Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
Sorry I haven’t posted a lot, everyone. Still making my way through Herzl
4 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, benji, Taco Bell Tower, ClothedMac
Eric Cartman dateline='[url=tel:1701074754' wrote: 1701074754[/url]']
https://www.resetera.com/threads/italy%E2%80%99s-far-right-claim-the-lord-of-the-rings-%E2%80%93-but-they%E2%80%99ve-misread-tolkien%E2%80%99s-message.789006/post-115449618 wrote:far right dimwits and abysmal media literacy, name a more perfect duo

colonspiders

Isn’t the OP one of the guys that entertain the “Orcs are black” shit? 

I think is way worse when someone with actual media literacy disingenuously throw it under the bus just to fit in a group.
(11-27-2023, 08:07 AM)Eric Cartman wrote:
(11-27-2023, 06:44 AM)NekoFever wrote: I like how she’s larping this great intellectual leader but doesn’t know the difference between ‘tenets’ and ‘tenants’.

I always knew there was something up with Christopher Nolan and never liked any of his films Snob

[Image: tenant_poster__tenet_vdfvz.jpg]
(11-27-2023, 06:27 AM)benji wrote:
(11-27-2023, 05:02 AM)BIONIC wrote:
KtotheRoc, post: 115436145, member: 12616 wrote:I expect The Marvels will do well once it's on D+. But that isn’t how we measure success for movies so it won’t change anything.
Like how the Ms. Marvel show did? Society

I think the real reason they hate capitalism so much is that it's self-correcting and eventually reveals that the average person won't put up with their shit forever

eventually Disney will have to stop throwing money into a pit and make some movies that are actually appealing and don't pander to specific loud activist groups

that's why communism can't come soon enough, so that they would be permitted to make ideologically pure content forever without fear of losing funding
(11-27-2023, 12:05 PM)Uncle wrote:
(11-27-2023, 06:27 AM)benji wrote:
(11-27-2023, 05:02 AM)BIONIC wrote:
Like how the Ms. Marvel show did? Society

I think the real reason they hate capitalism so much is that it's self-correcting and eventually reveals that the average person won't put up with their shit forever

eventually Disney will have to stop throwing money into a pit and make some movies that are actually appealing and don't pander to specific loud activist groups

that's why communism can't come soon enough, so that they would be permitted to make ideologically pure content forever without fear of losing funding

Debating whether or not to fact check. Once upon a time in a Hollywood boardroom some time ago, George Lucas praised the Soviet film industry for producing works that aren’t beholden to the hellish restraints of capitalism. Then at some point he decided he likes living in luxury and made characters to sell toys. Later on he sold it to Disney, who he described as white slavers, and who rapidly devalued the brand in a few short years.

I don’t what the point or lesson here is. Sell out while you can?

Self fact check: he said that in the same interview as the white slavers comment. Not that long ago, but it was 2015 and both comments received backlash. You can date it as he’s interviewed by Charlie Rose before his like 35+ sexual harassment allegations during that metoo era. Didn’t know he was putting up those numbers. This’ll make rewatching Batman v Superman Dawn of Justice Ultimate Edition slightly awkward.
(11-27-2023, 04:40 AM)HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth wrote: Dude can't even master a fucking pen.

[Image: mfSOv8S.jpg?1]
And yet, I bet you that a communist driven film industry will still have way less and diverse films than with capitalism. And even if the government institution that gives grants is actually running well and competent without nepotism, they would probably have an excellent filmography but not the type of films that Era actually loves.

In any case, I doubt ERA has given any thought of why they hate capitalism outside twitter and YouTuber influencers. Is just the “cool and subversive” thing to do, like when people printed Che Guevara t shirts.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/tesla-is-fighting-labor-unions-in-sweden.782606/page-3#post-115459788
Nola wrote:Mengy has a vested interest in Tesla, and has been a Musk Stan for a while. Has a tendency to try and find(arguably disengenuous) angles to run defense for him and Tesla on matters of questionable behavior and practices.

I am not one to normally call out people in this manner but I see this rather habitually(and was on the receiving end of pile ons when the site was much more Musk-Stan favorable) and think this sort of obviously flawed red herring, with this background context, borders on bad faith engagement.

Mengy wrote:I am not a Musk stan, I am a supporter of Tesla. There is a difference. I've spoken out against Musk on Era many, MANY times, so anyone stating I am a "Musk stan" is spreading their own warped opinions about me. Please don't do that.

Mengy's days are numbered lol
Hap Shaughnessy dateline='[url=tel:1701039012' wrote: 1701039012[/url]']
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cm-punk-returns-to-wwe-after-over-a-decade.788841/page-3#post-115412841
Quote: Cop User Banned (1 Week): Trolling
Malvingt2 wrote:I can't wait to see CM Punk run and proving people wrong. I can't freaking wait!! I am so excited and glad that he doesn't have to deal with the children from AEW and TK lack of leadership.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/cm-punk-returns-to-wwe-after-over-a-decade.788841/page-10#post-115420137
Quote: Cop User banned (1 week): Inflammatory comparison
Fitts wrote:Oh there's a thread on this. Absolutely hilarious!

Just a glance at the previous page and I see some attempting to reason with Punk stans. Don't bother. It's the same thing as Trumpers. They know who Punk is. They know what he's done wrong. They know his firing was totally justified and you need to be an extreme POS to have that happen in the wrassling business. Heck, he's shown his ass on camera multiple times. They simply don't care and will go through any mental gymnastics necessary to convince themselves that they're right and Punk's persecution complex is justified — and just like Trumpers they'll revel in your "tears."

Speaking of which, I hope Punk has fun wearing his pro-choice shirts in Texas or supporting trans rights in Saudi now that he went crawling back to the company that funds conservative election campaigns. I was warned that he was a fake ally back when I was giving him props. I was wrong and they were right. He's an ally until his self interests get in the way.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/cm-punk-returns-to-wwe-after-over-a-decade.788841/page-10#post-115420224
Quote: Cop User Banned (permanent): Trolling, victim blaming over multiple posts, sexist commentary, severe prior bans, junior account
Arrowgigantic wrote:
AstralSphere wrote:This set Punk off into an incandescent manbaby rage
The manbabying was when Jack asserted he was smarter than Punk about the dangers of glass, which is in fact dangerous. Punk tried to smarten him up verbally, but the words must have bounced off his mom's haircut..

https://www.resetera.com/threads/cm-punk-returns-to-wwe-after-over-a-decade.788841/page-11#post-115423536
Quote: Cop User Banned (Duration Pending): Trolling across a series of posts, history of bad faith posting in similar threads
Snake Eater wrote:
Baphomet wrote:lol CM Punk simps are hilarious, the amount of mental gymnastics in this thread…
"CM Punk simps"? lol, he really did a number on you emotionally

Honestly, is actually interesting how many people there, many of them self righteous assholes in other topics, are willing to throw their principles to the garbage because they like Punk or are investing in the WWE VS AEW war.
2 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, Gameboy Nostalgia
Quote:I was a rock kid, dance clubs were not my thing.

We went to bars and clubs to see shows. Metal to indie rock, whatever was cool I was there.

lol

Spoiler:  (click to show)

(11-27-2023, 01:18 PM)Snoopy wrote:
(11-27-2023, 04:40 AM)HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth wrote: Dude can't even master a fucking pen.

was this taken 20 years ago? how is this getup still happening on the modern internet? or was it done ironically?
NepNep wrote:It is a game of football because the only reason this is happening is because there are worldwide protests against the genocide and inter-party fighting over whether or not to just call a genocide a fucking genocide. Biden would not have moved an inch without the tangible threat of political consequence, and the reason he wasn't going to move is because he has literally always agreed with Israel's colonialism, if only because its existence acts as a bulwark for Western interests in the region.

If doing the right thing in this instance was true to his core, we wouldn't have needed Hamas attacking for it to get to this point. He would've just fought for it on his own volition. But no, let's continue pretending that geopolitics cares about progressive principles.

Wait, what?
Uncle dateline='[url=tel:1701100376' wrote: 1701100376[/url]']
Snoopy dateline='[url=tel:1701091088' wrote: 1701091088[/url]']
HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth dateline='[url=tel:1701060021' wrote: 1701060021[/url]']

Dude can't even master a fucking pen.

was this taken 20 years ago? how is this getup still happening on the modern internet? or was it done ironically?

I mean, a lot of this culture wars BS is the result of Atheism+ collapsing. Including the trans humanist spin.
I remember the rise of the new atheist stuff, felt like it was led by Dawkins or Dawkins worship, which seems to have a mirror in Jordan Peterson, though the death of the hero worship happens much faster these days

why did it collapse? feels like there wasn't any particular incident or infighting or anything, was it literally just that it was cringe?

was it that it was devoted to "facts and logic" which became "facts don't care about your feelings" and debatebros and all that is inherently oppositional to trans, so it died out due to the rise of that culture?
Atheism+
(11-27-2023, 03:54 PM)Boredfrom wrote:
NepNep wrote:It is a game of football because the only reason this is happening is because there are worldwide protests against the genocide and inter-party fighting over whether or not to just call a genocide a fucking genocide. Biden would not have moved an inch without the tangible threat of political consequence, and the reason he wasn't going to move is because he has literally always agreed with Israel's colonialism, if only because its existence acts as a bulwark for Western interests in the region.

If doing the right thing in this instance was true to his core, we wouldn't have needed Hamas attacking for it to get to this point. He would've just fought for it on his own volition. But no, let's continue pretending that geopolitics cares about progressive principles.

Wait, what?

Hamas attacking and then predictably inviting Gaza to be pulverized is a good thing in Nepenthe's book because she suffers none of the consequences and gets to reap all of the rewards of "I told you so's" and feeling the euphoria of progressive haughtiness.  It would take an act of god for Nepenthe to abandon her cum fanfics and go volunteer at Oxfam.
(11-27-2023, 04:10 PM)Uncle wrote: I remember the rise of the new atheist stuff, felt like it was led by Dawkins or Dawkins worship, which seems to have a mirror in Jordan Peterson, though the death of the hero worship happens much faster these days

why did it collapse? feels like there wasn't any particular incident or infighting or anything, was it literally just that it was cringe?

was it that it was devoted to "facts and logic" which became "facts don't care about your feelings" and debatebros and all that is inherently oppositional to trans, so it died out due to the rise of that culture?

I think over time people earned sufficient enough pushback from groups that have a distaste for pseudo-intellectual redditors that preach about religion and epistemology.  You can kind of see it on social media, whenever someone says something about praying or whatever, and an atheist responds with something along the lines of "lol magic sky man" everyone just calls them a neckbeard faggot.  Kind of refreshing after all these years.  You also see the same kind of pushback with the hedonistic elements of the internet, pejoratives that describe "coomers" and "consoomers", etc.  There seems to be a blasé attitude that has set in after years of constant high speed information and stimulation with the internet, people not necessarily finding meaning, but longer finding it necessary to deride other peoples' search for it? (see: resurgence of strong tradition and religiosity in zoomers who adopt far-right politics)  Don't know.
(11-27-2023, 04:10 PM)Uncle wrote: why did it collapse? feels like there wasn't any particular incident or infighting or anything, was it literally just that it was cringe?

Actually, there were a lot of incidents, a lot of infighting and a lot of cringe.
(11-27-2023, 04:36 PM)Propagandhim wrote:
(11-27-2023, 04:10 PM)Uncle wrote: I remember the rise of the new atheist stuff, felt like it was led by Dawkins or Dawkins worship, which seems to have a mirror in Jordan Peterson, though the death of the hero worship happens much faster these days

I think over time people earned sufficient enough pushback from groups that have a distaste for pseudo-intellectual redditors that preach about religion and epistemology.  You can kind of see it on social media, whenever someone says something about praying or whatever, and an atheist responds with something along the lines of "lol magic sky man" everyone just calls them a neckbeard faggot.  Kind of refreshing after all these years.

But the bad thing now is that people think that people should tolerate every religious thing (as long is not evangelical) to the point of apologists of people killing teachers because showing a cartoon in class.
(11-27-2023, 04:39 PM)Boredfrom wrote:
(11-27-2023, 04:10 PM)Uncle wrote: why did it collapse? feels like there wasn't any particular incident or infighting or anything, was it literally just that it was cringe?

Actually, there were a lot of incidents, a lot of infighting and a lot of cringe.

I remember quite a few prominent ones unsurprisingly being outed as creeps too.
(11-27-2023, 04:43 PM)Boredfrom wrote:
(11-27-2023, 04:36 PM)Propagandhim wrote:

I think over time people earned sufficient enough pushback from groups that have a distaste for pseudo-intellectual redditors that preach about religion and epistemology.  You can kind of see it on social media, whenever someone says something about praying or whatever, and an atheist responds with something along the lines of "lol magic sky man" everyone just calls them a neckbeard faggot.  Kind of refreshing after all these years.

But the bad thing now is that people think that people should tolerate every religious thing (as long is not evangelical) to the point of apologists of people killing teachers because showing a cartoon in class.

Islam has always been in the progressive stack, but now more than ever.  The religion is bold-facedly ridiculous and violent, it's all there in the texts -- and yet you can't even criticize quoted lines from the Hadith without being called fake government words like "Islamophobic", whatever the fuck that means.  The sad shit is, if people knew anything about history, they'd see that this sort of brutality is not an indictment on certain races or ethnicities - this brutality is universal.  They'd have no problem criticizing Islam because they'd know "white" brutality from Christians in Europe hanging people upside down for adultery, or the ancient Greeks before that with their brazen bulls.  It's an absurd tacit way to say, "I don't want to learn from history".  And it's easy to say that because the consequences of a shitty religion like Islam only affects the people who are subject to it, not these progressive retards like Nepenthe.
(11-27-2023, 04:39 PM)Boredfrom wrote:

an entire resetera's worth of wackjobs which I missed the boat on Ohhh
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-hit-a-f-ing-deer-tonight.789069/page-2#post-115456644
Dinjooh wrote:
Haribokart wrote:The amount of people here whining about their car damage and ignoring the poor animal they injured/killed is fucking gross.
The response to killing an animal being 'Stupid ass deer' is just beyond words to me.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-hit-a-f-ing-deer-tonight.789069/page-2#post-115458426
bombermouse wrote:Totally, you just murdered an animals in its habitat and it's somehow their fault.
Social Justice Warrior 2
Unless that guy is vegan, he can shut the fuck up.

[Image: AmsELGM.jpg]

edit: Noooo a morally consistent person on Resetera.  But my shitpoast!!
I bet all these genocidal fuckers have murdered thousands of animals in the digital realm
Quote:Sanctimonious garbage, nobody wanted to hit the deer in here. Spare me
Nameless wrote:Yeah, as if expressing frustration over the time, money, and inconvenience that comes with any type of damaging car accident is mutually exclusive with also feeling remorse for the animal you hit. Peak Era High-Horsing

I’m sorry, but I don’t think the deer would care either way if its killer grieve its demise or not.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2023-ot-2-tapping-the-sign.768689/page-152#post-115458186

Culex wrote:
Nazpenthi wrote:I know this.

Nothing you've said gives either the current state of Israel, or the collective nation of Jewish people, the right to be commiting genocide.
Do you honestly believe the "collective" of Jews are committing genocide?

That's quite the hill to die on.

Midnight Jon wrote:sure literally anyone else on this forum would get banned for posting that sentence alone but let's ignore that

e: yeah that's good administration. instead of reining in your personal biases for one minute, just quit even pretending to do the job in the thread you've already hinted you want to drive off the site like all the other community threads you've already driven off. ohayocon chair vibes.
 Sickos
https://www.resetera.com/threads/oscar-pistorius-granted-parole-and-will-be-released-from-prison-in-january.788388/page-2#post-115356939

Quote: Cop User Banned (2 Weeks): Hostility towards another member, previous history of similar conduct.
Ché wrote:
Bionic wrote:What qualifies them as experts? Is it anything other than putting out videos?
Experts doesn't mean infallible in a non-solved area of study, it means they are appraised of the latest information and regularly apply and try to their knowledge. Again, judging against their level of study and people in this thread, I'm going to trust them. Not that they know who's guilty and who not, but that their applying actually knowledge and experience

Thorrgal wrote:If it's not science is pseudo science. I watch these guys all the time and have a good laugh at their inconsistencies, they're a joke.
That means nothing without an example. You're a joke, how's that? About as substantive as what you said
Just imagine if nepenthe got her comeuppance. Just imagine  Lawd

There would be a big whoosh of the force across the galaxies as balance was restored