Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ta-nehisi-coates-a-palestinian-american%E2%80%99s-place-under-the-democrats%E2%80%99-big-tent.961968/page-2#post-127637784

Quote: Cop User banned (1 week): inflammatory accusations
BowieZ wrote:
effingvic wrote:Yet we're expected to still fall in line and "do the right thing" to save democracy or else we get condescending lectures
Personally, I don't expect you to "fall in line" or "do the right thing".

I fully expect tens of thousands of people to abstain this year, and to contribute to Trump's victory, amounting to an even worse future for Palestinians, as well as trans people, the poor, the young, not to mention women (whose bodily autonomy, health care, and safety are on the line, particularly women of color), and to contribute to the rise of a fascist and an army of loyal fascist henchmen openly plotting to further undermine and potentially dismantle the American electoral process itself.

It happened in 2016, it'll happen again.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/concord-debuts-on-steam-with-600-player-ccu.962340/page-45#post-127681623
Quote:There's currently 185 people watching this game on Twitch. A failure of this magnitude is just incredible to me. It's hard to fathom a game from a publisher as big as Sony failing like this.
Fucking chuds  Stahp
What's Suicide Squad's steam peak? Lol, i can't believe that i am seeing A Triple AAA game Flop so hard that it is making Suicide Squad seem like a runaway success.
What post did pai pai master get banned for?
3 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, D3RANG3D, Taco Bell Tower
https://www.resetera.com/threads/concord-ot-calling-all-freegunners-56k-warning.957465/page-28#post-127678866
Alek wrote:
Ex Lion Tamer wrote:I think something went wrong with the doc or someone removed all the information...
Ah I'm sorry, yes people have been trying to use the document to harass our community.

I'm going to have to lock the document down because there are too many bad faith actors. Just today I had to delete 'killtranspeople' from the document, yesterday I had to delete 'Trump2024' and something about Kamala from the document, there have been several other similar entries too. And today as you point out, someone has chosen to delete all the entries.

I've restored the previous version but I've locked the document down so that it's no longer the case that anyone with the link can edit. People can now add, change or remove details on the document by quoting (or direct messaging me) and I will change them for you.

I think it just goes to show how hateful people are towards this game to be honest. What sad little lives these people lead.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/concord-ot-calling-all-freegunners-56k-warning.957465/page-28#post-127679334
Alek wrote:
entrydenied wrote:I'm wondering if you should just start a new document and put it as a hidden message? Or only send the link to those who PM you.

I hope the consoles and PCs of those harassers break down😡

Thanks for putting in the work.
Honestly, I can't guarantee that it isn't a user here doing it is the thing. Unless I get people to sign in with a google account and track changes that way, I can't guarantee it isn't a user on ERA fucking things up. The approach to harassment seems different (deleting vs adding spoof users) so I expect it's more than one person and I don't believe that people on ERA always tell us how they feel. The amount of people complaining about the character designs without being able to tell you what they don't like about the character designs, is interesting to say the least.
(08-25-2024, 06:53 PM)Jansen wrote: What post did pai pai master get banned for?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/concord-debuts-on-steam-with-600-player-ccu.962340/#post-127604397
Quote: Cop User banned (3 days): Thread whining & Metacommentary over multiple posts
(08-25-2024, 06:39 PM)Disco55 wrote: What's Suicide Squad's steam peak? Lol, i can't believe that i am seeing A Triple AAA game Flop so hard that it is making Suicide Squad seem like a runaway success.

About twenty times as many player as Concord and was considered a total disaster
(08-25-2024, 06:57 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/concord-ot-calling-all-freegunners-56k-warning.957465/page-28#post-127678866
Alek wrote:
Ex Lion Tamer wrote:I think something went wrong with the doc or someone removed all the information...
Ah I'm sorry, yes people have been trying to use the document to harass our community.

I'm going to have to lock the document down because there are too many bad faith actors. Just today I had to delete 'killtranspeople' from the document, yesterday I had to delete 'Trump2024' and something about Kamala from the document, there have been several other similar entries too. And today as you point out, someone has chosen to delete all the entries.

I've restored the previous version but I've locked the document down so that it's no longer the case that anyone with the link can edit. People can now add, change or remove details on the document by quoting (or direct messaging me) and I will change them for you.

I think it just goes to show how hateful people are towards this game to be honest. What sad little lives these people lead.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/concord-ot-calling-all-freegunners-56k-warning.957465/page-28#post-127679334
Alek wrote:
entrydenied wrote:I'm wondering if you should just start a new document and put it as a hidden message? Or only send the link to those who PM you.

Honestly, I can't guarantee that it isn't a user here doing it is the thing. Unless I get people to sign in with a google account and track changes that way, I can't guarantee it isn't a user on ERA fucking things up. The approach to harassment seems different (deleting vs adding spoof users) so I expect it's more than one person and I don't believe that people on ERA always tell us how they feel. The amount of people complaining about the character designs without being able to tell you what they don't like about the character designs, is interesting to say the least.

It's a Trojan Chud Horse.   Chudterfuge.   Scrub the doc now!!!!
(08-25-2024, 06:57 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/concord-ot-calling-all-freegunners-56k-warning.957465/page-28#post-127679334
Alek wrote:Honestly, I can't guarantee that it isn't a user here doing it is the thing. Unless I get people to sign in with a google account and track changes that way, I can't guarantee it isn't a user on ERA fucking things up. The approach to harassment seems different (deleting vs adding spoof users) so I expect it's more than one person and I don't believe that people on ERA always tell us how they feel. The amount of people complaining about the character designs without being able to tell you what they don't like about the character designs, is interesting to say the least.

lol such a little bitch
Tbf he's doing a little research project outta this so I can imagine it being annoying that people are fucking around with the data
Quote:You're replying to a person that banned several pro-Palestinian users (including one of the few Palestinians in this community, who promptly left) for daring to talk poorly of liberal media's manufacturing of consent for the genocide in Gaza and never even had the decency of apologizing for it publicly.

“What about those Jew users that left?”

“Fuck those kikes.”  relatable and grounded in the real world while keeping some of the details which make her so iconic
(08-25-2024, 07:06 PM)Besticus Maximus wrote: Tbf he's doing a little research project outta this so I can imagine it being annoying that people are fucking around with the data

And the conservativecuck type of trolling is also lame as hell.

Okay i dont really take random twitter banter as proof of anything, but then I saw this and laughed.

[Image: GVv8wXUX0AAUNNd?format=jpg&name=small]
Why Concord is bombing so hard is an interesting question tbh. The game itself appears to be perfectly fine, perhaps good even. It's just that nobody wants it.
It doesn't look bad.  It's just that the market for these games is difficult.  There have been a lot of f2p games like this that have failed to gain traction, even though they're quality - so asking for $40 was always going to be a longshot.  I didn't expect it to bomb this hard, though.  I really liked Artifact when it came out, but nobody played that either.  That's just how it goes.
JeffMarvel wrote:Hasan confirmed he got booted from the DNC on its final day due to his vocal Palestinian support.

Disgraceful. Fuck the DNC.

“Why the fuck people thread this conflict as team sports shit.  Social Justice Warrior 2 Children are dying. Six “
40 dollars, need to pay PSN Plus to play it online if you are on Playstation, Kind of Mehish looking, bland and bad looking character designs (Which for a Hero Shooter is an importan thing to nail), Overwatch 2 and Apex Legends exists, etc. Not that Marvel Rivals will touch peak Overwatch, but at least that game seems nice on the eyes.
Professor Brown would've been a funnier name for the ResetEra guy that got his PhD in poop science.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/concord-ot-calling-all-freegunners-56k-warning.957465/page-29#post-127688655

Galahadcc wrote:Unpopular opinion I think gamers were happier when they only cared about playing games and not about things like the culture war, politics and other issues. Good games succeeded, bad games failed, I miss that time.
Hesright
(08-25-2024, 07:13 PM)Propagandhim wrote:

Okay i dont really take random twitter banter as proof of anything, but then I saw this and laughed.

Quote:- She pushed extreme politics, hated guns & wanted unvaxxed staff fired

I mean, one of those things is not like the others (probably don’t deserve getting fired, just mocked as hell).

Get your vaccines, kids. That is not “extreme politics”. But that's none of my business...
(08-25-2024, 07:13 PM)Propagandhim wrote:

I'll definitely take it with a grain of salt but the team consisting of resetera type rejects would explain perfectly why they went ahead with those character designs and never second guessed themselves.
I agree, if your office requires vaccines, that's just how it is.  I was more referring to the narcissistic demand to be called "Professor" and the pic that goes along with it.   lol
(08-25-2024, 07:22 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/concord-ot-calling-all-freegunners-56k-warning.957465/page-29#post-127688655

Galahadcc wrote:Unpopular opinion I think gamers were happier when they only cared about playing games and not about things like the culture war, politics and other issues. Good games succeeded, bad games failed, I miss that time.
Hesright

Incoming ban  Thank you for your service!
(08-25-2024, 07:22 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/concord-ot-calling-all-freegunners-56k-warning.957465/page-29#post-127688655

Hesright

Alek The Bitch wrote:Well, the irony is that the people upset by politics in games are the ones that are creating the political conversations and causing more people to analyse games through that lens.

Games were always political, and ignoring their politics was in itself a political action. These players are creating the political discourse by expressing that they are upset that games aren't exclusively being made that are just for them, that their privilege is being eroded. Representing diverse ethnic groups in a game, or recognising people's gender identity in a game, is not the developer making a political statement, any more so than the entire primary cast of Uncharted being white is political (I'm not saying there's anything wrong with Uncharted being that way, I'm saying that we should be able to have games that have more consideration for other people too).

Playing games from the 2000s where women are treated as objects and narrative plot devices and ignoring that as consumers is political action. Just because we have more open discourse does not mean games or gamers were apolitical or better before . Yes, players might have been happier if more games were for them, but do you not think women are happier now that more games are made for them too?

omfg
It's like in the stand when Harold wants everyone to call him Hawk and they do for a bit and then he blows up the best characters
(08-25-2024, 07:38 PM)Boredfrom wrote:
Alek The Bitch wrote:Playing games from the 2000s where women are treated as objects and narrative plot devices and ignoring that as consumers is political action. Just because we have more open discourse does not mean games or gamers were apolitical or better before . Yes, players might have been happier if more games were for them, but do you not think women are happier now that more games are made for them too?

omfg

*points at Suicide Squad, Concord, Forspoken, Dustborn*

No? Clearly they're not playing this shit either

btw. here's a game that unashamedly targets only women:

Featured during gamescom with a big trailer and what happened? No hate campaign, no angry chuds, no nothing, only positive reception
(08-25-2024, 07:42 PM)HaughtyFrank wrote:
(08-25-2024, 07:38 PM)Boredfrom wrote:
(08-25-2024, 07:22 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: [quote=Alek The Bitch]
Playing games from the 2000s where women are treated as objects and narrative plot devices and ignoring that as consumers is political action. Just because we have more open discourse does not mean games or gamers were apolitical or better before . Yes, players might have been happier if more games were for them, but do you not think women are happier now that more games are made for them too?

omfg

Quote:Games User Researcher
Dead
HaughtyFrank dateline='[url=tel:1724614930' wrote: 1724614930[/url]']
Boredfrom dateline='[url=tel:1724614700' wrote: 1724614700[/url]']
Alek The Bitch wrote:Playing games from the 2000s where women are treated as objects and narrative plot devices and ignoring that as consumers is political action. Just because we have more open discourse does not mean games or gamers were apolitical or better before . Yes, players might have been happier if more games were for them, but do you not think women are happier now that more games are made for them too?

omfg

Being fair, Suicide Squad problems are not cause character designs or interactions. Is that is not a good Gaas game and the DLC has been terrible. 

And Twitter/Era hate boner for anything DC that is not Batman or Himbo Superman.
(08-25-2024, 06:57 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/concord-ot-calling-all-freegunners-56k-warning.957465/page-28#post-127678866
Alek wrote:

Alek wrote:

He created those to fake a narrative. What a liar.
(08-25-2024, 07:46 PM)Boredfrom wrote:
HaughtyFrank dateline='[url=tel:1724614930' wrote: 1724614930[/url]']
Boredfrom dateline='[url=tel:1724614700' wrote: 1724614700[/url]']

omfg

Being fair, Suicide Squad problems are not cause character designs or interactions. Is that is not a good Gaas game and the DLC has been terrible. 

And Twitter/Era hate boner for anything DC that is not Batman or Himbo Superman.

It did a bunch of stuff that felt like it was trying too hard for me, like Harley throwing away her Arkham costume and other characters talking about it negatively, or turning Poison Ivy into a creepy child. True though that I doubt it failed because of that but I guess it also didn't help