Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
I want to play an ass creed game set in dark africa where you play as a hispanic woman who was once rumored to be there in a short passage of about 13 sentences which was then extrapolated to a 480 page book by an excitable modern historical revisionist which led to a media frenzy taking his every word as canon because it's so progressive for minorities to be in places where they aren't normally found
(9 hours ago)Boredfrom wrote:
Quote:Take it from a Lebanese who has been opposing Hezbollah rule all his life.

I feel there is some information he is not sharing  about his status on the ground or being a Lebanese fighting against Hezbollah daily. Egomaniac

Distinguished members of thebore have also been fighting on the ground against the scourge of HERzbollah.

STFU
2 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower
https://www.resetera.com/threads/which-game-do-you-think-deserves-to-win-goty.995058/page-6#post-129420315

Kyuuji, post: 129420315, member: 31943 wrote:Stellar Blade is my personal GOTY so far I think, but Infinity Nikki is primed to overtake before the year is out if it sticks the landing on what makes Nikki games special. As for what deserves to win, idk, would be cool to see Zelda pick up some awards from what I've seen and heard of it. Don't know if I'll be playing it this year though, PS library and the Pro are soaking up the focus rn.

Feeemales
(8 hours ago)Nintex wrote:
Quote:It is weird that Hezbollah has not responded in any big way. Seems like Israel has succeeded in limiting Hezbollahs fire power.

You would have expected Hezbollah to launch much bigger barrages by now.

Or they are waiting but what are they waiting for?

Sadly if Israel succeeds here it will be used to justify even more mass murder of innocent civilians.

They are seriously sad that Hezbollah lost Dead

You know what Hezbollah is waiting for? Their Funeral, cuz they fucking dead bro Yeshrug

They've already succeeded by decapitating the whole leadership of the organisation with precision targeted strikes. Doing so has prevented what would have been a very bloody mess of a general invasion with mass civilian casualties.
3 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Uncle, Taco Bell Tower
https://www.resetera.com/threads/september-27-2024-the-baltimore-banner-chappell-roan-says-she%E2%80%99s-skipping-all-things-go-festival-to-prioritize-health.995091/page-3#post-129432999

baby meowsers wrote:Oh wow so she managed to "both sides" trans rights (!?!?!) in this galaxy brain take but then goes on to mispronounce Kamala's name? Almost feels like a dog whistle to me. Extreme side eye intensifies. 

Chappell Roan Is 'Voting for F---ing Kamala,' but Not Happy About It (variety.com)

Quote:"So yeah, I'm voting for fucking Kamala" — mispronouncing Harris' first name in the same way that Trump does
As a trans woman who is squarely in the crosshairs in a potential future Trump administration, Roan can fuck right off with this. I am with her on Palestine but babe you have all the nuance of a fucking boomer with both sides mess. Have fun centering your career around drag queens and drag culture while not actually putting your ass on the line for them when it matters the most.
Social Justice Warrior 2

Edit:
Gets in a slap fight with Nepenthe. lol
(7 hours ago)books wrote: Four pages back, but why tf am I reading international analysis from fat dweebs who debate showering as racist oppression (probably) on a Saturday morning?

It's good content bro. 
Elon
(3 hours ago)Uncle wrote: I want to play an ass creed game set in dark africa where you play as a hispanic woman who was once rumored to be there in a short passage of about 13 sentences which was then extrapolated to a 480 book by an excitable modern historical revisionist which led to a media frenzy taking his every word as canon because it's so progressive for minorities to be in places where they aren't normally found

I mean, that sounds like an entertaining fictional story. Trumps
3 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower, D3RANG3D
https://www.resetera.com/threads/israel-palestine-the-ongoing-israeli-genocide-in-gaza-icj-orders-halt-to-israeli-offensive-on-rafah-see-staff-posts-for-posting-guidelines.772478/page-403#post-129423441

Zeliard wrote:He never quite directly champions what's happening but the entire article reads with breathless enthusiasm.
Thinking
(3 hours ago)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/september-27-2024-the-baltimore-banner-chappell-roan-says-she%E2%80%99s-skipping-all-things-go-festival-to-prioritize-health.995091/page-3#post-129432999

Edit:

Gets in a slap fight with Nepenthe. lol

Mr Shaughnessy, you accidentally missed out the best part. 

DON'T CALL NEPENTHE 'BABE'  lol

I'm screenshotting this one for the archives and future historians:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/september-27-2024-the-baltimore-banner-chappell-roan-says-she%E2%80%99s-skipping-all-things-go-festival-to-prioritize-health.995091/page-3#post-129436341

baby meowsers wrote:Babe, Harris is not some obscure, unknown figure who's name has never been said. Like there's been a whole public conversation around the minimal effort required to not get her name wrong. "accidentally" sure.

Talk about clown behavior.

Nep-Nep-Babe-Nepenthe wrote:First of all, don't call me Babe. I don't know you like that.

Second, being a public figure is not some scientific barrier from people mispronouncing your name on accident. Same with having "public conversations" (where in the public did these conversations take place, exactly? Was every American present?)

Again, her own stans- people who are extremely excited for her and will do the same browbeating towards depressed Arabs-Americans as the next Democrat right now- will sometimes mispronounce her name on accident online and on television still. It happens.

What is important is to engage with the context around that mispronunciation to determine if you're dealing with ignorance or maliciousness, especially if you're dealing with a minority where the name "Kamala" truly is pronounced differently within their culture (because we believe in intersectionality, do we not?) But trying to weaponize this as a wholesale dog whistle in every instance, especially to reroute criticism away from Kamala's electoral history and platform, is pure deflective liberalism. It's a pure outrage tactic and, at the very least, it's not going to work on me.

So yes, what you're engaging in is clown behavior. This is the equivalent of wearing a dashiki and kneeling in the wake of George Floyd's murder. Utterly useless posturing.

[Image: j6afkdB.png]

[Image: gILzJRK.png]

[Image: necizkN.gif]
Social Justice Warrior 2
2 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Venice
"Genocide Joe, hope he dies, sick murderous fuck, blood on his hands, colonialist supremacist killer"
Oh yeah

"Blue MAGA"
Riot
https://www.resetera.com/threads/israel-intensifies-military-operations-in-lebanon-around-500-dead-and-over-1-600-injured.989493/page-16#post-129438765

mentok15 wrote:
former mod spineduke wrote:Noone here is defending Nasrallah.
I mean the quotes around bad here is sus
FantasticToma wrote:So they killed one "bad" guy.
Popcorn
(10 hours ago)kaleidoscopium wrote: Spineduke triples down on sharing Hezbollah propaganda lol 

spineduke wrote:You're talking to someone who's on the ground and witnessing these threats manifest in real time. Do you want the reality that there is a sizeable part of the population that supports Hizbullah? That they function on many layers of civil society and social welfare and you expect me to suddenly label everyone as a frothing terrorist? If someone is reporting threats at a hospital in Dahieh, they're most likely connected to Hizbullah in some capacity. I'm working with what's there - if elements of Hizbullah are reporting phone calls from Israel warning them to get the fuck out, I don't have to capitulate to you telling me to use official news sources when new sources themselves are largely mute to the reality of Israel's atrocities. Enough of your concern trolling, these comparisions to Tucker or Peterson are pathetic and a distraction.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/israel-intensifies-military-operations-in-lebanon-around-500-dead-and-over-1-600-injured.989493/page-14#post-129423585

On the ground.

https://x.com/hahussain/status/1839456331985829941

Get in there and fight for your side spineduke!
Favorite newcomer Valkaria has changed their Avatar yet again. I'm sorry Gamboy Nostalgia but this is might be a fulltime job

https://www.resetera.com/threads/insider-gaming-black-myth-wukong-sold-20-million-units-in-its-first-month.994263/post-129432291
(2 hours ago)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/israel-intensifies-military-operations-in-lebanon-around-500-dead-and-over-1-600-injured.989493/page-16#post-129438765

mentok15 wrote:
I mean the quotes around bad here is sus
FantasticToma wrote:So they killed one "bad" guy.
Popcorn

I dare somebody there to start an RIP thread.
3 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Potato, Taco Bell Tower
(2 hours ago)Hap Shaughnessy wrote:

Right, you're just linking to twitter accounts who do that. Rollsafe
(8 hours ago)Nintex wrote:
Quote:Social media indoctrination from a young age. We're seeing the first generation grow into adulthood that were raised by "the algorithm"
Is that how Trump beat Hillary nearly a decade ago? Two years after the Republicans ran the table in the midterms?
2 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower
https://www.resetera.com/threads/september-27-2024-the-baltimore-banner-chappell-roan-says-she%E2%80%99s-skipping-all-things-go-festival-to-prioritize-health.995091/page-3#post-129435756
Nepenthe wrote:People trying to make out like accidentally mispronouncing Kamala's name is some egregious right-wing dogwhistle is the type of liberal nonsense that makes folks not take y'all seriously.

Guys posts experts saying it's racism

nepenthe wrote:Even in the experts that you quoted, they say that deliberately mispronouncing someone's name is a dogwhistle, and that a lot of Americans who hadn't heard the name before or often might default to the wrong mispronunciation "inadvertantly."

This is the very reason that I specified "accidentally." Even her own fucking stans get it wrong sometimes.

So I repeat, trying to make out like this is a surefire alt-right dogwhistle is clown behavior, the kind of thing that makes it obvious when liberals are not actually serious about the consequences of racial profiling and othering. Like, I wish some of y'all had this level of scrutiny for the criminal justice system. Focus on that.

Guy says "Babe, Harris is not some obscure, unknown figure who's name has never been said"

nepenthe wrote:First of all, don't call me Babe. I don't know you like that.

Second, being a public figure is not some scientific barrier from people mispronouncing your name on accident. Same with having "public conversations" (where in the public did these conversations take place, exactly? Was every American present?)

Again, her own stans- people who are extremely excited for her and will do the same browbeating towards depressed Arabs-Americans as the next Democrat right now- will sometimes mispronounce her name on accident online and on television still. It happens.

What is important is to engage with the context around that mispronunciation to determine if you're dealing with ignorance or maliciousness, especially if you're dealing with a minority where the name "Kamala" truly is pronounced differently within their culture (because we believe in intersectionality, do we not?) But trying to weaponize this as a wholesale dog whistle in every instance, especially to reroute criticism away from Kamala's electoral history and platform, is pure deflective liberalism. It's a pure outrage tactic and, at the very least, it's not going to work on me.

So yes, what you're engaging in is clown behavior. This is the equivalent of wearing a dashiki and kneeling in the wake of George Floyd's murder. Utterly useless posturing.

Guy said she recorded it and could have corrected it.

nepenthe wrote:Why do you think filming a prepared statement is also an objective barrier from mispronouncing something? This level of analysis is lacking.

Nepenthe wrote:
Quote:As a trans woman I take very serious issue with her both sidesing trans issues and side eye her statement in her TikTok.
As a Black person I take very serious issue with non-Black people trying to weaponize the idea of racial othering as a way to deflect from the main arguments at hand while also likely doing absolutely nothing towards furthering the complete autonomy of Africans and their diasporas from Western colonialism in a display of gross, performative liberalism.

I could do without you trying to be offended on behalf of a Black woman over an argument that even the experts you quoted at me said you're wrong about.

This is unrivaled levels of good faith assumption on Nepenthes part.  She must've had a coconut fall on her head and woken with a new personality.  Now context matters and people can mispronounce thing.  Like "n-word store."

I still haven't processed everything she wrote.  Posters will be able to throw the bolded in her face two dozen times before 2025
I get busy with work and personal shit and Retardera has gone even crazier.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/israel-intensifies-military-operations-in-lebanon-around-500-dead-and-over-1-600-injured.989493/page-16#post-129436629

Yeah, it's such a meme when people get slaughtered for being Jewish by terrorists. What a fucking hack. This guy claims to be from Germany and a leftist but is closer to AfD than other political positions. Horseshoe theory in full effect.

Professor Scott Steiner
(2 hours ago)ClothedMac wrote: Testing. 
Change the x.com in the URL to twitter.com, Twitter's script literally has never been updated for Elon's domain name change.

I might have a fix for this soon.
3 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Boredfrom, ClothedMac
A lot of people in that Chappell Roan thread seem ignorant of how intersectionality is a tough cookie to crack. Even Nepenthe seems to have forgotten. Feels bad, man
(2 hours ago)ClothedMac wrote:
(10 hours ago)kaleidoscopium wrote: Spineduke triples down on sharing Hezbollah propaganda lol 

spineduke wrote:You're talking to someone who's on the ground and witnessing these threats manifest in real time. Do you want the reality that there is a sizeable part of the population that supports Hizbullah? That they function on many layers of civil society and social welfare and you expect me to suddenly label everyone as a frothing terrorist? If someone is reporting threats at a hospital in Dahieh, they're most likely connected to Hizbullah in some capacity. I'm working with what's there - if elements of Hizbullah are reporting phone calls from Israel warning them to get the fuck out, I don't have to capitulate to you telling me to use official news sources when new sources themselves are largely mute to the reality of Israel's atrocities. Enough of your concern trolling, these comparisions to Tucker or Peterson are pathetic and a distraction.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/israel-intensifies-military-operations-in-lebanon-around-500-dead-and-over-1-600-injured.989493/page-14#post-129423585

On the ground.

https://x.com/hahussain/status/1839456331985829941

Get in there and fight for your side spineduke!

I mean, he is not wrong that there is probably a lot of support for Hezbollah there… like there is probably a lot of people that hate their guts and think they are ruining everyone lives. Politics, baby. Success 

Sure ass hell I hate the current dominant party of my country. Willam
3 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Alpacx, AnnoyedCanadian
DrFreeman (of course the fucker has a Palestine flag in his bio)
Quote:It's completely fucked up that Israel has the almost unlimited capacity to pummel anyone it chooses, block virtually all incoming attacks, and has the most powerful military to back it up.

Israel is way too fucking OP and that's why it gets away with genocide and countless war crimes.

I don't wish harm on people usually but something needs to happen - ICC arrest warrants, UN do something, fuck it a direct strike on their military bases - that brings them down a peg or 2 so we can stop this fucking train before it gets way, way worse.

Wonder if he'll get punished for this

B-Retard is such a cocksucker for the Islamists on the site now. They can even make 9/11 comments which usually set him off like a motherfucker and he does nothing.

https://old.reddit.com/r/Destiny/comments/1frjy68/this_hezbollah_nasrallah_pro_terrorism_clip/

https://old.reddit.com/r/Destiny/comments/1fqv9sp/hasan_claims_that_the_us_is_a_terrorist/

I'm losing my fucking mind when people try to say Hasan is a good source of content. He's literally the Info Wars of the left

Subscribe to Info Wars!
People are giving Roan undeserved credit for being the First LGBTQ+ musician in all of history.

But they ignore the important work she is doing with her unapologetic representation of the BPD Crybaby community! I’m just so tired, ya’ll…
(2 hours ago)AnnoyedCanadian wrote: I get busy with work and personal shit and Retardera has gone even crazier.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/israel-intensifies-military-operations-in-lebanon-around-500-dead-and-over-1-600-injured.989493/page-16#post-129436629

Yeah, it's such a meme when people get slaughtered for being Jewish by terrorists. What a fucking hack. This guy claims to be from Germany and a leftist but is closer to AfD than other political positions. Horseshoe theory in full effect.

Professor Scott Steiner

Quote:"October 7th" has reached meme-status at this point. Nobody can take it seriously anymore with a straight face.

Holy shit, this dude. lol
Era: America has no right to police the world!

Also Era: Dear US, Israel too OP, plz nerf
Obviously, the dominant party of my country is not a terrorist organization… they just collude with Narcos. Awesome ( Ellen )
2 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, AnnoyedCanadian
(2 hours ago)DavidCroquet wrote: People are giving Roan undeserved credit for being the First LGBTQ+ musician in all of history.

But they ignore the important work she is doing with her unapologetic representation of the BPD Crybaby community! I’m just so tired, ya’ll…

I like her music but Christ on a cracker I wish she'd just shut the fuck up.

She needs to stop reading comments about herself and Googling herself. Just keep making music and stop making statements about things you have no idea what you're talking about.
3 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Boredfrom, DavidCroquet
https://www.resetera.com/threads/israel-intensifies-military-operations-in-lebanon-around-500-dead-and-over-1-600-injured.989493/page-16#post-129439635

Quote:Plus, if you read up on how Hezbollah came to be, that's also Israel's fault.

Confused Titus But steel's heavier than feathers... Implied Facepalm

How is it their fault? Because the majority of Israel is Jewish? Retardera isn't even trying to hide the antisemitism anymore.
4 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, killamajig, ClothedMac, Alpacx
(4 hours ago)Averon wrote: Why does those racist comments only get a one month ban? Do the mods think those users won't be racist anymore by Halloween? It makes no sense to allow racists a chance to return if you truly believe them to be racist. But merely talking back to Kyuuji and there's a 50-50 chance you get perm'd.
I've asked this question from the start.

A bunch of the staff post all the time insisting that bigots don't change yet they only hand out temporary bans. They can't post a list of stuff that's banned or update the rules or even discuss any management topics with forum members because it puts them in danger yet apparently all these racists and transphobes and women hating chuds will just take the ban calmly, learn from their mistake and reflect on their bigoted views instead of deciding to threaten the staff.

This full fledged endorsement by the staff of bigotry and hate is exactly why marginalized members have left the forum in droves and the ones that are left never feel safe. Especially trans members who have basically no representation on the staff. B-Dubs is pretty much Gabe Newell with his enthusiasm for hosting a forum full of racists, transphobes and fascists rather than actually create a safe, progressive forum free from capital-G Gamers stomping around spreading hate they were fed by the algorithm.