Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
Asking Ree for dating advice 

lol
(06-15-2024, 05:51 PM)Snoopy wrote: Asking Ree for dating advice 

lol

"How can you even think about dating right now when children are dying in Gaza?"
To give the guy credit, nobody lists themselves as 5’11”. They jump to 6’ along with 5’10” dudes. And 5’7” to 5’9” guys go with 5’10”. So, 5’11” is a sign of some honesty. Maybe that’s the problem. Like showing your Kingdom Hearts tattoo in a photo. Sometimes to sell your best self, you need to omit or massage some details to seem appealing.
(06-15-2024, 05:56 PM)wizardora wrote:

lol

"How can you even think about dating right now when children are dying in Gaza?"

"even genocide joe is married, so what's wrong with you?"

Edit: oh wrong thread. A whatever
5 users liked this post: D3RANG3D, Gameboy Nostalgia, benji, Taco Bell Tower, Potato
(06-15-2024, 07:22 PM)HaughtyFrank wrote:

Edit: oh wrong thread. A whatever

Spoiler that before Propagandhim sees it.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot3-make-her-look-more-corpulent-more-stuffed-where-the-eyes-cant-escape.275780/page-401?post=124372368#post-124372368
Quote:Like I said, I don't object and like seeing autistic/autistic read characters being seen as cute and attractive rather than weird and gross, especially since it doesn't come across as fetishistiatic. Plus it helps that so much of it is truly adorable like all the Falin x Marcelle I've seen recently.

So I was curious, is fetishistiatic even a word? So I googled it and was presented with one singular web hit. The resetera women’s clothing thread.
Billfisto wrote:Weird how large corporations keep choosing profit, and how it keeps fucking things up.

Huh. Oh well, guess we'd better let it continue.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/june-13-2024-propublica-microsoft-chose-profit-over-security-and-left-u-s-government-vulnerable-to-russian-solarwinds-hack-whistleblower-says.902196/

Because government companies are never corrupt or incompetent. Awesome
(06-15-2024, 08:02 PM)clockwork5 wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot3-make-her-look-more-corpulent-more-stuffed-where-the-eyes-cant-escape.275780/page-401?post=124372368#post-124372368
Quote:Like I said, I don't object and like seeing autistic/autistic read characters being seen as cute and attractive rather than weird and gross, especially since it doesn't come across as fetishistiatic. Plus it helps that so much of it is truly adorable like all the Falin x Marcelle I've seen recently.

So I was curious, is fetishistiatic even a word? So I googled it and was presented with one singular web hit. The resetera women’s clothing thread.

Quote:I've noticed their is a trend to find women often read by autistic people as attractive despite not traditionally designed to be visually "sexy" attractive; I've noticed this especially with wlw women, especially shippers.

I was reminded of this with all the Dragon Age news given both ME and DA have characters read like this such as Liara, Peebee, Merrill, Sera, Dagna etc. FF's Yuna and Aerith are also classic examples and Sailor Mercury and Falin Touden in anime, often being the blue Oni in the relationship.
[Image: Dmd6ZvF.jpeg]
(06-15-2024, 08:29 PM)HaughtyFrank wrote:
(06-15-2024, 08:02 PM)clockwork5 wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot3-make-her-look-more-corpulent-more-stuffed-where-the-eyes-cant-escape.275780/page-401?post=124372368#post-124372368

Quote:I've noticed their is a trend to find women often read by autistic people as attractive despite not traditionally designed to be visually "sexy" attractive; I've noticed this especially with wlw women, especially shippers.

I was reminded of this with all the Dragon Age news given both ME and DA have characters read like this such as Liara, Peebee, Merrill, Sera, Dagna etc. FF's Yuna and Aerith are also classic examples and Sailor Mercury and Falin Touden in anime, often being the blue Oni in the relationship.
[Image: Dmd6ZvF.jpeg]
Yeah that whole conversation is mostly gibberish.
3 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower, D3RANG3D
I think what they’re trying to say is that women are autistic
Ash_Greytree wrote:Yeah, until I see an actual trailer for Gears 6 with Kait and more front and center, I'm not gonna be trusting this new leadership at The Coalition on saying they love Gears 4 and 5. It reeks of "Titanfall Is In Our DNA".

Gears 4 and 5 did what Halo failed to do, move on to new characters with solid storytelling whilst still having the old characters in the background or on the team doing their own still-important things. Gears E-Day feels like a nostalgia-bait copout. It also feels shitty to see one of the coolest female characters that Xbox Game Studios has written, in the form of Kait, fall by the wayside for the sake of going back to The Bros who already had their story told. Even though it was in development before all the GamerGate 2.0 bullshit, everything about Gears E-Day still feels like a capitulation to those kinds of people.

Still trying:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/jez-corden-gears-of-war-e-day-with-director-matt-searcy-and-manager-nicole-fawcette-multiplayer-“horror”-tone-new-direction-for-franchise-etc.902307/page-2
(06-15-2024, 05:25 PM)Boredfrom wrote:
(06-15-2024, 04:59 PM)HaughtyFrank wrote:
(06-15-2024, 04:45 PM)Boredfrom wrote: Weren’t a lot of you guys saying that SF6 was a huge improvement in female character designs? (Because they give Chun Lin yoga pants).

https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot3-make-her-look-more-corpulent-more-stuffed-where-the-eyes-cant-escape.275780/page-401?post=124517448#post-124517448

Love the bitterness.

Meanwhile Capcom's own survey showed that fans skew heavily male and one of the primary things those fans look for in games are "unique and attractive characters"

[Image: BnJkoiw.png]
[Image: eIurtbM.png]

Why are they always so mad when they simply cater to the audience they actually have instead of an imaginary one? And despite all that, characters like Leon S Kennedy are clearly made with a female audience in mind

Being fair, there is no way that Dino Crisis won that survey as “most requested remake”.

Oh, we all know Jawmuncher spammed that
3 users liked this post: TacoWallace, D3RANG3D, Gameboy Nostalgia
https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-astrobot-rescue-mission-worth-playing.902304/
entremetGPT
Quote:Since PSVR2 is not backward compatible, it would seem you would need to track down the first generation PSVR, a convertor for the PS5, and the game.

I've really loved this franchise since the PS5 pack-in and I'm excited about the standalone game coming out this year.

But I like playing series. Do you think PS Studios does a PSVR2 patch eventually?
???
2 users liked this post: D3RANG3D, Gameboy Nostalgia
https://www.resetera.com/threads/over-6-months-later-has-the-playstation-portal-changed-the-way-you-play-games.901827/?post=124483722#post-124483722
Nothing Loud
Quote:I personally always thought the Portal was a ridiculous product. Imagine paying lots of money to stream PS5 games and that's the ONLY thing it does. Meanwhile an Odin, a Steam Deck, a Legion Go/Ally, hell even your phones can stream PS5 and other system's games using Chiaki, PS Remote Play apps, Moonlight, Steam Link, etc. I was never able to fathom what would compel someone to buy such a goofy, ugly-looking device for such a niche use case, when most of us already have devices that enable this feature without needing to buy one of these things.
Egomaniac
Quote:The Portal is cheaper than any device you listed and to play on a smaller display phone in similar fashion (a device everyone has) with no proper dualsense features, you have to spend another 100.
Quote:If you don't have the three devices in bold, a Portal is cheaper if you just want to stream PlayStation games (PS5, PS4 and the classics minus PS3) with the added bonus of haptics - on Amazon Odin 2 is £452.95+, Steam Deck is £368+, Legion Go is £599, Ally is £538.80, Portal is £199. The screen is bigger than a phone and if you want to use the phone for other things you can do (I typically play on my Portal and use my phone at the same time to play Ever Crisis, Clash of Clans, talk to people on WhatsApp or whatever takes my fancy).

As for its looks, ergonomically it is great and end of the day that - and its performance - is what matters. Shame it varies for people but personally I've got no complaints.

If you play a lot via PC, sure you might find more value in paying more for one of the other devices, but if you're a console player then the Portal is the better option at a fraction of the cost.
Quote:Well considering it's selling better than Sony expected, it must be attractive to more people than they thought.

I could use remote play on my phone or iPad but I already explained why those are inferior experiences. There's a huge difference between holding something just in your hands as opposed to setting up a tablet with a controller. Plus I don't want to use my phone for stuff like this.

As far as the portable PCs, I agree, if you have one, just use remote play on them. I haven't owned a PC in over 20 years and have no pc games so I'm not looking to spend more money on a device, plus money on pc games, when I can just use the portal and access my collection of games on PS5
Isn’t he the nutter who’s up to his arse in debt and thinks he can outrun it all by moving to Canada?
3 users liked this post: D3RANG3D, Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower
you know what?  that was uncalled for.
says he was brought up in a cult by immigrant columbians or something
married some professor guy
cruised around for homeless junkies
developed drug addictions
bought an 8k tv to impress resetera then returned it when he didn't get back pats
professor guy got bored of his bullshit and traded him in for a younger model
the circle of life
The $199 math doesn't really work out for the Portal if you need to add a $550 PS5 I don't
It’s those infamous Colombian cam whores again.
(06-15-2024, 02:52 PM)kaleidoscopium wrote: Andor, 2022:

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]
Loving the chick looking a different way from everyone else. lol
(06-15-2024, 08:42 PM)Boredfrom wrote:
Ash_Greytree wrote:Yeah, until I see an actual trailer for Gears 6 with Kait and more front and center, I'm not gonna be trusting this new leadership at The Coalition on saying they love Gears 4 and 5. It reeks of "Titanfall Is In Our DNA".

Gears 4 and 5 did what Halo failed to do, move on to new characters with solid storytelling whilst still having the old characters in the background or on the team doing their own still-important things. Gears E-Day feels like a nostalgia-bait copout. It also feels shitty to see one of the coolest female characters that Xbox Game Studios has written, in the form of Kait, fall by the wayside for the sake of going back to The Bros who already had their story told. Even though it was in development before all the GamerGate 2.0 bullshit, everything about Gears E-Day still feels like a capitulation to those kinds of people.

Still trying:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/jez-corden-gears-of-war-e-day-with-director-matt-searcy-and-manager-nicole-fawcette-multiplayer-“horror”-tone-new-direction-for-franchise-etc.902307/page-2
Are they saying Gamergate ended at some point? Social Justice Warrior 2
(06-15-2024, 04:25 PM)wizardora wrote: Has no-one been keeping an eye on the Constructive Community Discussion thread? Just a load of Game of Thrones-focussed wanky discussion going on there at the moment.

Busiest the thread has been in weeks.
Oh, sure, make me emotionally labor by logging into one of the collective TransEra accounts in the middle of a genocide upholding Western capitalist hegemony. Social Justice Warrior 2
(06-15-2024, 05:56 PM)wizardora wrote:

lol

That’s why you should be dating. We gotta make more children now that some were just killed. Got too replenish the earth
Rose and Finn could've been great. Keep the actors just give me actual good writers.  Gloomy

2 users liked this post: kaleidoscopium, Taco Bell Tower
(06-15-2024, 02:57 PM)HaughtyFrank wrote:
(06-15-2024, 02:52 PM)kaleidoscopium wrote:
onpoint wrote:Maybe stop pandering to them and write good stories with a diverse cast

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-wrap-star-wars-has-an-older-more-male-skewing-audience-than-marvel.902061/page-3?post=124504296#post-124504296

Does he not watch these star wars movies/shows or even know about them? They may not be good but the diversity is part of why South Park made their "put a chick in it, make her lame and gay" jokes about Kathleen Kennedy. Let's look at a few of the most recent series casts:

The Acolyte, 2024:

[Image: The-Acolyte-040723-8b9c738d1f7a4a51800debe64d26f437.jpg]

Ahsoka, 2023:
[Image: star-wars-ahsoka-cast-91948dd802ee4edb9d...54452f.jpg]

Andor, 2022:

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

Diversity isn't their issue here, if anything it seems like forced diversity may be causing poor writing but maybe not.

Somehow they're now going with the narrative that the recent star wars shows actually pander to men?

Quote:I'd say if they're tryin to change it, they're doing a very bad job. Even the female lead shows are aimed squarely at the older male demographic.

Rosario Dawson and Amandla Stenberg are only hot for straight guys, I guess.  Whew

Edit: wait a minute, Amandla’s gay and Era is still trying to push this older male stuff?
(06-15-2024, 09:34 PM)Propagandhim wrote: you know what?  that was uncalled for.

Don’t personally agree, but you made a pretty convincing argument on why white people should able to freely use the n-word.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-wrap-star-wars-has-an-older-more-male-skewing-audience-than-marvel.902061/page-4

Galkinator, post: 124495410, member: 16935 wrote:Most SW content Disney put out is pure trash, so I imagine it fails to attract any new audience at all. Most watchers are probably those who will be there for every new SW thing

ZeoVGM, post: 124496436, member: 1119 wrote:I mean, this simply isn't true. Hugely hyperbolic at best.

The Force Awakens, The Last Jedi, Rogue One, Andor, the first two seasons of the Mandalorian, Ahsoka, currently The Acolyte. None of those are "pure trash."

Even Solo is a fun if not very flawed movie.

DongBeetle, post: 124515489, member: 3669 wrote:They said most not all lol. Can we settle on half of Disney produced Star Wars stuff is pure shit?

ZeoVGM, post: 124520208, member: 1119 wrote:I know. And thats wrong.

No, because it's not. As I literally pointed out in the post you just replied to.

MadDogTannen, post: 124520217, member: 132334 wrote:Doesn't help that the only good Star Wars content since Disney bought it was Andor

ZeoVGM, post: 124528785, member: 1119 wrote:True.

If you ignore The Force Awakens, The Last Jedi, Rogue One, Ahsoka, Bad Batch, etc.

This is why I generally don't post in Star Wars OTs. It seems impossible for the franchise to be discussed without ridiculously hyperbolic negativity. The fact that people are now trying to pretend that The Force Awakens -- one of the most crowd-pleasing and acclaimed mega blockbusters ever -- isn't even good is so hard to take seriously.

And we're not even using the words "great" or "incredible." Just good.

DongBeetle, post: 124531332, member: 3669 wrote:Is it possible that people like/dislike different things than you?

ZeoVGM, post: 124531464, member: 1119 wrote:Yes, it is.

But we both know the difference between an actual opinion and clear hyperbole for the sake of being a hater.

Bigshow You could have just walked away Piss2
BASED ZeoVGM
5 users liked this post: Anti-Monitor, Potato, Superstar, Taco Bell Tower, ClothedMac
(06-15-2024, 07:10 AM)Taco Bell Tower wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/after-a-year-from-my-break-up-i-think-i-fell-in-love-with-someone.899919/page-2?post=124394202#post-124394202
TaySan
Quote:Congratulations OP. Hopefully I will be able to find my true love soon and you inspire me Smile
Wasn't he moving in with his gf or was he cucked?   Dead

His mom washed the waifu pillow.