Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
(04-05-2024, 06:25 PM)Echelon wrote: Everything is a fucking monumental soul crushing event to these idiots.

You want a Toyota Sienna minivan? Ok, great, minivan for a family makes sense. Oh, you want a new one? You want a new vehicle the same size as a full size SUV and with more utility than just about anything else on the road and you're annoyed it costs $50,000 and will last the next 20 years?

You need it because you want rear air conditioning? Ok, here you go retard:

https://www.carmax.com/car/25553731

2018 Honda Odyseey EX-L, loaded with features, 93k miles which is basically new for a Honda, and $24,000 + sales tax which this dumbfuck doesn't know exists apparently. (Yes there are some states where this doesn't apply).

He's paying for a new car in cash, but complaining about the price. Newsflash, dumbshit, new cars aren't for you. They're for 50+ year old boomers with lots of money buying their last car or for actually rich people, and even they finance and lease.

Furthermore, the dealership wants you to finance? Fine, go finance then immediately pay the rest of it off.

It took me FOUR MINUTES  to solve his fucking "problems".

Quote: And finally, since we are paying in 100% in cash for the car, the dealer keeps telling us that they prefer to sell the car to people who want to finance it through the Toyota finance program.
honestly this is a red flag, he should be going somewhere else if they aren't bowing at his feet and offering a deal for a full cash payment
(04-05-2024, 06:27 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote:
(04-05-2024, 01:37 PM)Daffy Duck wrote: Another goodie just dropped

Quote:Jonathan Haidt also thinks social media is turning the kids trans. He should not to be taken seriously about anything.

Quote:One of his assessments is that being trans is a social contagion.

Fuck him and his assessments.

I mean, it wouldn’t surprise if a large majority of trans people are doing it because of the social contagion aspect of it coupled with their mental illness.

Quote:Haidt is full of shit because he's making a "just look at it" argument. You point at something, assert that the explanation is so obvious that it doesn't need further investigation and that any counter-argument is simply denying the facts, then you just continue to do that forever. People in this thread are falling for it.

This last quote is a good one, reflects Era as well.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-great-rewiring-is-social-media-really-behind-an-epidemic-of-teenage-mental-illness-nature.834273/

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-great-rewiring-is-social-media-really-behind-an-epidemic-of-teenage-mental-illness-nature.834273/page-2?post=121329009#post-121329009
AliceAmber wrote:This thread is locked due to the author's transphobia.

Not shocked that this topic scares them

Quote:At a conference on tic disorders last summer in Lausanne, Switzerland, doctors from several countries shared another observation: A surprising percentage of their patients with the TikTok tics identified as transgender or nonbinary. But without hard data in hand, multiple attendees said, the doctors worried about publicly linking transgender identity and mental illness.

“These kids have a tough enough life already, and we don’t want to inadvertently somehow make things even worse for them,” said Dr. Donald Gilbert, a neurologist at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital, whose adult daughter is transgender.

This April, the Calgary group plans to present the first analysis of the gender data at a neurology meeting in Boston. Looking at a sample of 35 patients with the TikTok tics, the researchers found that 15 of the adolescents — 43 percent — were transgender or nonbinary, compared with 12 percent of their patients with Tourette’s or with no tics. (An estimated 1.4 percent of the general population of adolescents in the United States identify as transgender.)

Dr. McVige, the neurologist who treated the girls in Le Roy, said that four out of her seven patients with TikTok tics were transgender, nonbinary or had gender dysphoria. Dr. Gilbert estimated that among his 200 patients in Ohio, 25 to 30 percent were transgender or nonbinary.

“We haven’t made any conclusions about this,” Dr. Pringsheim said. “But we know that there’s something going on here.”
https://web.archive.org/web/20240306200345/https://www.nytimes.com/2023/02/13/health/tiktok-tics-gender-tourettes.html
(04-05-2024, 06:45 PM)nachobro wrote:
(04-05-2024, 06:25 PM)Echelon wrote: Everything is a fucking monumental soul crushing event to these idiots.

You want a Toyota Sienna minivan? Ok, great, minivan for a family makes sense. Oh, you want a new one? You want a new vehicle the same size as a full size SUV and with more utility than just about anything else on the road and you're annoyed it costs $50,000 and will last the next 20 years?

You need it because you want rear air conditioning? Ok, here you go retard:

https://www.carmax.com/car/25553731

2018 Honda Odyseey EX-L, loaded with features, 93k miles which is basically new for a Honda, and $24,000 + sales tax which this dumbfuck doesn't know exists apparently. (Yes there are some states where this doesn't apply).

He's paying for a new car in cash, but complaining about the price. Newsflash, dumbshit, new cars aren't for you. They're for 50+ year old boomers with lots of money buying their last car or for actually rich people, and even they finance and lease.

Furthermore, the dealership wants you to finance? Fine, go finance then immediately pay the rest of it off.

It took me FOUR MINUTES  to solve his fucking "problems".

Quote: And finally, since we are paying in 100% in cash for the car, the dealer keeps telling us that they prefer to sell the car to people who want to finance it through the Toyota finance program.
honestly this is a red flag, he should be going somewhere else if they aren't bowing at his feet and offering a deal for a full cash payment

It's some dipshit salesman or dealership that wants the kickback from their lender, but yes, I would tell them to eat shit and buy somewhere else. The only reason I would potentially still go along with it is because they usually don't get that kickback if you pay the loan off too early so it would be a "fuck you" to the sales rep/dealer.
yeah i'd either go somewhere else or ask for the sales manager so i could get someone who wants to take home a cash bonus tonight
(04-05-2024, 06:33 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/im-tired-of-being-stuck-with-a-broken-brain-or-when-are-these-adhd-meds-gonna-start-making-a-noticeable-difference-in-my-life.837018/

hachikoma Feels bad, man

Quote:I have mediocre intelligence. Mediocre work & school history w/ multiple college dropouts. I have a mediocre overweight body that attracts no one & I never can get rid of the weight, no matter how often I decide to work out. I'm even mediocre at video games & DnD. And really... all this is a matter of fact. And it makes me feel trapped & fucked over, like I lost the genetic lottery & I'm just forced to live life as a thoroughly underwhelming human being. And I feel like I get left behind by people who are just... more talented & blessed with things I wasn't.

My dude, just apply for a job where all the medicore talentless chubby fuck-ups build their careers.

The government Trumps
[Image: cehEm7F.png]
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot3-make-her-look-more-corpulent-more-stuffed-where-the-eyes-cant-escape.275780/post-121331343

just ask kyuuji, she's one of those types of people
https://deadline.com/2024/04/fantastic-four-julia-garner-silver-surfer-1235873034/

https://www.resetera.com/threads/marvel-cinematic-universe-ot3-is-this-canon-lgbtqia-lives-matter.523146/page-139?post=121256265#post-121256265
Quote: Cop User Banned (3 Days): Boys Club Behaviour 
Bufbaf wrote:Jesus don't think about costume don't think about costume

Quote: Cop User Banned (3 Days): Boys Club Behaviour
ContractHolder wrote:(Voice in your head): "Is this thing on? Ehem. You are thinking about the costume. Godspeed."
Is the headlines subforum a way for them to lie to MOBA about the site being on life support by being able to show thousands of new threads being created everyday?
(04-05-2024, 04:19 PM)Nintex wrote: [...]

Thank you all for Playing Stellaru Bladu and please look forward to Stellaru Bladu TWO, Action Figure and animated series!!! 

(04-05-2024, 04:22 PM)Jansen wrote: Does nintex have brain damage

No, I'm just good at predicting the future.
(04-05-2024, 01:14 PM)nachobro wrote: some man: i will be speaking on behalf of women and telling them what they should like

[Image: elIZ8wr.png]
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot3-make-her-look-more-corpulent-more-stuffed-where-the-eyes-cant-escape.275780/post-121295580

Kyuuji: ok if you say so

[Image: X65HYmt.png]
https://www.resetera.com/threads/stellar-blade-previews-demo-thread-staff-post-threadmarked.831270/post-121313265

Someone should copy and paste all of kyujigiji's posts about playing that game and see how long it takes until they get banned.
Uh, exposing their hypocrisy is called doxxing and now they're gonna be afraid for their life.
everyone stop what you're doing and watch this video for 30 seconds

(04-05-2024, 04:17 PM)nachobro wrote:
(04-05-2024, 04:05 PM)benji wrote: Sees movies dozens of times in the same month at the theater, plays the same demo dozens of times, etc. I honestly don't get it. I don't

https://anotherqueerautistic.wordpress.com/2020/03/03/why-do-some-autistics-like-watching-the-same-media-over-and-over/

Trumps

That person isn't autistic, they're just a dumb cunt.
2 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower
(04-05-2024, 04:22 PM)Jansen wrote: Does nintex have brain damage

That's why we love him. It's his super power.
(04-05-2024, 04:31 PM)nobody of note wrote: It looks like there's another new feature in the offing; some kind of newsbot that will spam post gaming headlines to a gaming headlines section. Era on the cutting edge of RSS aggregation:
https://www.resetera.com/forums/gaming-headlines.54/

Noticed solely because somebody posted about it in the constructive thread and Hecht and B-Dubs immediately jump in to... whatever this is.

Lobster Roll wrote:Just wanted to say that the Gaming Headlines section of the site is an incredibly good idea. I use Era as my main aggregator of gaming news to begin with, and this will provide a direct, streamlined source for new information. Awesome stuff, and I can't wait to see how it evolves.
Hecht wrote:.....you saw nothing 👀
B-Dubs wrote:Shh

Feeds will be roughly as carefully curated as forum rules are:
Jubilant Duck wrote:Upon first seeing it I did wonder, "Given most news sites now bring in revenue by posting the same guides as everyone else about the latest games, how long before Gaming Headlines is endless game guides?"

I wasn't wondering for long.
B-Dubs wrote:You can filter by outlet using the prefix feature, that way you only have to see the outlets you're interested in. Trust me, if we could specifically filter guides out we would.
Hecht wrote:Yeah it's something I considered, especially with all of the news lately.  We'll probably adjust what feeds we pull in here and there if it's just filling up with guides and such as we go along.

Resetera's appeal has always been as a gaming news aggregator. I guess those falling user numbers and the constant driving off in droves of the most autistic dedicated communities is having an effect on the volume of gaming news that gets posted.
(04-05-2024, 05:17 PM)benji wrote: Found another old article about ResetERA.com:
[Image: eEGnzoD.png]
[Image: 1cQvc2v.png]

[Image: Hrub2M9.png]

[Image: WPW1qGS.png]
[Image: iVWnlde.png]
[Image: YXQTh8z.png]

Something that irritates me no end with Resetera is that for a community where everyone has a unique gender, pronoun, mental illness, disability and more, they are obsessed with a political ideology that scorns individualism and requires conformity to the social standard. 

Nothing worse than a zealot that doesn't even understand the core tenants of their own religion. It's why conservative Christians are so fucking annoying. Whatever happened to faith, hope and charity?
(04-05-2024, 05:30 PM)TacoWallace wrote:
(04-05-2024, 04:31 PM)nobody of note wrote: It looks like there's another new feature in the offing; some kind of newsbot that will spam post gaming headlines to a gaming headlines section. Era on the cutting edge of RSS aggregation:

Noticed solely because somebody posted about it in the constructive thread and Hecht and B-Dubs immediately jump in to... whatever this is.

Lobster Roll wrote:Just wanted to say that the Gaming Headlines section of the site is an incredibly good idea. I use Era as my main aggregator of gaming news to begin with, and this will provide a direct, streamlined source for new information. Awesome stuff, and I can't wait to see how it evolves.

That's just Nep's alt who you can sometimes find defending themselves. This is their form of marketing. 

They could have tried a little harder not to sound like a plant here.

Hey fellow gamers,

I just had to jump on here and share my excitement about the latest addition to Resetera - the Gaming Headlines feature! Let me tell you, this is a game-changer in every sense of the word.

First off, can we just appreciate the convenience? With Gaming Headlines, I no longer have to sift through countless threads or scour the internet for the latest news. Everything I need to know is neatly curated and right at my fingertips. It's like having a personalized newsfeed tailored specifically to my gaming interests.

But it's not just about convenience; it's about staying connected. Whether it's breaking announcements, updates on upcoming releases, or juicy industry insights, Gaming Headlines ensures that I'm always in the loop. And let's face it, in the fast-paced world of gaming, staying informed is key.

What's even more impressive is the breadth of coverage. From AAA titles to indie gems, from console wars to PC master race debates, Gaming Headlines covers it all. It's like having a direct line to the pulse of the gaming community, and I can't get enough of it.

But perhaps the best part is the community engagement aspect. With Gaming Headlines, it's easier than ever to spark discussions, share opinions, and connect with fellow gamers who are just as passionate about this medium as I am. It's not just about consuming news; it's about being part of a vibrant, thriving community.

So, kudos to the Resetera team for rolling out this fantastic feature. It's clear that a lot of thought and effort went into making Gaming Headlines a reality, and it definitely shows. Here's to many more hours of staying informed, engaged, and entertained, all thanks to Gaming Headlines!

Cheers
(04-05-2024, 08:24 PM)Potato wrote:
(04-05-2024, 05:30 PM)TacoWallace wrote:

That's just Nep's alt who you can sometimes find defending themselves. This is their form of marketing. 

They could have tried a little harder not to sound like a plant here.

Hey fellow gamers,

I just had to jump on here and share my excitement about the latest addition to Resetera - the Gaming Headlines feature! Let me tell you, this is a game-changer in every sense of the word.

First off, can we just appreciate the convenience? With Gaming Headlines, I no longer have to sift through countless threads or scour the internet for the latest news. Everything I need to know is neatly curated and right at my fingertips. It's like having a personalized newsfeed tailored specifically to my gaming interests.

But it's not just about convenience; it's about staying connected. Whether it's breaking announcements, updates on upcoming releases, or juicy industry insights, Gaming Headlines ensures that I'm always in the loop. And let's face it, in the fast-paced world of gaming, staying informed is key.

What's even more impressive is the breadth of coverage. From AAA titles to indie gems, from console wars to PC master race debates, Gaming Headlines covers it all. It's like having a direct line to the pulse of the gaming community, and I can't get enough of it.

But perhaps the best part is the community engagement aspect. With Gaming Headlines, it's easier than ever to spark discussions, share opinions, and connect with fellow gamers who are just as passionate about this medium as I am. It's not just about consuming news; it's about being part of a vibrant, thriving community.

So, kudos to the Resetera team for rolling out this fantastic feature. It's clear that a lot of thought and effort went into making Gaming Headlines a reality, and it definitely shows. Here's to many more hours of staying informed, engaged, and entertained, all thanks to Gaming Headlines!

Cheers

Hey chatgpt, make it shorter...

Hey Resetera fam,

Just had to share my excitement about the new Gaming Headlines feature. It's a total game-changer! Now, staying updated on all things gaming is a breeze. From breaking news to community buzz, it's all there, neatly curated and easily accessible. Major kudos to the Resetera team for this gem!
What will they do when something like Hogwarts legacy makes it through to their aggregator, or are they going to maintain a blacklist of games that they won’t publicly reveal?
(04-05-2024, 06:33 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/im-tired-of-being-stuck-with-a-broken-brain-or-when-are-these-adhd-meds-gonna-start-making-a-noticeable-difference-in-my-life.837018/

hachikoma Feels bad, man

That's a fucking depressing state of existence. Dude is typically blaming external factors for his shit life instead of himself. And can someone tell me why these retards ALWAYS play Final Fantasy 14? It's like that game is a bright neon sign screaming "RETARD ALERT! RETARD ALERT!"
2 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower
(04-05-2024, 06:36 PM)I don't swear wrote:
(04-05-2024, 06:20 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot3-make-her-look-more-corpulent-more-stuffed-where-the-eyes-cant-escape.275780/page-358?post=121327059#post-121327059
Twohearts wrote:Hey, it's ok. Just once again, as a CSA survivor I am very sensitive to this kind of stuff, and I kind of actually think him being iver the top evil is amazing because I don't think anyone who does those kind of things has any goodness in them. It's jst you know it kind of plays alsmost into exploitation type stuff, not quite as bad as sucker punch but still very much trying to be upsetting on purpose without really having any empathy for Alice's situation.
Also as someone who's been in therapy for years, I'd kind of personally rahter a story about someone trying to cope over a story based purely on recovery, as it feels like, at ealst for me, that recovery is never giong to be possible, and I'd like stories about that being ok

https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/page-108?post=121317336#post-121317336
Twohearts wrote:yes that is true and I am sorry for reducing it down to calss and wording myself poorly. I was just trying to justify why the media for example keeps going on cycles of bigotry. I do agree that a lot of people are just purely hateful, though I personally believe that humans are mostly good people, though that is hampered by societal forces, albiet evil also exists which is something I can attest to as someone who was sexually abused basically just because I was a special needs child and it was easy to get me alone. Like, if people weren't at least somewhat good inherently you wouldn't see the disabled cavemen bones.
I don't know. I do want to believe there is a lot of good in this world but it is hard, and I am mostly trying to justify things to myself.
Talking about her headkid? hmm
I propose a new theory: Twohearts is probably using ChatGPT for these long winded paragraphs, and messing up spelling intentionally along with dumbing the response down to throw people off guard. Also, I can count on two fingers who misspell to the point it's intentional: Slayven and Twohearts. I don't count the dog guy. 

Why do I say ChatGPT? This is the same person who said "gross gross gross gross" and "scarry man". Unless that was Birdie ban evading. Also flip flopping the "we" and "I".

It's ok. One of the headmates is dyslexic.
My self published trans furry’s heroic journey will be called Shonky Gina Wants Her Hole. It’s about an 800 pound moose who grows up dreaming of becoming the first moose to cornhole Ben Shapiro in a Sainsbury’s car park. Live, laugh, love will be the tagline.
(04-05-2024, 07:17 PM)Nintex wrote:

hachikoma Feels bad, man

Quote:I have mediocre intelligence. Mediocre work & school history w/ multiple college dropouts. I have a mediocre overweight body that attracts no one & I never can get rid of the weight, no matter how often I decide to work out. I'm even mediocre at video games & DnD. And really... all this is a matter of fact. And it makes me feel trapped & fucked over, like I lost the genetic lottery & I'm just forced to live life as a thoroughly underwhelming human being. And I feel like I get left behind by people who are just... more talented & blessed with things I wasn't.

My dude, just apply for a job where all the medicore talentless chubby fuck-ups build their careers.

The government Trumps

I feel personally targeted by this. 
Marimo
(04-05-2024, 08:36 PM)Potato wrote:

hachikoma Feels bad, man

That's a fucking depressing state of existence. Dude is typically blaming external factors for his shit life instead of himself. And can someone tell me why these retards ALWAYS play Final Fantasy 14? It's like that game is a bright neon sign screaming "RETARD ALERT! RETARD ALERT!"
Tears of the Kingdom is too complex for them because you need to be creative, inventive, able-bodied and have an above average IQ Miyamoto

Shame they banned that retard that couldn't push two buttons at the same time to play Super Mario Galaxy.  Everybody is laughing at you!
(04-05-2024, 08:34 PM)kaleidoscopium wrote: What will they do when something like Hogwarts legacy makes it through to their aggregator, or are they going to maintain a blacklist of games that they won’t publicly reveal?

Already saw a cyberpunk 2077 headline. Stay safe
(04-05-2024, 08:43 PM)HaughtyFrank wrote:
(04-05-2024, 08:34 PM)kaleidoscopium wrote: What will they do when something like Hogwarts legacy makes it through to their aggregator, or are they going to maintain a blacklist of games that they won’t publicly reveal?

Already saw a cyberpunk 2077 headline. Stay safe

Literally zero engagement in any of those threads. Most have barely any views. What is the point of this? They complain about social media constantly, but this is straight out of the Facebook playlist.

Edit: Holy shit is even worse than it sounds. If you want to discuss any of the articles, you need to create your own thread in the main gaming forum. 

Quote:Hello everyone!

This forum is a collection of RSS feeds from various gaming news sites. We thought it might be a good idea to have a space where headlines can be gathered in one place to help users with finding newsworthy items to create threads from.

Here's how this will work:
  1. This forum is locked for posting. The only user that can post here is the newsbot.
  2. Each thread will have the name of the site appended as a Tag, which you can use to filter your results, if you only want to see articles from a specific publication(s).
  3. For each RSS feed item, we are only grabbing the headline, author, and a link to the article. We did this because you should still go to the site to view the entire article. The same rules apply as the rest of the site - no posting the entire article.
  4. If you decide to make a thread elsewhere on the site because you found something interesting here, you should still use a link to the original article, NOT this forum.
Most feeds are gaming-only. You may see some other stuff get thrown in there like movies, tech, or even things like guides for games, etc. Nothing we can really do about it, if it's in the feed it's gonna show up here.

The feed is not instantaneous, it updates roughly every 20 minutes or so (and obviously it won't pull new articles if no new articles have been posted in those 20 minutes).

Hopefully this turns out to be as useful as we hope it will. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Here are the current sites whose RSS feeds we're pulling:
- Aftermath
- Eurogamer
- Game Developer
- GameIndustry.biz
- Game Informer
- GameSpot
- Ars Technica
- Gematsu
- IGN
- Insider Gaming
- Kotaku
- Polygon
- Remap Radio
- Rock, Paper, Shotgun
- TechRaptor
- The Verge

These can be adjusted as we go along. If there's a newsworthy, reputable site out there that we're missing, we may consider adding it to the feed (provided they have an RSS feed). We may also remove sites from this list, particularly if a site starts suddenly using large amounts of AI-generated content.
I can’t wait for the newsbot to start posting about Hogwarts Legacy 2.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-been-thinking-alot-about-jinping-and-putin-lately-tell-me-if-i-am-crazy.837120/

Slayven wrote:I think one of the underlying issues with both, not the only one, but a main factors is they came up hearing stories of badasses. By all accountants Putin was just a mid KGB bureaucrat. Don't know much about Jinping. I can see them getting paranoid about just being a footnote in history and wish to reunite old empires. That shit hit me hard when Putin started pulling out maps from the 1400s.

Dayum
When slayven thinks, other people get hurt
“By all accountants”

“I’ve been thinking a lot about Putin and jinping” 
“Don’t know much about jinping” 

I can’t with this retard lol