Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
(05-23-2024, 07:48 PM)BIONIC wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/hello-how-are-you-tournament-called-off.879978/

Wow great feature Dead

Imagine failing this hard at work at every project you are assigned and still having a job?
(05-23-2024, 08:08 PM)killamajig wrote:
(05-23-2024, 07:24 PM)Eric Cartman wrote:
(05-23-2024, 08:12 AM)SmokyDave wrote: That was Norah Vincent. She wrote a book called ‘Self Made Man’. She also euthanised herself a couple of years back. Sad stuff.

I know I owe y’all a pile of likes, I’ll try and pop back later and sort it.

yeah, I cba to source it but that was who I was talking about.

There's also been a fair few articles either written by or interviewing female to male trans people about their experience crossing 'the gender divide' and a lot have similar experiences that its a lot rougher than they thought it would be unrelated to any issues of 'passing' or not being thought of as men.

There was also that Red Pill documentary, which is pretty interesting despite the name, and has a really unflattering interview with Social Justice Warrior

turns out if you assume other peoples lives are all fucking sunshine and rainbows, you're probably wrong!

After listening to  Social Justice Warrior views I don't feel bad about using her dumb face on here. Shes got to be on Reee with that buzz word salad.

This is a real person? WTF?
(05-23-2024, 08:41 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-cannot-handle-this-life-anymore-i-want-to-fucking-quit-im-so-tired.880026/

Joe2187 wrote:For my entire life I have been stuck with the burden of caring for my ailing and sick family members since I was a teenager.

My grandma was diagnosed with cancer and gradually wasted away over a six year period during my teens. During that time, my grandma was the one that cooked and cleaned the house while everybody else went to work or school. I was the youngest so I stayed home with her. I had to help her when she got more and more bedridden and naturally I took up the duties of cleaning and cooking. It got to the point where if I didnt cook, nobody ate that day or If I was too tired the house would pile up with trash. I had to roll her over to check for bed sores, change her clothes, bathe her, feed her, made sure she took her medications and neglected doing normal things a teen should be doing at my age.

When she eventually passed away it took a huge toll on the entire family, which lead to the downfall of my aunt and uncle. They were so dependent on my grandmother emotionally that they all ceased to function and in turn let themselves go entirely. My aunt was a chronic alcoholic with a smoking addiction and had serious type 2 diabetes and other chronic health issues. She was also a nurse, so trying to get her medical help was like pulling teeth from a cat. It was only four years after my grandmothers passing that I had to take care of her next after she became ill and bedridden enough to require medical attention around the clock. It got to the point where multiple appendages had to be amputated. I cooked, cleaned, bathed her, changed her clothes, made sure she took her medications and ignored any normal things a normal 20 year old would be doing like going to college. During this time I was in control of the finances, since nobody in my house can be trusted to handle money responsibly, I was forced to learn how to pay utility and mortgage bills at 16 years old.

When she eventually passed away, I was 22 years old and had no idea what real life was like outside of my home. I now had to keep a household together while dealing with fallout from the insurance money and the relatives in my life now congregating over my aunts corpse like flies. I was now a homeowner with four occupants that didnt understand that bills needed to be paid, and food needed to be bought in order to survive. My mom just drank and smoke till she passed out, my brother was a bi-polar psychopath who had tried on multiple occasions to kill me, my uncle was a dead beat alcoholic that drank a six pack in the morning, a 12 pack in the evening, and a 24 pack for dinner.

What I found out after my aunt passed away was that she was paying a 99% interest mortgage loan because she bowered against the original house back in the 90s and spent it on some fucking bullshit she was always buying from the QVC channel. it explained all the fucking garbage knicknacks and dolls she had cluttering her room and closet.

I tried to fight this in court, so I got to learn how the courts worked at 23, while dealing with relatives I never even heard of before coming at me for money, or a place to stay while paying a mortgage that barely even touched a percentage of it's initial debt. I had no idea what I was doing, and the mortgage company refused to even sniff in my direction. She left no will, or any sort of document detailing what to do in case of her death and If I didnt pay off the mortgage somehow I would be evicted.

I had to sell the house after getting a document claiming me as the inheritor of her estate after 3 years of playing back and forth with the courts but I only had a six month window to sell it before it expired. In the meantime I was going to college and living on my own, so when I went back to the house it was like walking into a dumpster fire. The entire house was like dilapidated and the floors were warped from where my brother and my uncle just pissed where they pleased after so much drugs and alcohol.

I had to leave my own place, drop out of college and fix the place myself. 98 bags of trash later, four months of work I fixed it as best I could. replaced the floors by hand, rebuilt the bathroom, rebuilt the backyard, fixed the roof, sanded and painted the interior and redid the plumbing. all the while living there and having to deal with my uncle and brother being crazy and violent. My uncles health started getting progressively worse at this time to the point where my dinning room ceiling would cave in repeatedly.

A process I documented when It was happening here with pictures https://www./threads/i-live-with-the-most-disgusting-person-on-earth-long-ass-ranting.592776/ (Old neo gaff links are banned so you can just look up "Live with most disgusting person on earth" Thread on google for the first result on neogaf)

I sold that house after a long grueling and mentally and physically exhausting ordeal while dealing with a mentally unstable brother who refused to do anything but be a blockade in my attempts to sell the house since he saw me as the one who had taken his property and house that he never contributed to but had this inflated sense of entitlement to it because my family for some reason prioritized the first born as being special. That's a whole other can of worms.

I move into a new place, and unfortunately my uncle is such a vile human being at this point nobody else would take him. Im once again thrust into the job of taking care of him. I refused to ever buy him alcohol no matter what but my mother and brother had no such claims. So I would come home from school and work and of course I was the only one who had to change his diapers, change his bandages, and pick him up off the floor and clean him of his own shit and vomit. IN MY OWN HOUSE. A year of this and one day, he's so drunk and fucked up he wanders off in the middle of the night crawling on his belly for the liquor store that he gets vivisected in half by a high speeding motorcyclist who is understandably traumatized for life by not expected to have cut someone in half that was face down in the middle of the highway at 4 am in the morning.

Not even a couple months from my uncles death my mom agrees to take in an uncle I've never even met before who had been in jail for 25 years with severe health issues and COPD, and the same process happens all over again. Im forced to care for this man I've never interected with before who has serious health issues and I need to bathe him, clean him, make sure he gets fresh oxygen, create specialized foods for him since his diet is very sensitive, change his diapers, change his bandages and chisel away at the dead skin the builds up on his calves every week or they start to smell like festering ass.

But he hated be taken care of, and always asked to get him beer, cigarettes, fatty and salty food. to the point where he called the cops on me for taking care of him as abuse ( My uncle, my aunt, and my mom also did the same things to me repeatedly. taking care of their health they translate as torture and absue) He opted to rather live in a halfway house for ex cons than live with me and be healthy. And not even a week later he was fucking dead because he neglected his health.

Fast forward to now, for the past 8 years my mom retired after serious health issues mainly regarding her alcohol abuse. (it's not an issue, she's not an alcoholic of course not...she's just has a few drinks here and there...two 64 oz bottles of wine is nothing) she has advance cirrhosis and kidney damage, she has now gotten to a point where she's in a state of constant confusion and can barely stand let alone know where she is. I have been picking her up off the floor of my home every day after work and doing the same routine I've always done, bathe her, clothe her, help her go to the bathroom, clean up, cook, make sure she gets medicine.

I recently started improving my own health, I have a great job as a chef at a country club, I met an amazing woman who has injected nothing but positivity into my life but now my mom is at a state of where she doesnt even know who I am anymore and im losing my fucking mind, I dont know what to do. My family has abandoned me and ghosting me in all my calls and texts.

I tried explaining this to my brother yesterday and he refused to even talk to me, or about the problems opting to instead try and take her from the hospital himself and take her to my home. when he was denied this by the doctors and myself he left, only for me to discover that he'd slashed all my tires and went to my house to destroy my garage and anything in it.

The doctors are telling me Im going to have to just take care of her myself, and I cant do it anymore. I feel like im going to fucking explode. I just want to run away, I want to fucking run and never look back and just leave it all behind.

I want to just jump off the fucking planet, I cant do it any longer. it's killing me. It's my mom, I know. But I cant do it anymore, not again.

Edit:
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/i-live-with-the-most-disgusting-person-on-earth-long-ass-ranting.592776/

Someone tag Melody Shreds in this...
(05-23-2024, 08:59 PM)AnnoyedCanadian wrote: As an autistic guy (who doesn't make it their entire fucking personality, it's just part of who I am), I hate the word neurodivergent.

Yes, some people can both be autistic and have ADHD but they aren't comparable. It's like apples and oranges. The term is so fucking stupid and it makes my skin crawl when I see it.

I don't get making one part of yourself your entire identity. I know people from all walks of life and they are themselves first, not if they are trans, gay, disabled, a minority, their religion, etc.

all it means is you're not normal, that's literally it, but they had to invent a new word because apparently it's insulting to directly acknowledge that you're not normal

who the fuck cares, lots of people aren't normal in various ways, it's only an insult if you let it be

it's another one of those voldemort situations where you give a word or phrase undue power by being afraid of uttering it, you have to invent a euphemism that at first sounds nice but quickly morphs into yet another insult
Melody is one person I just feel a tiny bit of sadness for. Like the dude is mentally unwell with the skullet hairdo.

On the other hand, he can't spell worth a damn and gets so flustered in his topics / replies he barely makes sense. It's like the white version of Slayven.

I remember one post saying they wanted to be the first like "all queer metal band" or some shit immediately after saying playing guitar hurts his hands and can't even play the Iron Man riff.

Wut
(05-23-2024, 05:55 PM)FEUER FREI. wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/how-do-you-feel-about-people-who-are-always-late.879618/page-3

Nepenthe, post: 123376881, member: 1995 wrote:As I alluded to before, this isn't just something that neurodivergent people deal with. Different cultures truly do have different relationships with time, and hard lateness is not a universal social faux pas. Someone being even an hour late to a shindig like a cookout in Black culture where it's expected to go on well into the night is not chastised for it, at least as far as I've seen in my life going to these things for 30+ years. Even for impromptu get togethers like "Hey, wanna come over to my place and stream this movie," I don't get my balls busted if I'm late, and vice versa in the opposite direction.

I dunno man, maybe let go of arbitrary capitalistic notions of promptness where someone's character is dependent upon the second they show up to a function. =P

this has literally FUCK ALL to do with capitalism literally EVERY FUCKING POST from NEPNEP is about CAPITALISM 

Divest from capitalism, colonialism, and white supremacy!

How anyone can read that and not say “Nepenthe, you are a racist piece of shit. Stop blaming every human flaw to white people”.
I wonder if Nepenthe hates white Brazilians or even considers white Brazilians to be white.

Her logic makes no god damn sense.
(05-23-2024, 09:16 PM)AnnoyedCanadian wrote: Melody is one person I just feel a tiny bit of sadness for. Like the dude is mentally unwell with the skullet hairdo.

On the other hand, he can't spell worth a damn and gets so flustered in his topics / replies he barely makes sense. It's like the white version of Slayven.

I remember one post saying they wanted to be the first like "all queer metal band" or some shit immediately after saying playing guitar hurts his hands and can't even play the Iron Man riff.

Wut

Melody's problems are all self-inflicted and he blames everyone else. 

Dude has clearly got it pretty good with his parents obviously being quite indulgent of his behaviour, but he still complains and larps as someone with real problems. Kind of like how Nep larps as an urban revolutionary while living in her parents' house in the suburbs.
(05-23-2024, 09:17 PM)Boredfrom wrote:
(05-23-2024, 05:55 PM)FEUER FREI. wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/how-do-you-feel-about-people-who-are-always-late.879618/page-3

Nepenthe, post: 123376881, member: 1995 wrote:As I alluded to before, this isn't just something that neurodivergent people deal with. Different cultures truly do have different relationships with time, and hard lateness is not a universal social faux pas. Someone being even an hour late to a shindig like a cookout in Black culture where it's expected to go on well into the night is not chastised for it, at least as far as I've seen in my life going to these things for 30+ years. Even for impromptu get togethers like "Hey, wanna come over to my place and stream this movie," I don't get my balls busted if I'm late, and vice versa in the opposite direction.

I dunno man, maybe let go of arbitrary capitalistic notions of promptness where someone's character is dependent upon the second they show up to a function. =P

this has literally FUCK ALL to do with capitalism literally EVERY FUCKING POST from NEPNEP is about CAPITALISM 

How anyone can read that and not say “Nepenthe, you are a racist piece of shit. Stop blaming every human flaw to white people”.

Nep is all the proof you need that you CAN be racist towards white people...
(05-23-2024, 09:19 PM)AnnoyedCanadian wrote: I wonder if Nepenthe hates white Brazilians or even considers white Brazilians to be white.

Her logic makes no god damn sense.

She probably doesn't consider them to be Brasilian

It’s not an “arbitrary capitalistic notion” it’s about respect. The same respect you demand for simply existing, Nep. If you and I agree on a time to meet and you’re 15 min late that is a sign that you do not respect my time or our word. Now, of course there are a multitude of legitimate reasons to be late, but to think that you are above the common courtesy of promptness demonstrates that you do not grant the respect to others that you demand for yourself. In fact to see promptness as anything other than an appreciation for those around you is just another sign of your complete self absorption.

So once again your argument boils down to “I am a piece of shit.”
(05-23-2024, 09:24 PM)Potato wrote: Melody's problems are all self-inflicted and he blames everyone else. 
Dude has clearly got it pretty good with his parents obviously being quite indulgent of his behaviour, but he still complains and larps as someone with real problems. Kind of like how Nep larps as an urban revolutionary while living in her parents' house in the suburbs.

Considering Melody's attitude back to their parents I'm surprised they haven't thrown his ass out by now.
It’s a noun, a verb, and 9/11 capitalism with this one.
(05-23-2024, 07:48 PM)BIONIC wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/hello-how-are-you-tournament-called-off.879978/

Wow great feature Dead

Quote:User joined 10 minutes ago
Immediately opens a tournament

Not at all sus
B-Dumbs
Quote:This tournament has been deleted and is no longer accessible.
(05-23-2024, 08:59 PM)AnnoyedCanadian wrote: As an autistic guy (who doesn't make it their entire fucking personality, it's just part of who I am), I hate the word neurodivergent.

Yes, some people can both be autistic and have ADHD but they aren't comparable. It's like apples and oranges. The term is so fucking stupid and it makes my skin crawl when I see it.

I don't get making one part of yourself your entire identity. I know people from all walks of life and they are themselves first, not if they are trans, gay, disabled, a minority, their religion, etc.

Glad I’m not the only one. Hate how autistic has become almost a slur when it’s just the easiest word to use to explain to others. It’s fucking stupid
Fuck whites, fuck Jews, and FUCK Genocide Joe Biden.

Fuck around and find out, "LIBERALS"!
(05-23-2024, 09:16 PM)AnnoyedCanadian wrote: Melody is one person I just feel a tiny bit of sadness for. Like the dude is mentally unwell with the skullet hairdo.

Wut

Melody verbally abuses and disrespects their elderly father who took them back into his home out of the kindness of his heart.

Melody has also refused to thank Nintex for donating to their burger fund.  wag
Quote:
Quote:Yeah, those poor bigots, sexists, and homophobes. If there's one thing TLOU2 did right was weeding those people out.
Or people who just dont like Zionists, which Druckmann is
https://www.resetera.com/threads/neil-druckmann-says-new-naughty-dog-title-%E2%80%98could-redefine-mainstream-perceptions-of-gaming%E2%80%99.879162/post-123387690

Druckman pandering to the people who despise him now is too funny
https://www.resetera.com/threads/reminder-of-whats-at-stake-in-the-u-s-biden-appoints-200th-judge-to-the-courts-and-could-appoint-1-2-scotus-judges-if-reelected.878934/page-2?post=123383328#post-123383328
ClickyCal wrote:
ahoyhoy wrote:If they can't be swayed by being reminded of the reprehensible actions of the previous administration, nor cowed by the threat of what a return of that admin would bring down upon themselves and their loved ones here at home, then I suppose there's no point and even trying to engage with them, since trying both of these tactics will likely always be considered "lecturing and browbeating".
Yep. If people don't budge on everything Trump has done and is set to do with another term, then it's pointless to even try with anyone like that.

That's right. You middle eastern peasants aren't even worth Clicky's effort.  wag
(05-23-2024, 04:04 AM)benji wrote:
(05-22-2024, 12:05 AM)Uncle wrote: benji years ago I said something positive in reference to nick rekieta in comparison to caraballo and you said something like ehhh I don't know about that guy and over the long slow course of his embarrassing fall I have never forgotten this but apparently the bore has been excluded from google search results as well as its own archives being unsearchable so I cannot dredge up this post or I would

all I wanted to say is

you were right
(05-22-2024, 04:25 AM)Uncle wrote: he didn't even highlight the post where I said he was right
Because I was wrong:

you are now even more right

https://www2.kcmn.us/LETG/custody/custody.html

[Image: wmHAjBC.png]
(05-23-2024, 10:35 PM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote: Fuck whites, fuck Jews, and FUCK Genocide Joe Biden.

(05-23-2024, 10:52 PM)Nintex wrote:
(05-23-2024, 10:35 PM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote: Fuck whites, fuck Jews, and FUCK Genocide Joe Biden.

ironichaos wrote:People are comfortable placing the blame on Biden for Israel but get defensive and don't want to take responsibly for their vote (or lack of vote) which results in Trump being re-elected.

Our actions have impacts.

When Trump starts putting immigrants into detention camps, removes rights (or worse) for women, LGBTQ+ and minorities, allows Ukrainians and Palestinians to be wiped off the map, cripples our climate progress, dismantles the Affordable Care Act, abandons environmental regulations, and more, you will bear responsibility for that outcome.

Also worth acknowledging that change is going to be most effective by pressuring your local representatives and senators. They're the ones drafting and passing the bills that fund this war after all. Call, write, show up to their office. If they're not hearing your voice, it's safe to assume your feelings are not making it out of this forum.

Let's see the Nintex spin on this one.  Malarkey!
Che Noodle update -

Quote:This. Every person in an administrative position at a university is complicit for their terrible response to the protests—and this includes the board of trustees as well. They know what they're doing.

On the other hand, my court summon today went okay. It was basically a precursor to the real thing. Next court date is July 9th. It seems like the school and District Attorney are really dragging this out. This also means that I won't be posting anything in this thread until then. I don't regret what I did. Here's hoping that what my friends and I did will lead to some real change.

Insane

https://www.resetera.com/threads/protests-at-columbia-university-continue-as-groups-on-both-sides-of-the-aisle-call-for-action-to-be-taken-university-shifts-to-hybrid-classes.851787/page-34?post=123368916#post-123368916
"Really dragging this out" lol 

Bitch welcome to how the legal system works...slowly
Quote:It seems like the school and District Attorney are really dragging this out.

bitch how fucking little do you know for having attended college for at least 3 years

how do you not absorb by this point in your life that the court system moves at a snail's pace, no exceptions

Quote:Here's hoping that what my friends and I did will lead to some real change.

it absolutely will, since you didn't specify "to the college's policies and partnerships"
Quote:Here's hoping that what my friends and I did will lead to some real change.

My guy, even if the college did everything you demanded, absolutely nothing in Gaza would change

So, if you're late or slack work in socialism, it's called treason.
(05-23-2024, 09:57 PM)clockwork5 wrote:

It’s not an “arbitrary capitalistic notion” it’s about respect. The same respect you demand for simply existing, Nep. If you and I agree on a time to meet and you’re 15 min late that is a sign that you do not respect my time or our word. Now, of course there are a multitude of legitimate reasons to be late, but to think that you are above the common courtesy of promptness demonstrates that you do not grant the respect to others that you demand for yourself. In fact to see promptness as anything other than an appreciation for those around you is just another sign of your complete self absorption.

So once again your argument boils down to “I am a piece of shit.”

Fuckin' Nepenthe can't even show up on time to an online Pokemon tournament organised by her own site.

(03-22-2024, 08:22 PM)kaleidoscopium wrote:
Serpens007 wrote:Nep and I are gonna battle this weekend!
Surely after she is done with the police report and gets a chance to breath? 
https://www.resetera.com/threads/pokemon-tournament-double-battles-scarlet-and-violet-sign-ups-now-live-win-an-analog-pocket-and-amazon-gift-cards.817725/page-7?post=120789720#post-120789720
Tournament is clearly a clusterfuck already btw 

B dumbs wrote:For the upper bracket we need:

Fumpster vs Spinosaurus
milkyway vs SpeedyBlueDude

For the lower we still need:

mjw vs Brazil
W1ckedEvoX vs Firestorm
Theorymon vs jman0625
fek vs gryvan
Serpens007 vs Nepenthe

The lower bracket especially needs to get on it because a few members are waiting to find out who they're going to face in the next round. If anyone is having any issues putting a match together send me a PM and we'll both go to your opponent and find out what's up.
(05-23-2024, 11:16 PM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote:
(05-23-2024, 10:52 PM)Nintex wrote:

ironichaos wrote:People are comfortable placing the blame on Biden for Israel but get defensive and don't want to take responsibly for their vote (or lack of vote) which results in Trump being re-elected.

Our actions have impacts.

When Trump starts putting immigrants into detention camps, removes rights (or worse) for women, LGBTQ+ and minorities, allows Ukrainians and Palestinians to be wiped off the map, cripples our climate progress, dismantles the Affordable Care Act, abandons environmental regulations, and more, you will bear responsibility for that outcome.

Also worth acknowledging that change is going to be most effective by pressuring your local representatives and senators. They're the ones drafting and passing the bills that fund this war after all. Call, write, show up to their office. If they're not hearing your voice, it's safe to assume your feelings are not making it out of this forum.

Let's see the Nintex spin on this one.  Malarkey!

I agree with Jeff G and Sleepy Hallow
3 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, D3RANG3D, Taco Bell Tower
(05-23-2024, 10:50 PM)Uncle wrote: you are now even more right

https://www2.kcmn.us/LETG/custody/custody.html

[Image: wmHAjBC.png]
Good thing he didn't just throw away six figures on a completely avoidable legal escapade that he still has to go and lose.