Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
(05-23-2024, 08:53 PM)Uncle wrote:
(05-23-2024, 07:27 PM)Eric Cartman wrote:
(05-23-2024, 07:24 PM)Eric Cartman wrote: There was also that Red Pill documentary

Turns out its free on youtube if anyone has a couple of hours to kill

again - despite the name - its actually pretty interesting

Yeshrug

available for free, you say

[Image: D6OjvOZWsAMW-Cb?format=png&name=900x900]

4 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower, benji, D3RANG3D
(05-24-2024, 12:17 PM)Besticus Maximus wrote: How can you possibly know who the fuck the voice actors were for full metal alchemist in 2008

What level of deviancy drives a man to such knowledge?

The obsession with english anime VAs is always funny to me. They're not even the original voices, just the dub. Like I'm sure they're doing good work but not that it would warrant this level of cult around them

Top of the page practical armor
Spoiler:  (click to show)
[Image: GNQFEy-WwAAtGu3?format=jpg&name=large]
Quote:Same. I am routinely late, like a few minutes late to work every day, which I find highly stressful and excruciatingly embarrassing, especially when we have meetings first thing!

I find it very hard to get right. I can change clocks, or plan to leave earlier, but i wise up to that prity fast and adjust. I think intrinsically I don't like to be early, so I plan to have exactly enough time, then something small will happen, and I no longer have enough time. If wake up earlier I will use up that extra time doing something else e.g tidying /washing up/reading and plan to leave with exactly the right amount of time, get that slightly wrong and still be late!

Trains are another good example. There is a train to London every 20min, and it is a 15-20min walk. If I was planning to get the 18.00, but was only ready by 17.46, I would realise that I couldn't catch the 18.00 and will have to get the 18.20. As I am now ready, I should therefore have plenty of time to catch the 18.20, but invariably I won't manage to leave until 18.05 and have to run a bit. It is absurd being me!

Look at me. What a wacky guy I am. I'm such a character. Lol. Honestly, I'm soooo absurd.

[Image: qTqglGd.jpg]
(05-24-2024, 07:04 AM)Boredfrom wrote: TL;DR There is no simple way to deal with Trump because he is a symptom of the U.S. not trusting its political class. In my experience, living in a country with a similar asshole, ignore him is not viable because he has a ton of followers and political enablers. And I seriously doubt that your government wasn’t willing to ignore him and let it be if their hand wasn’t forced given how malicious stubborn the fucker is.
You are right. He wouldn’t just go away. My point is, it probably wasn’t the best decision to start up the unending legal shitshow the day he left office. Again, repeating his name over and over, giving news outlets a reason to put his face on the screen and talk about him constantly, giving the trumptards a martyr…another reason to put another bumper sticker on the back of their truck; meanwhile, giving him a platform and a reason to continue to spout his nonsense for four years, this all backfired.

The problem in 2016 wasn’t that they ignored him, it’s that the Democrats encouraged him throughout the primary process, thinking he wouldn’t stand a chance against Hillary. 

And speaking of Hillary, though Trump spent his entire campaign chanting lock her up, when he won did he ever even mention the name Hillary Clinton again? How would the Democrats have reacted if instead of letting her fade away she was arrested, and paraded in court and on TV for four years? I think at least someone on the Trump team insisted they just let her fade away.

All I’m saying is the Democrats, in their hubris, thought they would embarrass him and finally get their sweet revenge on him for wiping the floor with Clinton. They thought Biden would be a popular president and they, again, just couldn’t imagine Trump challenging their guy. Idk, maybe Trump didn’t gain a ton of support from his base from all of this. Maybe I’ve misread the tea leaves. But I mean, there are reasons political opponents don’t often go after each other legally. 

Don’t let my frustration with the Ds fool you, I am very much anti Trump. But I feel like if you’re going to put a former president on the stand for crimes against the state, they better be some show stopping treasonous, slam dunk charges or you run the risk of being seen as the oppressors yourselves (remember the pearl clutching when Trump threatened to investigate Hillary?) 

Either way, thanks for the lively discussion. I don’t mean to shut down your opinion, my language can be a bit unintentionally absolute when I talk politics. I don’t know that I’m right about this or anything. I’m just going with my gut here. Cheers.
3 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower, Boredfrom
(05-24-2024, 08:50 AM)Polident wrote: It’s pretty incredible how a single issue is their entire problem with Biden. The guys on the center right have issues with the economy, immigration, divisiveness of his rhetoric, mental capacity, etc. whatever your thoughts are on any of that, it isn’t a single issue. But these brats have been so catered to by the entire range of the establishment that this pushback is catastrophic. Give a mouse a cookie, and all that.

some, I assume, are good people Trumps
3 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower, Nintex
(05-24-2024, 08:57 AM)Daffy Duck wrote:
Queen Bee wrote:Just for perspective trans people currently sit with an active anxiety over being forced back into the closet or having to leave the country if changes to the Equality Act are made. Changes that have been signalled by both Labour and Tories. 'Weird, backward and baffling' is an incredibly light way to address what trans people have lost this past half decade and fight against today.

"We are more left wing than most" isn't saying anything in the face of these anxieties, it's meaningless to them. People aren't considering how 'left' they are they're  doing their best to prevent their children committing suicide now they face going through years of mental anguish as they're forced through puberty, denied access to adult care -potentially until their mid-20's- when they then face having to go through significant surgeries they could have avoided otherwise, while continuing to fight for years for a single appointment for the care they need. I have had parents in tears to me not knowing what they can do to keep their child alive.

There is a deep, grounded reason behind why people feel Labour have crossed the line for them with their abandonment of trans people during a complete backslide on rights and access. It's emotional for you, it's emotional for them.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/rishi-sunak-to-call-general-election-in-uk-today-general-election-for-july-4th.878277/page-25

No! Simply no, this is not happening at all

They're gonna have to hire people smugglers to take them in boats to syria, to escape their oppression and get that better life
No1curr

We got a thread for this Trump Biden shit
Veelk wrote:WRT the discourse around Druckmann/TLoU2:

I think I'd be more confused by it if we didn't experience a similar thing with Rian Johnson's The Last Jedi. Much of the initial anger over this is based in bigotry of varying kinds. But dealing with that movie's discourse prepared me for TLoU2's.

Rolleyes lol Egomaniac 

https://www.resetera.com/threads/neil-druckmann-says-new-naughty-dog-title-‘could-redefine-mainstream-perceptions-of-gaming’.879162/page-13?post=123405237#post-123405237
Choco_Momonga wrote:Every naughty dog ex-member has nothing but bad things to say about his leadership, said to me personally, but you don't even need insider info to know that. I care more about his workers, not about his "revolution." He's a disgusting zionist too so there's that.

lol
https://www.resetera.com/threads/in-oh-my-tech-news-iphone-owners-say-the-latest-ios-update-is-resurfacing-deleted-nudes.872181/page-3?post=123116547#post-123116547

Kyuuji, post: 123116547, member: 31943 wrote:Appreciate the heads up lol

O'Reilly
These people really are using "zionist" in place of "jew'.  Neil Druckman is an American who has donated to both Israel and Palestinian emergency relief funds.  He's not vocal about the politics of Israel.  He was simply born there.  There is no reason to bring up zionism in regards to him.
The new South Park special is out, are the usual goons screeching about it yet? lol

So far all quiet, give them time

https://www.resetera.com/threads/cartman-goes-on-ozempic-in-‘south-park-the-end-of-obesity’-trailer-coming-to-paramount-in-may.872046/page-2?post=123405843#post-123405843
https://www.resetera.com/threads/some-more-news-are-men-okay.878724/post-123382446 wrote:
Quote:i'm a bit confused why "women have it worse" means "we shouldn't waste time talking about men's problems"

there's room for both

not least because a lot of the problems men have is WHY women have it worse

and that's just one angle of prejudice, there's countless others!
I don't think anyone here is saying that women have to worse to discount men though. It's that women are being told that they don't have to deal with patriarchy from the same angle as men, but in many respects we do.

I came into this thread because a man insisted that women are not shamed for their feelings at all. And I'm like, I'm sorry, have I lived for over 30 years just imagining every single time I or another woman was told that we're being too emotional to have a discussion, that we're on our periods, that we're being bitchy, crazy, whiny, etc.? Like, certainly that wasn't a collective hysteria right? Like, how many relationship threads on here by men frame the woman as overly emotional?

So, we all have it in common that open displays of emotion are considered shameful because that is the patriarchal standard. But where some men get it twisted is that women don't suffer from this shame at all because it's expected for us to be emotional, unable to consider the fact that this presumption paves the way for misogynistic thinking.

But women put in the work to develop spaces, education, and campaigns primarily for themselves to figure out the value in that emotional availability on its own merits (not for the service of men). To tell ourselves that it's okay, because we have nothing to gain from the patriarchy, which is part of the problem we're fighting- men theoretically have something to gain from the system meaning it's going to be infinitely harder to divorce them from it than it has been for women.

But you wanna know something else. Some women still fucking suck at emotional vulnerability. You think I'm over here talking about my problems to my best friend every day like a Steven Universe episode? I wish I could do that. Sometimes I do. Sometimes some shit happens and I get on the phone or Discord and go "Gurl. You won't believe this." But plenty of times I've been on the edge of emotional breakdown, or even in physical pain, and I just didn't say anything to anyone.

Because despite being a woman, I live in this shit hole with men too where I've been trained to understand that emotional vulnerability is a no-no.

Thread about mens problems?
Egomaniac Egomaniac Egomaniac

https://www.resetera.com/threads/some-more-news-are-men-okay.878724/post-123376188 wrote:I think for anyone to seriously consider themselves a part of any given progressive movement, some level of ego breaking and simply being told straight up that you need to shut the fuck up is mandatory, because everyone comes in with harmful biases that need to be challenged one way or another. That's kind of the point, innit?!

hmm
melody shreds wrote:When I still had Twitter I'm pretty sure multiple people blocked me over my likes lmao.

Btw you can be actioned on Twitter for using the term "Cis", It's identified as a slur.
Also transphobia is not actionable.

Basically don't use Twitter anymore, it's fucking awful.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/elon-musk-tw𝕏tt𝕏r-dr𝕏m𝕏-𝕏t-let’s-keep-it-here-parody-🔵-official-ꕤ.649272/page-1062?post=123395442#post-123395442

That’s not why people blocked you Melody
(05-24-2024, 11:47 AM)Potato wrote:
(05-24-2024, 11:23 AM)HaughtyFrank wrote:
Quote:Because white folks are known for doing dumb shit like this all the tim
e.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/obnoxious-white-woman-harassing-locals-and-ruining-tourism-in-japan.879855/post-123382776

Yes, because we didn't have news stories about how Johnny Somali was straight up arrested in Japan for his behavior. Or that news story about a Chinese tourist defacing ancient Egyptian walls. In fact there's tons and tons of stories about Chinese tourists doing shit upsetting locals but a generalisation like that would probably get you banned for sinophobia

The explosion in Chinese tourism has been an absolute boon for American tourists. No longer are the boorish Americans the most loathed on the tour bus. Instead, it's the Chinese spitting everywhere, shouting at everyone, refusing to follow local rules, littering, and generally being obnoxious cunts who are number one on the shitlist.

Call it racism or stereotyping, but experiencing it first hand, over and over, really makes you lose your mind a little. It can be a crowded store, one path going one direction, and a Chinese tourist will make a full stop and start yelling. People saying “excuse me” in various languages, gesturing to pass, store worker telling them to move aside. They don’t care about everybody else being inconvenienced. I’ve seen people diagnose it as the culture being kill or be killed.

Make no mistake. Most tourists are trash. It’s easier to understand your cultures trash because you’ve seen them at home. Like when an American tourist with a string backpack walks in, you know to breath through your mouth.
thetickofit wrote:It's genuinely hilarious to me that British people consider its mainstream media to be reliable. The Guardian is economically center-left and socially center-right, the rest of the media is far-right, and the fact-checking is uniformly terrible across the board.

Look at how the Cass report had numerous lies and omissions (latest example), and how the UK MSM ranged from soberly reporting it as the gospel truth to spreading even worse lies about it.)

Where's the fucking reporting? Your MSM is just a bunch of pathetic regurgitators of the party line.

My parents were born as colonized subjects of the British Empire, so I have nothing but contempt for your institutions anyway.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/lucy-letby-britain’s-most-prolific-child-serial-killer-given-whole-life-order-life-without-parole.755437/page-7?post=123409299#post-123408993

His links are from Assigned Media, BTW.  Rolleyes  

Most reliable site, indeed. Awesome 

Piece of shit.
(05-24-2024, 11:47 AM)Potato wrote:
(05-24-2024, 11:23 AM)HaughtyFrank wrote:
Quote:Because white folks are known for doing dumb shit like this all the tim
e.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/obnoxious-white-woman-harassing-locals-and-ruining-tourism-in-japan.879855/post-123382776

Yes, because we didn't have news stories about how Johnny Somali was straight up arrested in Japan for his behavior. Or that news story about a Chinese tourist defacing ancient Egyptian walls. In fact there's tons and tons of stories about Chinese tourists doing shit upsetting locals but a generalisation like that would probably get you banned for sinophobia

The explosion in Chinese tourism has been an absolute boon for American tourists. No longer are the boorish Americans the most loathed on the tour bus. Instead, it's the Chinese spitting everywhere, shouting at everyone, refusing to follow local rules, littering, and generally being obnoxious cunts who are number one on the shitlist.

You forgot shitting in rubbish bins.
4 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower, Potato, D3RANG3D
You'd never find a Japanese person taking pictures of stuff in a foreign country  ufup
https://www.resetera.com/threads/first-look-at-spoiler-suicide-squad-kill-the-justice-league-season-2.880224/

couple of era die hards "Wow, so cool, take that chuds"
almost everyone else "That looks fucking shit"

lol
(05-24-2024, 01:17 PM)Eric Cartman wrote:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/some-more-news-are-men-okay.878724/post-123382446 wrote:
Quote:i'm a bit confused why "women have it worse" means "we shouldn't waste time talking about men's problems"

there's room for both

not least because a lot of the problems men have is WHY women have it worse

and that's just one angle of prejudice, there's countless others!
I don't think anyone here is saying that women have to worse to discount men though. It's that women are being told that they don't have to deal with patriarchy from the same angle as men, but in many respects we do.

I came into this thread because a man insisted that women are not shamed for their feelings at all. And I'm like, I'm sorry, have I lived for over 30 years just imagining every single time I or another woman was told that we're being too emotional to have a discussion, that we're on our periods, that we're being bitchy, crazy, whiny, etc.? Like, certainly that wasn't a collective hysteria right? Like, how many relationship threads on here by men frame the woman as overly emotional?

So, we all have it in common that open displays of emotion are considered shameful because that is the patriarchal standard. But where some men get it twisted is that women don't suffer from this shame at all because it's expected for us to be emotional, unable to consider the fact that this presumption paves the way for misogynistic thinking.

But women put in the work to develop spaces, education, and campaigns primarily for themselves to figure out the value in that emotional availability on its own merits (not for the service of men). To tell ourselves that it's okay, because we have nothing to gain from the patriarchy, which is part of the problem we're fighting- men theoretically have something to gain from the system meaning it's going to be infinitely harder to divorce them from it than it has been for women.

But you wanna know something else. Some women still fucking suck at emotional vulnerability. You think I'm over here talking about my problems to my best friend every day like a Steven Universe episode? I wish I could do that. Sometimes I do. Sometimes some shit happens and I get on the phone or Discord and go "Gurl. You won't believe this." But plenty of times I've been on the edge of emotional breakdown, or even in physical pain, and I just didn't say anything to anyone.

Because despite being a woman, I live in this shit hole with men too where I've been trained to understand that emotional vulnerability is a no-no.

Thread about mens problems?
Egomaniac Egomaniac Egomaniac

https://www.resetera.com/threads/some-more-news-are-men-okay.878724/post-123376188 wrote:I think for anyone to seriously consider themselves a part of any given progressive movement, some level of ego breaking and simply being told straight up that you need to shut the fuck up is mandatory, because everyone comes in with harmful biases that need to be challenged one way or another. That's kind of the point, innit?!

hmm

Shes using white slang!!! Cultural appropriation!! Cultural appropriation!!!

Everybody wants to be a Cracka, but nobody wants to be a Cracka.
(05-24-2024, 01:53 PM)Eric Cartman wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/first-look-at-spoiler-suicide-squad-kill-the-justice-league-season-2.880224/

lol

That game really set out to just be profoundly ugly. No wonder the sweet baby inc shit gets so much traction. 
Who the fuck even wants a character like this. Not sexualizing a character doesn't mean you can't make her look cool.

Holy fuck she's also a lesbian  lol
(05-24-2024, 11:49 AM)Potato wrote:
(05-24-2024, 11:35 AM)Nintex wrote:
(05-24-2024, 10:25 AM)D3RANG3D wrote: There are no good candidate to vote for, so what is the solution?

To jerk off to the meltdowns!

You really need to question everything about your culture if this guy is anything more than a circus sideshow on second rate reality TV...

America has a culture?

Mindblown Titus
(05-24-2024, 01:57 PM)HaughtyFrank wrote:
(05-24-2024, 01:53 PM)Eric Cartman wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/first-look-at-spoiler-suicide-squad-kill-the-justice-league-season-2.880224/

lol

That game really set out to just be profoundly ugly. No wonder the sweet baby inc shit gets so much traction. 
Who the fuck even wants a character like this. Not sexualizing a character doesn't mean you can't make her look cool.

https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44858017-Sweet-Baby-Inc-detected/?l=english
Sweet Baby Inc detected
DEIDetected.com
Follow
FOLLOWERS
In other news, Stellar Blade reversed the censorship today by adding outfit variants with the censored parts undone. 
The divide between east and west in gaming truly couldn't be greater right now
Media is healing!

Rejoice
(05-24-2024, 01:57 PM)HaughtyFrank wrote:

lol

This reminds me of that Battletoads reboot where they made the Dark Queen a Kim Possible character.
Wait, she is supposed to be alternate version of Mr Frost?  Cat

Edit: Is Mr Freeze. How could I got it wrong? ;-;
https://www.resetera.com/threads/how-do-you-feel-about-people-who-are-always-late.879618/post-123373812
Nepenthe wrote:OP would lose his mind in Brazil.

Dead
https://www.resetera.com/threads/coca-cola-wozzaah-zero-sugar-revealed.879810/
Nepenthe wrote:On the one hand: Cool, corporate recognition of African cultures.

On the other hand: Zero Sugar ew.

[Image: fDA6dPQ.png]

Noodle went to PRISON for this?!  Unforgivable.
(05-24-2024, 02:20 PM)Boredfrom wrote: Wait, she is supposed to be alternate version of Mr Frost?  Cat
Mr Freeze but yes, and according to someone on RE still married to Nora. Like they couldn't even take the win that it would be a twist to have the man be the "sleeping beauty" and the wife trying to cure him, they also had to throw a "she's gay" in there. Real parody levels. I'm shocked she isn't in a wheelchair