Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
HaughtyFrank dateline='[url=tel:1722188550' wrote: 1722188550[/url]']
jooseloose dateline='[url=tel:1722186224' wrote: 1722186224[/url]']
Dude's wife want's to play co-op games with him, but isn't very good at gaming. Dude posts a thread asking for recommendations: https://www.resetera.com/threads/training-my-wife-to-play-games.938922/

Era: "That thread title! oof yikes egregious gross y'all!"

Of course they lost their shit. Like if you want to say it's phrased a bit odd go on but they have to turn into a fucking three pages about the power dynamics of sexism

We could mock the OP for wording it weirdly… or we can take it seriously and bitch about it for three pages….
(07-28-2024, 05:42 PM)HaughtyFrank wrote:
(07-28-2024, 05:03 PM)jooseloose wrote: Dude's wife want's to play co-op games with him, but isn't very good at gaming. Dude posts a thread asking for recommendations: https://www.resetera.com/threads/training-my-wife-to-play-games.938922/

Of course they lost their shit. Like if you want to say it's phrased a bit odd go on but they have to turn into a fucking three pages about the power dynamics of sexism

Gaming side trolls are the best trolls.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/do-people-find-private-investigators-ethical-overall.938949/post-126431250
Quote:I was warned one may end up following me in the future, and it would kinda ruin my life. I wish I could do something about it.

I'm not doing anything sketchy or illegal, but someone I'm close to has been tracked by a very bad person.
Batmayne

Bonus APIAB
Quote:no. it's stalking. i guess a pi is less likely to do something to the person they're stalking as opposed to a normal stalking situation, but it's stalking.
Quote:sitting out side someone house and watching is not stalking in any way
Quote:Do that to a rich/famous person and the police wouldn't agree

I know they are trying to virtue signal real hard but what the fuck do you think paparazzi do? The rich and famous can't seem to get rid of them.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/rural-america-is-cash-strapped-and-in-need-of-workers.939069/post-126433518

Thread goes like you would expect but this one is pure Reeee....

Quote:Rural America had at least decades to change course, but they stubbornly refused. Instead, they'd rather believe the lies the GOP tells tell to make them feel better about not changing and sttagnating. All the while their towns continue to decay and young people continue to avoid like the plague or desperately try to escape from the second they turn 18.

I live in a rural area. There are 36,951 in my entire county. You can't tell me that's not rural.

Oh, would you look at this.......

[Image: 8w1cQlj.jpg]

So, how could this be happening, we vote Dem.? Thinking

This is one of those times I wish I had an account to post that. I know I would get banned for trolling or bad faith or whatever they would pull out of their asses. Can't have someone go against the "Resetera Established Narrative".
Quote:FliX 
I've been reading a lot of climate related literature recently. And the idea of just completely rewilding and abandoning vast swathes of land should be much more meaningfully discussed than it currently is.
Not just a few acres here and there. Entire states should be returned to nature.
Quote:Booshka
Indigenous ecologies and their land back demands essentially mention this, they should be rewilded, but managed by the people who were dispossessed by colonial expansion. The federal government needs to have a role for funding and resources but it really is pivotal to better manage our lands.

Also look into Ben Goldfarb and his work on Road Ecology, very fascinating how much damage our expansion of roads even into extremely remote areas has been.

Benji needs to read this. He always seems to think Booshka's ideas are crazy or something.

EDIT:
Quote:I live in small town Oklahoma and i love it here. Beautiful nature and nice people. Everything I need and a short drive to Tulsa if i need anything from the city
Quote:What kind of nature is in Oklahoma?

Ok, I'm getting out of that tread before I have a stroke. Stahp
jooseloose dateline='[url=tel:1722186224' wrote: 1722186224[/url]']
Dude's wife want's to play co-op games with him, but isn't very good at gaming. Dude posts a thread asking for recommendations: https://www.resetera.com/threads/training-my-wife-to-play-games.938922/

[Image: 8ykutg.jpg]
https://www.resetera.com/threads/leaked-footage-of-mcu-fantastic-four-released.938907/?post=126416901#post-126416901
ZeoVGM wrote:
Black_Stride wrote:One year to film the whole movie and do post production.

Mate.
Black Panther started filming in late January 2017. It released in mid-February 2018.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/leaked-footage-of-mcu-fantastic-four-released.938907/?post=126416991#post-126416991
ZeoVGM wrote:
Black_Stride wrote:And the post production work was top notch.
I mean, it ended up one of the best superhero films ever released, despite some poor CG in the final battle. A couple extra months of post-production wasn't going to make the train fight between T'Challa and Killmonger good.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/leaked-footage-of-mcu-fantastic-four-released.938907/?post=126417003#post-126417003
ZeoVGM wrote:
WhiteRabbitEXE wrote:Considering the infamous third act, that's not super reassuring.
The third act is only "infamous" to the most online people who nitpick at everything. Black Panther was critically acclaimed and one of the most crowd-pleasing blockbusters of the 2010s. Some bad CG in the final fight didn't make the entire third act bad. No one actually cares about that.
lol
(07-28-2024, 07:44 PM)killamajig wrote:
I've been reading a lot of climate related literature recently. And the idea of just completely rewilding and abandoning vast swathes of land should be much more meaningfully discussed than it currently is.
Not just a few acres here and there. Entire states should be returned to nature.
Indigenous ecologies and their land back demands essentially mention this, they should be rewilded, but managed by the people who were dispossessed by colonial expansion. The federal government needs to have a role for funding and resources but it really is pivotal to better manage our lands.
Also look into Ben Goldfarb and his work on Road Ecology, very fascinating how much damage our expansion of roads even into extremely remote areas has been.
Benji needs to read this. He always seems to think Booshka's ideas are crazy or something.

Quote:Indigenous ecologies and their land back demands essentially mention this, they should be rewilded, but managed by the people who were dispossessed by colonial expansion
Alright, I'm not on the up and up with the demands of native americans, but I'd be very surprised if they'd be like "yeah, we want to live totally in the wild again. We're going full Amish. Actually we want even less than the Amish." 

Just reeks of noble savage trope again.

I'm also not entirely sure what the goal is of rewilding entire US states
Quote:I've been reading a lot of climate related literature recently. And the idea of just completely rewilding and abandoning vast swathes of land should be much more meaningfully discussed than it currently is.

lol
https://www.resetera.com/threads/leaked-footage-of-mcu-fantastic-four-released.938907/page-4?post=126430296#post-126430296

Superpupperbabysassy wrote:
FizzMino wrote:I will never understand Marvel's insistence on having a trailer ready and instead of showing it to the world, they only let the 2,000 people in Hall H see it...and then get mad when it leaks.

Anyways, looks pretty interesting. I wasn't expecting that retro feel to be the basis of the movie lol
It's 6500 people. I don't think Marvel cares as much as SDCC. Leaked footage will make Marvel not show up anymore. Which will severely kill interest in the convention. I think it's tasteless that this thread exists. This is encouraging piracy.
Dead
(07-28-2024, 08:05 PM)HaughtyFrank wrote:

Quote:Indigenous ecologies and their land back demands essentially mention this, they should be rewilded, but managed by the people who were dispossessed by colonial expansion
Alright, I'm not on the up and up with the demands of native americans, but I'd be very surprised if they'd be like "yeah, we want to live totally in the wild again. We're going full Amish. Actually we want even less than the Amish." 

If I need to guess: they want to preserve their traditions and wants the land that was supposedly stolen from them back, maybe they want some form of autonomy.

But I’m sure they don’t want to be dirty poor or regress to a traditional way of life that most of their young would found unbearable. 

I suppose this are the climate thinkers that Benji warns us about. Yikes
Do they think that First Nation Tribes enjoy living in bad conditions and shit housing?
Deus Ex Machina Robert Downey Jr. here to save JeffMarvel's sanity. There much promise in these later seasons.
[Image: qdmn0dP.png]

lol

[Image: MJefYME.png]

lol
(07-28-2024, 08:06 PM)Boredfrom wrote:
Quote:I've been reading a lot of climate related literature recently. And the idea of just completely rewilding and abandoning vast swathes of land should be much more meaningfully discussed than it currently is.

lol

so uh...there are lots of actual countries in the world that are smaller than most US states...

let's just pick Idaho at random

https://mapfight.xyz/map/us.id/

let's just ask everyone living in Denmark...or Czech Republic...or England...or Greece to all just move out, huh? let the area return to nature to fix climate change  Heart
(07-28-2024, 08:20 PM)Uncle wrote:
(07-28-2024, 08:06 PM)Boredfrom wrote:

lol

so uh...there are lots of actual countries in the world that are smaller than most US states...

let's just pick Idaho at random

https://mapfight.xyz/map/us.id/

let's just ask everyone living in Denmark...or Czech Republic...or England...or Greece to all just move out, huh? let the area return to nature to fix climate change  Heart

I mean, you guys took half of our country. Bolo 

Spoiler:  (click to show)
that we were mismanaging and doing little with, and also were originally from tribes.
If you think First Nation tribes are treated badly in the U.S. and in Canada… well, you are not exactly wrong but oh boy, you should see the state of the indigenous towns in Mexico. Mike

Same thing happens here. Progressive assume Aboriginal people are holding spears and eating goannas on an open fire...instead there's more than a million Aboriginal people (the highest population of indigenous people ever in Australia) and the vast majority live in cities and have a job.
(07-28-2024, 08:19 PM)Cauliflower Of Love wrote: [Image: qdmn0dP.png]

lol

[Image: MJefYME.png]

lol

I don’t think there is any harm on admitting that Deadpool & Wolverine is just an “event”, a send off for Fox Marvel and wankery for seeing Hugh Jackman as Wolverine one last time (why the fuck do you think he is finally using the comic costume lol ). Is not deep art… that’s why is annoying that you need to see a TV show in a shitty streaming service if you care to follow what is going on beyond “explosions, blood and cursing”. 

Spoiler:  (click to show)
MEMBER WHEN CHRIS EVANS WAS THE HUMAN TORCH   DSP MEMBER BLADE?!
(07-28-2024, 08:38 PM)Potato wrote:
(07-28-2024, 07:44 PM)killamajig wrote: Benji needs to read this. He always seems to think Booshka's ideas are crazy or something.

Same thing happens here. Progressive assume Aboriginal people are holding spears and eating goannas on an open fire...instead there's more than a million Aboriginal people (the highest population of indigenous people ever in Australia) and the vast majority live in cities and have a job.

Lucky fellows, compared with our own indigenous population. But that's none of my business...
Breaking: Today, the last native american was found dead by apparent bobcat attack.
Lets say someone wanted to go out in style on ResetEra, and in the knowledge that Hecht and co. read these pages (as per their admission) what is the best way to go out causing maximum damage?
Don’t do a thread “exposing them” or insulting them. They are just going to delete it.
(07-28-2024, 08:55 PM)Boredfrom wrote: Don’t do a thread “exposing them” or insulting them. They are just going to delete it.

Well I/the person considering this had already thought about that.

I feel there was some post earlier that mentioned editing a bunch of older posts and referring back to them?
(07-28-2024, 08:51 PM)wizardora wrote: Lets say someone wanted to go out in style on ResetEra, and in the knowledge that Hecht and co. read these pages (as per their admission) what is the best way to go out causing maximum damage?

Start a civil war between Kyuuji and Nepenthe
Honestly, I think you will need the support of one of the protected communities or at least a ton of users to even make it past 2 minutes. ERA is kind of a Panopticon in forum form.

Maybe you could think about using avatars for something? Nepenthe avatar has Palestine colors hidden in the borders. lol
https://www.resetera.com/threads/shows-you-kept-telling-yourself-itll-get-better-but-before-it-did-it-was-already-over.939018/post-126431649
Quote:The Sopranos.
Ugly womanizer tries to make his mafia successful while literally every person supposed to help and assist him (family, friends and colleagues) sabotage him at every turn. Rinse and repeat.
Given the consensus I was really hoping to see this takeoff at some point but no. Just an insufferable gallery of characters and not one you can root for.

If I can't root for someone it's bad. 

Minds of children.
(07-28-2024, 10:15 AM)Averon wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/ava-kris-tyson-steps-down-from-all-things-mr-beast-after-old-messages-and-weird-behavior-unveiled.935043/page-3?post=126418515#post-126418515
Kyuuji wrote:Hard to understand the extent of it with the mess of internet drama clouding things but the fact is if you're knowingly messaging kids sexual or suggestive things (and let's be real, if you're messaging that stuff you should know who you're sending it to) you're a weird creep at the most generous read and a pedo to the rest of the world. The victim not considering it grooming doesn't mean it wasn't and I'm not interested in splitting a hair on what would and wouldn't constitute it because what are we doing lol. Sure it's shit that it feeds some hate campaign but I'd rather this be investigated as it now seems to be to make sure any victims are known and can be supported.

Kween Kyuuji has rendered her verdict: Ava's a creep, if not pedo. I guess TransERA finally came to a decision on their Discord that they need to disavow Ava after the latest chatlog leaks.

The Queen has spoken
Quote:The Sopranos

Ugly womanizer tries to make his mafia successful while literally every person supposed to help and assist him (family, friends and colleagues) sabotage him at every turn. Rinse and repeat

The Sopranos are not Scarface or a GTA’ story. Is not about rising criminal empire, if anything, is about empty is the gangster life.
This post has been hidden by the user, quote or reply to view.