Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
(10-08-2024, 02:05 AM)HaughtyFrank wrote: We've reached full Team bloober redemption

https://www.resetera.com/threads/lttp-i-played-the-medium-and-its-not-at-all-the-harmful-evil-game-that-been-made-out-to-be-online-its-narratively-interesting-to-explore.1003311/
https://www.resetera.com/threads/lttp-i-played-the-medium-and-its-not-at-all-the-harmful-evil-game-that-been-made-out-to-be-online-its-narratively-interesting-to-explore.1003311/page-3#post-129931731
messofanego wrote:[Image: nSZDma.png]
Yeah, if OP is going to misinterpret this, I'm not going to go along with their interpretations of this bobvids guy and apparently him calling the game "evil".

Someone let B-Dubs know he needs to purge the Master of Dossiers from the site...they're doxxing and endangering site members by digging through Deep Web Hate Sites (public Twitter posts).

EDIT: Apologies to visawife. It seems that Lord Fanny is the one who started all this with the tweets. And arguably Coffee, who first insinuated knowledge of these posts.
Lord Fanny wrote:He's specially talking about Twitter, where the OP started this line of thought and largely was reacting to another person's take on the game (which is what the original post that user was quoting was saying, that it felt like this was a reaction to something else online and he was having a hard time following it). This thread is mostly repackaged discourse from Twitter the OP repackaged here while taking out the other part of the conversation

If I may be a gay retard for a moment, I think it's bizarre that evidence of a "hot" conversation elsewhere is even being presented as any kind of indicator of anything. 

If I start talking politics in a bar--or, even more ill-advisedly, on Twitter--and call someone a fucking idiot over a tax policy disagreement, would that mean I am permanently barred from discussing tax law in a more thoughtful way elsewhere?  ??? ??? ???
(10-09-2024, 02:54 PM)killamajig wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/post-129925197
Quote:So I don't know where the right place to post this is but I've been seeing more and more trans people in recent days being notified by their GPs that they will stop prescribing them HRT

Quote:TheEchosOfTheCyborg
Holy fuck :(
Please let this be undone
Quote:Kyuuji
Nothing from my GP yet and now just sat anxious there will be. What the fuck?

edit: Put in a prescription request for estrogen and progesterone. I'm due on the former. Figure at best I'll get a fresh batch in, at worst I force the issue but know where I stand so I can think about what to do next. Thankfully I have a 2 month supply I cycle as a backup. So if this is it, at least I have some time to sort a solution.

Sickos

Bowdown TERF BITCH Bowdown

Sorry for all the Bire lovers of UK trooons. Get all your wanking in before they all transform back into ugly men. lol

Quote:transform back into ugly men

Point and Laugh
(10-09-2024, 02:26 PM)nachobro wrote:
(10-09-2024, 02:16 PM)Polident wrote: Nintendo announced an alarm clock. The tired community is leaving in droves.

Word wakker in een wereld lol

Quote:
Quote:No one is spending 100 dollars on an alarm clock for their child.
Just did! And one for me.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nintendo-has-announced-alarmo-a-sound-alarm-clock.1004802/page-14

Hilarious when someone is so proud of being a corporate mark
Can yall stop?
3 users liked this post: benji, D3RANG3D, Taco Bell Tower
Stay safe for anyone who lives in Florida. Hurricanes are pretty scary but fascinating at the same time.
3 users liked this post: Alpacx, D3RANG3D, Taco Bell Tower
(10-09-2024, 12:53 PM)Besticus Maximus wrote: Absolutely ridiculous to build a civilisation in a place where the weather does that in the first place imo

Failing a federal bailout of home insurance in the state, this problem will mostly solve itself over the next decade.
1 user liked this post: Taco Bell Tower
I know who can help them out.

[Image: bugsbunny-florida.gif]

It'll pass right by.
(10-09-2024, 03:14 PM)Cauliflower Of Love wrote: Can yall stop?

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952gzhf36a7e1cogv9cd9...y.gif&ct=g]
3 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, D3RANG3D, Taco Bell Tower
shinobi602

Quote:Goddamnit. I'm right in the highest flash flood risk area going by the maps. But I'm in Oviedo and last I checked around 50+ feet above sea level. Don't know if that matters and I'm not even sure if I'm in a specific flood zone or not. I don't think so but can't find any resources online. It's going to rain like crazy.

For the longest time I thought this guy lived somewhere in Asia, like Singapore or Taiwan. Unless I'm mistaking him for another user.

Top of the page Ana De Armas

[Image: qv5fc4sprdn51.jpg]
(10-09-2024, 03:24 PM)HardcoreRetro wrote: I know who can help them out.

It'll pass right by.
Why would you post that gif!!! 
Six
(10-09-2024, 03:14 PM)Cauliflower Of Love wrote: Can yall stop?

[Image: chris-jericho-would-you-please-shut-the-hell-up.gif]
(10-09-2024, 03:12 PM)HaughtyFrank wrote:
(10-09-2024, 02:26 PM)nachobro wrote:
(10-09-2024, 02:16 PM)Polident wrote: Nintendo announced an alarm clock. The tired community is leaving in droves.

Word wakker in een wereld lol

Quote:
Quote:No one is spending 100 dollars on an alarm clock for their child.
Just did! And one for me.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nintendo-has-announced-alarmo-a-sound-alarm-clock.1004802/page-14

Hilarious when someone is so proud of being a corporate mark

maximumzero wrote: Dang, some real "No fun allowed" folks in this thread.

Nintendo's still a toy company at heart, I want more of this kind of silliness.

They're making a real misstep by not shipping this thing with Animal Crossing content though.

“So fun to sell idiots 100 dollar alarm clocks”. Awesome
You WILL buy the $100 alarm clock and like it

Miyamoto

It'll pass right by.

Oh my god, I can't believe you'd actually post this gif

Quote:The gif of Bugs Bunny removing Florida is now banned from sensitive political threads concerning the state.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-policy-update-log-5-22-update-florida-gifs-are-banned-in-sensitive-political-threads.709904/post-106038949

Benji, I know you're not banning many people here BUT THE LINE HAS BEEN CROSSED
(10-09-2024, 03:25 PM)AnnoyedCanadian wrote: shinobi602

Quote:Goddamnit. I'm right in the highest flash flood risk area going by the maps. But I'm in Oviedo and last I checked around 50+ feet above sea level. Don't know if that matters and I'm not even sure if I'm in a specific flood zone or not. I don't think so but can't find any resources online. It's going to rain like crazy.

For the longest time I thought this guy lived somewhere in Asia, like Singapore or Taiwan. Unless I'm mistaking him for another user.

Does she have a penis?
3 users liked this post: Potato, D3RANG3D, Taco Bell Tower

It'll pass right by.

I endorse this
No. And fuck me, I thought Bailey still looked like the image I posted, aged overnight like a pear.

Juche Sad Not like this! Existential You could have just walked away
Cat_Ballou

Quote:I posted in the genocide thread but I'm posting this here as well to make sure uK folks see, there's a Reddit thread on what to do if you get one of those letters:

https://www.reddit.com/r/transgenderUK/comments/1fzmnmq/for_those_losing_access_to_hrt/

Any who actually believes there is a "trans genocide" is a fucking retard and I will never take them seriously.

Pedophile Shreds

Quote:Jesus Christ that is massive escalation of trans genocide on the UKs part what the fuck.

Stay safe ;;

Shut the fuck up you obese balding fuck. Go back to building your Gundams while you beg for money for food when you live with your parents.

FUCK THE
(10-09-2024, 03:25 PM)AnnoyedCanadian wrote: shinobi602

how big a cawk
5 users liked this post: Potato, nachobro, D3RANG3D, Taco Bell Tower, Jansen
(10-09-2024, 01:59 PM)Cauliflower Of Love wrote: guys, bailey jay pmed me, can you stop talking about them please?

Thanks

Ill be honest some of you are assholes about trans people. 

Especially yall stalking that one person.
(10-09-2024, 02:15 PM)Jansen wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/its-2024-and-yes-its-still-a-trans-genocide-an-faq-and-what-you-can-do-about-it-today-and-beyond.811257/page-4#post-129927789

Quote:I've been recommend to share a post I made on the UK transphobia thread here

Desperation

Melody Shreds 
Quote:Jesus Christ that is massive escalation of trans genocide on the UKs part what the fuck.

Stay safe ;;
Alright fellas, which one of you is this...

https://www.resetera.com/threads/lttp-i-played-the-medium-and-its-not-at-all-the-harmful-evil-game-that-been-made-out-to-be-online-its-narratively-interesting-to-explore.1003311/page-3#post-129936636
MmNow wrote:I'm not going to point out individual posts, but absolutely there are some that I think sit more on the side of puritanism than on debate, by the very nature of the themes explored. I'm sorry to cut off like that, but I don't want people to think I'm calling them out.

Our conversation is probably about the nature of harm. Sorry to put words in your mouth, but I think your first thought is to protect people. i find that admirable. Nothing wrong with that instinct.

But I'm not convinced The Medium has harmed anyone. I'm not sure Cuties, or Blonde or Sound of Freedom have made any noticeable impact either, for better or for worse, and they were each more mainstream in being attacked.

So who are we protecting from this harm, and for what reason? Who defines harm? Why should they get to decide their version of harm is the version everybody has to pay attention to?

Ultimately, it is better to explore ideas than either try to appeal to everybody at once or, worse, back off from something because maybe someone thinks it harms them. And, let's be real, anything that is worth making art about is going to have people who claim harm.

This is far outside the purview of this thread, but wanted to go a little deeper on where I'm coming from.
They still keep calling the developer Blooper. Like motherfucker, they freak out over pronouns for some actor they've never met but can't get a damn studio's name correct.

literally shaking
(10-09-2024, 04:20 PM)Cauliflower Of Love wrote: Ill be honest some of you are assholes about trans people. 

You're kinda being a whiny bitch today

Maybe this isn't the thread for you?
(10-09-2024, 04:15 PM)Uncle wrote:
(10-09-2024, 01:59 PM)Cauliflower Of Love wrote: guys, bailey jay pmed me, can you stop talking about them please?

Thanks

“GABBY JAY!”

“GAY!”

“FUCK CHARLIE!”
3 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, D3RANG3D, AnnoyedCanadian
I'm just trying to make this genocide go as quickly and smoothly as possible  Marimo
(10-09-2024, 04:54 PM)Jansen wrote:
(10-09-2024, 04:20 PM)Cauliflower Of Love wrote: Ill be honest some of you are assholes about trans people. 

You're kinda being a whiny bitch today

Maybe this isn't the thread for you?

nah, i'm good

Maybe stop being bigots? yeah?
(10-09-2024, 04:31 PM)DavidCroquet wrote: Alright fellas, which one of you is this...

https://www.resetera.com/threads/lttp-i-played-the-medium-and-its-not-at-all-the-harmful-evil-game-that-been-made-out-to-be-online-its-narratively-interesting-to-explore.1003311/page-3#post-129936636
MmNow wrote:I'm not going to point out individual posts, but absolutely there are some that I think sit more on the side of puritanism than on debate, by the very nature of the themes explored. I'm sorry to cut off like that, but I don't want people to think I'm calling them out.

Our conversation is probably about the nature of harm. Sorry to put words in your mouth, but I think your first thought is to protect people. i find that admirable. Nothing wrong with that instinct.

But I'm not convinced The Medium has harmed anyone. I'm not sure Cuties, or Blonde or Sound of Freedom have made any noticeable impact either, for better or for worse, and they were each more mainstream in being attacked.

So who are we protecting from this harm, and for what reason? Who defines harm? Why should they get to decide their version of harm is the version everybody has to pay attention to?

Ultimately, it is better to explore ideas than either try to appeal to everybody at once or, worse, back off from something because maybe someone thinks it harms them. And, let's be real, anything that is worth making art about is going to have people who claim harm.

This is far outside the purview of this thread, but wanted to go a little deeper on where I'm coming from.

Nice alt…
(10-09-2024, 04:31 PM)DavidCroquet wrote: Alright fellas, which one of you is this...

This whole shit does feel like virtue signaling to me. Like this one fawning over Blooper including a QR code for a suicide hotline when the game loads

Quote:

Very cool from Bloober, if that QR code helps even one person to think about either getting help for themselves or tackling their abuser in a safe way, that's just one thing done. Very very cool!

Sorry but I continue thinking trigger warnings for a horror game are some dumb shit. 
As the guy you quoted says, the way people claim "Harm" is caused by media continues to sound completely overblown to me. 
But hey, Bloober has done the right thing and included a QR code and spoilt some stuff in the trigger warnings, hooray, literally saving lives!