Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
(11-23-2023, 06:56 PM)HaughtyFrank wrote: "Troll account" is just another of these dumbass ban reasons. Yeah sure, she's been trolling since 2017
I hope you're not putting any staff members at risk by questioning if they deserve their positions as it took them six years and almost 3500 posts to figure it out. Bolo
(11-23-2023, 06:27 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/wkd-box-office-%E2%80%A2-11-17-19-23-%E2%80%A2-a-ballad-of-songs-trolls-and-thanks-the-marvels-sub-10m.786738/page-12#post-115218885

Quote: Cop User banned (permanently): Troll account
Alienhated
Female wrote:
Carlquincy wrote:Hm.. Why did the women demo reject The Marvels?
Putting women in lead roles doesn't automatically makes them want to see a movie, especially if it's an unattractive, unpopular brand and genre with said demo.
It's such a lazy, shallow, overly-simplistic concept.
Especially if those characters look to be yet again unappealing, unrelatable girlboss characters, that wear horrible, fugly, unstilysh superhero costumes, that have no romance or love triangles with hot men, preferably shirtless.
 Dead

https://www.resetera.com/threads/wkd-box-office-%E2%80%A2-11-17-19-23-%E2%80%A2-a-ballad-of-songs-trolls-and-thanks-the-marvels-sub-10m.786738/page-16#post-115325160

hydrophilic attack wrote:can someone explain why this post is deserving of a permanent ban?

Rosebud wrote:Yeah I don't get it. I will watch Wonka solely for Chalamet, it's not a made-up concept by the user
 Sickos
"Trolling" is mod slang for Heresy.
(11-23-2023, 07:10 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote:
(11-23-2023, 06:27 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/wkd-box-office-%E2%80%A2-11-17-19-23-%E2%80%A2-a-ballad-of-songs-trolls-and-thanks-the-marvels-sub-10m.786738/page-12#post-115218885

Quote: Cop User banned (permanently): Troll account
Alienhated
Female wrote:
Putting women in lead roles doesn't automatically makes them want to see a movie, especially if it's an unattractive, unpopular brand and genre with said demo.
It's such a lazy, shallow, overly-simplistic concept.
Especially if those characters look to be yet again unappealing, unrelatable girlboss characters, that wear horrible, fugly, unstilysh superhero costumes, that have no romance or love triangles with hot men, preferably shirtless.
 Dead

https://www.resetera.com/threads/wkd-box-office-%E2%80%A2-11-17-19-23-%E2%80%A2-a-ballad-of-songs-trolls-and-thanks-the-marvels-sub-10m.786738/page-16#post-115325160

hydrophilic attack wrote:can someone explain why this post is deserving of a permanent ban?

Rosebud wrote:Yeah I don't get it. I will watch Wonka solely for Chalamet, it's not a made-up concept by the user
 Sickos

Quote:If I had to guess mostly because they've posted the same thing over and over in every thread adjacent to The Marvels and have been vaguely antagonising to other users
Quote:Blaming "girlbosses" and attire(because heaven forbid female superheroes wear their comic accurate costumes) is pretty sus because it's something chuds bring up a lot when it comes to attacking female lead films.

hydrophilic attack
Quote:seems weird to assume a woman with thousands of posts is a chud and troll account and immediately permanently ban her
Sorry but real women shouldn't be the demographic for Marvel films. It should be trans folx who see Brie and say she's literally them.
Quote:Blaming "girlbosses" and attire(because heaven forbid female superheroes wear their comic accurate costumes) is pretty sus because it's something chuds bring up a lot when it comes to attacking female lead films.

lol this has to be the first time they're in favor of comic accurate costumes.
Trans now own the female opinion apparently.
[Image: SUwFMrM.png]

literally shaking
(11-23-2023, 08:15 PM)HaughtyFrank wrote:

lol this has to be the first time they're in favor of comic accurate costumes.

[Image: i-love-this-show-v0-d3a6zmt9cuz81.jpg?au...4bde5ee916]
All these genocides happening and I'm over here waiting like that neverending train about to crash.gif.
thanksgiving is something that only happens in films  Social Justice Warrior 2
um did you know thanksgiving is about genocide?
https://www.resetera.com/threads/does-it-bug-anyone-else-that-the-arizona-beverage-company-makers-of-arizona-iced-tea-was-founded-and-is-based-in-new-york.788235/
Quote:Like, it just really feels like false advertising at this point, like The Neverending Story or something. Did the makers of this shit even ever visit Arizona??? I don't know, just something I was thinking about while I wait for Thanksgiving meal to start...
literally shaking:
3 users liked this post: LoverOfCycles, D3RANG3D, Gameboy Nostalgia
(11-23-2023, 07:10 PM)TylenolJones wrote: Thank you to the mods for protecting Resetera on Thanksgiving. Hopefully you folks get a massive fruit basket this year. 

https://www.resetera.com/threads/austin-powers-in-phantom-liberty-no-spoilers.788196/#post-115325808

Another one. 

https://www.resetera.com/threads/cdpr-announces-dec-5th-release-for-cyberpunk-2077-ultimate-edition-contains-base-game-with-all-updates-and-dlcs-released-along-with-phantom-liberty.788271/#post-115331316

Don’t know why they don’t ban people who make cyberpunk threads, especially the alt account of notorious troll KSweeley.
jorma dateline='[url=tel:1700751360' wrote: 1700751360[/url]']
Boredfrom dateline='[url=tel:1700749401' wrote: 1700749401[/url]']
Nakho wrote:Man, it must be nice not to be infiltrated by CIA operatives and have your democratically elected government overthrown over stuff like this.

“Maybe I should try to be a force of change than be bitter about something that happened before I was born because I sound like a fake ass lamenting all this with my Pokemon/Persona Avatar.”

https://www.resetera.com/threads/tesla-is-fighting-labor-unions-in-sweden.782606/page-3#post-115313055

nah, the US is weird about the unions - you can even hire in union busting consulting and still be widely regarded as a legit company that isn't shady  Elon

it's the other way around here, if you don't sign a CBA with the unions people will find it weird and wonder why, tesla is definitely taking a credibility hit here with their refusal to sign one, and nearly all major US companies have learned this lesson when operating here and they are better off for it too. Even the newly established amazon sweden has signed a cba ffs  lol
(worth noting that local tesla management actually want to sign one just to be done with it, but Elon has put his foot down)

Confused

I didn’t say anything about unions.
2 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower
https://www.resetera.com/threads/thwarted-a-phishing-attempt-and-only-just-thought-about-how-many-people-would-fall-for-it.788046/#post-115306797
Quote:I had a 'thank you for your order we will get it to you promptly, here's your receipt' email just yesterday that said 990$ had been taken from my PayPal. I thought the pdf itself might have a virus so it took a while to open, but once I did I just checked my PayPal, saw no money had been removed, and reported the email.

I'm not really sure what they were going to gain other than wasting my time
Melody Shreds
Quote:they know 99% of people will not fall for it, they're going for that 1%.
The fucking irony when she scammed REE  Dead
Unions? Sounds like some COMMUNIST shit to me.  American  Americacry
3 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, D3RANG3D, Taco Bell Tower
Captain Obvious:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/november-23-2023-usa-today-indigenous-scholars-and-activists-say-that-the-thanksgiving-story-ignores-a-longer-past-and-future-for-native-americans.788220/

No shit!
Quote:Changing language to reflect the history of the day by calling it "Truthsgiving" or "Thankstaking"
Incorporating more indigenous foods into Thanksgiving meals
Donate or participate in local action events

I plan on hashtagging truthsgiving on twitter later today. Thank me later, injuns.
(11-23-2023, 10:01 PM)Boredfrom wrote: Captain Obvious:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/november-23-2023-usa-today-indigenous-scholars-and-activists-say-that-the-thanksgiving-story-ignores-a-longer-past-and-future-for-native-americans.788220/

No shit!

Quote:Whetstone said she hopes that as people sit with the truth, they feel inspired to take action. She suggested the following:

Changing language to reflect the history of the day by calling it "Truthsgiving" or "Thankstaking"

Everything worthwhile is being destroyed
(11-23-2023, 10:59 AM)Polident wrote: So, they’re just polar opposites of era. Seems like if they combined, you might get a slightly more tolerable place. A two forum solution.

from the euro nightclub to the shower, era will be free!
(11-23-2023, 11:34 AM)benji wrote:
(11-23-2023, 11:16 AM)Polident wrote:
(11-23-2023, 11:00 AM)benji wrote:

Statistically speaking, this still describes the Dutch.
Personally, I wouldn't want the trans immigrants of color to have their identities erased by being called Dutch. We need to celebrate the diversity not "all lives matter" everyone into "the Dutch."

Talking about being surprised by obvious things:

JohnnyUtah wrote:I'm enjoying this quite a lot, but the copoganda is on the nose. I know the first movie was anti-corporate primarily (the second, while enjoyable, is politically vile; a Reagan-era drugs 'r' bad Frank Miller turd. The third is just a kids cartoon), but I feel like this game is missing the chance to take more of a dig at the cops given how attitudes towards law enforcement have shifted over the years.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/robocop-rogue-city-exceeded-expectations-and-is-nacons-best-ever-launch.787491/page-3

MY ROBOCOP GAME IS PRO COP!? 

literally shaking Existential Six
(11-23-2023, 06:46 PM)benji wrote:
Quote:
Quote:The D+ homework required for The Marvels probably just turned a lot of people off.
The D+ homework thing is not as real as the perception of it. These aren't super deep characters and storylined, you can go on YT and watch 5 to 10 minutes "Legends" video on these characters and you are more than caught up with all the relevant information.
omfg

Ohhhhhhh okay, its only 15-20 mins worth of research and homework I have to do to enjoy my capeshit popcorn movie, thats cool.

Its a fucking lowest common denominator action film. It's not fucking Finnegans Wake.
(11-23-2023, 07:06 PM)benji wrote: I need a tier ranking of most to least political federal holidays.

lemme start,
SSS - Columbus Day, Juneteenth
Hecht, post: 42894489, member: 16 wrote:This thread is NOT to relitigate specific bans, or to call out specific members or moderators. We are talking about the community as a whole here, we are not going to get bogged down with "why was X banned" derails. Making this about individuals is not going to help. Any user(s) brigading for or against an individual will receive at least a threadban from this thread. If you have an issue regarding an individual member or moderator or a specific ban, bring it up to one of the Mod Captains (@JayC3, , @aerie, @Nepenthe, @Poodlestrike) via PM. submit a ticket here.

hydrophilic attack, post: 115329957, member: 2222 wrote:hi is the quoted information no longer true? we can no longer create a ticket to inquire about a user's ban?

i opened up a ticket to ask about a questionable ban and received the following reply:

Quote:Hello, we do not discuss other members bans with anyone but them. Thanks!

if this is the policy, the first post of this thread should be edited. the reason i even created a ticket was because of the instructions in the opening post here to do so
(11-23-2023, 10:22 PM)Boredfrom wrote: Talking about being surprised by obvious things:

JohnnyUtah wrote:I'm enjoying this quite a lot, but the copoganda is on the nose. I know the first movie was anti-corporate primarily (the second, while enjoyable, is politically vile; a Reagan-era drugs 'r' bad Frank Miller turd. The third is just a kids cartoon), but I feel like this game is missing the chance to take more of a dig at the cops given how attitudes towards law enforcement have shifted over the years.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/robocop-rogue-city-exceeded-expectations-and-is-nacons-best-ever-launch.787491/page-3

MY ROBOCOP GAME IS PRO COP!? 

literally shaking Existential Six

drugs are bad and cops are better than criminals though ???
(11-23-2023, 10:23 PM)Eric Cartman wrote:
(11-23-2023, 06:46 PM)benji wrote:
Quote:The D+ homework thing is not as real as the perception of it. These aren't super deep characters and storylined, you can go on YT and watch 5 to 10 minutes "Legends" video on these characters and you are more than caught up with all the relevant information.
omfg

Ohhhhhhh okay, its only 15-20 mins worth of research and homework I have to do to enjoy my capeshit popcorn movie, thats cool.

Its a fucking lowest common denominator action film. It's not fucking Finnegans Wake.

i think i'd rather watch the marvels without the homework than sit through 600 pages of 

"What clashes here of wills gen wonts, oystrygods gaggin fishy-gods! Brékkek Kékkek Kékkek Kékkek! Kóax Kóax Kóax! Ualu Ualu Ualu! Quaouauh! Where the Baddelaries partisans are still out to mathmaster Malachus Micgranes and the Verdons cata-pelting the camibalistics out of the Whoyteboyce of Hoodie Head. Assiegates and boomeringstroms. Sod’s brood, be me fear! Sanglorians, save! Arms apeal with larms, appalling. Killykill-killy: a toll, a toll. What chance cuddleys, what cashels aired and ventilated! What bidimetoloves sinduced by what tegotetab-solvers!"

Existential
this fucking thread...

https://www.resetera.com/threads/new-report-shows-top-1-wealthiest-responsible-for-same-amount-of-carbon-emissions-as-bottom-66-countries-representing-5-billion-population.787257/

Delicious

wombo-combo of "too retarded to read the fucking OP let alone the articlde" and "too spoilt and solipsistic to imagine anyone in the world has it tougher than you because you cant afford netflix, disney, hbo AND amazon prime"
(11-23-2023, 10:30 PM)jorma wrote:
(11-23-2023, 10:23 PM)Eric Cartman wrote:
(11-23-2023, 06:46 PM)benji wrote: omfg

i think i'd rather watch the marvels without the homework than sit through 600 pages of 

"What clashes here of wills gen wonts, oystrygods gaggin fishy-gods! Brékkek Kékkek Kékkek Kékkek! Kóax Kóax Kóax! Ualu Ualu Ualu! Quaouauh! Where the Baddelaries partisans are still out to mathmaster Malachus Micgranes and the Verdons cata-pelting the camibalistics out of the Whoyteboyce of Hoodie Head. Assiegates and boomeringstroms. Sod’s brood, be me fear! Sanglorians, save! Arms apeal with larms, appalling. Killykill-killy: a toll, a toll. What chance cuddleys, what cashels aired and ventilated! What bidimetoloves sinduced by what tegotetab-solvers!"

Existential

The homework thing is not as real as the perception of it. These aren't super deep characters and storylined, you can go on YT and watch 5 to 10 minutes "Analysis" video on these themes and you are more than caught up with all the relevant information.