Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
Her Arkham customer sucks, thought. It was not a uncommon sentiment when it debuted.
2 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower
SS failed because it was the spritual 4th game of an extremely successful gaming franchise, played nothing like those great games, and played like ass.
(08-25-2024, 08:01 PM)DocWager wrote: SS failed because it was the spritual 4th game of an extremely successful gaming franchise, played nothing like those great games, and played like ass.

People seem to have fun with it initially. Trumps 

Compare it with Concord.
I think the people that found it fun, are the same people who kill stray pets for fun. Basically TwoHearts, and Melody Shard types.
(08-25-2024, 07:38 PM)Boredfrom wrote:
(08-25-2024, 07:22 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/concord-ot-calling-all-freegunners-56k-warning.957465/page-29#post-127688655

Galahadcc wrote:Unpopular opinion I think gamers were happier when they only cared about playing games and not about things like the culture war, politics and other issues. Good games succeeded, bad games failed, I miss that time.
Hesright

Alek The Bitch wrote:Well, the irony is that the people upset by politics in games are the ones that are creating the political conversations and causing more people to analyse games through that lens.

Games were always political, and ignoring their politics was in itself a political action. These players are creating the political discourse by expressing that they are upset that games aren't exclusively being made that are just for them, that their privilege is being eroded. Representing diverse ethnic groups in a game, or recognising people's gender identity in a game, is not the developer making a political statement, any more so than the entire primary cast of Uncharted being white is political (I'm not saying there's anything wrong with Uncharted being that way, I'm saying that we should be able to have games that have more consideration for other people too).

Playing games from the 2000s where women are treated as objects and narrative plot devices and ignoring that as consumers is political action. Just because we have more open discourse does not mean games or gamers were apolitical or better before . Yes, players might have been happier if more games were for them, but do you not think women are happier now that more games are made for them too?

omfg

[Image: Bzaomik.png]

Spoiler:  (click to show)
[Image: tW757fw.png]
I imagine most of the female and other percentage is actually men as well.
Quote:"Playing games from 2000s where women are treated as objects" Have you played any Asian games recently? Implausible bodies, physics on the boobs, microtransactions arround sexualized skins... But for some reason the people who complained a lot about Howarts Legacy don´t complaint that much about these games and I don´t understand why. The First Descendant or some fighting games are good examples of this.
I hate the fact that clowns on ResetEra and the adjacent game outlets get away with rewriting history about gaming culture like this without any pushback as everyone just nods along pissing their pants fearing to get cancelled. Well fuck that. 

In games from the 2000's most characters were simply bad ass and good looking, be it male or female. It was all based on the movies and other media that was popular at that time. So they looked at Halle Berry, chicks from Fast & Furious, Bond girls and the cast of all these TV shows for women like Sex and the City for inspiration. One of the most applauded characters of that time was Alyx Vance from Half Life 2, which really raised the bar in world building and character design. Alyx was clearly inspired by the likes of Trinity and Sarah Connor, bad ass female characters who could hold their own in a hostile environment. The idea that women were "treated like objects" in video games from the 2000's is simply horse shit. I would argue they were much more capable than the Mary Sues of today. You had Mona Sax from Max Payne, Ada Wong in Resident Evil 4, Rachel in Need for Speed: Underground 2 as well as the previously mentioned Alyx Vance but also Jade from BG&E. 

In most cases it was more important for women that characters were good looking or cute, especially for the likes of Snake, Leon, Commander Shephard and Ezio Auditore from Assassins Creed II. Others followed suit as survey after survey showed the percentage of female players increased if the characters were appealing to them. 

But at some point the industry gaslit themselves into thinking the male gaze is a problem and not just chased away their male audience but their female audience as well by making everything as gay, ugly and "diverse" as possible to stick it to the chuds. And who do they blame when they are down to 600 players? The chuds of course, zero introspection.
Things have changed. Things do change. The reason for the change is to maximise the audience. It's a cold decision and ultimately little of it actually comes down to crusade of goodness. 

The fact that there's a ridiculous culture war happening in the midst of it is somewhat unrelated.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cnn-taliban-bans-the-sound-of-women%E2%80%99s-voices-singing-or-reading-in-public.963342/

Quote:CNN"
Afghanistan's Taliban rulers are cracking down on the sound of women's voices in public, under a strict new set of vice and virtue laws under the Islamist regime.

The laws were issued Wednesday after they were approved by supreme leader Hibatullah Akhundzada, a government spokesman said, and cover aspects of everyday life like public transportation, music, shaving and celebrations.

First reply...
Quote:Sounds like a GOP wet dream.

More just on the first page.
Quote:The Heritage Foundation are updating Project 2025 as we speak.
Quote:And the more children a woman has the more votes that household is given, and the man of the house decides how those votes are used. No wait, those are JD Vance's beliefs. Just a stones throw from the fucking Taliban's beliefs.
Quote:JD Vance's response: "So, what's wrong with that?"

Can't even call out the Taliban without the "but america bad too."
(08-25-2024, 08:32 PM)Nintex wrote:
Quote:"Playing games from 2000s where women are treated as objects" Have you played any Asian games recently? Implausible bodies, physics on the boobs, microtransactions arround sexualized skins... But for some reason the people who complained a lot about Howarts Legacy don´t complaint that much about these games and I don´t understand why. The First Descendant or some fighting games are good examples of this.

At least Alek isn't a complete clown

Quote:What point are you trying to make? That they care about representation in the games that are made in the US, but not China? I don't think that's much of a gotcha. People are quite disconnected from developers in China, there's not a lot of discourse between them and the western players, so that's obviously a factor in how people talk about games.

I also don't believe that games like that shouldn't exist. I'm not necessarily opposed to male fantasy existing, I don't want to censor games. I don't like games like The First Decendant it and I encourage more diversity, but I'm not going to go in a The First Descendants discord and spam the inverse equivalent of 'go woke go broke' there (as many do in the Concord discord)
https://www.resetera.com/threads/concord-ot-calling-all-freegunners-56k-warning.957465/page-30#post-127690764

He comes off as terribly woke but saying that he isn't against those games existing is a big step above the burka thread
(08-25-2024, 06:34 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/ta-nehisi-coates-a-palestinian-american%E2%80%99s-place-under-the-democrats%E2%80%99-big-tent.961968/page-2#post-127637784

Quote: Cop User banned (1 week): inflammatory accusations
BowieZ wrote:
effingvic wrote:Yet we're expected to still fall in line and "do the right thing" to save democracy or else we get condescending lectures
Personally, I don't expect you to "fall in line" or "do the right thing".

I fully expect tens of thousands of people to abstain this year, and to contribute to Trump's victory, amounting to an even worse future for Palestinians, as well as trans people, the poor, the young, not to mention women (whose bodily autonomy, health care, and safety are on the line, particularly women of color), and to contribute to the rise of a fascist and an army of loyal fascist henchmen openly plotting to further undermine and potentially dismantle the American electoral process itself.

It happened in 2016, it'll happen again.

Is he talking about Iran-backed Hamas here or Trump?
3 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, Gameboy Nostalgia, Nintex
[Image: HEupiNi.jpg]
(08-25-2024, 08:47 PM)killamajig wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/cnn-taliban-bans-the-sound-of-women%E2%80%99s-voices-singing-or-reading-in-public.963342/

Afghanistan's Taliban rulers are cracking down on the sound of women's voices in public, under a strict new set of vice and virtue laws under the Islamist regime.

The laws were issued Wednesday after they were approved by supreme leader Hibatullah Akhundzada, a government spokesman said, and cover aspects of everyday life like public transportation, music, shaving and celebrations.

First reply...

Quote:And the more children a woman has the more votes that household is given, and the man of the house decides how those votes are used. No wait, those are JD Vance's beliefs. Just a stones throw from the fucking Taliban's beliefs.

Being strictly fair… they are calling out the GOP.  Teehee
https://www.resetera.com/threads/israel-palestine-the-ongoing-israeli-genocide-in-gaza-icj-orders-halt-to-israeli-offensive-on-rafah-see-staff-posts-for-posting-guidelines.772478/page-390#post-127689990
Rosenkrantz wrote:I know Brianna Wu is a no name who nobody remembers anymore, but holy shit Gamergate damaged this woman's brain. "Tremendous amount of child soldiers", this shithead is out there literally repeating "everyone is Hamas" propaganda.

BabyDontHurtMe wrote:Brianna Wu is just an idiotic grifter who has no real principles other than coddling with the worst people on Twitter and shifting her views to align with theirs. Just an embarrassing career trajectory through and through.

Rosenkrantz wrote:You'd think a victim of a hate campaign would have more empathy, but nope, she tries to join hasbara.

Punished Goku wrote:Who is Brianna Wu?
Sickos
Tfritz wrote:Personally, that sounds bad and I don't think they should do that.

Dunno if sarcasm or serious.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/cnn-taliban-bans-the-sound-of-women’s-voices-singing-or-reading-in-public.963342/#post-127692987
(08-25-2024, 08:47 PM)killamajig wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/cnn-taliban-bans-the-sound-of-women%E2%80%99s-voices-singing-or-reading-in-public.963342/

First reply...

The "women" of the burka brigade thread would have no trouble then...
Feeemales
(08-25-2024, 09:05 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/israel-palestine-the-ongoing-israeli-genocide-in-gaza-icj-orders-halt-to-israeli-offensive-on-rafah-see-staff-posts-for-posting-guidelines.772478/page-390#post-127689990
Rosenkrantz wrote:I know Brianna Wu is a no name who nobody remembers anymore, but holy shit Gamergate damaged this woman's brain. "Tremendous amount of child soldiers", this shithead is out there literally repeating "everyone is Hamas" propaganda.

BabyDontHurtMe wrote:Brianna Wu is just an idiotic grifter who has no real principles other than coddling with the worst people on Twitter and shifting her views to align with theirs. Just an embarrassing career trajectory through and through.

Rosenkrantz wrote:You'd think a victim of a hate campaign would have more empathy, but nope, she tries to join hasbara.

Punished Goku wrote:Who is Brianna Wu?
Sickos

Remember how mad these types used to get when people referred to Zoe Quinn as “literally who?”
https://steamdb.info/app/1422450/charts/
[Image: wGyuaJh.png]
2 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, Gameboy Nostalgia
You guys better didn't chase away the new guy Stahp
(08-25-2024, 09:10 PM)HaughtyFrank wrote: You guys better didn't chase away the new guy Stahp

[Image: tenor.gif]

Posted by known Islamophobe Morrigan. But that's none of my business...
(08-25-2024, 09:10 PM)HaughtyFrank wrote: You guys better didn't chase away the new guy Stahp

[Image: KTmWcH9.png]
(08-25-2024, 09:13 PM)Potato wrote:

[Image: tenor.gif]

Yes both of you. I want new blood here but this is the test of fire. Yeshrug
Goddamn, my youtube recommendations are amazing now.

5 users liked this post: benji, Taco Bell Tower, Gameboy Nostalgia, Nintex, D3RANG3D
I don’t know his origin for being here is sus. I’d believe you more if you randomly showed up, and just mocked ResetEra like a pro.
2 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, Gameboy Nostalgia
It's because you hang around benji too much.
2 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Gameboy Nostalgia
Quote:I ageee with you , it's not sustainable. My issue is that the Muslim world doesnt speak out for them . No protests in the streets no demos no speaking out at the un nothing

Loco wrote:There's no supreme leader in the Muslim world like the Catholics have with the pope. The world media wil bend over backwards to have a press conference for a pope at the snap of his fingers to address the world. Muslim communities speak out but they are not heard and don't have the same platform as other religions especially in America and Europe.

Rolleyes 

I bet you a lot of these dudes are okay with some stuff you will consider aberrant. But that's none of my business... 

Is not me trying to be Islamophobic but telling you people have the impression that every Muslim is progressive like Hasan (and it is obvious he masks a lot of his true opinions (or lack of them)).
The BananaBlaster will be back, he has tasted the sweet flavor of freedom.
Loco is probably one of the most stupid posters on the site.

He has the opinions of a misinformed 14 year old but he is supposedly a married grown man.
(08-25-2024, 05:57 AM)Jansen wrote: Benji, please ban Himuro's current account

hmm
3 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, Gameboy Nostalgia, D3RANG3D