Trump feels a little hollow.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/time-donald-trump-told-his-nephew-fred-that-freds-disabled-son-should-just-die.935856/page-3?post=126269439#post-126269439
Volimar wrote:
dennett316 wrote:There's a bit of a difference between pointing out the cognitive decline of two old men and saying that disabled people should just die because they're a waste of resources. Huge difference. Especially when that cognitive decline is detrimental to the running of a nuclear super power.
Well first, I'm not talking about cognitive decline though while we're on that it's offensive to diagnose someone when you don't have the credentials to do it, and no doctor worth their salt would ever diagnose someone without examining him. But let's move on. In this very thread you have a "shits himself" post about Trump. It's always funny to make fun of the differently abled and give no thought to the everyday struggles of diabled members that have to see those struggles used for quick jabs. That's just one kind of joke that people have been using in every thread based on Trump or Biden. Instead of attacking their policies, people attack their stutters or their incontinence. It's ridiculous.

But by all means, let's have people dogpile the disabled guy for pointing out months of insults and jokes that no able bodied person gives a second thought to.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/time-donald-trump-told-his-nephew-fred-that-freds-disabled-son-should-just-die.935856/page-3?post=126271827#post-126271827
Volimar wrote:
Morrigan wrote:That post was clearly pointing out Trump's hypocrisy when it comes to his ableism...
And using ableism to do it. Got em!

https://www.resetera.com/threads/time-donald-trump-told-his-nephew-fred-that-freds-disabled-son-should-just-die.935856/page-3?post=126279183#post-126279183
Volima wrote:
dennett316 wrote:No one is diagnosing them with anything, people have noticed their obvious problems with maintaining focus and forming their thoughts. It was clear in their debate and has been a talking point for months. It's not ableist to question the capabilities of the person running the country (or the guy with ambitions of running it again). As public servants of the highest level they have certain standards attached to them. Similar concerns were expressed with Ronald Reagan when he was in a decline.

People disagreeing with a post you made isn't a dog pile. I was disagreeing with your post and had no idea you were disabled. Throwing out that shit at the end in an effort to guilt me is really just kind of shitty. My mother is disabled and I wouldn't target you, or any other disabled person, with anything regarding your disability. Your opinion is another matter. Questioning a possible cognitive decline is, again, different than someone mocking Biden's stutter or mocking a disability. Conflating the two is, I feel, disingenuous.
I'm sorry I hurt your feelings by complaining about the massive amount of ableism I've seen here and elsewhere over the years. It's not like I'm the only one who noticed. We've literally had threads about this.

When ResetEra first started it was billed as a safe space for everyone, but right from the start you could go anywhere, especially on gaming side and see ableist slurs and insults. When I and others complained we were told that that was how gamers talk and they didn't mean anything by it. Imagine people saying that to any other marginalized group. That they had to put up with it because that's just how people were. Eventually after constantly complaining it became a warning, and finally when I was a mod we got them to give a 3 day ban for it when any other kind of bigoted slur was punished with a month ban and a final warning. Years later, what are we up to? The most I've seen recently was a two week ban.

In the meantime I've had to sit through people going on and on with their ableism, largely unpunished when it went to people who "we" don't like. Whether it was Crenshaw's eye patch or Abbot and Cawthorne's wheelchair, the jokes and insults abounded. To say nothing of the Dementia Joe rhetoric that went unpunished for months in the 2020 election season and even in the former ResetEra staff discord I had people pushing the garbage arguments. I've had the current events channel there muted ever since. Trump is just the latest in a long line of our concerns being ignored.

The point in my saying that I'm disabled wasn't as a gotcha or a guilt trip, it was because when any other marginalized person on this site aside from the disabled voices their concerns about things that impact them, people at least claim to take it to heart. But when a disabled person tried to get people to take the concerns around ableism seriously, they're accused of grandstanding and pearl clutching.
Hit dog shits itself. lol
I just want to know where the Resetera scoreboard is at, because most (not all) members seem to just exist to score points on zingers, and what about isms. There's nothing being discussed. These hyenas wait for a comment to pounce. They have nothing to discuss on their own; they're essentially gay republicans.
(07-25-2024, 01:25 AM)DavidCroquet wrote:
(07-25-2024, 12:33 AM)HaughtyFrank wrote:

Hesright

In response to this:

Volimar wrote:That's some real backwards B energy, but it's also pretty dumb that protesters have to police each other to avoid the broad brush.

I mean… of course you should have to police your movement??? Its true of any organization or cause anywhere. To use a relevant-to-Era example, it’s exactly why the gay rights movement told NAMBLA to fuck off decades ago. You can’t just assert you’re making some valid, critical point, while simultaneously shrugging your shoulders whenever someone who wears your cause like a badge goes off the reservation. The only thing “pretty dumb” here is suggesting  it could be otherwise.

But look at me, lecturing Era from the safety of A Known Hate Site.

They love the "if there's one Nazi in a bar and doesn't get kicked out it's a Nazi bar" analogy in every other circumstance except this one. I guess it's another one of those cases where they never imagined this standard would be applied to themselves
(07-25-2024, 12:37 AM)Jansen wrote: [Image: Screenshot-20240724-192730-Chrome.jpg]

Oh bluesky uguu

Jesús Christ, dude is fucked hard in the head. Dunno if I should feel sorry or appalled.
Twohearts is going to slowly become the next Pamperchu.  Gloomy
4 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, kaleidoscopium, books, LoverOfCycles
(07-25-2024, 01:02 AM)books wrote:
Quote:When I was a teenager I was extremely racist, sexist, and homophobic

Was? I need proof they've changed.

I like how he closed that thought with, "we all were."  Yeah bro, other 20 year olds got their political beliefs from southpark instead of following the news and forming their own.  

But it's Era so they were just eating whatever shit was fed them until they started voting in their 30's during 2012
(07-24-2024, 02:24 PM)nachobro wrote: [Image: NwXUCcN.png]
https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-politics-ot-2-what-can-be-unburdened-by-what-has-been.933294/post-126254472
(07-24-2024, 02:56 PM)DavidCroquet wrote:
plagiarize wrote:LOVE having you back.
This thread isn't representative of the rest of the country, yadda yadda yadda... but to see this thread optimistic and energized again is really putting wind in my sails the last few days.
(07-24-2024, 05:10 PM)nachobro wrote: [Image: w8HzLGJ.png]
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ava-kris-tyson-steps-down-from-all-things-mr-beast-after-old-messages-and-weird-behavior-unveiled.935043/post-126259692
(07-24-2024, 05:26 PM)Taco Bell Tower wrote:
Quote:100% bet there's a bunch of transphobes somewhere on a right wing forum or message board, that in a few years come to a realisation they're trans and deconstruct all the shit they said because they felt too afraid to come out and lose the safety of which patriarchal society and their peers offer.
(07-24-2024, 11:24 PM)Boredfrom wrote:
Finale Fireworker wrote:When I was a teenager I was extremely racist, sexist, and homophobic and 100% of my political views were derived from South Park. This was true for basically every young man in my age group and for a lot of the women who didn't interrogate their beliefs in order to date these men. I didn't start to get better until my 20s. I grew up in two blue states.

So it's hard for me to imagine it's worse now than it was then. It just seems pretty normal to me to think most 18-22 year old men in particular are the worst versions of themselves that they'll ever be and still need to get better.
Counterpoint: no, you're stupid.
(07-24-2024, 06:02 PM)jooseloose wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/unique-situation-how-do-i-best-utilize-this-moment.935247/post-126255666
NothingLoud wrote:
Dervius wrote:Might be an uncharitable take but this thread feels like an opportunity to talk about the apparent success of your research, in which case fair play it seems like it's gone well, rather than actually looking for advice.

Why would an online gaming forum really have the kind of insight you need rather than others in your field, or higher ed. / research in general?

If you want to talk about your research in general, just do that. It's a reasonably positive place.
I was genuinely looking for what to do. Some people here are successful tech people, attorneys, paralegal, business, etc and thought maybe I'd ask because it's too sensitive to post on an open forum like Reddit and my friends and family don't know much about what to do here either.

I can usually talk about my research a bit here but I basically can't in this instance actually without immediately identifying myself lol.
Is that poster new?  lol

Can someone (benji) find out what this viral dissertation covered my numerous major media outlets is?
It's literally about shitting:
[Image: PlxM11O.png][Image: qe9fADM.png][Image: rAUvSSl.png]

I also note that he took his expected PhD date off his profile. This entire turn of events is the least unexpected thing ever, but at least he's got all that shitty lighting to enjoy.
(07-25-2024, 01:50 AM)Boredfrom wrote:
(07-25-2024, 12:37 AM)Jansen wrote: [Image: Screenshot-20240724-192730-Chrome.jpg]

Oh bluesky uguu

Jesús Christ, dude is fucked hard in the head. Dunno if I should feel sorry or appalled.

It probably says something about Resetera that they had a genuinely insane person who openly made insane posts and the mods thought it was all fine
(07-25-2024, 01:34 AM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/time-donald-trump-told-his-nephew-fred-that-freds-disabled-son-should-just-die.935856/page-2?post=126268944#post-126268944
Volimar wrote:After months of people here and elsewhere taking ableist jabs at both Biden and Trump, the sudden caring about it when it comes from Trump feels a little hollow.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/time-donald-trump-told-his-nephew-fred-that-freds-disabled-son-should-just-die.935856/page-3?post=126269439#post-126269439
Volimar wrote:
dennett316 wrote:There's a bit of a difference between pointing out the cognitive decline of two old men and saying that disabled people should just die because they're a waste of resources. Huge difference. Especially when that cognitive decline is detrimental to the running of a nuclear super power.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/time-donald-trump-told-his-nephew-fred-that-freds-disabled-son-should-just-die.935856/page-3?post=126271827#post-126271827
Volimar wrote:[quote=Morrigan ]That post was clearly pointing out Trump's hypocrisy when it comes to his ableism...
And using ableism to do it. Got em!

https://www.resetera.com/threads/time-donald-trump-told-his-nephew-fred-that-freds-disabled-son-should-just-die.935856/page-3?post=126279183#post-126279183
Volima wrote:
dennett316 wrote:No one is diagnosing them with anything, people have noticed their obvious problems with maintaining focus and forming their thoughts. It was clear in their debate and has been a talking point for months. It's not ableist to question the capabilities of the person running the country (or the guy with ambitions of running it again). As public servants of the highest level they have certain standards attached to them. Similar concerns were expressed with Ronald Reagan when he was in a decline.

People disagreeing with a post you made isn't a dog pile. I was disagreeing with your post and had no idea you were disabled. Throwing out that shit at the end in an effort to guilt me is really just kind of shitty. My mother is disabled and I wouldn't target you, or any other disabled person, with anything regarding your disability. Your opinion is another matter. Questioning a possible cognitive decline is, again, different than someone mocking Biden's stutter or mocking a disability. Conflating the two is, I feel, disingenuous.
I'm sorry I hurt your feelings by complaining about the massive amount of ableism I've seen here and elsewhere over the years. It's not like I'm the only one who noticed. We've literally had threads about this.

When ResetEra first started it was billed as a safe space for everyone, but right from the start you could go anywhere, especially on gaming side and see ableist slurs and insults. When I and others complained we were told that that was how gamers talk and they didn't mean anything by it. Imagine people saying that to any other marginalized group. That they had to put up with it because that's just how people were. Eventually after constantly complaining it became a warning, and finally when I was a mod we got them to give a 3 day ban for it when any other kind of bigoted slur was punished with a month ban and a final warning. Years later, what are we up to? The most I've seen recently was a two week ban.

In the meantime I've had to sit through people going on and on with their ableism, largely unpunished when it went to people who "we" don't like. Whether it was Crenshaw's eye patch or Abbot and Cawthorne's wheelchair, the jokes and insults abounded. To say nothing of the Dementia Joe rhetoric that went unpunished for months in the 2020 election season and even in the former ResetEra staff discord I had people pushing the garbage arguments. I've had the current events channel there muted ever since. Trump is just the latest in a long line of our concerns being ignored.

The point in my saying that I'm disabled wasn't as a gotcha or a guilt trip, it was because when any other marginalized person on this site aside from the disabled voices their concerns about things that impact them, people at least claim to take it to heart. But when a disabled person tried to get people to take the concerns around ableism seriously, they're accused of grandstanding and pearl clutching.
Hit dog shits itself. lol

As someone who has been disabled for years and is now getting worse I find it hilarious that they can't just let words they see online go.

I wonder what kind of "disability" they actually have.
(07-24-2024, 05:10 PM)nachobro wrote: [Image: w8HzLGJ.png]
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ava-kris-tyson-steps-down-from-all-things-mr-beast-after-old-messages-and-weird-behavior-unveiled.935043/post-126259692
Sure, sure, sure, let's deconstruct some of this. So insecure men who feel they don't measure up to a masculine ideal are losing the safety of patriarchal society by choosing to identify out of masculinity without changing anything about themselves and are deliberately choosing to identify into oppression which is something you can do because of an inherent fear that the gender norms they've adopted are in fact correct and they fail to meet them. And we absolutely cannot empirically show that these men who made prior deliberate extreme behavior choices to obtain localized social power are currently obtaining localized social power by again shifting their personalities to meet what they perceive as others expectations of them while being aggressive in establishing their bonafides and desired social status within that group.

Now, the patriarchy part is an interesting one that we should also deconstruct since we're deconstructing and all. But rather than just elide what words mean and say things that cause emotional reactions deconstruction requires us to ask what would a patriarchy produce? Well, obviously a social/moral/cultural code about gender roles. And so, a trans person would not be rejecting that code, they would be inverting it, the social code tells them to be a man by shoving their dick into things, but insecure in their dick shoving they instead choose to identify into the role of another gender. Now shoving their girldick into things they haven't actually escaped the patriarchy or denied it, they have reified its gender roles by literally publicly announcing their brave and stunning acceptance of the "lesser" role.

Naturally, we have an pretty clear idea of what rejecting the patriarchal code actually would look like and that's saying a man doesn't have to be John Wayne, he can be Bobby Hill. And a woman doesn't have to be Marilyn Monroebot, she can be Kamala Harris or Morrigan. That is by accepting your sex but denying the meaning of gender, which is the opposite of what trans people do. Indeed, non-binary aren't rejecting the "gender binary" either, they're asserting the truth of it so they can proclaim themselves alone outside of it. (Which is of course, itself a binary. About gender.)

Gender identity is ideological support for patriarchy. It's not just assuming patriarchy but saying that it is correct as its first premise. It's not denying or undermining the power of the theorized hegemonic force, it's attempting to leverage it for personal individual ends. Exactly as "masking" was. So you're entirely correct in your theorizing but just not in the way you intended because you never intended anyone to actually take your claims seriously at more than a superficial level. Probably because you don't entirely perceive other people as people rather than simple automatons.

Lastly, I find your description of this transphobe deconstructing into "realizing they're trans" to sound less like someone applying critical thinking to patriarchy and more like spiritual revelation. I'm not saying someone who doesn't accept the trans premises can't rationally come to accept them but I can't see how they'd do it in any logical manner.
Lady dimestru is a pedophile. Or associates with pedophiles.
(07-24-2024, 11:24 PM)Boredfrom wrote:
Finale Fireworker wrote:When I was a teenager I was extremely racist, sexist, and homophobic and 100% of my political views were derived from South Park.
Not very well since the central theme of South Park is tolerance.

Again, I note that these conversation Born Again stories never say how the person learned to change and how they approach things differently now. They just say they did and now they're better so you should listen to them even as they tell you they used to be stupid, didn't do any critical thinking and just said whatever they thought would be popular. Don't you want to be saved too?
To connect those two posts, they really think it makes perfect sense to other people to completely throw out every belief you hold on a dime to adopt an entirely new set of them across the board about every subject in every way. When this is not how actually changing your mind works. It's how revelation does though!
(07-25-2024, 02:42 AM)books wrote: Lady dimestru is a pedophile. Or associates with pedophiles.

Dead name them: tyrant t002 The amphetamine freak
https://www.resetera.com/threads/israel-palestine-the-ongoing-israeli-genocide-in-gaza-icj-orders-halt-to-israeli-offensive-on-rafah-see-staff-posts-for-posting-guidelines.772478/post-126284736
Quote:I needed to come in here and read some comments because quite frankly the way it's being talked about in the other threads is genuinely infuriating.

Like people do not have a right to be genuinely angry about this and voice that rage?

Give me a fucking break.
Quote:What other threads?
Reeeeee