Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
shit, is B-Dubs endangering the mods???

[Image: 200w.gif?cid=6c09b952nsuh33dw996eb29o6r9...d=200w.gif]
(10-11-2024, 07:08 PM)AnnoyedCanadian wrote: LanceX2 aka I'm about to be banned

Quote:Clearly means he doesnt support biologically born males playing against biologically born females.

Banplz

NicoNicoRose

[Image: 87835-m.jpg]

Quote:Trans women are women, not "bIoLoGiCalLy BoRn MaLeS"

What

On the risk of sounding hypocritical because earlier I said we should cool it with the transphobia, this is the kind of bullshit the trans movement needs to quit. Trans women are not women, that's because they're trans. They're trans women. Even all the "genocide" talk only makes sense in the context that they have completely different requirements from normal women. I'm happy to do the whole "life your own life how you want" thing, but it becomes bullshit when they try to reframe reality.
(10-11-2024, 02:06 PM)Propagandhim wrote:
Nepenthe wrote:Your moral indignation at any of Harris policies doesn't actually matter when you cast your ballot for her, because you are not voting on the individual bullet points of her platform. You're voting for her to enact the entirety of the platform she outlined to the best of her ability. Crying that it's so hard for you to cast your vote because you really, really, really disagree with her foreign policy doesn't mean anything to the victims of that foreign policy. You still gave her the power to kill them.

It's all a personal signaling to other people.  You want to be able to be an activist and also say, "I didn't vote for this person.  So it's not on me."  It degrades your cred to have to vote for small wins, to accept a little bit of progress, or to compromise and not get everything you want politically all at once instead of just wholesale rejecting it and getting to maintain your reputation as a hardline activist.  Have fun getting nowhere, as usual.

This is why the left is failing all over the world. They are beholden to retards like Nep whose moral absolutism requires that everyone be perfect all of the time (except Nep, of course).

You win by voting for the party that best represents your beliefs, or at least the party that will keep the guys who least represent your beliefs out of power. Once they are in power, you can then apply pressure to ensure the less favorable parts of their policy platform are wound back and watered down. 

You don't win by giving the "bad guys" power.

Such fucking retards man.
(10-11-2024, 04:34 PM)Jansen wrote:
(10-11-2024, 04:35 AM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/this-forbes-article-about-what-needs-to-change-with-gen-z-being-fired-shows-the-problem-with-corporate-america-and-older-generations.1006680/page-3#post-130013481

Melody Shreds wrote:Actually putting in the work and effort doesn't actually reward most people in their jobs so I understand the mindset, I put everything for my work for a decade and got nothing out of it besides debilitating mental illness, and they still fired me in the end instead of working around my illness.
Maybe I'm just being hopeful but I think capitalism eventually falls apart if the working class stops giving a shit about it.

As i figured, malds has no physical disability. They are just a lazy piece of shit that's going to live off of mommy and daddy until they die

Malds is more likely to get sick and tired of waiting to inherit and go full Menendez brothers.
Concord thread
https://www.resetera.com/threads/concord-sales-ceasing-immediately-offering-refunds-to-all-customers-the-game-will-be-taken-offline-beginning-sept-6th-check-staff-post.970872/page-92#post-130023825
Quote:I mean why wouldn't they? Considering how much money was spent. Burying it would be the worst idea. F2P gives it a chance and is what people were begging for before they released it. I'll also give it a shot I guess. Have y'all seen the insane art and animations this game has? I'd check it out just for that.
Derp

https://www.resetera.com/threads/concord-sales-ceasing-immediately-offering-refunds-to-all-customers-the-game-will-be-taken-offline-beginning-sept-6th-check-staff-post.970872/page-94#post-130028781
Quote:People didn't even touch the open beta so I don't know how much going f2p would even help
Quote:Concord was one of the biggest news stories of the year, for what it's worth, and it definitely wasnt that during the open beta. I would bet a LOT more people would at least check it out when it comes back f2p just to see what is going on with the game
Yes, biggest newest stories of the year for being the biggest bomba but I think Until Dawn remastered beat it  PlayStation™ Fan Discussing Their Fine Products

https://www.resetera.com/threads/concord-sales-ceasing-immediately-offering-refunds-to-all-customers-the-game-will-be-taken-offline-beginning-sept-6th-check-staff-post.970872/page-94#post-130029177
Quote:This Morbius logic?
Quote:No? They aren't bringing it back for the memes, the game was decent to good, it just needs a little retooling and maybe better character designs and flavor along with being f2p. It will obviously be picked up by alot of streamers if it re-launches, and if it turns out good it could have a minor revival, even if it's short-lived.
PlayStation™ Fan Discussing Their Fine Products

https://www.resetera.com/threads/concord-sales-ceasing-immediately-offering-refunds-to-all-customers-the-game-will-be-taken-offline-beginning-sept-6th-check-staff-post.970872/page-95#post-130033626
Quote:I can't speak to the mediocrity of the game since I didn't play it. To an outsider though, it seemed polished with a high production value.
To Jawmuncher point though, it just seemed uninspired and bland aesthetically and tonally.

I do think to a degree it's a victim of incel criticism. I saw so many people online call it "woke" and talk about "robot pronouns" and I wonder how much of a negative effect that had on reception. A massive effect? No, but I think being dragged into the culture war by idiots might have played a part.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/concord-sales-ceasing-immediately-offering-refunds-to-all-customers-the-game-will-be-taken-offline-beginning-sept-6th-check-staff-post.970872/page-95#post-130038633
Quote:I really enjoyed the game, so I'd love for it to come back.

I never got the hate for the character designs. I feel like a lot of people wanted badly to find a reason why the game failed, other than "yeah, it was just bad timing in an extremely competitive subgenre".

Concord just got a lot of news coverage because it's a Sony release. Meanwhile, TONS of other perfectly well made pvp shooters just go the way of the dodo on a regular basis and no one says two words about their deaths.

That's just the truth of gaming these days. There are just too many games, and especially younger gamers, tend to just play one lifestyle game, rather than moving from game to game like older players who grew up with single player games tend to.
What coverage?  People only heard about it cuz it bombed so hard  PlayStation™ Fan Discussing Their Fine Products
Malds keeps having creepy avatars as well. It's like dude, chill it already. I can only imagine his social media feed is even worse.

Top of the page Sydney Sweeney

[Image: ip005p4i14ud1.gif]

Whoo
(10-11-2024, 06:56 PM)Taco Bell Tower wrote:
(10-11-2024, 11:57 AM)DavidCroquet wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/ex-freegunners-of-era-now-concord-has-been-dead-for-over-a-month-what-games-have-you-moved-on-to.1007040/

ignore the overwhelmingly huge vote of people that didn’t play concord. instead notice that the “i didn’t like concord and stopped playing before it closed down” is equal to the sum of all “i liked concord and…” vote totals.

thisisyourking.jpg

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ex-freegunners-of-era-now-concord-has-been-dead-for-over-a-month-what-games-have-you-moved-on-to.1007040/#post-130020174
Quote:nothing, i can't game now, i cant see my wife or the kids, its difficult to wake up every morning
Feels bad, man

I liked this one two posts down: 

Quote:wouldn't it have been quicker to message them directly?
Win
(10-11-2024, 07:01 PM)AnnoyedCanadian wrote: Nep aka I hate the Jews

Quote:Saying as someone who was literally attacked by my own boss in this thread hours ago—

Your concern about the tone of discussion is severely misplaced in light of what's happening to people far less fortunate than you hopefully will ever be in your lifetime.

If you feel you're on a roundabout, you are free to exit anytime. The majority of threads on this forum have nothing to do with the issue, so you can take shelter there.

MY OWN BOSS? YOU'RE ON ADMIN ON A FAR LEFT / COMMUNIST FORUM.

We all keep fantasising about "what if Nep ran the forum", but the reality is that she already IS running the forum. 

lmao

B-Dumbs has been castrated by that angry midget so many times now, with complete impunity, that there's no way she's not calling all the shots.

The current state of the forum is a reflection of what it would be like with Nep in charge. It's just not official.
(10-11-2024, 07:40 PM)Taco Bell Tower wrote:
Quote:.

I do think to a degree it's a victim of incel criticism. I saw so many people online call it "woke" and talk about "robot pronouns" and I wonder how much of a negative effect that had on reception. A massive effect? No, but I think being dragged into the culture war by idiots might have played a part.

Dragged into the culture war? Sorry, but when you put pronouns in the character select screen you charge right into it
(10-11-2024, 07:40 PM)Taco Bell Tower wrote: Concord thread
https://www.resetera.com/threads/concord-sales-ceasing-immediately-offering-refunds-to-all-customers-the-game-will-be-taken-offline-beginning-sept-6th-check-staff-post.970872/page-92#post-130023825
Quote:I mean why wouldn't they? Considering how much money was spent. Burying it would be the worst idea. F2P gives it a chance and is what people were begging for before they released it. I'll also give it a shot I guess. Have y'all seen the insane art and animations this game has? I'd check it out just for that.
Derp

https://www.resetera.com/threads/concord-sales-ceasing-immediately-offering-refunds-to-all-customers-the-game-will-be-taken-offline-beginning-sept-6th-check-staff-post.970872/page-94#post-130028781
Quote:People didn't even touch the open beta so I don't know how much going f2p would even help
Quote:Concord was one of the biggest news stories of the year, for what it's worth, and it definitely wasnt that during the open beta. I would bet a LOT more people would at least check it out when it comes back f2p just to see what is going on with the game
Yes, biggest newest stories of the year for being the biggest bomba but I think Until Dawn remastered beat it  PlayStation™ Fan Discussing Their Fine Products

https://www.resetera.com/threads/concord-sales-ceasing-immediately-offering-refunds-to-all-customers-the-game-will-be-taken-offline-beginning-sept-6th-check-staff-post.970872/page-94#post-130029177
Quote:No? They aren't bringing it back for the memes, the game was decent to good, it just needs a little retooling and maybe better character designs and flavor along with being f2p. It will obviously be picked up by alot of streamers if it re-launches, and if it turns out good it could have a minor revival, even if it's short-lived.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/concord-sales-ceasing-immediately-offering-refunds-to-all-customers-the-game-will-be-taken-offline-beginning-sept-6th-check-staff-post.970872/page-95#post-130033626
Quote:I can't speak to the mediocrity of the game since I didn't play it. To an outsider though, it seemed polished with a high production value.
To Jawmuncher point though, it just seemed uninspired and bland aesthetically and tonally.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/concord-sales-ceasing-immediately-offering-refunds-to-all-customers-the-game-will-be-taken-offline-beginning-sept-6th-check-staff-post.970872/page-95#post-130038633

I never got the hate for the character designs. I feel like a lot of people wanted badly to find a reason why the game failed, other than "yeah, it was just bad timing in an extremely competitive subgenre".

Concord just got a lot of news coverage because it's a Sony release. Meanwhile, TONS of other perfectly well made pvp shooters just go the way of the dodo on a regular basis and no one says two words about their deaths.

That's just the truth of gaming these days. There are just too many games, and especially younger gamers, tend to just play one lifestyle game, rather than moving from game to game like older players who grew up with single player games tend to.
What coverage?  People only heard about it cuz it bombed so hard  PlayStation™ Fan Discussing Their Fine Products

Whoever was complaining about never wanting to see this emote again, you need to come get your boys. If Soyny fans are gonna be retards, then this emote is gonna be used.
(10-11-2024, 07:41 PM)AnnoyedCanadian wrote: Top of the page Sydney Sweeney

[Image: ip005p4i14ud1.gif]

Whoo

Hello!
Zukkoyaki
Quote:The challenge levels in Astro make Elden Ring look bitch-made.

I'm dogshit at games and got the platinum trophy in Astro Bot. So did around 19% of people who have booted up the game at least once as well.

It's about timing. Then again these idiots are awful at games.

IDontBeatGames

Quote:So that's why they suddenly put the first Tomb Raider Remastered collection on sale recently. Guess I might need to check out the first collection then!

Doubtful. With his retarded username being literal he probably wouldn't even play the games.
CDKeys are selling the Xbox version of Metaphor for 45 quid.
5 users liked this post: D3RANG3D, Taco Bell Tower, Boredfrom, Nintex, kaleidoscopium
NepNep needs to go to era HR and make a formal complaint against the boss tbh.
Cerium hasn’t been banned 

lol
(10-11-2024, 07:01 PM)AnnoyedCanadian wrote: Nep aka I hate the Jews

Quote:Saying as someone who was literally attacked by my own boss in this thread hours ago—

Your concern about the tone of discussion is severely misplaced in light of what's happening to people far less fortunate than you hopefully will ever be in your lifetime.
Hey, remember what you said a few hours earlier?
Nepenthe wrote:If anyone votes for Harris to protect their loved ones, then that's the lever they're pulling. But they cannot then turn around to me and say that they care equally for anyone affected by Middle Eastern policy. Like, on the surface, they're admitting that their family and friends come first. And humans being humans are going to act in ways that protect those whom they consider to be part of their proverbial tribe or pack. This isn't really surprising or excessively condemnable, per se; I'm not Peter Singer levels of extreme.
The user is properly placing his focus on the local community (the forum) where he has a voice and can have an impact on immediate local social relations rather than raging impotently about complex foreign events completely disconnected from his existence and would accomplish nearly as much as if he raged to the Heavens.

(10-11-2024, 07:08 PM)AnnoyedCanadian wrote: NicoNicoRose

[Image: 87835-m.jpg]

Quote:Trans women are women, not "bIoLoGiCalLy BoRn MaLeS"
What makes them women? Use as many words as you'd like. Society
Nep completely emasculated B-Dumbs in front of the whole community. And B-Dumbs capitulated--like he always do--like the little cuck midget he is.
Just pathetic, shameful behavior from B-Dumbs, but all the embarrassment and misery he now feels is wholly deserved and earned lol
The only way he’ll get Nep’s respect back is if he busts out the N word.
EvilLore would never…
4 users liked this post: D3RANG3D, killamajig, Taco Bell Tower, Averon
(10-11-2024, 08:23 PM)almostheathen wrote: NepNep needs to go to era HR and make a formal complaint against the boss tbh.

She should go to the era union!
(10-11-2024, 08:04 PM)Potato wrote:
(10-11-2024, 07:40 PM)Taco Bell Tower wrote: Concord thread
Derp

Whoever was complaining about never wanting to see this emote again, you need to come get your boys. If Soyny fans are gonna be retards, then this emote is gonna be used.

I don’t mind the emote but I want one similar for Nintendo and Xbox. Bolo
3 users liked this post: D3RANG3D, Alpacx, Taco Bell Tower
https://www.resetera.com/threads/biden-administration-no-longer-supporting-an-immediate-ceasefire-in-lebanon.1005735/page-10#post-130044888

IrishNinja wrote:
AlexFlame116 wrote:That edit post was heinous. It's amazing how much can be swept away just like that when a mod does it. Especially a mod that lost their cool in such a disappointing way.
yeah, it's something to come at a queer POC with that sexually charged hostility, another thing entirely to do so publicly to a subordinate
fuck the TOS, that conduct would get you cut from any paying job
Sickos (furry edition)
Bdubs emasculating himself in front of everyone instead of finally having a backbone and removing Nep as a mod. I’d be absolutely humiliated for apologizing to that supporter of terrorism.
BDumbs capacity for taking the wrong forum action is astonishing.

He show weakness to the worst elements of the forum.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/biden-administration-no-longer-supporting-an-immediate-ceasefire-in-lebanon.1005735/page-9#post-130022415
Jeb wrote:My blood boiled as he spoke everything I felt here on era.

Every time we got shouted down, especially with those Biden threads months ago.

Every one of those users who came into Palestine threads just to yell at us "BuT TrUmP wOuLd Be WoRSe".

All those who told us to back our killers, our murderers, because it is the only way.
Brawly Likes to Brawl wrote:The attitudes I've seen over the past year feel akin to the type of things an abuser would say to their victim. "Who will you go to? No one will treat you better than me."

I'm not sure how someone can make that argument in earnest without realizing how fucked up they're being but I really shouldn't be surprised. The democratic party views minorities as votes that have no where else to go, not people that need to be convinced.
Brawly Likes to Brawl wrote:
Quote:Problem is, are they wrong? You think Trump's GOP is going to be cool with minorities?
I realize this question is likely rhetorical, but please stop asking us this. It is immensely patronizing.
OnionPowder wrote:
B-Dubs wrote:edit: came out meaner than I meant it, I apologize for that
So when you do it, you can just edit it away and pretend it didn't exist. Would love to see this leniency provided to a poster whose country is being bombarded by your candidate.
JonesiiiFromtheMoon wrote:A mirror of the American system for sure.
Quote:Why even have these threads?

They always end up with the same handful of people accusing others of tone-policing, shouting down, and misrepresent them … as they tone-police, shout down, and misrepresent others.

Yeah I've been part of that too. Feels like the whole culture and community here is broken.
Booshka wrote:This thread was able to extract some of the best discourse around this subject in a long time, and some of the worst, but thems the breaks.

Better than keeping our collective heads in the sand.
Scuffed wrote:Exactly. The discussion here has actually been allowed to breath instead of getting shut down and all of us quarantined again in the Israel/Palestine thread. No one can even approach this topic in the Politics thread and the Israel Palestine thread can't have election talk so where the fuck are we supposed to discuss anything? Threads like this are long over due.
Quote:Sure there's been some quality stuff, but if anything viewing the only alternative to tone-policing, shouting down, and misrepresenting others in an internet argument as 'keeping our heads in the sand' is further demonstration of the problem ☹️
Quote:The discussion is allowed to breathe for once and it's like, "why does this thread exist."
Scuffed wrote:I've seen it so much. It's usually from people that have debated too much in said thread, came across looking poorly so they blame everyone else for toxic discourse and want the thread closed. This thread has been very civil. I don't even think there has been many bans if any. The discussion can be circular but shit the Poli thread is literally just people arguing over margin of error polls and freaking out. If that discussion is considered worthwhile then this should be.
IrishNinja wrote:agreed, still waiting on a reckoning with why stunts like this resulted in so many palestinian, muslim and leftist accounts ending up banned or chased off

maybe after the election? but then only if it goes for their team; the open hostility for these target groups if trump returns is likely to be pretty vile, in which case maybe it's for the best that all this was allowed, i guess
hashen wrote:lol it's been 4 years since AsianEra left en masse. There's not gonna be a reckoning. This site has a big issue when geopolitics is mixed with racism/imperialist history.
Quote:It's not about it being happy. Just the ability to calmly discuss the ins and outs of something without it devolving into tone-policing, shouting people down, and general debate lording.

Are people like that in real life sometimes? Sure, but the internet is a huge accelerant. None of my interactions with anyone in real life, including about this topic, are like this. I had an IRL meeting two weeks ago with my local NIMBY group about their vocal opposition to affordable housing in our neighborhood, a meeting where we went in knowing the other party vehemently disagrees with us, and even that was more good faith and productive than social media shit.
JonesiiiFromtheMoon wrote:With this, I think back to a quote by W.E.B. Dubois after finding out a black man by the name of Sam Hose had been lynched and his knuckles displayed out of a grocery store window.
"Two considerations thereafter broke in upon my work and eventually disrupted it: first, one could not be a calm, cool, and detached scientist while Negroes were lynched, murdered, and starved;"

We shouldn't prioritize detachment over truth.
Conversations about genocide are likely to have emotion. A conversation is not gonna be this sterile thing where emotions are left at the door. The importance placed on "objectivity" has always been weaponized against marginalized people, especially POC. Like , "why have the threads?". Because the discussion and info is important even if it makes you feel uncomfortable.
Quote:That edit post was heinous. It's amazing how much can be swept away just like that when a mod does it. Especially a mod that lost their cool in such a disappointing way.

I appreciate Nepenthe for being so level headed especially towards people who even now continue to wag their fingers at others saying that if they don't vote Harris then Trump will be far worse. Like okay? Thanks? I'm sure that helps with the moral issue at hand when Biden himself is now more than okay with sending everything he can. And Harris can't even disagree at the moment. She can't prove herself. Or we don't even know if she actually agrees with Biden's barbaric takes.

People, especially hardcore leftists, mocked and attacked others who weren't wanting to vote for Biden mercilessly. And now it's gonna start again.
IrishNinja wrote:yeah, it's something to come at a queer POC with that sexually charged hostility, another thing entirely to do so publicly to a subordinate

Lots of other great posts:
Quote:On point.

Fucking tired of Western capitalism and its' pathological greed. It makes me sick that candidates offer no credible alternative to this sick system. Trump would be worse, but the Democrats have been very complicit in creating the conditions for Trump, but constantly resisting fundamental economic and geopolitical change away from Western and US centrisim.
Scuffed wrote:It wasn't violent but Bush/Cheney were actually successful in stealing an election. This article is pretty good in pointing out how articles that said Bush didn't steal the election were wrong.

It doesn't even discuss the Brooks Brothers riots which were an inspiration for Trump. Bush was horrific for the world.
Imagine being stabbed in the back by a carrot.
benji dateline='[url=tel:1728680511' wrote: 1728680511[/url]']
https://www.resetera.com/threads/biden-administration-no-longer-supporting-an-immediate-ceasefire-in-lebanon.1005735/page-9#post-130022415
Jeb wrote:My blood boiled as he spoke everything I felt here on era.

Every time we got shouted down, especially with those Biden threads months ago.

Every one of those users who came into Palestine threads just to yell at us "BuT TrUmP wOuLd Be WoRSe".

All those who told us to back our killers, our murderers, because it is the only way.
Brawly Likes to Brawl wrote:The attitudes I've seen over the past year feel akin to the type of things an abuser would say to their victim. "Who will you go to? No one will treat you better than me."

I'm not sure how someone can make that argument in earnest without realizing how fucked up they're being but I really shouldn't be surprised. The democratic party views minorities as votes that have no where else to go, not people that need to be convinced.
Brawly Likes to Brawl wrote:
Quote:Problem is, are they wrong? You think Trump's GOP is going to be cool with minorities?
I realize this question is likely rhetorical, but please stop asking us this. It is immensely patronizing.
OnionPowder wrote:
B-Dubs wrote:edit: came out meaner than I meant it, I apologize for that
So when you do it, you can just edit it away and pretend it didn't exist. Would love to see this leniency provided to a poster whose country is being bombarded by your candidate.
JonesiiiFromtheMoon wrote:A mirror of the American system for sure.
Quote:Why even have these threads?

They always end up with the same handful of people accusing others of tone-policing, shouting down, and misrepresent them … as they tone-police, shout down, and misrepresent others.

Yeah I've been part of that too. Feels like the whole culture and community here is broken.
Booshka wrote:This thread was able to extract some of the best discourse around this subject in a long time, and some of the worst, but thems the breaks.

Better than keeping our collective heads in the sand.
Scuffed wrote:Exactly. The discussion here has actually been allowed to breath instead of getting shut down and all of us quarantined again in the Israel/Palestine thread. No one can even approach this topic in the Politics thread and the Israel Palestine thread can't have election talk so where the fuck are we supposed to discuss anything? Threads like this are long over due.
Quote:Sure there's been some quality stuff, but if anything viewing the only alternative to tone-policing, shouting down, and misrepresenting others in an internet argument as 'keeping our heads in the sand' is further demonstration of the problem ☹️
Quote:The discussion is allowed to breathe for once and it's like, "why does this thread exist."
Scuffed wrote:I've seen it so much. It's usually from people that have debated too much in said thread, came across looking poorly so they blame everyone else for toxic discourse and want the thread closed. This thread has been very civil. I don't even think there has been many bans if any. The discussion can be circular but shit the Poli thread is literally just people arguing over margin of error polls and freaking out. If that discussion is considered worthwhile then this should be.
IrishNinja wrote:agreed, still waiting on a reckoning with why stunts like this resulted in so many palestinian, muslim and leftist accounts ending up banned or chased off

maybe after the election? but then only if it goes for their team; the open hostility for these target groups if trump returns is likely to be pretty vile, in which case maybe it's for the best that all this was allowed, i guess
hashen wrote:lol it's been 4 years since AsianEra left en masse. There's not gonna be a reckoning. This site has a big issue when geopolitics is mixed with racism/imperialist history.
Quote:It's not about it being happy. Just the ability to calmly discuss the ins and outs of something without it devolving into tone-policing, shouting people down, and general debate lording.

Are people like that in real life sometimes? Sure, but the internet is a huge accelerant. None of my interactions with anyone in real life, including about this topic, are like this. I had an IRL meeting two weeks ago with my local NIMBY group about their vocal opposition to affordable housing in our neighborhood, a meeting where we went in knowing the other party vehemently disagrees with us, and even that was more good faith and productive than social media shit.
JonesiiiFromtheMoon wrote:With this, I think back to a quote by W.E.B. Dubois after finding out a black man by the name of Sam Hose had been lynched and his knuckles displayed out of a grocery store window.
"Two considerations thereafter broke in upon my work and eventually disrupted it: first, one could not be a calm, cool, and detached scientist while Negroes were lynched, murdered, and starved;"

We shouldn't prioritize detachment over truth.
Conversations about genocide are likely to have emotion. A conversation is not gonna be this sterile thing where emotions are left at the door. The importance placed on "objectivity" has always been weaponized against marginalized people, especially POC. Like , "why have the threads?". Because the discussion and info is important even if it makes you feel uncomfortable.
Quote:That edit post was heinous. It's amazing how much can be swept away just like that when a mod does it. Especially a mod that lost their cool in such a disappointing way.

I appreciate Nepenthe for being so level headed especially towards people who even now continue to wag their fingers at others saying that if they don't vote Harris then Trump will be far worse. Like okay? Thanks? I'm sure that helps with the moral issue at hand when Biden himself is now more than okay with sending everything he can. And Harris can't even disagree at the moment. She can't prove herself. Or we don't even know if she actually agrees with Biden's barbaric takes.

People, especially hardcore leftists, mocked and attacked others who weren't wanting to vote for Biden mercilessly. And now it's gonna start again.
IrishNinja wrote:yeah, it's something to come at a queer POC with that sexually charged hostility, another thing entirely to do so publicly to a subordinate

Lots of other great posts:
Quote:On point.

Fucking tired of Western capitalism and its' pathological greed. It makes me sick that candidates offer no credible alternative to this sick system. Trump would be worse, but the Democrats have been very complicit in creating the conditions for Trump, but constantly resisting fundamental economic and geopolitical change away from Western and US centrisim.
Scuffed wrote:It wasn't violent but Bush/Cheney were actually successful in stealing an election. This article is pretty good in pointing out how articles that said Bush didn't steal the election were wrong.

It doesn't even discuss the Brooks Brothers riots which were an inspiration for Trump. Bush was horrific for the world.

Quote:The importance placed on "objectivity" has always been weaponized against marginalized people, especially POC.

Scum of the earth. Made real change more difficult because we need to “respect” the minority of a minority.
(10-11-2024, 09:06 PM)books wrote: Imagine being stabbed in the back by a carrot.

Imagine thinking that Nepenthe has your back in anything. lol 

She showed how little she cared about online friendships when she belittled Red Mercury. Or how her principles can be accommodated when she defended the Five Nights at Freddy’ guy because that game was part of her childhood or whatever.
(10-11-2024, 08:55 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/biden-administration-no-longer-supporting-an-immediate-ceasefire-in-lebanon.1005735/page-10#post-130044888

IrishNinja wrote:
AlexFlame116 wrote:That edit post was heinous. It's amazing how much can be swept away just like that when a mod does it. Especially a mod that lost their cool in such a disappointing way.
yeah, it's something to come at a queer POC with that sexually charged hostility, another thing entirely to do so publicly to a subordinate
Sickos (furry edition)

Mouf  Oh my!  I want some examples of B-Dubs doing that.
(10-11-2024, 09:06 PM)Boredfrom wrote:
Quote:The importance placed on "objectivity" has always been weaponized against marginalized people, especially POC.

Scum of the earth. Made real change more difficult because we need to “respect” the minority of a minority.
Look, people of color are just too inherently stupid to be objective and properly exist in our shared reality, let alone convince other people with their arguments, that's why you just need to agree with everything they say no matter what.