Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
https://www.resetera.com/threads/making-of-stellar-blade-episode-1-the-journey.842712/?post=121624110#post-121624110

BobLoblaw, post: 121624110, member: 12486 wrote:Which episode covers the two "toxic feminists" that were allegedly fired from the studio?

here comes the burka brigade
(04-12-2024, 09:33 PM)FEUER FREI. wrote: saudi arabia is one of the most racist and women hating countries in the world and with slavery before you even get into stuff like lgbt, and many times i have seen people on era defend it. look at the previous world cup in qatar of saudi football fans attending saudi team matches, there was literally not a single woman in the crowd. when any other countries you see tons of women. saudi arabia is even forcefully displacing indigenous groups in their country that lived way outside of its cities to build some new glass hotbox city or some shit as well

thats def one of the internet isis propagandists aka rustynails alt

Whenever their type is pressed, they go with claiming all the hating gays, subjecting women, and deeply racist on a level beyond most westerners understanding… is from the whites teaching them. Press further, they’ll say only once the west is destroyed, The Work on educating others can begin. “Dear y’all. Stoning gays? Maybe don’t? Do f***ing better.”
(04-12-2024, 10:02 PM)Jansen wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/making-of-stellar-blade-episode-1-the-journey.842712/?post=121624110#post-121624110

BobLoblaw, post: 121624110, member: 12486 wrote:Which episode covers the two "toxic feminists" that were allegedly fired from the studio?

here comes the burka brigade

So they went from "THEY FIRED" to "ALLEGEDLY FIRED".  hmm
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot3-make-her-look-more-corpulent-more-stuffed-where-the-eyes-cant-escape.275780/page-362?post=121623015#post-121623015

Naiad, post: 121623015, member: 79229 wrote:I find that hard to believe when the women's outfit has a zipper going straight down the front of her chest that would do more than just "give her air" and expose all, if any, of her cleavage. Where's the front zipper on the men's side?

Alright this one is definitely retarded
(04-12-2024, 09:22 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot3-make-her-look-more-corpulent-more-stuffed-where-the-eyes-cant-escape.275780/page-362?post=121623072#post-121623072

Twohearts wrote:Before I transitioned, I was culturally seen as a faggot more or less

Rofl newsfeed
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot3-make-her-look-more-corpulent-more-stuffed-where-the-eyes-cant-escape.275780/page-363?post=121625478#post-121625478

Uh-oh, sisters.. a man is trying to correct us.

NuclearWinter wrote:
Vonocourt wrote:But… why?

Like why is one a two piece and the other a one piece. It's literally for the same events.
I think it's just a preference thing. The cut of that one piece does look dumb, but for whatever it's worth they have a variety of choices:
You know how on the last day of school it’s meant to be a skive? Well, our geography teacher put on the movie of Pink Floyd’s The Wall. I’m sure in his head he was all fuck yeah, rage against the machine, but we were 9 year olds. None of us had a clue what it was about except there were hammers and the scary man shaved his eyebrows.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/avantika-vandanapu-receives-backlash-for-rumored-casting-as-rapunzel-in-tangled-remake.843198/?post=121625565#post-121625565

mreddie wrote:Fuck South Park but also fuck Disney for just constantly doing this.
wtf?
(04-12-2024, 10:27 PM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot3-make-her-look-more-corpulent-more-stuffed-where-the-eyes-cant-escape.275780/page-363?post=121625478#post-121625478

NuclearWinter wrote:

Like why is one a two piece and the other a one piece. It's literally for the same events.
I think it's just a preference thing. The cut of that one piece does look dumb, but for whatever it's worth they have a variety of choices:

Vonocourt wrote:that doesn't really change the uniforms they chose to unveil the line.

Also, congrats on making your first post here.

[Image: 4tnk9r.jpg]
(04-12-2024, 09:22 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot3-make-her-look-more-corpulent-more-stuffed-where-the-eyes-cant-escape.275780/page-362?post=121623072#post-121623072

Twohearts wrote:
PallasKitten wrote:I think I get what you mean, but I'm not confident in my ability to really word it either. It's no secret that sex is viewed as being very "important" in some circles - men may be seen as "failures" if they're unable to acquire sex, because as you said, it's seen as a goal. And people with that kind of mindset often also tend to view sex as something you do to a woman, not something you do with a woman. It's like some weird powerplay thing, and if they have sex, they have "power" in their minds. It's hard to eloquently explain though.
I mean even for women it is seen as an exepcted goal. Mum and Dad freaked out when I told them I was asexual and was planning on getting zero-depth vaginoplasty just because I didn't see the point in paying an extra 10 t-birds just to have a new hole to have sex with. Eventually got them to come around, but it's just hard to convince people that sex isn't the end all be all of relationships, though honeslty the thing that got them to come around was telling them about the sexual abuse. A woman isnt' necesessarily suposed to want sex, but she must still be avaliable for sex.

Also, culturally, sex is all about power, or at least sexual violence. It's why all these chuds say bullshit like doing rape threats against female developers they don't like or saying ones they deem horrific as too ugly to rape (though honestly if they had the chance they'd probably do it anyway). Before I transitioned, I was culturally seen as a faggot more or less and that transgressing of manhood led to sexual violence from three different people that I am aware of. Luckily nothing has happened for 7 years now but the implicit threat is still there in a lot of interactions with men.

whether twotrolls is a masterful troll or a massiv loser, they at least make me lol irl

"before I transitioned, I was culturally seen as a faggot more or less"

Comeon lmao

im still #teamtroll
(04-12-2024, 10:34 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/avantika-vandanapu-receives-backlash-for-rumored-casting-as-rapunzel-in-tangled-remake.843198/?post=121625565#post-121625565
mreddie wrote:Fuck South Park but also fuck Disney for just constantly doing this.

Disney casting requirements
- Somewhat mid or ugly  hmm 
- Not White  Deal with it 
- Can't act or has never played in a big production 'fish out of the water' or 'deer caught in headlights' performance  Whew 
- Absolute PR disaster for cheap internet clicks  Reeeeee 
- Does the lead role for $50k after tax Money
B-Dumbs in the Community Thread:
Quote:I just want to point out again: nobody who is pointing out who Varvra is has been warned or banned or anything. It's just been the people who make it personal and start attacking each other.

The reason why we try and come down on that, and have always tried to, is because if you aren't careful that sort of thing can escalate in dangerous ways. You go from that sort of thing to bringing that user's posts into discord to complain about them with your buddies. Then you keep doing that, even to the point of taking other posts they make out of context in order to have something to complain about. All of a sudden you have a channel in your discord that's dedicated to complaining about a handful of posters, with dozens and dozens of posts as "proof" of how bad they are. Then you're left questioning why everyone else doesn't see what you see and, if you're too far down the rabbithole, you wind up making a 200-page google doc with "receipts" showing just how bad they are and you then try and pass it around so people can see what you do. You're so far gone at this point you don't even realize you're doing the same sort of shit kiwifarms does on a regular basis, that the behavior is really not all that different from the worst of the worst internet dwellers.

Shit, maybe they are an asshole, but the only place to escalate from that sort of thing is doxxing them. At that point you've crossed a line that pretty much everyone agrees is way too far.

My point is, people need to be able to have a discussion with each other without going into personal attacks. The world is more complicated than "us vs them" even if everyone on social media tells you otherwise. Everyone likes something problematic and we all have different lines we draw in the sand when it comes to this sort of thing. Something I find over the line might be seen as someone else as no big deal and vice versa. Having that discussion is fine so long as it's in good faith and respectful. It's our job to keep people on the right side of that line, to toss the people who are just trolling or those not engaging in good faith.

Reports from you guys can help with that sort of thing, even if we don't warn/ban someone it doesn't mean we can't take the report under advisement or keep an eye out for specific sorts of behaviors in the future. What I'm saying is this: being an asshole gets you nowhere, it might feel good in the moment but it generally has repercussions long-term. If you think someone is doing something wrong then tell us. Hit the report button, tell us what's up, and then let it pass like a bad dream. Hyperfocusing on people you dislike is no way to live your life, you'll just make yourself miserable doing that.

I see someone read the PoliERA manifesto lol
Quote:Hyperfocusing on people you dislike is no way to live your life, you'll just make yourself miserable doing that.

Says the most miserable cunt alive lol
https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-politics-ot-1-smoked-filled-mar-a-lago-rooms.826662/page-27?post=121625454#post-121625454

Pomerlaw wrote:Trump was a libtard! Totally clears the President thank you!!!
                 Ableist rhetoric
is this?
https://www.resetera.com/threads/avantika-vandanapu-receives-backlash-for-rumored-casting-as-rapunzel-in-tangled-remake.843198/?post=121626237#post-121626237

jon bones wrote:
EN1GMA wrote:I bet those same people did not care when Naomi Scott was cast as Jasmine.
she is half Indian
Same difference as Arab? Yikes
Vonocourt wrote:
NuclearWinter wrote:At this point, I can't help but feel cynical about Disney's decisions. It just feels too much like they're intentionally casting these actors so they can get hatred and the movies publicity.

Man go fuck yourself.

Marginalized groups scramble for representation strive to be seen, and your thought is immediately assume it's a crass all publicity is good publicity even when the whole story is a right wing false narrative.

I don't know. Maybe Disney should make good new movies that have representation? They've done it before.

And maybe don't harass or antagonize other community members?
(04-12-2024, 08:54 PM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote:
loco wrote:My daughter is in the 10th grade, goes to a liberal high school in NorCal and is being taught that both Biden and Trump are fascists but at different degrees. Obviously Trump being the bigger fascist but denying and gas lighting that Biden is not a fascist is where you're gonna lose touch with younger people that see through all of the bullshit.

Malarkey! I can see why Republicans want school vouchers now.

Wait a second, I thought loco is from California.  I'm pretty sure he mentioned this a couple of times.

Edited: I misread NorCal as NC derp derp
1 user liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth
(04-12-2024, 10:48 PM)Averon wrote: B-Dumbs in the Community Thread:
Quote:I just want to point out again: nobody who is pointing out who Varvra is has been warned or banned or anything. It's just been the people who make it personal and start attacking each other.

The reason why we try and come down on that, and have always tried to, is because if you aren't careful that sort of thing can escalate in dangerous ways. You go from that sort of thing to bringing that user's posts into discord to complain about them with your buddies. Then you keep doing that, even to the point of taking other posts they make out of context in order to have something to complain about. All of a sudden you have a channel in your discord that's dedicated to complaining about a handful of posters, with dozens and dozens of posts as "proof" of how bad they are. Then you're left questioning why everyone else doesn't see what you see and, if you're too far down the rabbithole, you wind up making a 200-page google doc with "receipts" showing just how bad they are and you then try and pass it around so people can see what you do. You're so far gone at this point you don't even realize you're doing the same sort of shit kiwifarms does on a regular basis, that the behavior is really not all that different from the worst of the worst internet dwellers.

Shit, maybe they are an asshole, but the only place to escalate from that sort of thing is doxxing them. At that point you've crossed a line that pretty much everyone agrees is way too far.

My point is, people need to be able to have a discussion with each other without going into personal attacks. The world is more complicated than "us vs them" even if everyone on social media tells you otherwise. Everyone likes something problematic and we all have different lines we draw in the sand when it comes to this sort of thing. Something I find over the line might be seen as someone else as no big deal and vice versa. Having that discussion is fine so long as it's in good faith and respectful. It's our job to keep people on the right side of that line, to toss the people who are just trolling or those not engaging in good faith.

Reports from you guys can help with that sort of thing, even if we don't warn/ban someone it doesn't mean we can't take the report under advisement or keep an eye out for specific sorts of behaviors in the future. What I'm saying is this: being an asshole gets you nowhere, it might feel good in the moment but it generally has repercussions long-term. If you think someone is doing something wrong then tell us. Hit the report button, tell us what's up, and then let it pass like a bad dream. Hyperfocusing on people you dislike is no way to live your life, you'll just make yourself miserable doing that.

I see someone read the PoliERA manifesto lol

B-dubs is against the manifesto?

Hachikoma must have written it then.  Malarkey!
(04-12-2024, 10:27 PM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot3-make-her-look-more-corpulent-more-stuffed-where-the-eyes-cant-escape.275780/page-363?post=121625478#post-121625478

NuclearWinter wrote:

Quote:Why on Earth then did Nike think not show the choices then or think pushing THAT one as the big "main" to promote to be a good idea? That is still very suss on Nike's part.

I hate these people
(04-12-2024, 11:27 PM)HaughtyFrank wrote:

NuclearWinter wrote:I think it's just a preference thing. The cut of that one piece does look dumb, but for whatever it's worth they have a variety of choices:

Quote:Why on Earth then did Nike think not show the choices then or think pushing THAT one as the big "main" to promote to be a good idea? That is still very suss on Nike's part.

I hate these people

As much as they'd deny it, they want to be mad just as much and as often as the "chuds" they constantly talk about. They are all the same. They...

...constantly mad about something
...always looking for "hidden" enemies hiding in their midst
...always on the lookout for new rage bait to talk about
...loves to sic mobs on people to cancel them/ruin their life
...have a cult-like obsession that only their political views are possibly right
...dream of violently taking out the other side
...are absolute perverts behind the scenes
...are quick to throw out science the second they feel it goes against their dogma
(04-12-2024, 11:05 PM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote:
Vonocourt wrote:
NuclearWinter wrote:At this point, I can't help but feel cynical about Disney's decisions. It just feels too much like they're intentionally casting these actors so they can get hatred and the movies publicity.

Man go fuck yourself.

Marginalized groups scramble for representation strive to be seen, and your thought is immediately assume it's a crass all publicity is good publicity even when the whole story is a right wing false narrative.

I don't know. Maybe Disney should make good new movies that have representation? They've done it before.

Actor is of Indian ancestry. India is home to over 1.4 Billion people with its own massive media industry. What does marginalized mean in this instance  wtf?
(04-12-2024, 10:35 PM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote:

NuclearWinter wrote:I think it's just a preference thing. The cut of that one piece does look dumb, but for whatever it's worth they have a variety of choices:

Vonocourt wrote:that doesn't really change the uniforms they chose to unveil the line.

[Image: 4tnk9r.jpg]

These are the sport experts that claim that there is no difference between bio women and trans women in sports.
(04-12-2024, 12:17 PM)Snoopy wrote: Ree's level of solipsism is so out of touch with reality they actually think CIS scum only started to notice them a decade ago. Wut?
It's because that's when they first noticed trans people. Remember what they're always telling you, every accusation is a confession. They're projecting constantly.

(04-12-2024, 12:22 PM)Besticus Maximus wrote: No jokes, the thing that brought this nonsense to my attention was Kyuuji's bullshit. Before that I couldn't have given much of a fuck about any of it, but Kyuuji is so aggressively objectionable and demonstrably wrong about everything on the internet that I now know about eggs, Blahaj, squid announcers, warhammer 40k backstory and other kinds of important women lore.
As would be expected I had zero interest in any of the deeper levels of this trans subject, I didn't and still don't care what individuals who can consent wish to do to themselves, but then I did what they kept telling me and actually listened to what they were saying and demanding.

(04-12-2024, 07:15 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/democrats-fear-netanyahu-may-have-undermined-biden%E2%80%99s-image-among-voters.842091/page-4?post=121616697#post-121616697
OnionPowder wrote:Just admit you don't care about genocide as long as you don't see it around you.
This is everyone. Have you made sure you're caring about genocides other than the one you think is happening in Israel/Palestine? What are you doing about the trans genocide that's happening around you?

(04-12-2024, 07:59 PM)HaughtyFrank wrote:
Quote:I would hope Iran obviously realizes that Israel is trying to bait them on purpose.

If they truly care about Palestinians, they won't take the bait.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-preparing-for-significant-attack-by-iran-that-could-come-within-the-next-week-response-to-israeli-airstrike-that-killed-top-commanders-in-syria.837195/post-121619856
Why would Iran give a shit about Palestinians?
Quote:Most Palestinians are Sunni Muslims,
Quote:Hamas, an acronym of its official name, Harakat al-Muqawama al-Islamiya (Arabic: حركة المقاومة الإسلامية, romanized: Ḥarakat al-Muqāwamah al-ʾIslāmiyyah, lit. 'Islamic Resistance Movement'), is a Palestinian Sunni Islamist political and military movement
hmm

Love that I searched for "palestinians sunni" and Google returned me Hamas. lol

edit: Did anyone else not know Hamas was an acronym? Why don't we call them H.A.M.A.S.???
(04-12-2024, 11:05 PM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote:
Vonocourt wrote:

Man go fuck yourself.

Vonocourt is mad that this dude humiliated her. lol 

I bet she will imply that is a troll concern trolling (while two hearts keep postingBut that's none of my business... )
I expect someone will be able to dig through whatever ree’s stance on this nonsense is

https://www.resetera.com/threads/nyt-opinion-the-troubling-trend-in-teenage-sex.842790/

Personally I’ve never been with any women who asked to be choked, strangled or suffocated but I’ll go ahead and assume ree claims women love it

https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot3-make-her-look-more-corpulent-more-stuffed-where-the-eyes-cant-escape.275780/page-363?post=121626555#post-121626555
NuclearWinter wrote:Thanks, for what it's worth I've been lurking this thread for a while because as a guy I think it's important for me to hear and try to understand the opinion of women and what they go through (and it's given me a lot to think about in regards to my purchasing habits when it comes to games). I hesitate to post because I think it's better for me to just listen and I'm unsure what I can add when my experiences as a man are so unjustifiably different. I posted this time as I hoped it might shed some further light on the situation, even though it doesn't change the problem of the design posted.
lol
Vonocourt- "Hey everyone, let's get mad at this!"

Female athlete- "Thanks for the support but we like our options. And if you think on our most important day of our careers, we're wearing clothes to appease men, that's offensive."

Vonocourt- Very sus.
(04-13-2024, 12:05 AM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot3-make-her-look-more-corpulent-more-stuffed-where-the-eyes-cant-escape.275780/page-363?post=121626555#post-121626555
NuclearWinter wrote:Thanks, for what it's worth I've been lurking this thread for a while because as a guy I think it's important for me to hear and try to understand the opinion of women and what they go through (and it's given me a lot to think about in regards to my purchasing habits when it comes to games). I hesitate to post because I think it's better for me to just listen and I'm unsure what I can add when my experiences as a man are so unjustifiably different. I posted this time as I hoped it might shed some further light on the situation, even though it doesn't change the problem of the design posted.
lol

Killing with kindness.  lol
(04-13-2024, 12:05 AM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote:

lol

Whenever serious or passive aggressive… 

Delicious