Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
I can't believe the one minority status that can just be claimed is being abused by bad actors. Who could've seen this coming!?
(07-27-2024, 05:13 PM)HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth wrote:
(07-27-2024, 04:35 PM)Nintex wrote: Nepenthes freedom fighting friends of Hezbollah just bombed a soccer field in Israel killing many complicit colonists.

Fixed.

The victims are apparently Druze.

From Wikipedia:
Quote:Israeli Druze or Druze Israelis (Arabic: الدروز الإسرائيليون; Hebrew: דְּרוּזִים יִשְׂרְאֵלִים) are an ethnoreligious minority among the Arab citizens of Israel.[2] They maintain Arabic language and culture as integral parts of their identity, and Arabic is their primary language.[3][4]

Another triumph against apartheid.
(07-27-2024, 06:16 AM)benji wrote:
Quote:I doubt Biden would ever consider it, but should the worse come to pass and the GOP succeeds in their fuckery with or without the assistance of SCOTUS, the nuclear option would be to suspend the constitution. Trump absolutely would if the situation was reversed, he was screaming about it after the midterms and probably only didn't the first time because no one had mentioned it to him.

It'd be an unmitigated disaster, but arguably better than surrendering because only one side is bound by the rules.
I reluctantly went into check and not a single person in PoliEra even responded to this insanity. Plenty of posts handwringing about Trump stealing the election so he can try to end democracy, zero care about the people in the thread arguing in favor of ending it. lol 

(07-27-2024, 11:07 AM)Snoopy wrote:
Kensington Avenue wrote:Where anyone even hitting centrist I'd be wary of and consider them a potential danger to be around.
Danger of what? Disagreeing with you about something?
Why the fuck is Moist Kritical defending child transitioning lol
2 users liked this post: D3RANG3D, Taco Bell Tower
Trying to walk it back saying he meant going to doctors while a child and when of age being fine with cutting their junk off. That's not at all what it sounded like during the "DEBATE", but alright.  lol
2 users liked this post: D3RANG3D, Taco Bell Tower
https://www.resetera.com/threads/apparently-theres-a-decent-ipod-classic-scene-theses-mods-restorations-etc.938505/

What is this?
2 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower
Quote:The pros for iPods is that there are distraction free devices
Quote:Yeah, my boyfriend and I have both been considering jumping on this trend. As you mentioned, these things are completely distraction free and that's a huge selling point for us.
Quote:I have all my songs and playlists on my phone too. But the total lack of adverts, notifications, or intrusions on my iPod makes me want to take that with me.
Quote:I really, REALLY miss being able to flip iPods with a friend for a day and have a whole new library to listen to and also know so much about that person's tastes. We've lost the personalization of our personal devices.
Wut
(07-27-2024, 07:27 PM)killamajig wrote:
(07-27-2024, 07:10 PM)HaughtyFrank wrote:
(07-27-2024, 06:26 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/police-officer-kicks-and-stamps-on-mans-head-at-manchester-airport.936846/?post=126392604#post-126392604

Popcorn

Suddenly "fuck around and find out" doesn't apply anymore. 

It's so strange to me how RE can be outraged by the cop kicking the guy right after the guy assaulted him but will at the same time condone a guy getting punched to death for dropping the n-word. It's not like they're actually pacifists, they constantly try to convince people of how amazing violence is to get things done.

And from what I can see on that blurry footage that guy was whooping the cop pretty hard. Wasn't just some shove to the back. That guy was going all out. And the fact that they had the whole family running around pushing and pulling officers. That was a chaotic scene to say the least.

Sucker punching the cop from behind is fine to these people apparently.
(07-27-2024, 07:58 PM)Alpacx wrote:
(07-27-2024, 05:13 PM)HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth wrote:
(07-27-2024, 04:35 PM)Nintex wrote: Nepenthes freedom fighting friends of Hezbollah just bombed a soccer field in Israel killing many complicit colonists.

Fixed.

The victims are apparently Druze.

From Wikipedia:
Quote:Israeli Druze or Druze Israelis (Arabic: الدروز الإسرائيليون; Hebrew: דְּרוּזִים יִשְׂרְאֵלִים) are an ethnoreligious minority among the Arab citizens of Israel.[2] They maintain Arabic language and culture as integral parts of their identity, and Arabic is their primary language.[3][4]

Another triumph against apartheid.
Quote:Leader of the Druze community:  “I give a 4-hour warning to the state to respond (strike Lebanon) or we lift responsibility and control the event!”

Just hang on he's kinda busy right now

3 users liked this post: Alpacx, Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower
https://www.resetera.com/threads/donald-trump-suffers-ear-wound-at-pennsylvania-rally-in-probable-assassination-attempt-story-developing.926754/page-127?post=126367173#post-126367173
Quote:My kid messed with our radio on a restroom break on a trip. And some disembodied voice asked another vapidity if Trump had any chance with Swifties. Yes was the answer, because his ear got hurt.
They care more about Trump than Ava controversy.
(07-27-2024, 01:06 PM)DavidCroquet wrote:
(07-27-2024, 12:31 PM)Uncle wrote:
(07-27-2024, 06:12 AM)benji wrote: Oh, yeah, it's just a button to jump to these posts one after another. I see what you're saying about threadmarks because usually you can see what they are before clicking. Sometimes people in threads will make a list of posts. Wu's OP used to just be a long list of links to posts with info, I think Zoe Quinn's is still like this. lol

I remember when you were banned from the bire discord for defending kiwi as having a right to exist doggy 

I think it started as just momo's random discord that eventually bores filtered into, at one point early on cream was in there posting nudes

eventually they decided to go insular and banned everyone who was suspicious and/or never posted, so Trumps
I love these lil peeps into Bire history. I only heard about this place back when ya’ll were “endangering mods”…such an innocent, bygone time that was.

At first I thought a forum dedicated exclusively to mocking Nepenthe was too good to be true, but look at me now!

You can take the former Resetera mod out of Resetera, but you can't take the Resetera out of the former Resetera mod...or something. 

Anyway, shosta is a little bitch and the dog mod cuck bastard can go fuck himself and play in his little sandpit with the rest of the retards.
3 users liked this post: Nintex, Taco Bell Tower, Gameboy Nostalgia
(07-27-2024, 11:36 AM)Uncle wrote:
(07-27-2024, 04:57 AM)Boredfrom wrote: Again, I wish KiwiFarms was not so awful to read so I could get more about the Ava stuff. The weird religious bend some posters there are doing is also pretty WTF, the same happened with the Rickieta thread.

that's the tax

you don't get encyclopedic documentation of horrible people without the social incentive of shock humor, hot takes, zingers and the like economy

if they banned the n-word tomorrow, you suddenly lose half the audience willing to screenshot everything these people say and do

I can take the slurs, the 40’s year old edgelords that think that “Nate Higgers” username is witty and Null BPD making him fight for stupid shit. Is just the not called off hypocrisy that gets me, like the dudes bitching about degenerates watching “Clockwork Orange” while posting in a Troll forum that host (used to?) some out there images and photos from idiots or users that complain about Rieketa wasn’t the wholesome family man he painted himself to be while  seeing him for years, even before he got sex crazy, getting drunk in camera.

But whatever, I just miss the time when shock humor was somehow more “authentic”… before the dark times… before Obama’s second term. Awesome ( Willam ) Awesome ( Ellen )
Ree are all about ACAB and punching Nazis until they spot a Trump sign in someone’s yard. Then they’re all running home and calling the cops.
I know we all love Kamala (even if she refuses to oppose genocide and instead attacks those fighting to end it) but I can't help but wonder if Biden shouldn't seize absolute power, abolish the other branches and establish a hereditary dynasty before Trump possibly wins. Anyone who wishes to respond, please don't put me in potential danger by being centrist about this.
Why not. It worked for North Korea.
(07-27-2024, 08:45 PM)Potato wrote: You can take the former Resetera mod out of Resetera, but you can't take the Resetera out of the former Resetera mod...or something. 

Anyway, shosta is a little bitch and the dog mod cuck bastard can go fuck himself and play in his little sandpit with the rest of the retards.

lmao damn i must have missed a lot while i was banned
2 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower
(07-27-2024, 08:15 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/apparently-theres-a-decent-ipod-classic-scene-theses-mods-restorations-etc.938505/

What is this?

Quote:The pros for iPods is that there are distraction free devices and since they don't support streaming services, you have be intentional about the music you load and listen, using iTunes, or other software.

Or we could just use self control and not use those functions on the phone we already have. 

Yes, I know reeee clearly has no concept of self control but a girl can dream, can't she?

Also, going back to mp3 players is such a dumb idea.  Derp
It's that fucking Nintendo post all over again with the guy that wanted the proprietary hard-to-find cables.
(07-27-2024, 12:31 PM)Uncle wrote:
(07-27-2024, 06:12 AM)benji wrote: Oh, yeah, it's just a button to jump to these posts one after another. I see what you're saying about threadmarks because usually you can see what they are before clicking. Sometimes people in threads will make a list of posts. Wu's OP used to just be a long list of links to posts with info, I think Zoe Quinn's is still like this. lol

I remember when you were banned from the bire discord for defending kiwi as having a right to exist doggy 

I think it started as just momo's random discord that eventually bores filtered into, at one point early on cream was in there posting nudes

eventually they decided to go insular and banned everyone who was suspicious and/or never posted, so Trumps
I love these lil peeps into Bire history. I only heard about this place back when ya’ll were “endangering mods”…such an innocent, bygone time that was.

At first I thought a forum dedicated exclusively to mocking Nepenthe was too good to be true, but look at me now!
This place has been around since 2006, believe it or not. It's a spin-off of a forum called Opa-Ages which is a spin-off of NeoGAF. 
As for this thread in particular, I'd say these past several years or so have been the best. The NeoGAF implosion from 2017 will probably never be topped just in terms of significance, unless Era implodes as well one day. But there's been so many great seasons since then; Cerium selling Era, the rise of the trans mafia, the entire Cyberpunk saga, Hogwarts, multiple Poli-Era genocides, plus lots of other great episodes over the years, too many to name. I don't do much forum posting these days but reading this thread when I have a little time to kill has kind of filled that shitposting void for me.
(07-27-2024, 09:40 PM)CHOW CHOW wrote:
(07-27-2024, 12:31 PM)Uncle wrote: I remember when you were banned from the bire discord for defending kiwi as having a right to exist doggy 

This place has been around since 2006, believe it or not. It's a spin-off of a forum called Opa-Ages which is a spin-off of NeoGAF. 
As for this thread in particular, I'd say these past several years or so have been the best. The NeoGAF implosion from 2017 will probably never be topped just in terms of significance, unless Era implodes as well one day. But there's been so many great seasons since then; Cerium selling Era, the rise of the trans mafia, the entire Cyberpunk saga, Hogwarts, multiple Poli-Era genocides, plus lots of other great episodes over the years, too many to name. I don't do much forum posting these days but reading this thread when I have a little time to kill has kind of filled that shitposting void for me.
dare I take this opportunity to ask: what is the deal with the Bire vs the Bore?
I'm missing the early bore history, and don't begrudge them for what their forum morphed into over time

it seems like the gaf collapse brought in a huge influx of people who only wanted to talk about that and the older users who were longtime IRL friends got their jimmies rustled, but then, half of them (along with the admin) liked the shitposting so it continued

I mean there was a post your nudes thread and vegas meetups, kind of an intimate friend group that got invaded by drama enjoyers who weren't interested in the community

definitely a schism in later years, especially exacerbated by how Obama -> Trump made literally everything political and nasty, and drew lines in the sand

but just from my experience, a lot of them were extremely bitter about people who just wanted to have fun (sounds like another group of people)
https://www.resetera.com/threads/elon-musks-trans-daughter-vivian-jenna-wilson-absolutely-eviscerates-him-on-threads-after-he-deadnames-and-misgenders-her-in-interview-and-twitter.937326/post-126378063
Quote:I think the interview with Peterson is the first time he actually talked about his daughter's transgenderism. You can tell it still keeps him up at night, to the point he finally wants to make it a public matter. Therefore I think he wants a response, but maybe not the one he now got.

Quote:Messy (of course)

I'd edit that as transgender identity rather than "transgenderism" which plays into the right wing belief that it's a disease.
the edit
Quote:I think the interview with Peterson is the first time he actually talked about his daughter's transgender. You can tell it still keeps him up at night, to the point he finally wants to make it a public matter. Therefore I think he wants a response, but maybe not the one he now got.
lol

RIP grammar
(07-27-2024, 09:54 PM)DavidCroquet wrote: dare I take this opportunity to ask: what is the deal with the Bire vs the Bore?

if you mean the literal word, someone at era once misspelled it and it was funny(??) so it continued

if you mean the fact that there are two sites

thebore started as evilbore poking fun at evilore, owner of neogaf, but it wasn't necessarily even malicious, he himself went there and shot the shit with people at times, but it was sort of a treehouse for banned gaffers and also just in general if you didn't want to be part of that forum and its moderation, it wasn't just about laughing at it and was its own community

thebore started dying a year ago (every other refresh didn't load, or pages loaded halfway, just actively deteriorating) and demi said he didn't care to keep limping it along so a new site was made, but then demi said psych I'll keep it going so it still exists kind of, but all the core users had migrated to a discord anyway to escape the "other forums thread users" (us shitposters) and discovered they liked the intimate and private setting better, so it's barely posted on now
(07-27-2024, 12:31 PM)Uncle wrote: I remember when you were banned from the bire discord for defending kiwi as having a right to exist doggy 

Amir0x pedo arrest and lore's response was also a fun time on the bore.
(07-27-2024, 09:54 PM)DavidCroquet wrote:
(07-27-2024, 01:06 PM)DavidCroquet wrote: I love these lil peeps into Bire history. I only heard about this place back when ya’ll were “endangering mods”…such an innocent, bygone time that was.

dare I take this opportunity to ask: what is the deal with the Bire vs the Bore?
It's from an ex-NeoGAF mod named Besada, who was notorious for his heavy-handed approach. Guy also weighed at minimum 350+ pounds. Anyway, when GAF imploded in 2017, there was a lot of secret underground Discord usage to setup its successor. There were some chat logs posted about it here and one of them had Besada warning the future mods of Era about this place. He mistyped it as The Bire and the rest is history.

(07-27-2024, 10:05 PM)Propagandhim wrote: Amir0x pedo arrest and lore's response was also a fun time on the bore.
How did I forget about that, an all-timer.
So she was a fan of Trump MOABing ISIS huh...

Sickos Zack Snyder's Sickos (Batman edition) OFFICIAL TEAM TRUMP SEAL OF QUALITY™
2 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, Gameboy Nostalgia
Uh-oh, HamasEra. How will you weasel your way out of this one?
3 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Taco Bell Tower, Alpacx
(07-27-2024, 10:08 PM)benji wrote:

It's astonishing how one person can hold such vast expertise over such diverse topics  Lawd
When will this cis nonsense ever end Not like this!