Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
(04-06-2024, 06:53 AM)benji wrote:
(04-06-2024, 04:09 AM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote:
(04-06-2024, 04:07 AM)benji wrote: Stupid people have this concept of being "thorough" that's like this and they think it's how high level academic work is. I can tell from the "sourcing" in this that the person thinks they're really pounding through the truth of their case.

Meanwhile, the entire thing is based on an objectively false premise that can be confirmed to be false relatively easily: that Nepenthe was "doxxed" shortly after the PoliEra Discord started complaining about her recently because of an alignment between them and The Bire about some of the worst political posters on the forum that led to an actual secret conspiracy that nobody has found any proof of other than sirpopopo saying he likes Kara and Mandark, neither of whom have signed up here or even posted on the OG in years and hadn't posted in the dumpster thread there in over a decade.

I expect to see a counter manifesto from you within 24 hours.
https://thebore.net/re/nep/doxxxingethics.htm

Benji's a good guy. Holding back the name and address posts.  Heartbeat
2 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Taco Bell Tower
(04-06-2024, 06:19 AM)Jansen wrote:
(04-06-2024, 01:39 AM)Boredfrom wrote:
(04-06-2024, 01:35 AM)Jansen wrote: what a fucking bitch

Is that you Nepenthe?

I obviously meant whomever compiled the document you fucking retard

Is it tho?
(04-06-2024, 05:49 AM)remy wrote:
(04-06-2024, 05:23 AM)Averon wrote: Also, I can't figure out who this manifesto supposed to "help." It makes nearly everyone involved from PoliERA to B-Dumbs and crew look like terminally online nutbags.

I feel like it is meant to be at least slightly pro mod. whoever it was that wrote it is bizarrely obsessed with poliera tho and keeps talking about some weird commie discord?

They suspiciously also ignore the whole sex slavery saga
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ign-how-hidden-nazi-symbols-were-the-tip-of-a-toxic-iceberg-at-life-is-strange-developer-deck-nine-up-se-didnt-want-the-ip-known-as-%E2%80%9Cthe-gay-game.834315/
Quote:For instance, multiple people recalled an incident during True Colors development where Square Enix told multiple developers it didn't want Life Is Strange to be thought of as the "gay game."

I really don't feel comfortable platforming Square Enix games on Resetera now. Can FFXIV and FF7 be banned now? The company is anti LGBTQIA+..
I thought it was only incels and high school shooters that created those manifesto type things
https://www.resetera.com/threads/israel-begins-bombing-of-southern-gaza-following-collapse-of-ceasefire-see-staff-posts-for-posting-guidelines.772478/page-300?post=121354008#post-121354008

Tsuyu wrote:Pelosi signature at this junction doesn't absolve her for what happened in Gaza. Too little, too late.

Remember kids. You can never change and do the right thing. You will always be wrong and evil no matter what. It's black and white, really.  Trumps

If Genocide Joe stopped sending weapons and demanded Israel to chill it would still be not enough.
Gameboy Nostalgia dateline='[url=tel:1712389777' wrote: 1712389777[/url]']
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ign-how-hidden-nazi-symbols-were-the-tip-of-a-toxic-iceberg-at-life-is-strange-developer-deck-nine-up-se-didnt-want-the-ip-known-as-%E2%80%9Cthe-gay-game.834315/
Quote:For instance, multiple people recalled an incident during True Colors development where Square Enix told multiple developers it didn't want Life Is Strange to be thought of as the "gay game."

I mean, is the only reason why the franchise still has a fan base post Don't Nod (not that they were good managing the franchise themselves). Then again, I can see Square Enix point if they wanted the franchise to be some sort Anthology Twilight Zone with Teenagers, but LIS 2 bombing killed that notion.

Ok this is actually funny. What a 180. Gamergate 2.0 is just as funny as the first. lmao
(04-06-2024, 08:07 AM)Boredfrom wrote:
Gameboy Nostalgia dateline='[url=tel:1712389777' wrote: 1712389777[/url]']

I mean, is the only reason why the franchise still has a fan base post Don't Nod (not that they were good managing the franchise themselves). Then again, I can see Square Enix point if they wanted the franchise to be some sort Anthology Twilight Zone with Teenagers, but LIS 2 bombing killed that notion.

I forgot there was even a life is strange 2.  lol
Quote:"There's a lot of press out there praising True Colors for having the first bisexual lead in a Life Is Strange game," said Mallory Littleton, a narrative designer who worked at Deck Nine on multiple Life Is Strange titles. "Even in our press guides from Square Enix, all the way up until [review copies were out], we were not to say anything about Alex's sexuality, period, at all. And then they did the advance copies, and all of these reviews came out saying how amazing it was to finally see an explicitly bi protagonist, and after that, Square was like, just kidding, Alex is absolutely, canonically, 100% bisexual."

Rage I don't

Congrats… in having the first in something on you Niche Franchise? 

And, no offense to you lady, but Square Enix was just not going to say “Fuck those f**s, pay attention to this”. Then again, Square Enix seems to have kept the franchise after selling their Western studios to the slaughterhouse, so maybe they want to have their cake and eating it too.
You're telling me Square Enix doesn't know what it is doing? Shocked Pikachu
(04-06-2024, 08:00 AM)Daffy Duck wrote: I thought it was only incels and high school shooters that created those manifesto type things
It is. But that's none of my business...
(04-06-2024, 08:18 AM)Boredfrom wrote:
Quote:"There's a lot of press out there praising True Colors for having the first bisexual lead in a Life Is Strange game," said Mallory Littleton, a narrative designer who worked at Deck Nine on multiple Life Is Strange titles. "Even in our press guides from Square Enix, all the way up until [review copies were out], we were not to say anything about Alex's sexuality, period, at all. And then they did the advance copies, and all of these reviews came out saying how amazing it was to finally see an explicitly bi protagonist, and after that, Square was like, just kidding, Alex is absolutely, canonically, 100% bisexual."
[Image: harrison-ford-who-gives-a-shit.gif]
I have to admit.. I miss the PoliEra thread in EtcetEra Hangouts. It just doesn't feel the same.  Mjcry
(04-06-2024, 08:42 AM)benji wrote:
(04-06-2024, 08:18 AM)Boredfrom wrote:
[Image: harrison-ford-who-gives-a-shit.gif]

Tell us you hate LGBTQIA+ folx without telling us.  wag
Quote:Colorado Film School
Associate's degree, Screenwriting / Directing
2015 - 2019
Quote:Experience
Deck Nine Games
6 yrs 9 mos
Lead Narrative Designer
May 2022 - Jul 2023 · 1 yr 3 mos
Senior Narrative Designer
Jul 2021 - May 2022 · 11 mos
Narrative Designer
Nov 2020 - Jul 2021 · 9 mos
Staff Writer
Mar 2019 - Nov 2020 · 1 yr 9 mos
Assistant Writer
Nov 2016 - Mar 2019 · 2 yrs 5 mos
Neoxon and Nepenthe btfo by a four year associates degree holder.

edit:
https://ccaurora.edu/colorado-film-school-announcement/ wrote:Exciting things continue to happen at the Community College of Aurora. We’re transitioning what was formerly known as the Colorado Film School (CFS) to the Cinematic Arts Department. This shift brings the college into full alignment with our Higher Learning Commission accreditation responsibilities and allows us to more equitably deliver Title IV funds (financial aid) to the entirety of our student body.

This aligns with the Community College of Aurora’s organization and operational structure to ensure the highest quality, transparency, and accountability. This update embraces unique degrees and certificates that have historically been housed within our film programming and adds in coursework in alignment with current business and industry needs.
Quote:Since the inception of the film program, the awarding of its credentials has always been through the regionally accredited institution. Every former Colorado film school student who has completed their certificate or degree earned their award from the regionally accredited Community College of Aurora.

The Community College of Aurora is a public two-year institution, a part of the Colorado Community College System and governed by the State Board of Community Colleges and Occupational Education.
Dead Dead Dead Dead
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot3-make-her-look-more-corpulent-more-stuffed-where-the-eyes-cant-escape.275780/page-359?post=121353723#post-121353723
Cenauru wrote:
SinOfHeart wrote:I feel like I had a fairly different experience from most people with BG3, because I did an evil run that was not Durge.

I love Minthara, I think she's an awesome character that I seriously wish got further explored with more actual choice in how the ending works for an evil run with her. But the sex scene with her is seriously comical. Like she is a very domineering character, so I feel like I'd have certain expectations about how sex with her would be (but at the same time that is one of the first scenes where you can actually explore her vulnerabilities, so I think some of those expectations would honestly be shattered).

But then the actual depiction of the sex with Minthara is just her sitting on your face. (for a female main character, not sure if the male one is diferent). Was it titillating to watch, sure, but I was also seriously laughing at how ridiculous everything about it was too.

In general I feel like sex scenes are hard to approach in games, because no matter how you present them you can't really escape the voyeuristic feeling the player is going to have from not actually being the characters involved.

Yeah I watched the scenes for Minthara on youtube, and it looked like it was just trying to be titillating. I played a female character who romanced Karlach and those sex scenes felt sapphic as hell, and got me feeling quite flustered. Some of them are incredibly passionate and romantic, while others are like, yeah lets FUCK. Can be a bit weird going from one character to the next.

hmm ..... 

Wut

Mindblown

Can someone explain to me like I'm 5 why this is different and fine compared to the sexualization in Stellar Blade?
[Image: o5CReb8.png]
Hesright

Wut The fuck is he talking about? Neither the SNES or GBA were more powerful versions of older hardware.
(04-06-2024, 08:54 AM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot3-make-her-look-more-corpulent-more-stuffed-where-the-eyes-cant-escape.275780/page-359?post=121353723#post-121353723
Cenauru wrote:
SinOfHeart wrote:I feel like I had a fairly different experience from most people with BG3, because I did an evil run that was not Durge.

I love Minthara, I think she's an awesome character that I seriously wish got further explored with more actual choice in how the ending works for an evil run with her. But the sex scene with her is seriously comical. Like she is a very domineering character, so I feel like I'd have certain expectations about how sex with her would be (but at the same time that is one of the first scenes where you can actually explore her vulnerabilities, so I think some of those expectations would honestly be shattered).

But then the actual depiction of the sex with Minthara is just her sitting on your face. (for a female main character, not sure if the male one is diferent). Was it titillating to watch, sure, but I was also seriously laughing at how ridiculous everything about it was too.

In general I feel like sex scenes are hard to approach in games, because no matter how you present them you can't really escape the voyeuristic feeling the player is going to have from not actually being the characters involved.

Yeah I watched the scenes for Minthara on youtube, and it looked like it was just trying to be titillating. I played a female character who romanced Karlach and those sex scenes felt sapphic as hell, and got me feeling quite flustered. Some of them are incredibly passionate and romantic, while others are like, yeah lets FUCK. Can be a bit weird going from one character to the next.

hmm ..... 

Wut

Mindblown

Can someone explain to me like I'm 5 why this is different and fine compared to the sexualization in Stellar Blade?
The word "sapphic" whereas the others are bad because they appeal to a hypothetical male gaze. Happy to help.
(04-06-2024, 08:56 AM)benji wrote: [Image: o5CReb8.png]

The fuck is he talking about? Neither the SNES or GBA were more powerful versions of older hardware.

Still has more games than the PS5.
4 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Taco Bell Tower, Potato, Nintex
As a lesbian and how important the life is strange games have been to me (first game helped me come out), this is so disheartening. I need games like this, I expected better from these studios. I'm reading and crying laughter. lol
(04-06-2024, 02:51 AM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote: And I'm voting for Genocide Joe AGAIN. Take that HamasEra!

They call us a hate site and yet we can respectfully disagree on this

Trumps Malarkey!
3 users liked this post: Tucker's Law, Taco Bell Tower, Gameboy Nostalgia
That manifesto is hilarious. Nepenthe is a racist and all your weird document does is evidence it.
(04-06-2024, 07:01 AM)Boredfrom wrote:
(04-06-2024, 06:19 AM)Jansen wrote:
(04-06-2024, 01:39 AM)Boredfrom wrote: Is that you Nepenthe?

I obviously meant whomever compiled the document you fucking retard

Is it tho?

Goddamn you're dumb
(04-06-2024, 09:13 AM)Besticus Maximus wrote: That manifesto is hilarious. Nepenthe is a racist and all your weird document does is evidence it.

Quote:Nepenthe is a queer black woman. Within the context of her Blackness, queerness, and radical politics, asking for someone to bait her into being a target for the FBI is a clear request that someone put her in a situation that would be dangerous to her life. On February 26th, user Brad the Jeb further insinuated that Nepenthe wanted people to die due to her beliefs, a statement that was reacted to with wide agreement – rhetoric that makes it difficult to represent BradyTheGoat’s statement as 1) a joke or 2) not reflective of the PoliERA Discord’s broader beliefs:

wag Queer black women can't be racist.
3 users liked this post: MJBarret, Taco Bell Tower, Boredfrom
(04-06-2024, 09:09 AM)Nintex wrote:
(04-06-2024, 02:51 AM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote: And I'm voting for Genocide Joe AGAIN. Take that HamasEra!

They call us a hate site and yet we can respectfully disagree on this

Trumps Malarkey!

The left and right should come together. Only when the marketplace of ideas is open and inclusive to ALL sides will the world heal.

and breaking bread with people like Benji is okay too I guess  Snob
3 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Taco Bell Tower, Nintex
[Image: 18RAm3z_bQnpL6HZpyCErdlzAnejrBsTDD0ecaIu...MH-Qt7E9pD]

posts like this from the manifesto make me laugh at PoliEra. We all know Nep wouldn't do shit in any uprising, they're just like any of the other revolutionaries on twitter who cry and complain. The far left have a hard enough time being depressed and complaining about racism and transphobia, do you really think someone like Nep will strap and leave the comfort of the suburbs?

You know who actually stormed the capital instead of storming random black and asian owned businesses or have a sit in? The right. It's not the left who have shown any real initiative. Leftists love the Democrat plantation and being perpetual victims and you can't be the victim if you're the victor.

So stop taking her seriously, you guys. Learn to live, laugh, and love Nep's crazy little ramblings.  Malarkey!

Trump wins? So what? Nepnep's just going to keep complaining on Resetera and nothing will change over 4 years. Y'all gotta relax.
(04-06-2024, 08:56 AM)benji wrote: [Image: o5CReb8.png]
Hesright

Wut The fuck is he talking about? Neither the SNES or GBA were more powerful versions of older hardware.

He is literally wrong about everything, how is this even possible
What we need to do is change TheBore to TheBorettes and become the number one trans headmates site
(04-06-2024, 09:58 AM)Snoopy wrote: What we need to do is change TheBore to TheBorettes and become the number one trans headmates site

[Image: oSttGaN.png]