Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
(10-11-2023, 04:02 PM)Not an Alt Account wrote: I do not remember Nepnep on gaf... was she there?

she was, she was just a nobody in some random community threads
Chumbawumbafan69 dateline='[url=tel:1697016762' wrote: 1697016762[/url]']
issuing correction on a previous post of mine, regarding the terror group Hamas. you do not, under any circumstances, "gotta hand it to them"

Gotta worry about the important stuff:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/marvel-cinematic-universe-ot3-is-this-canon-lgbtqia-lives-matter.523146/page-104#upost-113303171

Quote:Looks like The Marvels is off to an awful start in presales, signaling a 45M OW.

Man this will be unbearable to see.

):

I wonder what Hamas think about brie Larson
The Marvels flopping is going to embolden them even more than usual in their jihad against mcu critics; they've spent the last couple of years preparing 5000 arguments about how the movie potentially doing badly would be because of misogyny/racism in society. 

I expect several bans for "dismissing concerns around representation" etc. whenever someone points out that the script/action/effects/acting was weak.
(10-11-2023, 06:48 AM)Alpacx wrote: 2018: 902 posts
2019: 1334 posts
2020: 1150 posts
2021: 1027 posts
2022: 810 posts
2023 so far: 519 posts (684 on the year if the rate continues)

Somebody who is good at administrate please help me my forum is dying.

ban fewer users
3 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Alpacx
(10-11-2023, 08:01 AM)benji wrote:
(10-11-2023, 06:41 AM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/tara-strong-batgirl-timmy-turner-miss-minutes-goes-mask-off-islamophobic-claims-muslims-are-preparing-to-take-over-the-world.773597/
This thread is amazing:
Quote:Falling for blatant misinformation Twitter like that makes it seem more like she probably already felt a certain way. Was she like this before? I thought she seemed ok :/
Quote:Never expect celebs to be good people. That might sound harsh and cruel but it's more often the case than you might like.
Quote:Yeah I blocked her for a Tweet yesterday and am even more happy I did now.
Quote:The VA who went against others and sold out to the NFT Bros...

Sadly Tara has been a bit terrible for a while.
Quote:Tara has sucked for a while now but this is just on another level.
Quote:She has been pretty superficial on many things for a while now, sometimes coming up with nonsense takes. Very disappointing, but sadly not surprising.
Quote:These PragerU videos are making so many people go mask off. People I considered relatively close friends are sharing that shit all over the place too. As per this thread, not all that surprising.
Quote:A lot of people realy show their true face as soon as you get to Israel/Palestine.
Quote:Yikes, it was bad enough she insisted on supporting PETA and the controversy with her NFT project. But yeah she’s been pretty shit as a person for the longest time, so this is even more upsetting to see.
Quote:She's been a known shithead for years but this a clear escalation. Jesus.
Quote:How on earth do all of these really shitty people seem to be all the people who get the most famous. I know there are some celebrities and voice actors who are not total pieces of shit but it seems to be getting fewer and fewer every day.

Thank god the TF2 voice actors and most of the Overwatch voice actors seem to be good people.
El Bombastico wrote:God, not her too😖
Quote:You mean the sudden interest from some (a lot of) people in the conflict in the Middle East is fuelled by racism/islamophobia ?
Wow, shocker.
Quote:
Quote:I would even call that "mask off", too reductive.
Tearing off the mask, then the layers of flesh, muscle and bone that make up their faces until you can see the writhing mass of worms that have completely eaten away and replaced their brains.
Quote:Ugh. I knew she was showing her ass during the entire NFT year (making me unfollow her), and there was an earlier sus moment I think only I really noticed where she had the Bleach dub cast over for a group chat but then brought in a random guru to talk about Eastern spirituality the entire time while the dub cast sat there bored, but she seemed to be quiet lately.

It feels like her roles have naturally been dying down anyway, so hopefully this won't impact too many upcoming shows. Well, not sure how many production companies will even view this as a bad thing.
Quote:Really eye opening statements from previously loved and known people around the world and now they turn out to be hateful hypocrites only seeming to be 'empathetic', 'progressive' when it comes to things they hold dear personally due to sharing of culture, Privilege and Entitlements.
Quote:I need to keep a list of celebs who say shit like this.
Lord Fanny wrote:I know this is primarily about Strong and all, but the tweets from Adam Sessler is some of just the craziest. I know it’s not news that’s he’s not a great person after he had that blow up a few years ago that he never properly addressed about his transphobic comments, but that one really saddens me. I loved his work on TV and after that he always seemed like a thoughtful person who could articulate aspects of the medium well at a time when a lot of people either couldn’t or didn’t have that opportunity even if he had occasional snafus like the whole 1080p thing that people jumped on at the time. He’s somewhere deep in the basement of crazy town now

I always knew there was something up with them Egomaniac Snob
(10-11-2023, 11:14 AM)Uncle wrote: who the fuck is miss minutes?

The AI logo-character for the Time Variance Authority, as featured in Marvels™ Loki® Season 2, Streaming now exclsuively on Disney+©
2 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth
So like... you guys remember when era mods would ban people for comparing how israel treated palestine to concentration camps, right?
"There are many comparisons available, but you can't use that one" ban reasons, right?
https://www.resetera.com/threads/if-will-smith-and-jada-have-been-separated-since-2016-that-begs-the-question.773765/

[Image: MGSL58T.gif]
Will zeoVGM survive another mcu bomba?
3 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, BIONIC
(10-11-2023, 06:39 PM)Eric Cartman wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/if-will-smith-and-jada-have-been-separated-since-2016-that-begs-the-question.773765/

Imagine not knowing that smith loved tupac and left eye dogging jada.
1 user liked this post: Taco Bell Tower
Eric Cartman dateline='[url=tel:1697049423' wrote: 1697049423[/url]']
So like... you guys remember when era mods would ban people for comparing how israel treated palestine to concentration camps, right?
"There are many comparisons available, but you can't use that one" ban reasons, right?

They are fully “Mask off”.
South park makes fun of race/gender swapping characters and RE doesn't like it  Cry

https://www.resetera.com/threads/%E2%80%98south-park-joining-the-panderverse%E2%80%99-official-teaser-paramount-oct-27.773777
Once again the trans folks screech about wanting to be accepted as normal but find it unacceptable to be treated as normal.
AniHawk wrote:not only is this just the worst position to take, it's also about five years late to the outrage.

Quote:The official logline for "Joining the Panderverse" reads: "Cartman's deeply disturbing dreams portend the end of the life he knows and loves. The adults in South Park are also wrestling with their own life decisions as the advent of AI is turning their world upside down."

the rise of AI literally happened in this past year  ???
They hate everything within a farts’ distance of fun
I also don't understand why they always focus on tertiary concerns like the fact that they're "late" to criticism, when surely it wouldn't matter when they parody in a problematic way, but the fact that they're doing it at all?

"Rowling wants all trans people dead, but what's worse than that is that others have been wanting trans people dead for a long time, she's LATE TO THE PARTY"
Eric Cartman dateline='[url=tel:1697049558' wrote: 1697049558[/url]']
https://www.resetera.com/threads/if-will-smith-and-jada-have-been-separated-since-2016-that-begs-the-question.773765/

transistor wrote: Yeah, we're not gonna bring this topic back up

Are you going to ban everyone that brings up how the evil misogynist Chris Rock attacked the poor couple?
AuthenticM wrote:Chris Rock has been mocking Jada, and Black women in general, since the 90s.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/if-will-smith-and-jada-have-been-separated-since-2016-that-begs-the-question.773765/#post-113313194

I love how this line kept being parroted when he made... 3? jokes in 30 years, one of which was prescripted with Jada. Truly he has been mocking them since the 90s lol
Hada saying that Chris Rock try to hit on her but she rejected him is totally not a calculated move to deflect blame of the fallout.
2 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, kaleidoscopium
you don't understand. If The Marvels flops then it will just embolden the stupid chuds into thinking they are right.

I'm going to need each of you to buy at least 20 tickets. Do your part.
I'm committing to buy one Marvels ticket for every victim that died in a Joker-inspired mass shooting
4 users liked this post: Venice, Taco Bell Tower, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Uncle
The Will Smith stuff is a true and honest live action example of how to police groupthink effectively.

Why the fuck do they care so much about defending the honour of Will Smith? How fast will they turn when the inevitable happens and he's decried for a massive weirdo? Why do they love his wife so much who has literally never been in anything ever except that one shitty Matrix game everyone hated? How come they just ignore the fact that he spent 2m dollars on a scientology school?

An intrigue wrapped in a riddle.
It's pathetic these people need Disney slop to constantly reflect their politics/values. Stop clinging to cynical, mass market drek to make yourself feel good.
(10-11-2023, 08:41 PM)Besticus Maximus wrote: Why the fuck do they care so much about defending the honour of Will Smith? How fast will they turn when the inevitable happens and he's decried for a massive weirdo? 

Awaiting the inevitable "I always got weird vibes from that guy"

clickycal wrote:
pwnz wrote:It's pretty clear who hasn't watched south park in like 10 years. They still get the outrage reaction. The actual plot will probably be very different and the message very different.

It's also clear Matt and Trey are white cishet right wing libertarians that have caused a lot of harm with their bullshit.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/%E2%80%98south-park-joining-the-panderverse%E2%80%99-official-teaser-paramount-oct-27.773777/page-2#post-113321924

Social Justice Warrior 2
Matt and Trey are just trying to catch up to Joanne. Can't blame 'em.
(10-11-2023, 02:48 PM)Bootsthecat wrote: I thought we were here to make fun of autistic 40 year olds larping as lesbians. But turns out it's a politics thread
You trying to say that's not political, chud. ufup
(10-11-2023, 09:05 PM)kaleidoscopium wrote:
(10-11-2023, 08:41 PM)Besticus Maximus wrote: Why the fuck do they care so much about defending the honour of Will Smith? How fast will they turn when the inevitable happens and he's decried for a massive weirdo? 

Awaiting the inevitable "I always got weird vibes from that guy"

clickycal wrote:
pwnz wrote:It's pretty clear who hasn't watched south park in like 10 years. They still get the outrage reaction. The actual plot will probably be very different and the message very different.

It's also clear Matt and Trey are white cishet right wing libertarians that have caused a lot of harm with their bullshit.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/%E2%80%98south-park-joining-the-panderverse%E2%80%99-official-teaser-paramount-oct-27.773777/page-2#post-113321924

Social Justice Warrior 2

I'll give them that the trans species episode has aged poorly, but it's like 20 years old. I always skip it, super cringe.

The more recent one, I don't really think it said anything wrong other than a crafted critique of a very rare but real possibility of someone in bad faith pretending to be trans. It's used improperly by right wing bigots so any discussion about the real possibility would result in a perm on era.

Thread derails from people that either don't know what they're talking about or as usual make the incorrect assessment of someone's position on trans rights with the most unfavorable interpretation of their views.
Only episode like that I'm aware of is the one where Kyle gets the black surgery to be better at basketball and it was a hilarious episode, also recall something about dolphins in it.
3 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, LoverOfCycles, D3RANG3D
(10-11-2023, 09:16 PM)kaleidoscopium wrote: Only episode like that I'm aware of is the one where Kyle gets the black surgery to be better at basketball and it was a hilarious episode, also recall something about dolphins in it.

I haven't watched it in a while and I may be missing context, but I felt like the message was people should accept who they are in a way like you shouldn't transition because that's like wanting to be a dolphin.  Different times.

See how we can discuss things here instead of "fuck you asshole bigot, you're genocidiing me!!!"