Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
TylenolJones dateline='[url=tel:1710094447' wrote: 1710094447[/url]']
Fun thread in the making

https://www.resetera.com/threads/coffee-and-cars-meetup-in-houston-tx-permanently-bans-all-modern-muscle-cars.825699/?post=120296082#post-120296082

This is the first reply. 
Quote:Things that technically aren't racist but certainly feel racist

Rofl

These people have absolutely no social life outside their small bubble. They have no actual fucking clue who drives these things. They don’t want loudmouth asshole who have no social control at these fucking events.
I don’t think bdumbs has anything to fear if the poligaf folks leave, the new class of political thinkers on ResetEra are some of the smartest they’ve had. 

Quote:A Seth Abramson tweet

BFIB wrote:If the judge denies the bond, does that mean Trump has to pay from his own accounts?

BFIB wrote:
Quote:I wasn't aware your payment of bond could be denied! That's a thing?
It's news to me as well. I'm learning so much about the court system in these threads.

Rofl 

https://www.resetera.com/threads/e-jean-carroll-v-donald-j-trump-up-jury-verdicts-5m-83-3m.707642/page-40?post=120287283#post-120287283
(03-10-2024, 05:23 PM)clockwork5 wrote: Has anyone suggested a sex slave summit?

I'd suggest an antisemitism summit but with Era the way it is Era Staff will read it the wrong way.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/gamergate-2-0-chuds-furious-about-a-consulting-company-named-%E2%80%9Csweet-baby-inc%E2%80%9D-which-overviews-scripts-to-make-sure-nothing-offensive-was-written.823731/page-11?post=120256311#post-120256311

Quote: Cop User banned (permanent): troll account
SpockVulcan wrote:How do i substantiate a "dont feed the trolls" argument ? If, like you suggest, the trolls are making hate speech on the internet, and like you also suggest, they are not being censored, then isn't the only alternative to ignore them ? to not give them clicks/views/replies ?

The video games "market", which you say is not doing enough, is in fact already taking steps such as hiring consultants like SBI to help make games more diverse. Most of these games are selling well and are mostly well received by critics and audiences if those games are made well, and if they are not that is due to other, deeper, core issues with those games (i already gave examples of Spider-Man and Suicide Squad in my posts). What more can the industry do apart from "not feeding the trolls" ?

Trolls, bigots, racists, psychos, etc etc will exist for as long as the internet is around, so what can you, as a common consumer do about them besides ignore them ? If the industry is catering to you and making games to your liking (and making the trolls angry in the process) then why even bother talking about them ?

Also in your word salad of a post, you have committed the same sin which you accuse me of committing. You have not given substantial arguments or examples to support your stance, or provided any sources for me to learn more. But that's ok, don't bother repeating yourself.
Hap Shaughnessy dateline='[url=tel:1710095802' wrote: 1710095802[/url]']
https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2024-ot-1-doom-eternal.800787/page-158?post=120296385#post-120296385

Human Resources wrote:yet another mostly-lurker who excessively reads US PoliEra:

this thread is extremely valuable to the forum in that everyone's contribution, whether its hard data, studious analysis, or just diverse people's feelings and viewpoints, all aggregate into something that lurkers like me can take in and feel more informed politically on a broad level. i don't agree with every post. hell, i don't agree with many posts a lot of the time, and i certainly don't take everything i read as gospel, but i'm able to engage with the news and political conversation IRL with much more confidence because i've read and considered so many different people's experiences, and especially because of the incredibly valuable scrutiny that outside sources of information get when they're posted in PoliEra.

one of the most frustrating parts about this situation on the board is that 99% of us all want the same things -- like when we close our eyes we all envision a just and equitable society, but i feel like the broader effects of social media on online discussion has made it difficult for us to realize this. we've established a standard of discussion that isn't sustainable, at least not for discussions of any substance. our discourse has become a hyperbole arms race where the hottest take is lauded and trying to discuss and actually work through a complex topic is dismissed as mealy-mouthed centrism or worse, a bad-faith attempt at social engineering towards a desired consensus.

being vulnerable online is dangerous. there are multi-billion dollar enterprises and warehouses full of servers bent specifically towards the purpose of finding and exploiting that vulnerability. and by vulnerable i don't mean just being personal, innocent, naive, ignorant, however we used to think about it -- being vulnerable online these days is often just being willing to describe your thoughts about a subject knowing that your knowledge isn't complete and irrefutable. being vulnerable online is putting your idea out into the world without drawing a line in the sand. i think that moderation should serve to cultivate that vulnerability, or rather, to facilitate an environment in which it can thrive

that's why human moderation is so important. it acts as the immune system of the platform. i don't know if the metaphor is apt, but this feels like an auto-immune disorder. moderation is performing its function, but the broader context of the forum as a complex organism with many parts all working in harmony is being lost. to stop the fire, we're venting sections of the ship into space without looking at what we're tossing out of the airlock.

what makes message boards uniquely valuable in our online world is that, in theory, we can trust that the platform can facilitate a better understanding through the shared experience and ways of thinking amongst the users. and this knowledge is stored and persistent, so as time passes the users can take advantage of this larger and larger context and come to a better understanding of the world, much like the scientific community has done for centuries. this is obviously impossible for open social media platforms -- social media moderates like a dungeon master tweaking enemy stats to make an encounter less one-sided and more exciting -- but it was and is possible here, we've seen it in actual practice.

the fact that we've fallen back to this thread to have this conversation says more about the board than it does about the thread. i'm sorry that this post feels so broad and scatter-shot, but this feels like one of the rare moments on the board where metacommentary is justified and frankly necessary. thank you, i'll go back to shitposting about dragon's dogma 2 now
omfg
Give me two sentences instead, asshole.

I’m just going to assume this is Neperone, but without her dumbass including racist remarks in between every paragraph.
3 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, Gameboy Nostalgia, kaleidoscopium
https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2024-ot-1-doom-eternal.800787/page-157?post=120294561#post-120294561

RexNovis, post: 120294561, member: 1247 wrote:Y'all literally have to make every single fucking thread about this. You are intent on making sure no discussion about any other substantive issue around this election can occur and I'm beyond sick of it.

Using absolutist language and terminology to dominate and derail discussion until it is either completely sidelined or stopped altogether is an actual propaganda methodology. We are seeing the same familiar posters CONSTANTLY pull this across every single political thread ensuring no substantive discussion of issues can be had and it is as insufferable as it is exhausting. Congratulations for successfully driving conversation off this site.

Is he talking about the Genocide Joers or the trans mafia?

We may never know But that's none of my business...
(03-10-2024, 07:01 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/gamergate-2-0-chuds-furious-about-a-consulting-company-named-%E2%80%9Csweet-baby-inc%E2%80%9D-which-overviews-scripts-to-make-sure-nothing-offensive-was-written.823731/page-11?post=120256311#post-120256311

Quote: Cop User banned (permanent): troll account
SpockVulcan wrote:How do i substantiate a "dont feed the trolls" argument ? If, like you suggest, the trolls are making hate speech on the internet, and like you also suggest, they are not being censored, then isn't the only alternative to ignore them ? to not give them clicks/views/replies ?

The video games "market", which you say is not doing enough, is in fact already taking steps such as hiring consultants like SBI to help make games more diverse. Most of these games are selling well and are mostly well received by critics and audiences if those games are made well, and if they are not that is due to other, deeper, core issues with those games (i already gave examples of Spider-Man and Suicide Squad in my posts). What more can the industry do apart from "not feeding the trolls" ?

Trolls, bigots, racists, psychos, etc etc will exist for as long as the internet is around, so what can you, as a common consumer do about them besides ignore them ? If the industry is catering to you and making games to your liking (and making the trolls angry in the process) then why even bother talking about them ?

Also in your word salad of a post, you have committed the same sin which you accuse me of committing. You have not given substantial arguments or examples to support your stance, or provided any sources for me to learn more. But that's ok, don't bother repeating yourself.

Fuck this dudes calm and rational explanation clarifying his position and how he came to it, obviously a troll
(03-10-2024, 06:51 PM)Propagandhim wrote:

Cops are back, baby!!

What happened to the UK committing trans genocide? It's terf island but the cops are on our side, makes sense
3 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, Boredfrom, Gameboy Nostalgia
Pointing out a lot of online hate speech is trolling for attention? Permaban.
Calling any random jewish celebrity a zionist? 1 Month.
Saying Israel should be destroyed? Thread banned from an already locked thread.

Cool forum.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/gamergate-2-0-chuds-furious-about-a-consulting-company-named-%E2%80%9Csweet-baby-inc%E2%80%9D-which-overviews-scripts-to-make-sure-nothing-offensive-was-written.823731/page-12?post=120297255#post-120297255

speedstersonic wrote:I'm starting to see fucking LGBTQ people or at least people claiming to be LGBTQ starting to say keep politics and political stuff out of games WITH LGBTQ content??? I am distraught, I tried to lecture that if you are a fellow LGBTQ member that shit is right wing rhetoric and explained why and tried to get them to give examples of what they think is LGBTQ and political and they would not and kept saying Timespinner was one. Friend of a friend has a game demo up on steam and this was one of the top posts asking about his "LGBTQ content" and if there was political agendas in it, but i was not able to sway the brainwashing.

Idk what we can do as a society if even our own are getting fucking radicalized by FUCKING NAZIS

kyuuji wrote:We've always had pick me's in the community willing to tell bigots that homophobic/transphobic things in games are ok. They can't resist the opportunity to be seen as one of the good ones, even if it means degrading themselves in front of people who spend every moment out of earshot insulting them.

kyuuji wrote:Could be because they're caught in their own internalised homophobia/transphobia, might be that they're (somehow) ignorant to the ties between media representation and public perception. Maybe they are able to not care about bigotry toward them and the community. Either way I wouldn't let it upset you. They will always be around pushing back against the rest of us, needlessly stood between criticism and the content it's intended for. I don't get it either, but I also don't waste time trying to when it's obvious they're entrenched in it.

lmao
(03-10-2024, 07:13 PM)Eric Cartman wrote: Pointing out a lot of online hate speech is trolling for attention? Permaban.
Calling any random jewish celebrity a zionist? 1 Month.
Saying Israel should be destroyed? Thread banned from an already locked thread.

Cool forum.

Blame the "collective Jewish nation" for "genocide": Good admin work.
(03-10-2024, 07:13 PM)HaughtyFrank wrote:
(03-10-2024, 06:51 PM)Propagandhim wrote:

Cops are back, baby!!

What happened to the UK committing trans genocide?

JKR has been not charged with a non crime and will presumably eventually be not judged by a non jury before going to not prison and alleviating the non threat of not genocide.
New lore drop

https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot3-make-her-look-more-corpulent-more-stuffed-where-the-eyes-cant-escape.275780/page-336?post=120297834#post-120297834

Twohearts, post: 120297834, member: 164181 wrote:Obiously it's not the bernchmark of feminism, but it's telling that this game couldn't even pass the bechdel test when I'm pretty sure even FFX did and that came out the year I was born. It honestly feels like the FF7Rs are just trying to be as much waifu pandering as possible

Is it the same birthday for all parts of the system? Thinking
(03-10-2024, 06:55 PM)Propagandhim wrote: You're being sarcastic, but there was a post on Resetera that argued JK Rowling's Harry Potter IP should be wrested from her ownership and made public because of her hatred.   lol

I'm only half joking the trans marxists hate private ownership and family businesses that are immune to blackmail, shareholders and unions: Musk, Chapelle, Trump, Gabe, Rowling, Rogan etc. .
none of this would have happened if the collective community of Resetera reported posts properly.
(03-10-2024, 04:22 PM)TylenolJones wrote: lol, plagiarize changed his tag to ‘eating crackers’ as in

[Image: bitch-eating-crackers.png]

Still making no kind of self reflection, just thinks everyone issues are unfounded.

B-dubs, what's the best thing to do in this situation? Oh, yes. Letting your mod change their status to antagonize a small community that's already angry with them. Perfectly fine job! Does not, at all, perpetuate the air of "US vs THEM". Nope, not one bit!
3 users liked this post: LoverOfCycles, Taco Bell Tower, Potato
Why do they think that being gay is a left wing thing? Have they seen the Conservative and Unionist Party?

Also, Kyuuji dropping some class A misogyny from the femcelverse with 'pick mes'  Females
Kinvara wrote:Crossposting from the CC thread.

To summarize, I have yet to see the moderation's response to the following:

General code of conduct regarding political discourse
    The handling of politically-motivated suicide
    Whether or not the statement that "Israel should not exist" is acceptable
    Defending the ban of a user by discussing the semantics of the term "sex slave"

https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2024-ot-1-doom-eternal.800787/page-158?post=120296688#post-120296688
(03-10-2024, 12:49 PM)Nintex wrote:
Quote:I am shocked if Zionist and Zionism have been thrown around loosely here. I have exclusively heard those terms from right-wingers and only as slurs

Quote:That's kinda weird considering, right wingers have been fully supportive of Netanyahu's government and IDF and fully supportive of the strikes on Gaza and the on-going genocide, often because of their arabs/muslims hatred.

[Image: drake-computer.gif]

Don't know what kind of right wingers they're talking about. The alt-right looks to be enjoying the death of Jews.. something the far left is enjoying too.  hmm
2 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, Potato
https://www.resetera.com/threads/state-of-the-union-2024-president-biden-march-7th-9-pm-est.825024/page-25?post=120255837#post-120255837

Quote: Cop User banned (2 weeks): inflammatory accusations
Chindogg wrote:
Iorek Byrnison wrote:Disagree that a policy change that is being suggested would simply exclude "genocide harder." people.

These stances being called for are not binary.

And don't use this post to say I'm not for a ceasefire, because I am.
Nah it's pretty clean cut and dried.

You're either supporting an ethnostate that's actively committing genocide and quietly committing genocide in other places or you're not.
Normally I couldn’t give a flying fuck what the TERF bitch has to say about anything, but there will be plenty of lulz if she decides to drag these trans twats through the courts.
3 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, Potato, Gameboy Nostalgia
(03-10-2024, 07:27 PM)kaleidoscopium wrote:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2024-ot-1-doom-eternal.800787/page-158?post=120296688#post-120296688

HamSandwich wrote:Regarding point number 3, I just wanted to re-iterate the fact that this admin said "Israel should not exist" before the events of October 8 2023 - March 10, 2024 have even taken place.

Addie wrote:More to the point, I thought the admin said it on 10/7. Not sure when during the day (I haven't seen those Twitter posts), but it should be knowable whether it was before, during, or after the Hamas attack on Israeli civilians.

At the very least, there is an undeniable perception that part of Era leadership is antisemitic. I sincerely hope they aren't. It would behoove the administration to have an answer to all of Kinvara 's questions, since the longer this goes on, the worse it looks.

I can think of several courses of action that would be reasonable here, including just admitting that y'all are human and got Brady's ban wrong. That is perfectly understandable and eminently forgivable. But silence isn't one of those reasonable options, especially where the indicia of antisemitism are out there needing to be addressed.

Good luck to all involved. I think this thread is probably on its way out, so I'm thankful for the friends we made along the way.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2024-ot-1-doom-eternal.800787/page-158?post=120298743#post-120298743

All 4 links in that post lead to deleted threads… did they delete/hide them just now?

Edit: never mind they’re in the constructive thread
3 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, Tucker's Law, Gameboy Nostalgia
The bodycam/CCTV footage was accidentally lost, your honour
(03-10-2024, 07:36 PM)railGUN wrote:

All 4 links in that post lead to deleted threads… did they delete/hide them just now?

community thread so have to be logged in to see them, but since I can't do that it might deleted true.
2 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, Gameboy Nostalgia
(03-10-2024, 06:36 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2024-ot-1-doom-eternal.800787/page-158?post=120296385#post-120296385

Human Resources wrote:yet another mostly-lurker who excessively reads US PoliEra:

this thread is extremely valuable to the forum in that everyone's contribution, whether its hard data, studious analysis, or just diverse people's feelings and viewpoints, all aggregate into something that lurkers like me can take in and feel more informed politically on a broad level. i don't agree with every post. hell, i don't agree with many posts a lot of the time, and i certainly don't take everything i read as gospel, but i'm able to engage with the news and political conversation IRL with much more confidence because i've read and considered so many different people's experiences, and especially because of the incredibly valuable scrutiny that outside sources of information get when they're posted in PoliEra.

one of the most frustrating parts about this situation on the board is that 99% of us all want the same things -- like when we close our eyes we all envision a just and equitable society, but i feel like the broader effects of social media on online discussion has made it difficult for us to realize this. we've established a standard of discussion that isn't sustainable, at least not for discussions of any substance. our discourse has become a hyperbole arms race where the hottest take is lauded and trying to discuss and actually work through a complex topic is dismissed as mealy-mouthed centrism or worse, a bad-faith attempt at social engineering towards a desired consensus.

being vulnerable online is dangerous. there are multi-billion dollar enterprises and warehouses full of servers bent specifically towards the purpose of finding and exploiting that vulnerability. and by vulnerable i don't mean just being personal, innocent, naive, ignorant, however we used to think about it -- being vulnerable online these days is often just being willing to describe your thoughts about a subject knowing that your knowledge isn't complete and irrefutable. being vulnerable online is putting your idea out into the world without drawing a line in the sand. i think that moderation should serve to cultivate that vulnerability, or rather, to facilitate an environment in which it can thrive

that's why human moderation is so important. it acts as the immune system of the platform. i don't know if the metaphor is apt, but this feels like an auto-immune disorder. moderation is performing its function, but the broader context of the forum as a complex organism with many parts all working in harmony is being lost. to stop the fire, we're venting sections of the ship into space without looking at what we're tossing out of the airlock.

what makes message boards uniquely valuable in our online world is that, in theory, we can trust that the platform can facilitate a better understanding through the shared experience and ways of thinking amongst the users. and this knowledge is stored and persistent, so as time passes the users can take advantage of this larger and larger context and come to a better understanding of the world, much like the scientific community has done for centuries. this is obviously impossible for open social media platforms -- social media moderates like a dungeon master tweaking enemy stats to make an encounter less one-sided and more exciting -- but it was and is possible here, we've seen it in actual practice.

the fact that we've fallen back to this thread to have this conversation says more about the board than it does about the thread. i'm sorry that this post feels so broad and scatter-shot, but this feels like one of the rare moments on the board where metacommentary is justified and frankly necessary. thank you, i'll go back to shitposting about dragon's dogma 2 now
omfg

That's a lot of words to say Resetera moderation is AIDS

edit: Woah, either this thread is moving fast or I'm a slow reader. Probably the latter, I'm 81 fuckin years old.
Hap Shaughnessy dateline='[url=tel:1710096730' wrote: 1710096730[/url]']
https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2024-ot-1-doom-eternal.800787/page-148?post=120255474#post-120255474

Quote: Cop User banned (2 weeks): inflammatory accusations
Mezentine wrote:I'm sorry, I'm really not going to be carrying water for Israel on the day that new reporting indicates Israel literally waterboarded UNRWA members to get them to falsely claim that they were linked to Hamas. I don't know how old some of y'all are but I do actually remember the last time a major military power went down this route and the incredible and dehumanizing racism that led to the violent deaths of hundreds of thousands of Arabs and I'm really really not interested in denying the extremely obvious reality of what is actually going on over there right now. Like what are we actually fucking doing right now?

“See! See! We got your back!”
2 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, Gameboy Nostalgia
What 'anti-semitic' posts? I don't see any.

Twitter? I have no idea what you're talking about. We don't do off-site drama

Screenshots? Doxxing is not allowed buddy

Kiwifarms? Don't you bring that shit here chud

Putin
Quote:what makes message boards uniquely valuable in our online world is that, in theory, we can trust that the platform can facilitate a better understanding through the shared experience and ways of thinking amongst the users. and this knowledge is stored and persistent, so as time passes the users can take advantage of this larger and larger context and come to a better understanding of the world, much like the scientific community has done for centuries.

Dead
(03-10-2024, 06:05 PM)HaughtyFrank wrote:
(03-10-2024, 05:43 PM)Genocide Joe wrote:
(03-10-2024, 05:08 PM)kaleidoscopium wrote: A few more mod sympathizers showed up and got bitchslapped by the usual crew yet again. This whole nepenthe/plagiarize saga continues into its third day lol

I'm surprised the mod team is still sitting on their ass. Don't they usually have a "we hear you" pander thread around now? Or do they really think people will just forget about this if they ignore it?

That mod discord....
[Image: let-me-in-eric-andre.gif]

The mod discord is the holy grail. I have no doubt that the forum would collapse if it got leaked

The key is to keep turning morrigan.

She's a nasty cunt and would likely have some receipts screenshots in her back pocket. It's probably what keeps her safe when she snipes the mods constantly.
3 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, Genocide Joe, Gameboy Nostalgia