Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
(09-09-2024, 10:19 AM)Nintex wrote: Watching the Soyny clowns play a Bowser Castle 1 tier platform level and claim it is the most difficult thing ever PlayStation™ Fan Discussing Their Fine Products 

The reaction to Astro Bot is insane. Some of them have never played a 3D Mario game in their life and it really shows. A lot of the stuff they're creaming themselves over is ten-a-penny in those games lol

I guess they're so used to gobbling up cinematic, third-person shite like Uncharted/The Last of Us/God of War/Horizon and nothing else, and have forgotten what a fun game feels like.
(09-09-2024, 12:03 PM)Snoopy wrote: [Image: JvNHZVJ.jpg]

#JustGirlyThings
(09-09-2024, 11:55 AM)kaleidoscopium wrote: [Image: 4B7ITCK.jpeg]

https://bsky.app/profile/melodyshreds.bsky.social/post/3l3phjm3idv2r

Every fat man in history has done this Malds, chill

[Image: dolphin.gif]
Quote:Nah, it's not bs at all. One, why does it matter if they let go at the end or at the very start, the rule is you can't let go.
Two, so breaking the rules and it not affecting the final result means it can be waived? So by your reckoning, say a football team were 3-0 nil down and the losing team scored in the last minute but the ball came off the player's hand and went in, the ref should let it count because it wouldn't affect the result? Absolute rubbish. The rules are there for a reason and all athletes agree to them by participating, it doesn't matter if it affects the final result or not.

Quote:People like you are the reason Trump became President.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/september-8-2024-metro-uk-paralympic-marathon-runner-disqualified-from-medal-after-error-two-metres-from-finish-line.975468/#post-128385240

Dead
Since kaleidoscopium brought up alt accounts, does anyone know what happened to Cerulean_Skylark?

Transgender prude who posted constantly in the burka thread all up until they got permanently banned for using an alt account. Anyone happen to know any details about that?
Who is melonyshreds and why should we care? Is this a reee poster or just a random imbicile
3 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower, D3RANG3D
(09-09-2024, 12:09 PM)jooseloose wrote:
(09-09-2024, 10:19 AM)Nintex wrote: Watching the Soyny clowns play a Bowser Castle 1 tier platform level and claim it is the most difficult thing ever PlayStation™ Fan Discussing Their Fine Products 

The reaction to Astro Bot is insane. Some of them have never played a 3D Mario game in their life and it really shows. A lot of the stuff they're creaming themselves over is ten-a-penny in those games lol

I guess they're so used to gobbling up cinematic, third-person shite like Uncharted/The Last of Us/God of War/Horizon and nothing else, and have forgotten what a fun game feels like.

Even if it is a Mario clone to get one that actually legitimately looks ten times better running on a powerful system, and you’ve played 3D Mario’s before, Astro Bot instantly has a wow factor. I haven’t been this wowed by a first party game like this since GoW 3.
I love all these shut ins who are also experts in all sports rules disputes
Venice dateline='[url=tel:1725832596' wrote: 1725832596[/url]']
Nice find, Hap Shaughnessy, and whooooah, wtf at the part I've bolded:

Hap Shaughnessy dateline='[url=tel:1725829874' wrote: 1725829874[/url]']

https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-it-wrong-to-hang-out-and-still-be-friends-with-someone-that-is-already-married-or-deep-in-a-relationship.781316/

Oliver James wrote:So I have this friend who is married and has a kid already, but we often hangout, go eat outside, do stuff outside. I often wonder if her husband is not approving of this, since we've met a couple of times and he's stonefaced whenever we cross each other's paths. I guess it doesn't that help way back then, my friend had a long-standing crush on me, which she revealed to me then promptly erased all history of it happening when I said I only saw her as a friend. And it's only a crush. I don't think she has even mentioned it to him. To this day, we're very good friends, and I don't plan on changing that, but is there some social contract where if someone's married already, that you ease up on friendship, as respect to their spouse?

For me personally, screw that. I've been friends with my friend for a very long time, and there is no harm as far as I can see as she's already married and not attracted to me as far as I can tell, and I'm not going to start developing feelings for her after all these years. My feelings for her are all friendly. Now that they have a kid I think guidance to their kid has been added to my list of responsibilities as a friend. I guess I should meet up more with the husband present and see if we can work things out so he's comfortable with me being around his wife? Basically, befriend him? See, whenever we plan outings, most of our friends bring their significant others, but my friend has never brought her husband, not even once. I guess we've met twice when she brought him to lunch, but overnight and long getaways, she doesn't bring him. Maybe he's just not the outgoing type.

What about you Era, do you think this is okay? I personally think it is okay. They're a happily married couple, we are a happy friendship, everyone wins. But what about you? Has it turned upside down for some of you?

Seriously?

You think you have a 'responsibility' to give 'guidance' to the child of your married female 'friend'??

No you don't, you weirdo. The father is a daily presence in the kids life and, outside of school teachers or close relatives, is the ONLY one who should be giving guidance, not so-called friends.

I think quite a few people here on TheBore are married and have kids. I'm also pretty sure that if any of their spouses male 'friends' tried to give 'guidance' to their child, they'd get a punch in the face and/or a kick in the nuts.

Give it a couple more months and there will be a crybaby 'My friend won't talk to me anymore and it's all her husbands fault ;_;' thread.

I think we all know what this means! That kid is his, 100%…or at least the OP thinks it is because he fucked her.

No wonder the husband is not impressed with this absolute helmet knocking about his wife.

Or it’s the extreme opposite and this person doesn’t know they exist and the fantasy lives on in the OPs head, in which case circa 12-18 months they’ll be dead.
(09-09-2024, 10:27 AM)Besticus Maximus wrote: There would be worse things than everyone rushing to make 12-14 hour arcadey platformy games again

Nearly every game I play is long because I'm basically a weeb. I remember even the RE4 remake was like 40 hours. I think I had like 50 hours in Armored core 6.

I like long RPGs and I really don't want them to go away but I would have time for 15 hour bangers.

It's funny years ago I wouldn't play certain games because of character designs, artwork and what not. I wouldn't say the standards were as strict as the Burqa brigade, but there was certainly a vibe of 'you should't buy these types of games' in reviews and communities even if they were good. We didn't even accept the review copies when they were offered. The line was drawn at vanilla Dead or Alive and Soul Calibur. As for RPGs you had to stick to Square Enix basically, even Dragon Quest was already too 'Japanese' and if other RPGs ever got reviews, they got 6s or lower across the board if there was any sort of grinding. 

Sony briefly tried to find an audience for those games with the VITA but then doubled backed on censorship and shut the whole thing down when they moved to California. Surprisingly Nintendo turned all that around with the Switch after starting to platform Japanese games on the 3DS when they would announce 6 niche 120+ hours Japanese RPGs and visual novels, a Senran Kagura port and a Kirby spin-off game or something and folks went: Nintendo didn't announce anything!

Now I'm putting Warhammer 40k Space Marine 2 in my cart on Steam and I see a Wave Race with Waifus at 70% off with good reviews and I'm like, that looks fun why shouldn't I buy it.
Trumps 

The new Atelier getting announced during the Direct and Fire Emblem being the favorite game of their new CEO tells me that Nintendo has told publishers they're not changing the rules for the Switch 2. We could get tons of RPGs and animu games with great visuals and production values.

Spoiler: Brazilian Miku IRL (click to show)
[Image: GW7267ka8AAqnEk?format=jpg]
(09-09-2024, 12:48 PM)MMaRsu wrote: Who is melonyshreds and why should we care? Is this a reee poster or just a random imbicile

Bro, do you even Bore?
(09-09-2024, 11:55 AM)kaleidoscopium wrote: [Image: 4B7ITCK.jpeg]

https://bsky.app/profile/melodyshreds.bsky.social/post/3l3phjm3idv2r

Every fat man in history has done this Malds, chill

Yeah because no one has ever slept topless before.
(09-09-2024, 12:48 PM)MMaRsu wrote: Who is melonyshreds and why should we care? Is this a reee poster or just a random imbicile
A reee poster.

As far as I'm aware, they don't post too much on Ree and prefer to lie low, so thankfully they're not the type that you frequently see spewing awful takes at every corner.

However the infamy comes from the fact that offsite, they're an e-begging, suicide-baiting, weird looking transgender person that posts really weird sex fantasies, and salivates over big tiddy waifus and loli children that they're cranking their hog too. Which is immediately perplexing and bizzare, as Resetera is a massive prude site, and bans anyone who sexualizes a woman, let alone freaking animated children.

I never paid attention to MelodyShreds until I recently found out (thanks to this place) that they're a creepy coomer who jacks off to both normal hentai and loli hentai. The fact that MelodyShreds actually posted a few times in the "Why Women Criticize Sexualized Character Designs" threads while being an OPEN coomer is absolutely criminal to me.
Malds kofi up 8% last night, from the same Stevy guy. 8% of $200 is $16, guessing Malds complained to him about being hungry so he gave some money for a DoorDash burger otherwise Malds would “starve” and die. 

Incredible racket

Edit: from stevarows mastodon:

[Image: WobOBDe.jpeg]

omfg
I think making fun of Ree posts is enough Banana Man, you don't have to look into the personal lives on BluSky of these clowns unless there is like an Amir0x situation and an actual crime is commited or it relates to some off-site drama that requires some context.

Trumps 
Donating to their Ko-Fi was a funny curveball that one time that left them perplexed. It wouldn't have the same impact if I did it again.
(09-09-2024, 01:20 PM)kaleidoscopium wrote: Malds kofi up 8% last night, from the same Stevy guy. 8% of $200 is $16, guessing Malds complained to him about being hungry so he gave some money for a DoorDash burger otherwise Malds would “starve” and die. 

Incredible racket

omfg

You seem to have researched more than me, what is making you think is not malds alt? Looking at kofi, seems fees are either 0, or 5%, so you could move small amounts around constantly like this without losing much/at all
(09-09-2024, 01:34 PM)Bootsthecat wrote:
(09-09-2024, 01:20 PM)kaleidoscopium wrote: Malds kofi up 8% last night, from the same Stevy guy. 8% of $200 is $16, guessing Malds complained to him about being hungry so he gave some money for a DoorDash burger otherwise Malds would “starve” and die. 

Incredible racket

omfg

You seem to have researched more than me, what is making you think is not malds alt? Looking at kofi, seems fees are either 0, or 5%, so you could move small amounts around constantly like this without losing much/at all

Entirely possible but I don’t see what the gain would be to just move money around, think it’s more likely Malds just attracted some weird pay pig that gets off on supporting the gundam habits of a 38 year old failson.

And this Stevy/Tessa/Stevarow person has posts on the web going back to around 2010 so having an alt in the wings that long seems rather unlikely but not impossible.
(09-09-2024, 01:29 PM)Nintex wrote: I think making fun of Ree posts is enough Banana Man, you don't have to look into the personal lives on BluSky of these clowns unless there is like an Amir0x situation and an actual crime is commited or it relates to some off-site drama that requires some context.

Trumps 
Donating to their Ko-Fi was a funny curveball that one time that left them perplexed. It wouldn't have the same impact if I did it again.
Lmao, say what?  lol I wasn't even doing that, and I was simply just going along with the stuff you guys had already posted.

And yeah, personally I don't even really care about off-site stuff in general, I was just listing some of the reasons of why Melody gets their bluesky posts screenshotted on here.

Also when I said "criminal", I meant it as a hyperbole, as in "it's criminal that they even stepped foot in a massive prude thread while being an openly proud coomer themselves"
(09-09-2024, 12:50 PM)DocWager wrote:
(09-09-2024, 12:09 PM)jooseloose wrote:

Even if it is a Mario clone to get one that actually legitimately looks ten times better running on a powerful system, and you’ve played 3D Mario’s before, Astro Bot instantly has a wow factor. I haven’t been this wowed by a first party game like this since GoW 3.
This is a big factor. I think everyone* who plays say, BotW or Odyssey on Switch (both great looking games with phenomenal art direction and obviously expert use of system resources) wonders at least once in a while: "damn, how might this game look on a system like the PS5?"

I'd argue even with Astro Bot, we don't know--I think Nintendo could do it one better on this kind of hardware--but it at least pulls back the veil on this kind of curiosity. 

*not literally everyone
THE HARDEST EVER

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

These clowns aint never played a NES game
(09-09-2024, 01:19 PM)BananaBlast wrote:
A reee poster.

As far as I'm aware, they don't post too much on Ree and prefer to lie low, so thankfully they're not the type that you frequently see spewing awful takes at every corner.

However the infamy comes from the fact that offsite, they're an e-begging, suicide-baiting, weird looking transgender person that posts really weird sex fantasies, and salivates over big tiddy waifus and loli children that they're cranking their hog too. Which is immediately perplexing and bizzare, as Resetera is a massive prude site, and bans anyone who sexualizes a woman, let alone freaking animated children.

I never paid attention to MelodyShreds until I recently found out (thanks to this place) that they're a creepy coomer who jacks off to both normal hentai and loli hentai. The fact that MelodyShreds actually posted a few times in the "Why Women Criticize Sexualized Character Designs" threads while being an OPEN coomer is absolutely criminal to me.

Basically that but he first did the actual fake suicide attempts on Era. Pretty much going a few posts till he dropped the KO-FI linked to “donate”. From there it was obvious he was a scammer. But the ones who rat out people, mostly trans members, don’t report him because they are all attention whores, and the ones that see through it the most won’t say anything because any little criticism against a trans member is an instant red flag for the mods.
DavidCroquet dateline='[url=tel:1725889406' wrote: 1725889406[/url]']
DocWager dateline='[url=tel:1725886211' wrote: 1725886211[/url]']
jooseloose dateline='[url=tel:1725883780' wrote: 1725883780[/url]']

This is a big factor. I think everyone* who plays say, BotW or Odyssey on Switch (both great looking games with phenomenal art direction and obviously expert use of system resources) wonders at least once in a while: "damn, how might this game look on a system like the PS5?"

I'd argue even with Astro Bot, we don't know--I think Nintendo could do it one better on this kind of hardware--but it at least pulls back the veil on this kind of curiosity. 

*not literally everyone

I kind of want to see a “serious” game now try this art style to be able to use these crazy physics on a PS5. That’s why I wouldn’t mind another more adult Jak game attempted again.
(09-09-2024, 09:25 AM)jooseloose wrote:
(09-08-2024, 10:48 PM)Taco Bell Tower wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/martyn-ware-of-heaven-17-80s-synth-pop-band-offered-by-rockstar-games-7-500-to-use-their-song-temptation-in-grand-theft-auto-6-martyn-insulted.974805/page-7#post-128332704
Quote:As a musician, this is genuinely insulting. You can choose to be anything and you choose to be both loud and wrong. Do you think musicians shouldn't be paid a normal rate? There's more than one person in this thread telling you that this is incredibly low in the industry, but you're inexperienced, uneducated, assumptions are the thing you're choosing to hang on to. You can get paid more for a single episode of television, hell a single scene where your song plays in the background. But obviously you're not asking questions in good faith, it's clear you don't actually care. If you're gonna use phrases like "factual reality" at least know the facts.
Quote:User Banned (1 Week): Concern trolling over multiple posts, account in junior phase
Quote:As a game developer you are the one being insulting here. How can you compare a single song on a radio track of 450 to a song/music in TV. The song on TV will always be heard by the audience because TV works in sequence. There is no player agency or choice. Unlike in a game like GTA. Where this song will be on one radio station with hundreds of other songs.

Of course you will get paid more if your song is the vocal point of a scene compared to the super background nature of a GTA radio song.

Don't try to bring your non-interactive sensibilities of tradition television to games.

What you are doing are insulting all of the hard working days developers and designers that bring the game to life.

The band who rejected the offer even said that all he cared for was the big and nothing else and yet you are sticking up for such a greedy musician who doesn't understand the nuances of video games.

I am disappointed in you princess_V
We all know that any time someone comes out with the "As a game developer" schtick on that forum, it means they're do doubt making some shit looking, little pixel art 2D platformer.

Same goes for the "As a musician" poster. Some songs uploaded to SoundCloud yeah?

5 PRINT "Type RUN to start the program"
10 PRINT "Hello!"
20 GOTO 10

I am now a computer programmer. Please listen while I tell you Concord is the greatest game ever.
Tune in for ZeoVGM watch, live!
Siren Siren 
https://www.resetera.com/threads/jamie-bennington-son-of-chester-bennington-speaks-out-against-emily-armstrong-and-mike-shinoda-after-the-announcement-of-linkin-park-reforming.975939/
Siren Siren
I don't understand why they didn't just start a new band with the new lady to avoid all this controversy.

Her perfomance is fine but it doesn't sound anything like Linkin Park, obviously I don't
3 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower, Venice
Because Rage Against the Machine sold twice as many records as Audioslave, is my guess lol.
4 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Potato, Switters, Venice
(09-09-2024, 04:08 PM)DavidCroquet wrote: Tune in for ZeoVGM watch, live!

https://www.resetera.com/threads/jamie-bennington-son-of-chester-bennington-speaks-out-against-emily-armstrong-and-mike-shinoda-after-the-announcement-of-linkin-park-reforming.975939/

One of the first cringe posts in that thread is this dude begging his lord and saviour B-Dumbs for permission if he can make a thread.

[Image: IJO3BIi.gif]

grang wrote:Just saw this and messaged B Dubs if making a thread while the other one is under review would be allowed...cause this is pretty huge (within that context of course)

It's easy now. Back to my previous state of good memories from when I was a fan 15-20 years ago, but otherwise indifference--and throw in some disappointment and loss of respect for the other members of the band

How pathetic do you have to be that you, a man presumably in your early 40's, have to grovel and plead for B-Dumbs blessing? Just make a thread and if it gets locked, then it's locked.

If these people got no balls on a forum, then I truly wonder how they function in real life.

Edit: This is near the top of the page, so here's a GIF of an old favourite, Victoria Justice, for you guyz to n-joy:

[Image: ntQXzlJ.gif]
Jawmuncher with more self-promotion https://www.resetera.com/threads/lrg-dreamcast-merch-revealed-for-pre-order-sega-franchises-to-get-merch-as-well-skies-of-arcadia-space-channel-5-shenmue-phantasy-star-more.975942/
[Image: GXC9w-LWoAALbw0?format=jpg]

Only the Hobby Box and Booster Box contain actual cards. Thats $24.99 for 20 cards and $124.99 for 120 cards. 

JawMuncher literally selling a $10 storage box to hold some trading cards in?  lol